• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The BellGab "New Member" Meet and Greet!

Started by GodsEqual, September 24, 2008, 02:13:23 AM

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: TheDudeWITHaClue on July 04, 2012, 07:43:25 PM
Greetings. I first heard Art Bell way back in 1989 when I stumbled upon him by chance while scanning the AM dial on a cheap portable radio in the middle of the night. He was broadcasting from KDWN and I picked him up here in Washington state due to "skip". I've been hooked ever since. I've been "lurking" on the various Coast forums for years but somehow missed CoastGab. Feels like home.

hey, there.  glad you're here.  post often.

dariakus

Greetings and salutations! Been listening to Coast since 2001, and have been missing Art something awful since he slipped off a while back. I still listen to the show, but more because of the kind of train wreck aura it's got: I can't wait to see bizarrely terrible every guest is. Like this quack tonight claiming to be Tesla Reincarnated. Dude needs to get Gong'd already.

Mystery43

Hi Everyone! Just found this forum when I was browsing for best coast to coast interviews..  I live in CA so I listen to coast to coast at work.. yes I actually PAY to listen to GN. ha! Actually I mostly listen to the archived stuff... a lot of the new stuff makes me very sleepyyyyyy. I really like Ian Punnet and George Knapp though. Okay that's all for now! ;D

onan

welcome, always good to have a new set of thoughts.

McLovin

Hi I have been a fan of c2c since I first heard it on some late night/early morning drives on WLAC out of Nashville, Tennessee.  Thanks to all the posters who are sharing their treasure troves of AB material.  I don't listen much anymore to the new guy on there now.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: McLovin on July 16, 2012, 06:38:18 PM
Hi I have been a fan of c2c since I first heard it on some late night/early morning drives on WLAC out of Nashville, Tennessee.  Thanks to all the posters who are sharing their treasure troves of AB material.  I don't listen much anymore to the new guy on there now.

glad u joined.  post often.

Sardondi

Quote from: McLovin on July 16, 2012, 06:38:18 PM

Heehee. Is there any better sign that George is a complete disaster than the fact that as he's closing in on 10 years as the host that he's still "the new guy" to some listeners?   

McLovin

Quote from: MV on July 17, 2012, 06:27:08 AM

glad u joined.  post often.

Thanks will do.  Your avatar rocks, greatest show on tv.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: McLovin on July 17, 2012, 09:21:42 AM
Thanks will do.  Your avatar rocks, greatest show on tv.

did you catch the premiere of season 5 sunday night?  what did you think?  i was a little disappointed.  i wanted to see more "gus fallout."

Hey everyone!

I am an infrequent British listener to CTC and have been listening on and off for the past three years now. My family regularly listen to it, and I catch the odd show every few weeks or so, if it's on in the same room or if there might be something of interest to me. I've found certain shows and certain hosts/guests very interesting, presenting topics, viewpoints and facts of real value that is worth seriously thinking about. Some of the shows have also just been simply entertaining, and just a worthwhile listen in general. Others, however, have simply exasperated me, or have not lived up to expectation, or have been so much on the lunatic fringe that deep contemplation on them may cause long term damage on the psyche.

As I've read this great forum, I've been very pleased to see that people here have made roughly the same divide as me, when it comes to the wheat and the chaff of CTC.

The best of wishes to you all and I'll look forward to any interactions with you all in the future!

McLovin

Quote from: MV on July 17, 2012, 09:23:39 AM

did you catch the premiere of season 5 sunday night?  what did you think?  i was a little disappointed.  i wanted to see more "gus fallout."

Yes a little disappointed after waiting for like 9 months.  The flash forward was interesting, IIRC @ the pilot intro it is was Walt's 50th birthday (turkey bacon for breakfast).  The magnet was pretty cool, albeit almost cartoon-ish.  Interesting to wonder if Hank saw the computer contents or not before they sealed it up (thinking he did not).

I think the gus fallout starts next week after the police saw the Cayman bank stuff in the photograph.

Anyways, like Old Joe says "keep a PMA" LOL.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ChancersAnswer on July 17, 2012, 12:14:54 PM
Hey everyone!

I am an infrequent British listener to CTC and have been listening on and off for the past three years now. My family regularly listen to it, and I catch the odd show every few weeks or so, if it's on in the same room or if there might be something of interest to me. I've found certain shows and certain hosts/guests very interesting, presenting topics, viewpoints and facts of real value that is worth seriously thinking about. Some of the shows have also just been simply entertaining, and just a worthwhile listen in general. Others, however, have simply exasperated me, or have not lived up to expectation, or have been so much on the lunatic fringe that deep contemplation on them may cause long term damage on the psyche.

As I've read this great forum, I've been very pleased to see that people here have made roughly the same divide as me, when it comes to the wheat and the chaff of CTC.

The best of wishes to you all and I'll look forward to any interactions with you all in the future!

hey there, chancers.  glad you're here.  plz post often.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: McLovin on July 17, 2012, 01:06:14 PM
Yes a little disappointed after waiting for like 9 months.  The flash forward was interesting, IIRC @ the pilot intro it is was Walt's 50th birthday (turkey bacon for breakfast).  The magnet was pretty cool, albeit almost cartoon-ish.  Interesting to wonder if Hank saw the computer contents or not before they sealed it up (thinking he did not).

I think the gus fallout starts next week after the police saw the Cayman bank stuff in the photograph.

Anyways, like Old Joe says "keep a PMA" LOL.

MAGNETS, BITCHES!!!

Quote from: MV on July 17, 2012, 02:45:40 PM

hey there, chancers.  glad you're here.  plz post often.

Cheers MV! A pleasure to be on!

McLovin

Quote from: MV on July 17, 2012, 02:47:51 PM

MAGNETS, BITCHES!!!

LOL that is awesome.

"can you add twenty one more wired in parallel, up the amperage?"

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: McLovin on July 17, 2012, 06:18:56 PM

"can you add twenty one more wired in parallel, up the amperage?"

haha, i also enjoyed that line.

ShayP

Hey everybody!

I came across this forum a few days ago and it looks cool, and very appealing.  Especially since my frustration with C2C grows.  I first discovered the show by accident about 5 years ago.  Got hooked on it!  I love it.  After becoming an Insider/Streamlink member, I've done my best to catch up and have listened to most of the Art Bell's "Somewhere in time."  Makes me wish I found this many years ago for sure.  Anyway...looking forward to posting and getting to know some people.

What has prompted me to join here is my growing distaste for George Noory.  I used to think he was cool when I first started listening, BUT.......no.  Also, I do like John B. Wells.  However, I did something I never do regarding any show.  I emailed him with my complaint regarding a guest who, IMO, was allowed to go too far in his "philosophy."  I found it offensive.  I feel he wants to put his beliefs out there too and not remain neutral.  I will give him the benefit of doubt though. 

I also like Ian and G. Knapp.

All that aside......HELLO !!!!!   

3OctaveFart

Hey, all. I'm 3OctaveFart.

Love the site -- it entertains me for hours at work.

Just wanted to give credit where credit is due.

ziznak

welcome aboard fart and shayp!! enjoy the shit storm that is CoastGab!!

MV/Liberace!

very happy to see all of these new people.  post often.

I've been around for a couple of months, so I suppose it's time to stop in and say 'Hi' and express my gratitude for coastgab and this worthy assemblage of wits. So, hi.

Also, George Noory sucks.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: UnscreenedCaller on August 07, 2012, 06:23:19 PM
I've been around for a couple of months, so I suppose it's time to stop in and say 'Hi' and express my gratitude for coastgab and this worthy assemblage of wits. So, hi.

Also, George Noory sucks.

'tis a pleasure.  post often.