• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The BellGab "New Member" Meet and Greet!

Started by GodsEqual, September 24, 2008, 02:13:23 AM

JessO666

Hi everyone,
I have been a on and off C2C listener since 1997. Never a full fledged fan, usually one of my friends had it on. But because of a change in my schedule this winter I  rediscovered it and quickly became a nightly listener. But after a month or so I heard my first "Somewhere in Time" early Saturday show/rebroadcast. I forgot about Art and was immediately struck by how much better and fun the show was. After a month or so of Noory, Punnet and Knapp I was blown away.  So needless to say I wanted to hear a lot more of Art. I signed up to C2C.com so I could download all the Art Bell shows. Sadly I discovered only the past 90 days is available for download. So I started torrent searching and have been downloading old dreamland and C2C. They make the new nightly C2C seem dull.I stumbled on this site last night and then lost about 4-5 hours during through the forums. I love the streaming 24/7 Art Bell. I'm really happy to find this site and I'm very happy to be here. Thanks to all who run the site and post often.

MV/Liberace!

A pleasure to have you.

Sent from my Droid X.

Oy..  I missed this thread entirely and jumped right into the forums.

Psychologist by trade, mathematician by vocation.  Discovered Art Bell thanks to his appearance on the show "Millennium" back in 99 ("The X-Files" darker and smarter little sister, at least before its third season).  His role was minimal, but I found his radio show to be much more interesting, largely for the sheer topical sprawl on any given night.  Rolling the die of humanity.

Thanks for the welcome in the other threads.

kingdomofsigh

Quote from: Flaxen Hegemony on August 18, 2011, 11:49:30 PM

Psychologist by trade, mathematician by vocation.  Discovered Art Bell thanks to his appearance on the show "Millennium" back in 99 ("The X-Files" darker and smarter little sister, at least before its third season).  His role was minimal, but I found his radio show to be much more interesting, largely for the sheer topical sprawl on any given night.  Rolling the die of humanity.

Your avatar gets my vote for bestest there Flaxen...oh sweet Diana...so misunderstood... 8)
V The Series Catfight - Jane Badler Vs June Chadwick

Quote from: kingdomofsigh on August 19, 2011, 07:45:42 AM
Your avatar gets my vote for bestest there Flaxen...oh sweet Diana...so misunderstood... 8)

Thanks, KOS.  1980's V was a cheesy series for sure, but had some great moments. This is one of my favorite Diana scenes.  I always considered it a surprising inclusion, given the religious attitudes of the 80's.

Diana shoots Priest Jane Badler V The Final Battle

Quote from: Flaxen Hegemony on August 18, 2011, 11:49:30 PM

Your avatar gives me the gdamn creeps. Even after all these years. Touche  :)

Frys Girl

The male symbol under George Noory (your avatar) looks like a penis. Zing zong :)

Misunderstood Hell! That is the look an alien woman gives you after finishing a grilled burger made of your severed schlong!

kingdomofsigh

Quote from: Flaxen Hegemony on August 19, 2011, 11:21:16 AM
Thanks, KOS.  1980's V was a cheesy series for sure, but had some great moments. This is one of my favorite Diana scenes.  I always considered it a surprising inclusion, given the religious attitudes of the 80's.

Diana shoots Priest Jane Badler V The Final Battle

It lost steam with the later weekly show, but the original V and the Final Battle miniseries together were incredible. Still get chills when I hear the opening credit music...   ;)

kingdomofsigh

Quote from: Frys Girl on August 19, 2011, 04:08:58 PM
The male symbol under George Noory (your avatar) looks like a penis. Zing zong :)

That's the Jack Lasnoory action pose. I'd say it's a funny coincidence, but we all know that "there are no coincidences..."  :o

coaster

I can't believe I didnt see this thread sooner. I've been posting on the forum without first giving a proper introduction.
Ok, here goes. Long time listener, first time caller.. Like everyone else, I think George Noory sucks.  My interest in coast
died down when Jorge Snoory took over. He just rubs me the wrong way. If I saw the man and didnt know who he was, i'd swear
he was about to sell me a used car. I'm sure he is  nice enough a person, but he is ruining coast and not only does he know it,
he doesnt care. And I think that is where my problem with him stems from. It's his paycheck and nothing more.
When Art Bell came on, there was energy in the air. It was like he was hiding in some secret bunker at area 51, chain smoking and trying
to tell his story before the MIB came. Those days are over. Now we have a mushmouth who fumbles through his 4 hour infomercial.
I remember after one particularly bad show I actually googled "george noory sucks", and well, here I am. This site is a hoot  and I'm really glad I joined.
I also like reading, long walks on the beach, and beer. Which is obvious.^ Excuse any typos, I've gotten a bit pie-eyed in preparation for tonights show..  cheers!

valdez

Quote from: coaster on September 01, 2011, 09:59:45 PM
This site is a hoot and I'm really glad I joined.
    Welcome, coaster, and all new coastgabbers.
Mawu-che-hitoowin: A Gathering of People for any Purpose - Image One

Scully

Quote from: valdez on September 02, 2011, 05:47:11 AM

Welcome, coaster, and all new coastgabbers.
Mawu-che-hitoowin: A Gathering of People for any Purpose - Image One

Who sez this Forum isn't group therapy?  ;)

GSD

This site is awesome because you're not censored for every cuss word you utter. If you make a statement that's intentionally offensive, this is another matter, but I have found most people on these boards try to be respectful. I think people are actually more respectful because we're basically free to say what we want. I think censoring people too much actually causes mayhem in forums. Many a site could learn something from this site's policing methods, there is no need to ding people for everything they say. As long as the freedom isn't abused, you have it, this is the way a bulletin board should be. Lots of smart folks in here too, good discussions, glad I found this forum.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: GSD on September 04, 2011, 01:05:08 AM
This site is awesome because you're not censored for every cuss word you utter. If you make a statement that's intentionally offensive, this is another matter, but I have found most people on these boards try to be respectful. I think people are actually more respectful because we're basically free to say what we want. I think censoring people too much actually causes mayhem in forums. Many a site could learn something from this site's policing methods, there is no need to ding people for everything they say. As long as the freedom isn't abused, you have it, this is the way a bulletin board should be. Lots of smart folks in here too, good discussions, glad I found this forum.
Thank you for writing that. Welcome to the forums. Post often.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

GSD

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on September 04, 2011, 02:07:27 AM
Thank you for writing that. Welcome to the forums. Post often.

Sent from my DROIDX

Thank you. Great job with these boards.

Joined today & just wanted to say hello. So... wait for it... wait-for-it... Hi!

Frys Girl

Quote from: BiffWellington on September 04, 2011, 03:12:20 PM
Joined today & just wanted to say hello. So... wait for it... wait-for-it... Hi!
Welcome, Biff!

SawPuppet

Biff you are a gentleman and a scholar indeed.
How joyous for us that you decided to joing our small but proud society. We have high standards and I must advise that I have volunteered to head the Enforcement Committee. And I shall rule with an iron fist!!!! I joined yesterday.
You may pick up your purple robe at anytime in the next ten days or so in time to meet Jesus hiding behind the comet (one of the comets) in the high-tech space cruiser!!!!!! We're here.....because you're there!

Morgus

Noory's show tonight with his guest looks like yet another 3 hour infomercial.
Too bad Knapp can't handle all the Sundays each month, since Noory seems even worse on Sundays then during the week.  :P

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: BiffWellington on September 04, 2011, 03:12:20 PM
Hi, Biff. Is Biff Wellington your real name? It's one of those names that give me a chuckle.

Welcome to the forums.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Falkie2013

I've been listening to Richard Hoagland for years ever since he first came on Art's show.

What gets me about Hoagland is that while he keeps talking about this vast " numbers " conspiracy within NASA he's never had anyone come out of the woodwork and corroborate any of his stuff.

He's got more degrees than a 32nd degree Mason and seems to tie everything into his number theories or into some strange cosmology that no one but Richard seems to understand.

Though someone may come up with a way to harness the free energy that he does talk about. It is apparent that Tesla may have found a way to do so, but how often does a Tesla come along and how often does someone who isn't bound by conventional science manage to accomplish anything in research that is practical and not on the bounds of being something wierd or crazy ?

Hell, we've had dozens of people confirm that SOMETHING happened at Roswell but in all the years Art and George have had Richard on, one would think that some NASA discontent would have called in, fast blasted or something to give Hoagland some corroboration, wouldn't one ?

I take Hoagland's stuff with a pound of salt. I remember him going on for weeks or months about some hole they found on Miami Beach. I never could figure out what in the hell was going on with that one.

I have both his books on my paranormal shelf as I do with the books that said we never went to the moon, just so I can refer to them if I need to.

Welcome to all the newbies on here from a newbie himself.

EastCoastLady

Apologies for not introducing myself beforehand, I just found this thread.  I've been posting for a few days and while I might not agree with everyone *sheepish grin* I certainly am enthused by the level of intelligence, generosity & originality I've found here!  I am a tad addicted to this site right now -- it's so nice to find people who enjoy the same topics I find so intriguing.

I was a long time listener of Art Bell and then Noory came into the picture & has become a near cure for my insomnia.

Many many many thanks to Vandeven & Simple Machines for making this forum possible. 

Welcome to a really nifty site. 
Big Tip:  Don't be eating or drinking anything while you're reading these threads.  You may think you'll be able to handle it, but no, no, no you won't.  I once made a keyboard "smoke".  Nah, not really.  But I did have to replace one.   ::)

Frys Girl

Welcome to Falkie and East Coast Lady. Falkie, your post in supernatural experiences still comes to mind some days. Thanks.

SgtRocko

I've been merrily posting, and neglected to introduce myself:  I'm a 47 year old New Yorker stuck living in Cleveland; former member of both the Israeli Army and the US Marines (and unlike Maj/Gen/Admiral Ed Dames I can actually toss around my paperwork to prove it). 

I like listening to C2C for the weirdness, the sometimes intriguing science and happenings (had a few strange encounters in my life myself)...    I'm new to the programme, so I'm not an Art Bell afficianado - Listen on XM, so I'll have to start making sure to tune into the Somewhere In Time shows.

Thanks for letting me aboard!

Rocko

SgtRocko

?אַ דאַנק פֿאַר די פייַן גרוס אין העברעיִש! רעדן איר ייִדיש?

Thank you!

Avi

I had to have an emergency consult with the Ashkenazi branch of the family (my mother-in-law in Cleveland, coincidentally). You're very welcome. No, I don't speak Yiddish, only Hebrew. Well, I know a few words of Yiddish, those in popular usage. Some Yiddish words I choose to ignore, particularly the ones used by my in-laws to describe me, the Mizrachi from Haifa.