• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The GabCast (A podcast about BellGab)

Started by onan, October 22, 2013, 06:30:19 PM

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Tarbaby on December 26, 2013, 03:01:23 PM
BobGrau: That was cool! What WAS it? The voice sounded very familiar, like I should know it. The music - bold, avant garde. The background effects - nice touch. I'd like the voice a bit louder. But is that your production?

Yorkshire Pud: Great link! Really enjoyed it. Now mind you, I'm vision impaired so couldn't see it but I got a LOT out of his on-the-fly descriptions and the sounds. Sizzling skillet. Oh! 8 eggs!? That startled me. Must be like a crepe, a moist fluffy crepe? he said he didn't want it to get dry.

Similar ingredients; slightly thinner consistency when you mix it. As I said, there are several variations of the same thing, did you manage to open the link to the recipe, or just the YT video?

RE: Garlic, yes, IMO garlic goes with everything*. But real garlic, not the sprinkle-on. Unless it's all you have.

Oh yes, has to be fresh garlic! Slicing is easier! LOL

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: BobGrau on December 26, 2013, 03:30:18 PM
Not now I've got yorkie's manflu.

You've only got a touch of what I had..you'll recover soon enough. I had it bad, I can tell you..My head wa....(cont pp94)

eddie dean

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 24, 2013, 03:13:52 AM
Was a great show chaps. I think at least one of you needs to just keep tabs on what is happening in the chat room though. I appreciate it's difficult when you're trying to keep the flow going.

I'd just add that when I eventually got through (first time) we were discussing the Anglo/ American differences in language/ spelling, but I lost the link before we could expand on it. After that, when Ed answered I was getting the most awful loud static kind of noise, until eventually I got on when Aldous was there too. I'd liked to have had more of a chat with you all, about bits and pieces, maybe next time.  Though the lack of visual interaction does make it difficult knowing who is talking to who, so I'm sorry if I interrupted anyone, I was just chipping in continuing what I was saying. I wasn't being deliberately rude. I think the wine I'd had didn't help either.  :-[

Was good to hear TW and her tale of self mutilation.

We didn't hear the static on our end, your call faded a bit, then ended. I'm glad you got through. ;D
I hope you can stay up late and call in again. We covered "boots" and" foot paths". Next time, I have some questions about "rubbers" and "knocking people up"!

jazmunda

Quote from: eddie dean on December 26, 2013, 04:12:38 PM
We didn't hear the static on our end, your call faded a bit, then ended. I'm glad you got through. ;D
I hope you can stay up late and call in again. We covered "boots" and" foot paths". Next time, I have some questions about "rubbers" and "knocking people up"!

Rubbers are Dingers and Knocked Up is Up the Duff.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: jazmunda on December 26, 2013, 04:15:03 PM
Rubbers are Dingers and Knocked Up is Up the Duff.

Dingers are Jonnies and up the duff is erm; up the duff. Simple innit?

Chine

Listened to the last GabCast the other night. I had wild
apocalyptic, natural disaster and such dreams. I was in LA...power out, earthquakes, all kinds of wild shit as you guys addressed.

That is all. Great show guys!

Ps Jazmunda, btw..it was me who tweeted #blamejazmunda during Free Art hysteria. heh heh

Pss Yorkshire has THE BEST voice. Could have listened to him all night.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: eddie dean on December 26, 2013, 04:12:38 PM

It wasn't static as such, but the sound was like static but courser, deeper toned and louder. It was probably something to do with my sound card. Frustrating because I couldn't do anything about it.

...and why we say aluminium, and you say aluminum.. and how I use decimal and imperial measurements, and you don't (as a rule)...and why your US gallon would be about $8.50 if you payed what we do for petrol (gas).

jazmunda

Quote from: Chine on December 26, 2013, 04:20:32 PM
apocalyptic, natural disaster and such dreams. I was in LA...power out, earthquakes, all kinds of wild shit as you guys addressed.

That is all. Great show guys!

Ps Jazmunda, btw..it was me who tweeted #blamejazmunda during Free Art hysteria. heh heh

I will send you the bill for the damage to my house. :P

Thanks I'm glad you enjoyed the show. Listen often. ;)

jazmunda

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 26, 2013, 04:21:03 PM
...and why we say aluminium, and you say aluminum.. and how I use decimal and imperial measurements, and you don't (as a rule)...and why your US gallon would be about $8.50 if you payed what we do for petrol (gas).

Also it's herbs not erbs.

Stupid Americans. :P

Chine

It's funny and interesting if you hashtag #bellgab with #artbell

jazmunda

Quote from: Chine on December 26, 2013, 04:30:19 PM
It's funny and interesting if you hashtag #bellgab with #artbell

Haha

Well before Art returned I used to search for Art Bell on twitter to see if people were talking about him and the majority of the tweets were of kids in school in Art class waiting for the Bell or waiting for Art class to finish so they could go to Taco Bell.

MV/Liberace!

almost finished listening to the latest gabcast episode.  the YP sounds exactly as i'd imagined and hoped he would.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: MV on December 26, 2013, 04:54:26 PM
almost finished listening to the latest gabcast episode.  the YP sounds exactly as i'd imagined and hoped he would.
...a few glasses of red too many?

BobGrau

Americans simply practice A Different Kind of stupid.

Chine

Quote from: aldousburbank on December 26, 2013, 04:56:15 PM
Yeh? And what of it?

Aldous...What was going on with the sirens in the background before you hung up?!

Chine

Quote from: jazmunda on December 26, 2013, 04:44:04 PM
Haha

Well before Art returned I used to search for Art Bell on twitter to see if people were talking about him and the majority of the tweets were of kids in school in Art class waiting for the Bell or waiting for Art class to finish so they could go to Taco Bell.

Ha. Now I want Taco Bell.

Creative hashtag experimentation is fun.

I have only used them for work as it's great for networking.

Quote from: Chine on December 26, 2013, 04:20:32 PM
apocalyptic, natural disaster and such dreams.

That's funny, I just woke up from a very strange dream and now realized I listened to the gabCast yesterday...

eddie dean

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 26, 2013, 04:16:32 PM
Dingers are Jonnies and up the duff is erm; up the duff. Simple innit?

Amazing! I speak English and I have no idea what you guys just said. It  sounds dirty, so I like it!

I'm off chaps.
I am going to get some " bangers & mash" ( bubble & squeak) :P

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: eddie dean on December 26, 2013, 05:48:15 PM
Amazing! I speak English and I have no idea what you guys just said. It  sounds dirty, so I like it!

I'm off chaps.
I am going to get some " bangers & mash" ( bubble & squeak) :P

Bangers and mash isn't bubble and squeak. It just isn't..

Stupid Americans.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Agent : Orange on December 26, 2013, 05:24:36 PM
That's funny, I just woke up from a very strange dream and now realized I listened to the gabCast yesterday...

Stop doing that, it will make you go blind.

eddie dean

Quote from: jazmunda on December 26, 2013, 04:28:01 PM
Also it's herbs not erbs.

Stupid Americans. :P

Jaz is having a right barney with himself.  ;)

eddie dean

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 26, 2013, 05:50:34 PM

Stupid Americans.

You limey bastard!

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: eddie dean on December 26, 2013, 06:04:17 PM
Jaz is having a right barney with himself.  ;)

Oh! I say! Spoken like a local.

(In Oz twang)

"Jiz (ahem) eez h'vin eye roight baaahnee with 'imsaylf"

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 26, 2013, 05:50:34 PM

Stupid Americans.

I'll just leave this here... Can we cover this next time?

BobGrau

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 26, 2013, 06:11:22 PM

Oh! I say! Spoken like a local.

(In Oz twang)

"Jiz (ahem) eez h'vin eye roight baaahnee with 'imsaylf"

Ozzies have the best verbal flourishes. "Quicker than a lizard drinkin" springs immediately to mind.