• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art, Design, Photography

Started by coaster, June 23, 2012, 08:07:07 PM

Quote from: Chine on October 23, 2013, 05:54:39 PM
Here's a hummingbird painting of mine and a quick painting of The Joker.

I want that bird on a coffee mug, and the joker on a t-shirt please, thank you  ;D

lonevoice

Quote from: guildnavigator on October 21, 2013, 07:50:43 PM
Does this count as art? I played this demo for a company that makes big ole hollowbodies earlier this year.
If the talent and skill to create music isn't art, then nothing is.  Thanks for sharing this, would love to hear more.

Chine

Quote from: guildnavigator on October 23, 2013, 06:49:36 PM
I want that bird on a coffee mug, and the joker on a t-shirt please, thank you  ;D

Ha! Hey, some of my art and logos of mine have been printed on tshirts, umbrellas, coffee mugs! I bet if I had the Joker on tshirts, I'd be tapping into a huge market. I was asked to have a booth at a Comic Con, Ninja show. I almost considered, but didn't have time to get enough product together. I have lots of Asian art, geishas, samurai, ninja art. If I ever do get Joker in a t, I'll let you know! :)

Chine

Quote from: guildnavigator on October 21, 2013, 07:50:43 PM
Does this count as art? I played this demo for a company that makes big ole hollowbodies earlier this year.

http://youtu.be/Hq5L8BUtij0

I was sort of dragging behind because the strings were high as a kite and so was I. But hey.

Yes, indeed it is an art. Very nice!

Quote from: Chine on October 23, 2013, 07:59:10 PM
Ha! Hey, some of my art and logos of mine have been printed on tshirts, umbrellas, coffee mugs! I bet if I had the Joker on tshirts, I'd be tapping into a huge market. I was asked to have a booth at a Comic Con, Ninja show. I almost considered, but didn't have time to get enough product together. I have lots of Asian art, geishas, samurai, ninja art. If I ever do get Joker in a t, I'll let you know! :)

How awesome would it be to have a series of japanese-influnced DC universe characters, like a samurai batman or a joker with ancient spirits of evil swirling around him. I think that that would be really cool.

Lets get some samurais up in this piece. Got any lying around?

steelbot

Quote from: Agent : Orange on October 23, 2013, 09:36:24 PM
Lets get some samurais up in this piece. Got any lying around?
I have 2 in storage, from japan....but probably made in china and dull....

Chine

Quote from: HorrorRetro on October 24, 2013, 01:43:32 PM
Ghost train:

Wonderful. The photo with the doll on the tracks is hainting and powerful. There's a story there. I have a photograph to share with you similar to this. If I find it, I'll post it.

coaster

Here are two older ones. I am not sure if I had posted them before. I'm not really that impressed with the last one, but I made it 12 years ago. It was more "practice" than anything else.

aldousburbank

Store window, Bisbee, Arizona.
[attachimg=1]

Quote from: coaster on October 26, 2013, 09:08:11 AM
Here are two older ones. I am not sure if I had posted them before. I'm not really that impressed with the last one, but I made it 12 years ago. It was more "practice" than anything else.
Wow these are both nuts, your "practice" is better than when I'm giving it :)

Finally got myself a photobucket.

A hatch opens on the underside

Metaaaaaaaaaal

Shazam!!

And a samurai for good measure :)

Chine

Both done with chinese ink and bamboo brush.

Quote from: Chine on October 28, 2013, 05:19:59 PM
Both done with chinese ink and bamboo brush.
Awesome!

HorrorRetro

Out walking the dogs early this morning with my camera.

Chine

Quote from: HorrorRetro on November 06, 2013, 09:21:15 AM

Beautiful.

Chine

Agent Orange, your work is gorgeous. :)

Quote from: HorrorRetro on November 06, 2013, 09:21:15 AM

Gina, your stuff is sooooo wonderful.  I just get lost in this one.  Makes me feel so sad, yet hopeful.   :)

HorrorRetro

Quote from: Treading Water on November 08, 2013, 06:07:36 AM
Gina, your stuff is sooooo wonderful.  I just get lost in this one.  Makes me feel so sad, yet hopeful.   :)

Thank you!  I'm still at my daughter's house out in the Virginia countryside.  I'm taking some shots of things I find on her property and plan to get a few printed and framed for her.  There is an old, abandoned dry goods country store just a hundred yards away from her house.  Lots of cool old items laying around the property here.  I took this shot a few days ago.  I think I'll print it along with the horseshoe shot.

Chine

First one is the logo my father designed for the Cleveland Cavaliers (1970-1983). Second one, my painting for logo design for MGM Grand Las Vegas for the diversity program. While I was working at Cirque du Soleil KA, was approached to help create it. We won a Bronze Quill award for it.

Chine

Dreary day. Had to go to the art store and buy some pastel paper. Got a free sketchbook, which was nice. Proud of myself for leaving there with only what I came to purchase, rather than going crazy like a kid in a candy store.

Random Thought: I've spent loads on quality product (paints, brushes, etc). Yet, one time I bought a pack of cheap brushes at Home Depot. They are my favorite brushes. So odd as they were just meant as toss aways.

I just asked MV to change the title of this thread to Visual Arts or something like that. That way it's not confusing...with Art (Bell) related threads.

I inked a Peter Laird pencil sketch and colored it on my tablet. Back then they all wore red! :)

This is the only one I've posted that I did with pencil, a marker and colored in pencil crayon. All of the others are digital.

And a grey for good measure! :)

basswood

Quote from: Agent : Orange on November 13, 2013, 06:06:01 PM
I inked a Peter Laird pencil sketch and colored it on my tablet. Back then they all wore red! :)

This is the only one I've posted that I did with pencil, a marker and colored in pencil crayon. All of the others are digital.

And a grey for good measure! :)

Those are fantastic, Agent. You have a great grasp of color, something that most people overlook. Well done.

Quote from: basswood on November 13, 2013, 06:07:38 PM
Those are fantastic, Agent. You have a great grasp of color, something that most people overlook. Well done.

Hey thanks! I don't get as many chances to draw nowadays because of other responsibilities, but since I got a tablet with a stylus I've been trying to make more time for it.

Chine

Quote from: Agent : Orange on November 13, 2013, 06:56:59 PM
Hey thanks! I don't get as many chances to draw nowadays because of other responsibilities, but since I got a tablet with a stylus I've been trying to make more time for it.

I have one of those Bamboo slates for digital art but just can't get into it. I prefer paint in my hair, on my jeans and on the dog while smell of turpentine roams in the air. Ha. Sculpting too. Messy as hell. Little pieces/parts of clay everywhere. I fucking love it. Hey...what brand markers and crayon pencils aee you using? The pigment is wonderfully vibrant.

basswood

I've been registered here for a while but didn't even realize there was an "art" thread going, I should have known. Going to have go back and review what's here but here's my contribution to the Bellgab Museum of Fine Art (BMFA), a few pieces from the years I used to work as a bronze sculptor, in the good old days, pre-911.

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

EDIT: Just went through the 5 pages and am BLOWN AWAY by the talent and taste here. Blown away. Well done, Gabbers.

Quote from: basswood on November 13, 2013, 08:19:42 PM
I've been registered here for a while but didn't even realize there was an "art" thread going, I should have known. Going to have go back and review what's here but here's my contribution to the Bellgab Museum of Fine Art (BMFA), a few pieces from the years I used to work as a bronze sculptor, in the good old days, pre-911.
EDIT: Just went through the 5 pages and am BLOWN AWAY by the talent and taste here. Blown away. Well done, Gabbers.

Wow, that blows my mind! Nice work. Have you explored 3d printing at all? As a sculptor I'm sure you have some opinions on the potential there.

Also where can we place orders for shotglasses? They would come in handy during the gabCasts :)