• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Music

Started by RealCool Daddio, April 24, 2011, 10:21:45 PM

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: analog kid on December 07, 2012, 05:31:55 AM
For most of my life that thought would be a terrifying prospect, but for some reason, I don't care anymore. Maybe it was 40, maybe it's the Prozac.

When I turn forty, my birthday cake will be *made* out of Prozac. Nah, it's just a number with about as much meaning as you choose to give it.

ziznak

Quote from: Nucky Nolan on December 09, 2012, 12:08:15 AM
When I turn forty, my birthday cake will be *made* out of Prozac. Nah, it's just a number with about as much meaning as you choose to give it.
do they make xanex cakes... i want one

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: ziznak on December 09, 2012, 12:10:45 AM
do they make xanex cakes... i want one

Beer is still the best psychotropic drug. You don't need a prescription, and you won't get arrested.

ziznak

Quote from: Nucky Nolan on December 09, 2012, 12:14:27 AM
Beer is still the best psychotropic drug. You don't need a prescription, and you won't get arrested.
and I wont wake up next to any transvestite hookers... i mean... yeah thats right damnit... dont need that shit

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: ziznak on December 09, 2012, 12:16:59 AM
and I wont wake up next to any transvestite hookers... i mean... yeah thats right damnit... dont need that shit

I don't know about that; I'm sure that you've heard of beer goggles. I need beer hearing aids to listen to Noory.

ziznak

like i dun sed before... bullets... bullets are all you need in your ears for snoory

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: ziznak on December 09, 2012, 12:45:07 AM
like i dun sed before... bullets... bullets are all you need in your ears for snoory

I've heard of suicide by cop but not suicide by Coast. That's taking things too far.

ziznak

have you been listening lately?

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: ziznak on December 09, 2012, 01:49:25 AM
have you been listening lately?

I haven't. I don't want to test that death-by-Noory theory.

Sardondi

Heh. The Pogues: the only group I've ever been certain lowered my IQ just by listening to. Although Shane MacGowan does give hope to the tone-deaf that they too could be rock singers one day.

ziznak

since we're lowering our iq's with music...
Farting Elves 12 Days of Christmas

Sardondi

Flashing on Melanie Safka's "Look What They Done To My Song Ma" made me remember what I always thought was her masterwork, "Candles In The Rain" aka "Lay Down". This vid, which is a partial recording of an early 70's Dutch tv appearance, is done with the Edwin Hawkins Singers choir doing background vocals. A rock anthem and about 20 black gospel singers for backing vocals - heaven.

Melanie Lay down 1970 doing her thing for enthousiastic dutch audience

Sardondi

Crap: my daughter is wearing a Morrissey tee shirt.

ziznak

Snorge plays 1979 from time to time which itself is a great song that brings me back and gives me sentimental butterflies but its nothing compared to this:
Mayonaise - The Smashing Pumpkins

The General

Quote from: Sardondi on January 23, 2013, 08:41:09 AM
Crap: my daughter is wearing a Morrissey tee shirt.
Thank your lucky stars, bub.  Things could be MUCH worse than that.

HorrorRetro

**Pre-coffee post.  Meant to put this in the Art Bell Bumper Music thread**

Just to screw with Noory, he could use another Giorgio Moroder piece  ;D   

Night Drive. 
Giorgio Moroder - Night Drive (American Gigolo Soundtrack - 1980)

Utopia is more like "The Chase."
Giorgio Moroder - Utopia - Me Giorgio

Caruthers612

Quote from: Blinko on October 13, 2012, 12:32:49 AM
Bjork , i do love her so

Gotta second that. She cast a spell on me when she first appeared with the Sugarcubes. Did you know that Iceland gave her an island off the northeast coast of their country in recognition of how much she's promoted Iceland around the world? Very cool. I'd promote Canada if they'd give me British Columbia and all the hot babes in it.

Caruthers612

I used to inhabit this guitar player's foum and this German chap posted this video of his rendition of the Dr. Who and Game of Thrones themes. Really quite good and I like his sense of humor.
Dr. Who Meets Metal

I came across two songs I thought Evil Twin of Zen would like, both foreign language performers.

Shiina Ringo-Marunochi Sadistic
A song made up of play-on-words of the names of train stops on a Tokyo subway line.
http://youtu.be/wP1sWBxqhx4

second song moved to next post:
Aterciopelados-Don Dinero
Es el Mero Mero

Also I just spent the last few days listening to the Black Keys-someone recommended them and loaned CDs to me-I didn't like them at all.
I threw a few of their albums on repeat with the Jackie Brown soundtrack in the mix. Every time the JB soundtrack came up I was thinking "this is good."

part 2

Aterciopelados-Don Dinero
Es el Mero Mero
http://youtu.be/9VA01HmYRZ4

of them all.... i love the cello the most.
This piece in almost any form is my favorite and always puts the same image in my mind.

Boston Cello Quartet plays Albinoni, Adagio

Usagi

Quote from: Digitech on February 16, 2013, 06:57:49 PM
I know it's not for everyone, but...

Well... you're right about that.  But those sweet grillz did make me think of a song I do like:

Ol' Dirty Bastard - Got Your Money