• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The GabCast (A podcast about BellGab)

Started by onan, October 22, 2013, 06:30:19 PM

aldousburbank

Quote from: steelbot on December 23, 2013, 09:07:49 PM
lol - so ufoship is playing some old jerky boys and they got to the bit with the Very insecure guy lol this shit is so old but i hadn't heard it in such a long time - it's got me just rolling right now - I just need you to trow a good beating my way! lol
Little Mexican fuckers on the roof, heh.

steelbot

Quote from: aldousburbank on December 23, 2013, 09:08:58 PM
Little Mexican fuckers on the roof, heh.
Now saul wants to join the nudist camp and doesn't want to be dragged by motorboats - and will have sand basket rubbings on his ass from Jim....he said he'd do it!

-well I'm his mother and this is very surprising, you had sand rubbed on your nipples and asscrack

aldousburbank

Quote from: steelbot on December 23, 2013, 09:10:08 PM
Now saul wants to join the nudist camp and doesn't want to be dragged by motorboats - and will have sand basket rubbings on his ass from Jim....he said he'd do it!
I know, good stuff.  Man The Mrs is lucky to have found my classy ass somewhere in Mexico, poor girl.

steelbot

Quote from: aldousburbank on December 23, 2013, 09:11:38 PM
I know, good stuff.  Man The Mrs is lucky to have found my classy ass somewhere in Mexico, poor girl.
heh heh - Good stuff indeed!

jazmunda

If I transcribe the poem Aldous may I post it?

steelbot

Quote from: jazmunda on December 23, 2013, 09:40:55 PM
If you build it they will come!

aldousburbank

Quote from: jazmunda on December 23, 2013, 09:40:55 PM
I PMed JazTheMunda and told him like hell no, under no circumstances.  Unless he wants to.

eddie dean

Quote from: jazmunda on December 23, 2013, 08:33:13 PM
Aldous that poem was brilliant.

Can you please post it on the forum?

Thanks for listening guys.

Second!!! ;D
Thanks AldousBurbank! Always a pleasure to speak with a fellow desert rat/zoner.
I loved the bellgab christmas poem! I promise to pay attention next time! J/k  ;)
Great job Onan and Jazmunda.  It was fun!
Thanks to the callers, Yorkshire pud, stellbot, Treading Water, Falkie.
Thanks to Batemen for the cat lady/Maryann minute.
Merry Christmas!

area51drone

Any word when tonight's show will be posted?

jazmunda

Quote from: area51drone on December 23, 2013, 11:17:43 PM
Any word when tonight's show will be posted?

Most likely tomorrow if MV mans up from his boy flu.

aldousburbank

Quote from: jazmunda on December 23, 2013, 11:24:52 PM
Most likely tomorrow if MV mans up from his boy flu.
Hey, he gots to.  He's got a second gig as santy clause now.

Yorkshire pud

Was a great show chaps. I think at least one of you needs to just keep tabs on what is happening in the chat room though. I appreciate it's difficult when you're trying to keep the flow going.

I'd just add that when I eventually got through (first time) we were discussing the Anglo/ American differences in language/ spelling, but I lost the link before we could expand on it. After that, when Ed answered I was getting the most awful loud static kind of noise, until eventually I got on when Aldous was there too. I'd liked to have had more of a chat with you all, about bits and pieces, maybe next time.  Though the lack of visual interaction does make it difficult knowing who is talking to who, so I'm sorry if I interrupted anyone, I was just chipping in continuing what I was saying. I wasn't being deliberately rude. I think the wine I'd had didn't help either.  :-[

Was good to hear TW and her tale of self mutilation.

jazmunda

You were great YP. Thanks for your contribution and I look forward to speaking with you again. I wanted to ask you how you found the site because I thought that I read somewhere that you didn't find the site through Art Bell or Coast to Coast so I was interested how you made you way here.

I will attempt to keep a better track on the chat room but it is hard when you are trying to keep the flow going. As we get more comfortable with each other and the show I'm sure we will be able to look at the chat a bit more. This was only our third show sans the great MV who does it like a pro. And when I say pro I do mean prostitute. ;)

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 24, 2013, 03:13:52 AM

T'was ALIENS, I tell ya'!!  That's my story.  And I'm stickin' to it!!   :P

Had a great time...'til I lost my audio, my phone, AND my computer.  Don't know what happened.  Works this morning.
Must have been all that baking...  ;)

BobGrau

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 24, 2013, 03:13:52 AM
Was a great show chaps. I think at least one of you needs to just keep tabs on what is happening in the chat room though. I appreciate it's difficult when you're trying to keep the flow going.

I'd just add that when I eventually got through (first time) we were discussing the Anglo/ American differences in language/ spelling, but I lost the link before we could expand on it. After that, when Ed answered I was getting the most awful loud static kind of noise, until eventually I got on when Aldous was there too. I'd liked to have had more of a chat with you all, about bits and pieces, maybe next time.  Though the lack of visual interaction does make it difficult knowing who is talking to who, so I'm sorry if I interrupted anyone, I was just chipping in continuing what I was saying. I wasn't being deliberately rude. I think the wine I'd had didn't help either.  :-[

You have an perfect Voice For Radio, you should get your own weekly slot.

PS the Cairngorms are pretty much my back yard... I find rock climbing dull and terrifying but I'd be happy to meet you up on the plateau to compare hipflasks. Hint: mine's the one that looks like a bong.

REPRIZENTIN THE CAIRNGORM MASSIF, BROCKEN SPECTRE CRU

BobGrau

Quote from: BobGrau on December 24, 2013, 07:20:58 AM

BROCKEN SPECTRE CRU

I'll go ahead and upgrade this to "BROCKEN SPECTRE IN DA BOTHY"

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: BobGrau on December 24, 2013, 07:20:58 AM
You have an perfect Voice For Radio, you should get your own weekly slot.

PS the Cairngorms are pretty much my back yard... I find rock climbing dull and terrifying but I'd be happy to meet you up on the plateau to compare hipflasks. Hint: mine's the one that looks like a bong.

REPRIZENTIN THE CAIRNGORM MASSIF, BROCKEN SPECTRE CRU

Thank you Bob for the compliment, not sure anyone else would agree to the regular thing though!

Which brings me to;

Shit, I'm embarrassed. I adore Scotland; for me, the most beautiful place I've ever visited, and I've been many times. Skye I think is my favourite place, but there's so many others to go to that are breathtakingly beautiful....

But, I've never been rock climbing in any capacity. Certainly not with ropes, although I did do ice climbing when I was much much younger, and never in Scotland. I'm crap with heights for a start. I thought the 'ask Aldous' featurette was a light hearted ask anything no matter how relevant thing..We have a radio show here with an occasional 'Ask Elvis' impressionist, and people call/ email in and ask the most ridiculous questions, example might be. Elvis I'm driving to the south of Italy from the UK, can you recommend provisions I can take without the chance of getting food poisoning..
So that's what it was about, I didn't intend to upset anyone or mislead.  :-[

BobGrau

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 24, 2013, 07:36:53 AM
Thank you Bob for the compliment, not sure anyone else would agree to the regular thing though!

Which brings me to;

Shit, I'm embarrassed. I adore Scotland; for me, the most beautiful place I've ever visited, and I've been many times. Skye I think is my favourite place, but there's so many others to go to that are breathtakingly beautiful....

But, I've never been rock climbing in any capacity. Certainly not with ropes, although I did do ice climbing when I was much much younger, and never in Scotland. I'm crap with heights for a start. I thought the 'ask Aldous' featurette was a light hearted ask anything no matter how relevant thing..We have a radio show here with an occasional 'Ask Elvis' impressionist, and people call/ email in and ask the most ridiculous questions, example might be. Elvis I'm driving to the south of Italy from the UK, can you recommend provisions I can take without the chance of getting food poisoning..

>:( So I should just scrap this 'meet me on Macdui, Dooey' pun I've been building up to?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: BobGrau on December 24, 2013, 07:52:06 AM
>:( So I should just scrap this 'meet me on Macdui, Dooey' pun I've been building up to?

What about the Ptarmigan? Aviemore.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 24, 2013, 07:36:53 AM
What?  I thought that's what GabCast is all about?

BobGrau

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 24, 2013, 07:57:33 AM

What about the Ptarmigan? Aviemore.

It's nae quite the jewel in scotland's crown you might be thinking of, tbh:

[attachimg=1]

BobGrau

Quote from: aldousburbank on December 24, 2013, 08:14:54 AM
What?  I thought that's what GabCast is all about?

I think you may have been mislead on that... hope you're not upset.

aldousburbank

Quote from: BobGrau on December 24, 2013, 08:37:30 AM
I think you may have been mislead on that... hope you're not upset.
I am not.  Therefore, I am.  Not.  Can I have my admission money back?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: BobGrau on December 24, 2013, 08:35:37 AM
It's nae quite the jewel in scotland's crown you might be thinking of, tbh:

[attachimg=1]

The ski centre restaurant halfway up? Is that it? Jeeeze...I was last there in about 98, I had no idea..  :'(

In the second photo you can see a mountain that drops away to the right? I was outside the restaurant with a few other people and we heard this all mighty roar growing, and up out of the valley to the left of that mountain came an RAF Tornado G1 and rolled inverted to follow the contour of the mountain (about fifty feet above it), rolled out and then dropped into the valley at the right keeping the same altitude. It was very impressive.

BobGrau

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 24, 2013, 09:59:24 AM
The ski centre restaurant halfway up? Is that it? Jeeeze...I was last there in about 98, I had no idea..  :'(

:-[ I may have mislead you a little to emphasise my point that that ski area is generally pretty ugly. That's actually the weather station at the top of Cairn Gorm itself. My pose seems to suggest I'm disgusted, but I was actually noting the unexpected presence of a couple of butterflys.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 24, 2013, 09:59:24 AM

In the second photo you can see a mountain that drops away to the right? I was outside the restaurant with a few other people and we heard this all mighty roar growing, and up out of the valley to the left of that mountain came an RAF Tornado G1 and rolled inverted to follow the contour of the mountain (about fifty feet above it), rolled out and then dropped into the valley at the right keeping the same altitude. It was very impressive.

Yep they call the Lairig Ghru "star wars valley". Trust me, you haven't truly felt alive til you've felt a jet scream past below you.

BobGrau

...So I heard some dudes were doing some sort of podcast thingy, must check it out sometime.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: BobGrau on December 24, 2013, 11:51:03 AM
...So I heard some dudes were doing some sort of podcast thingy, must check it out sometime.

No; it's evil, un-sanitary and morally corrupt.