• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Dave Schrader

Started by NowhereInTime, March 16, 2013, 06:20:57 PM

K_Dubb

Quote from: zeebo on May 09, 2016, 12:40:48 AM
Feels like they've added even more commercials to c2c.   :-\

Disgusting ones, too.  I do not care to ponder upon my colon, or colons in general, after 10PM.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Juan Cena on May 09, 2016, 12:28:34 AM

King Arthur stuff interesting. Avoiding a lot of the pseudo-history schlock .

Atlantis in the Carribran next hour. Wonder if the Atlanteans end up being Caucasians.

They were obviously Solutreans.  One wonders why Plato failed to mention their clever way with flint knapping among their other marvels.

Quote from: TigerLily on May 08, 2016, 11:38:28 PM
FYI Schraderistas. There's a shiny new thread for Darkness Radio weeknight show over on Talk Radio/Podcasts

Darkness Radio aka Darkness On The Edge Of Town with Dave Schrader & Tim Dennis
« on: Yesterday at 04:27:01 AM »
It is far past time to put up a thread for good Dave's regular show.  I will try to get show info up on a regular basis.  Let us have a discussion about it.

Show is on Monday-Friday between 9 PM and 12 AM  CDT.

Link to Listen:

http://www.iheart.com/live/news-talk-am-1130-1213/?autoplay=true&pname=3359&campid=play_bar&cid=index.html

Muchos Gracias, TigerLily!  :D ;)

Taco Bell

Use carnivora or your legs will fall off.

Intriguing show tonight.  I knew that there had to be a basis in reality for King Arthur.  I had no idea that there would be so much truth to the old legends though.

Listening to the show away from the computer but thought I'd say hi for a sec.

The Atlantis stuff should be just as fascinating.

zeebo

Enjoying both guests tonite.  For some reason ancient history always sounds better with a British accent.

Quote from: zeebo on May 09, 2016, 01:21:57 AM
Enjoying both guests tonite.  For some reason ancient history always sounds better with a British accent.

Indeed.

Taco Bell

Look back on Dave's site, programs like this on the local show too. Dave is great. Will tune in just for him on the weekends, will be a regular listener to show from across the Mississippi too.

Hello from Wisconsin, Dave!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nvzEqsZIGo

Juan Cena

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 09, 2016, 01:05:58 AM
They were obviously Solutreans.  One wonders why Plato failed to mention their clever way with flint knapping among their other marvels.

So, Caucasian then.

Dude is racist, then.

Nebraska888

Ha!  Absolutely! 

Juan Cena

Especially when it's basically saying non-European civilizations are inferior because they are by-products of an older, ancient super-civilization only discussed in the works of the whitest of white philosophers, Plato.

CornyCrow

Quote from: Juan Cena on May 09, 2016, 02:59:18 AM

Especially when it's basically saying non-European civilizations are inferior because they are by-products of an older, ancient super-civilization only discussed in the works of the whitest of white philosophers, Plato.
Ideas should sink or swim by their own merit, no matter what the race.  You seem to be the only one who is joining races with inferiority and it gets boring and predictable.   

zeebo

Quote from: Juan Cena on May 09, 2016, 02:59:18 AM

I didn't pick up on that last nite.  You seem to have picked up on it even before the show started. 

Btw I would have thought the whitest of white philosophers would have come from say Scandinavia, like maybe Kierkegaard.

albrecht

Quote from: Étouffée on May 08, 2016, 01:20:05 AM
The guest earlier referred to "drinking a couple of Hand Grenades on Bourbon Street".  Here's what one looks like.  They will knock you out, even if the Vampires and Haints don't!
Yeah, the "paranormal" phenomena that people can experience "lost time" and "waking up the next morning and not knowing what happened" in an area known for drive-thru daiquiri stores, Hurricanes, Hand Grenades, "Big Ass Beers," shots, and "to go" cups for your mixed cocktail. Classic.
Love the guest though.

albrecht

Quote from: zeebo on May 09, 2016, 11:31:12 AM
I didn't pick up on that last nite.  You seem to have picked up on it even before the show started. 

Btw I would have thought the whitest of white philosophers would have come from say Scandinavia, like maybe Kierkegaard.
Or Emanuel Swedenborg# or Johann Gottlieb Fichte*.

# Scientist, philosopher, Christian mystic, and "end times" predictor.
* Mason and involved in some of the controversial reforms of Free Masonry

Morgus

Longtime caller Will in Wisconsin got on yet again last nite to again bring up some Finnish angle...

ShayP

Quote from: Morgus on May 10, 2016, 12:39:07 AM
Longtime caller Will in Wisconsin got on yet again last nite to again bring up some Finnish angle...

He seems to pop up everywhere.  I feel like I've heard him 4 or 5 times since the summer.

Morgus

Quote from: ShayP on May 10, 2016, 12:46:51 AM
He seems to pop up everywhere.  I feel like I've heard him 4 or 5 times since the summer.
I can remember Will callling in to shows going back 20 years ago, the same stuff too...

albrecht

Quote from: Morgus on May 10, 2016, 12:39:07 AM
It is amazing. I was glad to hear him. Such dedication to his pet theory. And one that is more elaborate and unique, and "less crazy" than most of the usual frequent callers. I'm not sure why call screeners or hosts don't instantly recognize "here we go Finno-Urghic theory guy" because I do as soon as I first hear his accent.

zeebo

Quote from: albrecht on May 10, 2016, 06:58:54 AM
...I'm not sure why call screeners or hosts don't instantly recognize "here we go Finno-Urghic theory guy" ...

They might think there's more than one.   ;)

albrecht

Quote from: zeebo on May 10, 2016, 02:25:43 PM
They might think there's more than one.   ;)
Ha, he mentioned that he is in his 80's. I hope there is a young generation to carry on the fight for the Finno-Urghic theory once he passes on to Tuonela, hopefully not soon.

I really enjoyed "Dark Waters." Some good stories and seemed like a nice, fun guy. I'm still laughing about the "paranormal phenomena of missing time" that is associated with the French Quarter. It is true. I've experienced it several times but it is not just specific to that area, I can say from experience in my younger years. Places like Oktoberfest/Weisn in Munich, 6th Street in Austin, Vegas, Padre and Old Mexico during Spring Break, and even mundane places like Frat Houses, and even college dorms, etc. They must be "portals."

Faustina

I loved the part of the show about King Arthur on Sunday.  Great to hear more hope that valid evidence may be out there that will prove King Arthur existed, and even further that some of the legends that surrounded him were inspired by fact. 

On a related note, I was stoked to discover that both 'The Crystal Cave' and 'The Hollow Hills' (by Mary Stewart) have made it onto Amazon as eBooks and are currently on sale for $4.89.  I downloaded them and will be re-reading them again soon.   Probably the best two books written about Merlin and how he helped Arthur become King of Britain (*if* of course that really happened; if it didn't, it's a glorious legend).

zeebo

Quote from: albrecht on May 10, 2016, 04:31:17 PM
...I'm still laughing about the "paranormal phenomena of missing time" that is associated with the French Quarter. It is true. I've experienced it several times but it is not just specific to that area, I can say from experience in my younger years. Places like Oktoberfest/Weisn in Munich, 6th Street in Austin, Vegas, Padre and Old Mexico during Spring Break, and even mundane places like Frat Houses, and even college dorms, etc. They must be "portals."

Such a portal opened up for me years ago at a free open-bar Chivas event, where you could have anything as long as it was scotch.  I've since steered clear of such paranormal vortexes.

starrmtn001

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 09, 2016, 12:54:50 AM
Disgusting ones, too.  I do not care to ponder upon my colon, or colons in general, after 10PM.
What about semicolons? ::)

;

cweb

Caught up on some Schrader today. The Arthur/Atlantis show was great. I also liked the show with Dark Waters. Fun guest with a ton of cool stories. Hope he's back again.

zeebo

Quote from: cweb on May 14, 2016, 08:38:07 PM
Caught up on some Schrader today. The Arthur/Atlantis show was great. I also liked the show with Dark Waters. Fun guest with a ton of cool stories. Hope he's back again.

It was a good back-to-back Schrader set.

Nebraska888

Quote from: zeebo on May 14, 2016, 10:36:15 PM
It was a good back-to-back Schrader set.

Absolutely.

weeberwubber

The back to back good Dave episodes seem to have been scrubbed from Youtube. Meh.

weeberwubber

Kinda funny how they left up the prior days bad Dave episodes tho haha. Wasted effort if nobody wants to click.

Listening to the Dark Waters show. I like him, good storyteller and a fun interview. Dogman was the best. "Oh, I can't believe I'm being eaten by a dogman."

I too have personally experienced chunks of missing time after an evening at the old Flanagan's in Manhattan. Must be portals.