• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The BellGab "New Member" Meet and Greet!

Started by GodsEqual, September 24, 2008, 02:13:23 AM

Quote from: SomeVelvetMorning on October 31, 2011, 12:15:54 AM
Let us know if you get your show on the net and where we can listen.  As far as subjects, someone has already mentioned Cryptozoology.  This iste mentions several of the cases that we have heard discussed on C2C:  http://www.cryptozoology.com/articles/articles.php.  Loren Coleman is usually the gueat expert: http://www.lorencoleman.com/ and he covers things like the Loch Ness creature and the balck panthers that are seen in the UK.
Brad Steiger, the famous author, covers practically all aspects of the Paranormal and I always like to hear him: http://www.bradandsherry.com/
Good luck with everything and if possible, keep us up to date!

Hey SomeVelvetMorning

Thanks very much for the kind words, it's something I hope to have up and running before the non-event of 21st December 2012 and I'll be returning periodically as I think of possible topics and shows. Which reminds me, here's another one to chew over;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ursula_and_Sabina_Eriksson

And after hearing that George prematurely cut off Robert Freeman t'other night when he was on talking about Japanese Cryptozoology, I'm adding him to that shortlist as well.

The other thing about cryptzoology (thanks for the links and recommendations, btw) is that whilst I know literally next-to-nothing about it the subject, it's something I'm interested in. Despite having little knowledge on it, I'm pretty confident that I'm not going to need any prompt cards and still find some pretty engaging questions to ask, unlike someone in particular on C2C. That said, I'm certainly not going to skim any prep that needs to be done.

I have to say, I'm part-tempted to interview some of the forum users on here... This has to be one of the most amusing, intelligent forums around. If ever I'm having a bad day at work, a quick glimpse of this place soon raises a smile. And for that, I doff my tweed hat to you all!

Anyway, once again, thanks also for the links to Brad Stieger's site. I have, at some point in the past, actually caught a little of their shows however it was such a long time ago, I cannot recall any real details. I'll give it another whirl though, defo - especially seeing as C2C is almost intolerable now...

Quote from: Paper*Boy on November 06, 2011, 03:32:01 PM

Almost?

Excellent point. It is. I'm now at a stage where if Ian was talking about vanilla ice cream for four hours I'd rather listen to that.

Anyway, more topics I want cover, as a reminder;

Strangest/Incredible Stories of World War II
UK Urban Legends
Time Travel Special
Bizarre/Future Technology
Cryogenics/Preserving Life/Vanilla Sky
"The Butterfly Effect"
Greek Mythology
Zombies
American Civil War - Untold Stories
What if demand outstrips supply?
Things you'd like to do/see before you die (Callers "Bucket List")
Natural Born Leaders
The Psyche of Adolf Hitler
Deja Vu
Weird Countries/Weird Laws
African Americans of World War II/Soldiers of the British Empire
Life... Outside of Earth
Arachnophobia
What would you do if...

...and an alternate history show every Friday.

Just need to find the time to set everything up now...  :o

srnightowl

Quote from: Marc Knight on June 29, 2011, 07:44:38 PM

Thanks for this...looks like I'll be paying attention to this network...

I have enjoyed listening to Glastonbury Radio.  It may not be comparable to Art Bell, but it is fun.

http://glastonburyradio.com/on-the-air/news.php

Vulhala

Well, hello there!

Been a Coast insider for about 3-4 months now, but have been listening to Art Bell streams for at least 4-5 years. I'm also a subscriber to Howard Hughes' excellent Podcast. I shudder to think how many actual hours that would equate to in time spent absorbing all of that  ;D

I don't buy everything I hear or read, however I feel that it's important that the kind of topics on C2C and elsewhere are researched, given a platform and discussed.

Anyway, I look forward to talking to you guys  :)

(BTW, I use an forum app called Tapatalk occasionally, and when I first logged into the site, it said I could use it here too. When I tried however, it wouldn't work. Don't know if a Mod wants to look into that or not?)

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Vulhala on January 12, 2012, 07:05:48 PM
(BTW, I use an forum app called Tapatalk occasionally, and when I first logged into the site, it said I could use it here too. When I tried however, it wouldn't work. Don't know if a Mod wants to look into that or not?)

is it working now?

and welcome to coastgab.

Vulhala

Hi  :)

And no, still nothing. All I get is an error message saying 'Either this forum is restricting access from Tapatalk, or the installed Tapatalk plugin is not working correctly. Please contact your forum admin.'

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Vulhala on January 13, 2012, 01:54:16 AM
Hi  :)

And no, still nothing. All I get is an error message saying 'Either this forum is restricting access from Tapatalk, or the installed Tapatalk plugin is not working correctly. Please contact your forum admin.'

ok... how about now?

Inana

Hi All!

Although I've already posted I figured I would introduce myself.  The first show I heard was one wakeful night on a business trip I came across Art's original interview with Jonathan Reed.  I was immediately riveted and have been a fan ever since.  I'm kind of a spiritual type, and my all-time favorite interview was Rev. Howard Storm's NDE, but I also love ghosts, EVPs, pure science, alternative medicine, forbidden archeology and funny cat pictures.

Next to Art, I like Ian the best: he's witty, compassionate, erudite and has the best sign-off in radio, and I'm so sad he's had to cut back to once a month on account of health issues [did anyone else hear the caller who said "tin-tin-itus"?].  I'm cool with the other hosts too, with the exception of he-who-will-not-be-named-here because I want to keep my blood-pressure down.

You all seem like a mighty fine bunch and I'm proud to be here!

Kind regards,
Inana

Susan Foreman

My blood pressure was so high I went straight away to rant on the Sucks! thread, so here is my belated Hello to everyone. ;D
Thanks for all the great posts I've read here.  If nothing else, Nooron's half assed show has inspired so many like minded people to turn up in one place and get to know each other.  Inadvertently  he's ended up doing something worthwhile in spite of himself!

I still listen because I like the type of topics that pop up when he can't get hold of one of his go to guests,  the ones my family describes as "armed luddite god-botherers".  It pains me to listen to his interview, er, skills, but if I like the cut of the guest's jib I can get their book and see what I think, or seek out the same guest on a better show.  I've found some podcasts and local radio shows on this type of thing  that I subscribe to, and it's funny how many jabs GN gets from guest/hosts/listeners.  Thuh whirled is fuhl of haterz don'cha kneeeew.

MV/Liberace!

welcome, susan, and all the other people who have recently joined up.  there have been too many to keep up with.

The General

Quote from: kregor on February 21, 2012, 04:19:02 AM
Hey there everyone! I'm Kregor and I'm new to the forums.

I won't be coming back because you are a bunch of lame, negative pricks that have no life and will be forever alone and I hate you all.
Please allow your testicles to descend so I can kick you in them.

I hate you all.
Then it sounds like you'll fit right in.
Welcome to Coastgab.  Post often.

Quote from: kregor on February 21, 2012, 04:19:02 AM

I won't be coming back because you are a bunch of lame, negative pricks that have no life and will be forever alone and I hate you all.

I hate you all.
I think I'm in love!

11angeleyes11

I hate you all.

To my dearest Kregor:

I am a lover of all things Noory.  Welcome!

Now, addressing your last statement, "I hate you all."  Welcome again. 

All sides may comment here.  Now, back to that strong statement, "I hate you all."  You have some Noorish viewpoints, and have identified yourself as a hater.  You win in two ways.  You support George.  You are a member of the identified class "haters."  Good for you!!!
Post often.

gfanikf

Hey,

I'll just do a quick introduction. I've always loved reading about paranormal and cryptozology stuff as a kid. You can blame a David Cohen(?) book called The Mummys Curse and 100 other tales (something like that), heck I still have it, for wanting to learn and read about all this stuff. The game Deus Ex got me interested in conspiracy stuff (but at the same time a lot of the stuff wasn't fun or enjoyable as was often tied to racist loons). First actual experience with Coast to Coast with a Tool album funny enough.

I did try listening and subscribing to C2C recently, but mostly for the older episode archives. I didn't particularly like Noory and the subject matter kind of sucked (Anti-Vaccine just pisses me off). spiritual stuff isn't my bag.  I did like the one Ian (I think) did with Max Brooks as if World War Z had been real. but even for all the content I did download and archive, I often found it plodding and kind of hard to listen to. Art tends to be a lot easier to listen too and the shows don't often have split subjects.

Oh I have a website too, but truthfully I just do some very high level management on it and let my main reviewer run (and get everything). It's called HK AND CULT FILM NEWS. I won't include a link since I'm not sure if that's an issue, and if people know it that's cool, but I'm not out to try and get clicks for amazon commission and free stuff (not anymore at least lol)

I do intend to pick a new avatar at some point.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: gfanikf on February 21, 2012, 01:55:29 PM
Oh I have a website too, but truthfully I just do some very high level management on it and let my main reviewer run (and get everything). It's called HK AND CULT FILM NEWS. I won't include a link since I'm not sure if that's an issue, and if people know it that's cool, but I'm not out to try and get clicks for amazon commission and free stuff (not anymore at least lol)

hey, brother.  posting a link is not a problem at all.  the only requirement is that you be a real human.  also, you must legitimately intend to use the forum, not just post links and never post again.

and welcome to coastgab.

gfanikf

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on February 21, 2012, 02:42:09 PM

hey, brother.  posting a link is not a problem at all.  the only requirement is that you be a real human.  also, you must legitimately intend to use the forum, not just post links and never post again.

and welcome to coastgab.

Thanks

hosehead

A lurker.  Long time Coast listener on the East Coast.  Stopped listening to the live broadcast after Art quit for real.  Noory continued to get worse instead of improving.  I am not sure I can wrap my head around that bit.  I think he has some serious personal issues.

I have been posting recently as my 15-month-old has decided he does not like to sleep any longer.  I have been listening to Coast live for the first time in a long time in the hope Noory will dumbify my mind so hard I will just cease having the will to stay conscious.  It works; might be an alternative to general anesthetic.

Seems like a nice group of core members here; nice wit and banter.  Thanks for the laughs.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: hosehead on March 19, 2012, 08:20:13 PM
A lurker.  Long time Coast listener on the East Coast.  Stopped listening to the live broadcast after Art quit for real.  Noory continued to get worse instead of improving.  I am not sure I can wrap my head around that bit.  I think he has some serious personal issues.

I have been posting recently as my 15-month-old has decided he does not like to sleep any longer.  I have been listening to Coast live for the first time in a long time in the hope Noory will dumbify my mind so hard I will just cease having the will to stay conscious.  It works; might be an alternative to general anesthetic.

Seems like a nice group of core members here; nice wit and banter.  Thanks for the laughs.

thanks for joining, and please post often.

venkman71

First of all, I wanna tell you guys what a cool forum you have. Judging from your avatars ALONE, you're my kind of people.

Stumbled across it the other night while in the depths of insomnia and Coast running on a loop on the player.

I've been listening to this show since it was Art Bell and i was a die-hard Art Bell show fan from way back in the Mel's hole days and the "sounds from Hell"

Now Art went back and forth for a while towards the end of his run doing the on again/off again fill in host thing for so long that by the time he transitioned out for good, I was used to having him gone.

By the time Noory took over I hadn't really given much thought as to who the proper successor should be to the Bell throne because by that time I was kinda just used to him. But I was never as religious a listener as I used to be in the days of Art.

It wasn't until I stumbled across this board that you guys nailed what had been bothering me about the show since Art left. It IS George.

Everything you say is right and ever since I read somewhere on the board here where someone referred to him as "Simple George" I can't get it out of my head.

I don't know how I didn't see it before, but you have a "George's quotes" thread I found and I woke my wife up cause I was laughing like a lunatic at four in the morning.

Anyway, thank you, and damn you for opening my eyes. Truth be told, I'd rather have the show than not. I love the subject matter and getting all of the weird esoteric news stories but for my money, Ian, (despite his occasional social creepiness), is way funnier, smarter and calls people on their bullshit way more than anyone else.

Great forum. Glad I found you.

Keep listening to weird shit late into the night, lads.

I know I will.

venkman71

And I also wanna add,...I feel kinda BAD that I feel this way. I mean, I know the dude's giving it his all. He's a professional, he's been in the game for a while,.....I just liked Art's spin better.

The General

Quote from: venkman71 on March 24, 2012, 10:20:52 AM
And I also wanna add,...I feel kinda BAD that I feel this way. I mean, I know the dude's giving it his all. He's a professional, he's been in the game for a while,.....I just liked Art's spin better.
Don't feel bad. And welcome to Coastgab.

And I also wanna add,...I feel kinda BAD that I feel this way. I mean, I know the dude's giving it his all...

Welcome!  Actually, he isn't.  He's lazy, unprepared, doesn't seem to be listening to the guests much of the time, not at all interestd in the material...

... He's a professional...

Well yes.  He does draw a paycheck.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: venkman71 on March 24, 2012, 10:02:44 AM

I don't know how I didn't see it before, but you have a "George's quotes" thread I found and I woke my wife up cause I was laughing like a lunatic at four in the morning.

lol, nice.  glad you're here.  post often.

venkman71

Thanks, fellas.

Love your avatar, paper*boy.

One of nature's perfect films.

Phantasm

Welcome Venkman. I wish i was old enough to listen to Coast back in the Art era, I listened to George for about five seconds and I almost tore off my ears.