• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Dave Schrader

Started by NowhereInTime, March 16, 2013, 06:20:57 PM

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on August 07, 2016, 04:09:41 PM
The woman whose son was kidnapped started to lose credibility for me as the show went on.  I'm not implying her son wasn't kidnapped, or that she was involved in any way in his disappearance, but she came across as a self promoter who made the whole sordid tale about her, not her son.  It just seemed she happened to come up with leads, tips, and informant information over the years at an appropriate time to keep the story in the news and herself in the limelight.  It also seemed she released these leads/tips/information just too late to be acted on.  This led her to espouse, with a few exceptions, everyone in her story was either crooked, incompetent, disinterested, or out to discredit/sabotage her; including her now ex-husband.  I tend to be skeptical about the "I'm the only one who knows what's really going on" types. 

She really lost me late in the interview when she almost casually mentioned her son had actually visited her one night several years after his disappearance, but then walked away into the night.  If that had been my kid, I'd have cold cocked or pepper sprayed him to keep him there if need be.  And then she kept this visit secret until she was on a witness stand in another case, telling the story only after being ordered to do so by a judge?  I have a tough time believing that part of the story.  In fact, after listening to her for the better part of four hours, I can honestly understand why local/state/federal law enforcement had misgivings about working with her.
I have not listened to the show, yet. I have a weird interest in the case (and others like it) because of some of the wilder, but some proven true, theories or lack of investigations when it hits politicians, the uber rich, and royalty and, like in Belgium, some low-level participants gets convicted but the leads to the powerful aren't followed up in totality.

ps: was the involvement of Gunderson, RIP, and Art's lawsuit against WWCR and Ted and Hinkson mentioned?

Uncle Duke

Quote from: albrecht on August 07, 2016, 04:58:14 PM
I have not listened to the show, yet. I have a weird interest in the case (and others like it) because of some of the wilder, but some proven true, theories or lack of investigations when it hits politicians, the uber rich, and royalty and, like in Belgium, some low-level participants gets convicted but the leads to the powerful aren't followed up in totality.

ps: was the involvement of Gunderson, RIP, and Art's lawsuit against WWCR and Ted and Hinkson mentioned?

I don't recall any discussion of those points, but I listened to the second hour a bit distracted.

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on August 07, 2016, 08:01:49 PM
I don't recall any discussion of those points, but I listened to the second hour a bit distracted.
Thks, I'll give it a listen sometime this week. Surprised that no caller, or even guest or host, would've mentioned because, tangentially, it could discredit Gunderson (even though as I recall he didn't make the defamatory statements but his guest did.) I have questions about this specific case but I think things in the Catholic Church, BBC/Politicians, Trudoux, and so many others that this kind of thing happens- the extent and causes are questionable though (just a bunch of perverts who get together and like other crimes often covered-up since someone is famous or rich vs the more over-arching conspiracy involving government, CIA, political blackmail, or experiments is harder to believe. But then again?)

Dr Who

After listening to the show the only thing I can say is that it must be awful to lose a child and I can only hope that this woman gets some closure before she dies.

trostol

did Dave ever make that visit to that one lady with the bigfoot problem or what ever it was

albrecht

Quote from: trostol on August 08, 2016, 05:43:50 PM
did Dave ever make that visit to that one lady with the bigfoot problem or what ever it was
I think he mentioned on a show that the property was sold or something? So, surprise, surprise, no visit and investigations.

Re: Johnny Gosch, I can't imagine how the mother can be so strong and calm (they say the female is the stronger and more pain-tolerance in many species) not only to have her son kidnapped but then also to put up with the LEO ignorance and dismisalls and then the harassment, hangers-on possibly trying to make money off the theories, and then the conspiracy crowd (as well as legit people and some LEOs and former LEOs) imagining, or in some cases claiming knowledge of, basically, the worst possible outcome scenarios (sadistic, pedo gangs, torture, snuff films, brain-washing, forced to commit crimes, etc.) And to be able to do an interview. Amazing, regardless of the outcome or truth of whatever happened. I sure hope there is some final closure for the missing boy(s) (and the girls) and that it isn't the nightmare scenario but, if so, those people are exposed en masse and punished accordingly.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: albrecht on August 08, 2016, 05:54:10 PM
I think he mentioned on a show that the property was sold or something? So, surprise, surprise, no visit and investigations.

Re: Johnny Gosch, I can't imagine how the mother can be so strong and calm (they say the female is the stronger and more pain-tolerance in many species) not only to have her son kidnapped but then also to put up with the LEO ignorance and dismisalls and then the harassment, hangers-on possibly trying to make money off the theories, and then the conspiracy crowd (as well as legit people and some LEOs and former LEOs) imagining, or in some cases claiming knowledge of, basically, the worst possible outcome scenarios (sadistic, pedo gangs, torture, snuff films, brain-washing, forced to commit crimes, etc.) And to be able to do an interview. Amazing, regardless of the outcome or truth of whatever happened. I sure hope there is some final closure for the missing boy(s) (and the girls) and that it isn't the nightmare scenario but, if so, those people are exposed en masse and punished accordingly.

Curious about your take on her son allegedly visiting her for a few hours several years after his disappearance? Do you believe her? What fascinated me was the non-answer she gave to the question Schrader asked her about why he left again.  She gave a generic answer about kids in that situation fearing for the lives of family and friends, but didn't address Johnny specifically.  I suppose she might believe giving that information publicly might put him at risk with whoever controls him, but I'd think just acknowledging he visited her would do the same. 

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on August 08, 2016, 07:02:28 PM
Curious about your take on her son allegedly visiting her for a few hours several years after his disappearance? Do you believe her? What fascinated me was the non-answer she gave to the question Schrader asked her about why he left again.  She gave a generic answer about kids in that situation fearing for the lives of family and friends, but didn't address Johnny specifically.  I suppose she might believe giving that information publicly might put him at risk with whoever controls him, but I'd think just acknowledging he visited her would do the same.
I've always been a bit suspicious of the visit. Over the years I've wondered if, due to hope and initial maltreatment by the local LEOs, that she got "suckered" in by the more conspiracy or even profiteering types. I also am suspect of Paul Bonacci to some extent (interestingly, "Uncle," it wasn't covered in the program, but there also is a Hunter Thompson connection, supposedly, according to some statements/theory about "snuff films." (Some say his death was a part of the conspiracy.)

1) Unfortunately I don't think there is any depravity or crime that people won't commit (for their own sickness or for profit.) But certain things alleged would not be the mainline organized crime because of the sickness and the potential criminal costs (I would think) so more focused on that "niche" crime. In places where lives are more cheap or the countries more corrupt human and child trafficking is bigger and clearly it exists- but, I think, mostly they would use "cheap" humans versus kidnapping from US streets (simple cost/benefit equation for the sickos.)

2) Satanists? Large organized outfits? CIA "government"? Asian and Arab sex slavery auctions, etc? Maybe in some rarer cases but I think a more likely theory is that the sickos use the threat of such 'large groups' or odd rituals etc in abuse for more to frighten the victims ("we are bigger than you and operatives everywhere" etc "we can get your family, your friends, can track you down everywhere, have people in LEOs, churches, schools, etc so good luck if you run for help" etc.) AND when a victim does go public the "Satanic" or "government" angle will make the police/public say "crazy person" "on drugs (which they likely will have been anyway) and so on. The story seems so insane, inhumane, or Hollywood horror movie that people, at least initially, won't believe.

3) Back then most couldn't/wouldn't believe any kind of major/organized stuff could exist but if you look at the various scandals in the UK, Belgium, Catholic Church, the creeps who have held girls for years in basements etc, and internet there have been proven 'rings' (not large worldwide but substantial) and the cover-ups not due to direct involvement or support for but for political/financial reasons.

4) It is clearly possible for Jonny to show-up or leave and go back with whomever. Though that part of the story is the most suspicious, to me. But human psychology has about every variety and their are countless examples of beaten wives or prostitutes defending their brutal pimp or husband, molested children who become molesters or procurers, 'normal' people who end up participating in war crimes, and things like gangs, etc forcing people to commit crimes to 'join' and then use that over them for continuing. Even girls/women 'accepting' gangrape to join some gang, etc. And throw in the age of the abducted, torture, drugs, etc? Even just cults or, these days, the terrorists and how they can almost 'brainwash' a person.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: albrecht on August 08, 2016, 09:17:37 PM
I've always been a bit suspicious of the visit. Over the years I've wondered if, due to hope and initial maltreatment by the local LEOs, that she got "suckered" in by the more conspiracy or even profiteering types. I also am suspect of Paul Bonacci to some extent (interestingly, "Uncle," it wasn't covered in the program, but there also is a Hunter Thompson connection, supposedly, according to some statements/theory about "snuff films." (Some say his death was a part of the conspiracy.)

1) Unfortunately I don't think there is any depravity or crime that people won't commit (for their own sickness or for profit.) But certain things alleged would not be the mainline organized crime because of the sickness and the potential criminal costs (I would think) so more focused on that "niche" crime. In places where lives are more cheap or the countries more corrupt human and child trafficking is bigger and clearly it exists- but, I think, mostly they would use "cheap" humans versus kidnapping from US streets (simple cost/benefit equation for the sickos.)

2) Satanists? Large organized outfits? CIA "government"? Asian and Arab sex slavery auctions, etc? Maybe in some rarer cases but I think a more likely theory is that the sickos use the threat of such 'large groups' or odd rituals etc in abuse for more to frighten the victims ("we are bigger than you and operatives everywhere" etc "we can get your family, your friends, can track you down everywhere, have people in LEOs, churches, schools, etc so good luck if you run for help" etc.) AND when a victim does go public the "Satanic" or "government" angle will make the police/public say "crazy person" "on drugs (which they likely will have been anyway) and so on. The story seems so insane, inhumane, or Hollywood horror movie that people, at least initially, won't believe.

3) Back then most couldn't/wouldn't believe any kind of major/organized stuff could exist but if you look at the various scandals in the UK, Belgium, Catholic Church, the creeps who have held girls for years in basements etc, and internet there have been proven 'rings' (not large worldwide but substantial) and the cover-ups not due to direct involvement or support for but for political/financial reasons.

4) It is clearly possible for Jonny to show-up or leave and go back with whomever. Though that part of the story is the most suspicious, to me. But human psychology has about every variety and their are countless examples of beaten wives or prostitutes defending their brutal pimp or husband, molested children who become molesters or procurers, 'normal' people who end up participating in war crimes, and things like gangs, etc forcing people to commit crimes to 'join' and then use that over them for continuing. Even girls/women 'accepting' gangrape to join some gang, etc. And throw in the age of the abducted, torture, drugs, etc? Even just cults or, these days, the terrorists and how they can almost 'brainwash' a person.

Don't disagree with anything you have said.  It all comes down to how credible one finds this woman.  As I said before, she came across to me as making this whole tragic situation about her, not her son.  Maybe that's what keeps her going, a coping mechanism.  In any event, like you I hope she and the countless other parents who've lost children under similar circumstances are eventually able to get closure and ultimately be at peace.

CornyCrow

Quote from: Uncle Duke on August 09, 2016, 07:03:59 AM
Don't disagree with anything you have said.  It all comes down to how credible one finds this woman.  As I said before, she came across to me as making this whole tragic situation about her, not her son.  Maybe that's what keeps her going, a coping mechanism.  In any event, like you I hope she and the countless other parents who've lost children under similar circumstances are eventually able to get closure and ultimately be at peace.
She sounded like an amazingly tough minded and logical woman, to me, and able to put her emotions aside to deal with things logically.  I think she's gutsy and did much more than a lot of moms would have.  I'll bet she's well educated and had a responsible job somewhere.
Sure, it's about her.  The entire story, almost, concerns her struggle with the powers that be and how they dragged feet in addressing this horrible issue.  To get something done in these cases it often takes an out of the ordinary personality.

I was thinking about the son's visit.  I am wondering whether he was just too old and drifting with the friend, or if perhaps he had been in that position that she mentioned, of having to commit a felony that they hold over his head if he tells on them.  That could be the reason for his not being able to live with her, with all the inquiries that that would cause - and why he told her not to mention the visit to anyone.  Another possibility is that the 'friend' had a gun and said he'd kill the mom and son if he told, that the 'friend' was put there to monitor the conversation.   

henge0stone

Dave is pretty good, right after Art's somewhere in time show I end up getting hooked. How police get false confessions is on right now sounds pretty interesting!

zeebo

Uncle Duke

While I thought the medical doctor guest who talked about surviving a mass shooting scenario did a credible job, I would have preferred the topic be discussed by a tactically trained member of law enforcement or the military.  Admittedly many of the questions put to the guest by Dave and callers are situational in matter and difficult to answer with an across the board response, but I thought his lack of tactical background was very apparent. 

trostol

Dave on sunday but not a fan of his first hour guest..Bill Meltzer

Billy the Kid mentioned tonight on Coast with Schraeder.  I found this odd picture of the Kid playing croquet of all things.  It struck me funny so I thought I'd share it.

CornyCrow

Schrader was more interesting than his guest last night.

starrmtn001

Dave is hosting c2c tonight.  YEAH!

Psychic Ramifications of 9/11

Date:   Sunday - September 11, 2016
Host:   Dave Schrader
Guests:   Mark Anthony, Brad Meltzer

Mark Anthony the "Psychic Lawyer," a medium who specializes in communication with spirits, joins Dave Schrader (email) to discuss the psychic ramifications of 9/11 on the world and on those who survived.

In the first hour, author Brad Meltzer from Lost History TV will talk about the unveiling the flag at the 9/11 Memorial and Museum in New York City, where it will be on display for the world to see, along with his new History Channel special, "America's 9/11 Flag: Rise from the Ashes." Open Lines will follow.

trostol

Quote from: starrmtn001 on September 11, 2016, 06:57:12 PM

Mark Anthony the "Psychic Lawyer," a medium who specializes in communication with spirits, joins Dave Schrader (email) to discuss the psychic ramifications of 9/11 on the world and on those who survived.

In the first hour, author Brad Meltzer from Lost History TV will talk about the unveiling the flag at the 9/11 Memorial and Museum in New York City, where it will be on display for the world to see, along with his new History Channel special, "America's 9/11 Flag: Rise from the Ashes." Open Lines will follow.

wonder if thats the flag Meltzer said was stolen

starrmtn001

Quote from: trostol on September 11, 2016, 06:59:18 PM
wonder if thats the flag Meltzer said was stolen
Call in and ask. ;) ;D

Quote from: starrmtn001 on September 11, 2016, 06:57:12 PM

Oh please, not Mark Anthony.  I can't stand that guy.  Guess I'll skip.

starrmtn001

Quote from: 21st Century Man on September 11, 2016, 09:26:08 PM
0 for 2.

Good thing I don't play baseball, lol.

Taco Bell

Will have to go back and listen to that one.

Zetaspeak

I thought the weekend topics went pretty well. Especially liked the Saturday night show.

Quote from: 21st Century Man on September 11, 2016, 09:26:08 PM

Anthony and Who are in consistent rotation on Darkness Radio.

albrecht

Quote from: Zetaspeak on September 12, 2016, 03:27:34 PM
I thought the weekend topics went pretty well. Especially liked the Saturday night show.
It was ok, you could tell Schrader holding back and biting his tongue on some of the callers with their alternative 911 conspiracy theories.

Butch Patrick aka Eddie Munster on Darkness Radio now.

zeebo

Dave's on tonite and tomorrow on C2C.  Glad to hear he's doing something besides hauntings for a change.  Tonite is cryptid beasts and tomorrow is time travel.   :)