• Welcome to BellGab/bellchan Archive.
 

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 07:13:24 AM

jazmunda

Quote from: ItsOver on December 06, 2013, 09:52:36 PM
The thread has slowed down a little but I thought it would have stopped by now, with Art having disappeared into the sunset for the near term, at least.  This seems to be kind of a miscellaneous "go to" thread when the GNS thread just doesn't quite fit the bill.

I am ashamed to admit I never check the GNS thread. The only time I peaked in and posted was during the Gnoory posting furore.

Do I need to hand in my George Noory Sucks badge?

ItsOver

Let's see.  Art's last post was on Nov. 25th.  Maybe he'll drop in for a little update soon or least wish folks well for the holidays or something.  That should pick-up the thread's pace for a bit.  Of course, if Noory were to have another Pizza Roll Event (PRE) the GNS thread would storm ahead once again.

ItsOver

Quote from: jazmunda on December 06, 2013, 10:00:45 PM
I am ashamed to admit I never check the GNS thread. The only time I peaked in and posted was during the Gnoory posting furore.

Do I need to hand in my George Noory Sucks badge?

I wouldn't think so.  Once a "hater," always a "hater".  ;)

jazmunda

Quote from: onan on December 06, 2013, 09:55:12 PM
I think Art will send another line or two in the near term (yes vague terms).

I disagree. I think we've seen the last of Art for awhile. I guess there's nothing much for him to say at the moment.

IcicleTrepan

Did Jim Harold get removed from the lineup?

jazmunda

Quote from: IcicleTrepan on December 06, 2013, 10:26:30 PM
Did Jim Harold get removed from the lineup?

He's winding down folks. He's winding down.

IcicleTrepan

Quote from: jazmunda on December 06, 2013, 10:32:56 PM
He's winding down folks. He's winding down.

haha, actually I think I answered my own question.. looks like he does the paranormal podcast every 2 weeks.  Maybe Keith will carry the campfire one too.

mattjs2732

Just because I love to make people think, and I will admit this wouldn't ever happen, I want people to consider this scenario:

Listening to SIT from 12-27-2001
Predictions show. "Art Bell will be offered a TV show."
Ding ding ding.  "Turned them all down."

Would be interesting if he were to have a TV show while his non compete runs out. Most shows these days last...you guessed it...2 years.

Question is, since the media is television, would this even be a good work around for a NC?

dortmunder

Quote from: Jesus Undercarriage on December 06, 2013, 02:27:58 PM
Have you tried Salmiakki from Finland? Maybe it is the same thing you are talking about, it took some doing but I did acquire the taste.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salty_liquorice

Yes! Love that stuff!

coaster

So I am playing poker tonight, and the conversation turns to radio. I instinctively say to the four folks- "have  you heard of Art Bell?" The one across from me, who I have never seen before says "I have, but hes just another talking head. Another pundit."
Pundit? What.. So I asked him to explain himself. Words were exchanged. I have never, ever in my life got into a fight because of a fucking radio personality. But this guy was so idiotic. Suffice it to say, thats the end of that poker game for a while.
tldr: people are idiots. I am surrounded by them.

retired41

Quote from: coaster on December 06, 2013, 10:56:18 PM
So I am playing poker tonight, and the conversation turns to radio. I instinctively say to the four folks- "have  you heard of Art Bell?" The one across from me, who I have never seen before says "I have, but hes just another talking head. Another pundit."
Pundit? What.. So I asked him to explain himself. Words were exchanged. I have never, ever in my life got into a fight because of a fucking radio personality. But this guy was so idiotic. Suffice it to say, thats the end of that poker game for a while.
tldr: people are idiots. I am surrounded by them.
uninformed sheep.


Quote from: coaster on December 06, 2013, 10:56:18 PM
So I am playing poker tonight, and the conversation turns to radio. I instinctively say to the four folks- "have  you heard of Art Bell?" The one across from me, who I have never seen before says "I have, but hes just another talking head. Another pundit."
Pundit? What.. So I asked him to explain himself. Words were exchanged. I have never, ever in my life got into a fight because of a fucking radio personality. But this guy was so idiotic. Suffice it to say, thats the end of that poker game for a while.
tldr: people are idiots. I am surrounded by them.

Aw, son. Sympathies. There are always social situations I go into saying I will just keep my head down and be one of the masses, and always some asshat pushes that one, and I mean one of four, buttons. "I am not built for this world"

Jnthn932

Quote from: mattjs2732 on December 06, 2013, 10:51:53 PM
Just because I love to make people think, and I will admit this wouldn't ever happen, I want people to consider this scenario:

Listening to SIT from 12-27-2001
Predictions show. "Art Bell will be offered a TV show."
Ding ding ding.  "Turned them all down."

Would be interesting if he were to have a TV show while his non compete runs out. Most shows these days last...you guessed it...2 years.

Question is, since the media is television, would this even be a good work around for a NC?
You got it

retired41



mattjs2732

Quote from: Jnthn932 on December 07, 2013, 12:37:24 AM
You got it

Like I said, it wouldn't ever happen, but damn...if it could keep us going during that gap...

Jnthn932

Quote from: mattjs2732 on December 07, 2013, 12:40:29 AM
Like I said, it wouldn't ever happen, but damn...if it could keep us going during that gap...
Man I hate to be a buzz kill but Art is done for good. I hate it and I cringe typing it but it's true.





Quote from: b_dubb on December 06, 2013, 08:58:55 PM
what's tragic is that the original Wicker Man is a masterpiece.  highly recommended

It isn't tragic really. I really did not want to watch the Cage version as the original is so great but then I saw some review saying it was pretty funny so I gave in, I bet I've seen it 3 or 4 times now. It has it's own merits.

Quote from: Jesus Undercarriage on December 07, 2013, 04:59:09 AM
It isn't tragic really. I really did not want to watch the Cage version as the original is so great but then I saw some review saying it was pretty funny so I gave in, I bet I've seen it 3 or 4 times now. It has it's own merits.

Like a guy in a bear suit punching a woman? Or the infamous "NOT THE BEES" scene? Nic Cage claims to have invented his own acting process called "Noveau Shamantic." The man is certifiable.

onan

I think Art Bell likes Nic.

grano salis

Quote from: dortmunder on December 07, 2013, 01:23:07 AM
So good!

I hope that you do not have any relatives in Hamburg, as there is a truly bad weather warning there.

FallenSeraph

My mom chalks up anything strange to Art Bell. We had an ice storm here yesterday and in the middle of it there was a sudden loud, random clap of thunder. My mom goes, "What was that?" As a joke I answered, "Just the government screwing around with weather manipulation." She said, "Oh for God's sake, where the hell did you hear something like that? Art Bell?"

or, on the topic of possibly losing electricity:

"Hey Mom, did you know you can charge a cell phone with a few potatoes?"
"Oh for God's sake. Where the hell did you hear that? Art Bell?" (Actually it was Ground Zero.)

She needs a T-shirt that says, "Where the hell did you hear that? Art Bell?"

A while back when I told her he was coming back on Sirius, she said, "God help me."

;D ;D ;D


Yorkshire pud

Quote from: grano salis on December 07, 2013, 07:20:22 AM
I hope that you do not have any relatives in Hamburg, as there is a truly bad weather warning there.


They're getting what we got on thursday and yesterday. Windspeeds recorded over 120 mph, flooding, houses falling into the sea, little things like that.

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: Seraphim27 on December 07, 2013, 07:47:18 AM
My mom chalks up anything strange to Art Bell. We had an ice storm here yesterday and in the middle of it there was a sudden loud, random clap of thunder. My mom goes, "What was that?" As a joke I answered, "Just the government screwing around with weather manipulation." She said, "Oh for God's sake, where the hell did you hear something like that? Art Bell?"

or, on the topic of possibly losing electricity:

"Hey Mom, did you know you can charge a cell phone with a few potatoes?"
"Oh for God's sake. Where the hell did you hear that? Art Bell?" (Actually it was Ground Zero.)

She needs a T-shirt that says, "Where the hell did you hear that? Art Bell?"

A while back when I told her he was coming back on Sirius, she said, "God help me."

;D ;D ;D


She sure sounds like a hoot!

starrmtn001

Quote from: onan on December 06, 2013, 09:24:56 PM
I guess you didn't read the fine print. It is obligatory to make an ass out of oneself on a weekly basis here. And we keep track... you are behind schedule, pick it up man.

It's obligatory???  I didn't Know!  I can't even see the fine print let alone read it.  Am I behind too?  How much of an ass do I need to be, to catch up?  A lot?  Some?  On par?  Over doin' it?

Powered by SMFPacks Menu Editor Mod