• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Music

Started by RealCool Daddio, April 24, 2011, 10:21:45 PM

Ruteger

The Seekers California Dreamin' 1966

Great song. Now CA is a 3rd-world sewer. Thank you Dem/Libs and GOP filth.

McPhallus

Quote from: Ruteger on September 15, 2012, 03:31:17 PM

More like California Scheming these days.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Ruteger on September 15, 2012, 03:31:17 PM

your post made me think of this song by the Kinks. 

Kinks - Living on a Thin Line

Quote from: M. Knight on September 15, 2012, 05:37:55 PM

your post made me think of this song by the Kinks. 

That's my favorite tune from them!

ziznak

Life of Agony - Let's Pretend 05
Life of Agony was a great Hardcore band when they first came out... then I'm not really sure what happened to them.  Their singer Keith Caputo is by far one of my favorite singers ever.  He recently became Mina Caputo... apparently he got sick of just pretending and became a woman about a year ago.  I still love him... er her...
Life Of Agony - Through And Through

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: ziznak on September 21, 2012, 10:04:51 PM
Life of Agony was a great Hardcore band when they first came out... then I'm not really sure what happened to them.  Their singer Keith Caputo is by far one of my favorite singers ever.  He recently became Mina Caputo... apparently he got sick of just pretending and became a woman about a year ago.  I still love him... er her...

River Runs Red was a really good album, I got into them via their Type O Negative connections. Saw them live in '94, Keith was a weirdass, probably smacked out or something.

Someone loaned me this really weird cd the other day and I have to admit I sort of like it

The Orb featuring Lee Scratch Perry - Golden Clouds

Pragmier

Saw the Heineken commercial and had to hear more - I think they'll have a breakout soon.

Clairy Browne & the Bangin' Rackettes at the Toff in Town

Clairy Browne Live At Palais

analog kid

ACL_Put_You_Down.wmv

Alejandro Escovedo - Put You Down

Blinko

Here's one for all you " Suburban Rebels" comfortably striking out against all ill perceived wrong doing from the comfort of your lazy boys. Thankfully the curse of american girth keeps you from causing too much trouble, thankfully for your own sake that is.

The Business - Suburban Rebels (1988)

Blinko

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: The General on October 10, 2012, 10:57:03 PM
Dylan, Bob: Jokerman on David Letterman

I remember watching this episode as it happened, it was a Thursday night(Letterman wasn't on Friday Nights until '87) March 22, 1984 and Dylan backed out of the interview portion and slyly did "Don't Start Me Talkin"...I remember initially thinking that was Keith Richards with him.Haven't seen this in ages.

There was an odd "artsy" video of Jokerman that aired on MTV in the summer of '84, but I doubt it's on YouTube. 

The General

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on October 10, 2012, 11:15:34 PM
       I remember watching this episode as it happened, it was a Thursday night(Letterman wasn't on Friday Nights until '87) March 22, 1984 and Dylan backed out of the interview portion and slyly did "Don't Start Me Talkin"...I remember initially thinking that was Keith Richards with him.Haven't seen this in ages.

There was an odd "artsy" video of Jokerman that aired on MTV in the summer of '84, but I doubt it's on YouTube.
I like how he's got the wrong harmonica and some roadie has to go fetch the right one.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: The General on October 10, 2012, 11:22:03 PM
I like how he's got the wrong harmonica and some roadie has to go fetch the right one.
Totally off the cuff performance, this Jokerman is far more "rock" than the reggae styled version on Infidels, with a band of unknowns with him here. Good stuff, nice find. His band that summer would include Mick Taylor and Ian McLagan, a bit of an upgrade in terms of skill and reputation than these guys with him.

HorrorRetro

One of my favorites that I could only watch on our local UHF music video channel.

Suicidal Tendencies - "Institutionalized" Frontier Records