• Welcome to BellGab/bellchan Archive.
 

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 11, 2015, 11:13:40 PM

Lilith

Quote from: DarKPenguiN on May 06, 2018, 10:38:11 AM
No- There has to be some responsibility on the consumer on this one.

After what Art pulled with Sirius , which involved many people actually purchasing expensive (and now useless) satellite radios, everyone should have pretty much known how this one was going to end. Sirius offered full refunds but I personally didnt ask for one and just rode out my subscription and chalked it up as a learning experience. The fact they had the integrity to offer refunds was enough to make me not want to ask for one if that makes sense.

Anyone who stayed subbed after the stalker story in hjoipes of Art ever returning kind of deserved what they got imho.

I was being sarcastic.

gees...  ::)

Rico999

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 06, 2018, 08:01:12 AM
How the fuck does somebody let their life tank so quickly? Her mentor dies, and now she's listening to Lasha?

Well, there you have it.  When someone like Lasha becomes your consigliere and semi-official "spokesman," then you're fucked.  Katz advice was sound.

IMO, the whole thing really collapsed for Heather when she made the choice not to go to the funeral.  Aside from properly mourning Art, it would've been a good time to make arrangements to meet with Keith and the lawyers and get things straight with regard to the near-term future of MITD. 

Instead, Heather relies on her own worst instincts (as she's been doing since then), with the predictable results.

I'm also very curious to find out 1) How Art died, exactly and 2) What's on Airyn's mind?

a is jump

Here we go...
[attachment=1,msg1202627]

WOTR

Quote from: mv on May 06, 2018, 08:38:34 AM
They were recorded in my bathroom.
With this being Bellgab- I can't tell if you are being serious...  :(

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on May 06, 2018, 09:31:13 AM
On which body part?  :o

Thanks for the visual...

yoursongs

Quote from: Sean92008 on May 06, 2018, 10:35:39 AM
Hot dude, wasn't he the lead singer of some Seattle band?

No, she is the one in the group on the tv show "Finding Bigfoot", or as I like to call it "Pretending to Look For Bigfoot"

ponyboysunset

Quote from: a is jump on May 06, 2018, 10:48:35 AM
Here we go...
[attachment=1,msg1202627]
Hahahaha yeah she was being manipulated. (Insert eye roll)
I really hate these types.

Lilith

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 06, 2018, 10:41:58 AM
I think it was pay-as-you-go.  To whatever extent we regret it now, there are plenty of people around here who will hasten to remind us that we knew who we were dealing with.

We don't disagree about anything I don't think K_Dubb.  I just disagree with those (Including MV...  Praise MV!) that feel Heather was manipulated by Art. I think they were all in on the plan for Art to begin a new show, collect subscribers using Arts name as the draw for subscriptions, knowing full well, it was going to be Heathers show.  She would have never gathered subscribers from the get go, had she made the effort to become a famous radio show on her own, based on her "on air" history, without attaching herself to Arts name.


Sean92008

Let's say Heather and Art were intimate...

Maybe the events went like this:

Art, in the heat of manipulative sex, promises Heather that she's in the will.

Art dies after ingesting her pills (prescribed for a younger, not COPDed patient) and she's ready to quit and be rich.

A couple of weeks later, she learns the truth. That same day, Keith fires her for dereliction of duty because Keith also knows what was in the will/trust.

She hurriedly tries to line up a new gig...  She turns off the mourning because the show must go on May 7, uh no, May 14, uh, maybe...

George Knapp and the toxicology report is crucial.

If there was an affair, ewww, Airyn needs to get those kids as far from Pahrump as possible.  Take her riches back to a compound in the P.I. with her extended family with her.  Citizen kids give her free and clear access to the States if she didn't naturalize...  I am surprised that Airyn didn't teach Asia Tagalog....  My kids are trilingual now with mother's tongue and Spanish from school. Oh, plus ingléis...

If there was an affair, Heather is then a homewrecker.  So much for women's empowerment. 

ponyboysunset

Quote from: brig on May 06, 2018, 10:50:56 AM
We don't disagree about anything I don't think K_Dubb.  I just disagree with those (Including MV...  Praise MV!) that feel Heather was manipulated by Art. I think they were all in on the plan for Art to begin a new show, collect subscribers using Arts name as the draw for subscriptions, knowing full well, it was going to be Heathers show.  She would have never gathered subscribers from the get go, had she made the effort to become a famous radio show on her own, based on her "on air" history, without attaching herself to Arts name.
I think Art picked Heather but when she wasn’t cutting it they tried to replace her and couldn’t and doubled down on her. But as you say I could be wrong.

WOTR

Quote from: DarKPenguiN on May 06, 2018, 09:23:54 AM
The "Midnight in the desert' name should be retired. Should have been retired when Art walked away from the show the last time but...

Heathers going to try to ride the 'Art bell' wave for as long as she can and milk it for all its worth but in the end the ride is over, it'll wind down slowly as subscribers/supporters/suckers begin to pull away.
In many ways, I agree.  But I would bet that legally if he does not produce "midnight in the desert", he would have to cancel the subscriptions (and the only ones left are the people who subscribed years ago and promptly forgot that it is a recurring charge.)  He would probably have to get each of those suckers subscribers to resubscribe- and that is very unlikely at this point.

That is the only reason that I can see for letting the charade continue...

Lilith

As I read all this speculation, I remember Redacted saying that she was paid very well.  I also had the impression that it was Art that paid her very well, not Keith.  Please correct me if I'm wrong.  I could be wrong, as always.

DarKPenguiN

Quote from: WOTR on May 06, 2018, 10:57:20 AM
In many ways, I agree.  But I would bet that legally if he does not produce "midnight in the desert", he would have to cancel the subscriptions (and the only ones left art the people who subscribed years ago and promptly forgot that it is a recurring charge.)  He would probably have to get each of those suckers subscribers to resubscribe- and that is very unlikely at this point.

That is the only reason that I can see for letting the charade continue...

Hmmmmm- Thats an interesting perspective. Makes sense.

Bart Ell

Quote from: SpookyTim on May 06, 2018, 09:41:11 AM
I'll put this in the Spooky Southcoast thread, too, since that's where it actually belongs.

So you know you are being an opportunist vulture but can't resist.
You are about 2 moves away from getting your own General Musings thread.
I want to be on team Spooky Tim but you are making it difficult, Timbo!

SredniVashtar

Quote from: brig on May 06, 2018, 10:50:56 AM
We don't disagree about anything I don't think K_Dubb.  I just disagree with those (Including MV...  Praise MV!) that feel Heather was manipulated by Art. I think they were all in on the plan for Art to begin a new show, collect subscribers using Arts name as the draw for subscriptions, knowing full well, it was going to be Heathers show.  She would have never gathered subscribers from the get go, had she made the effort to become a famous radio show on her own, based on her "on air" history, without attaching herself to Arts name.

I think we need to waterboard aldous. It's the only way to find out the dirty deets.

Sean92008

Quote from: Bart Ell on May 06, 2018, 11:02:26 AM
So you know you are being an opportunist vulture but can't resist.
You are about 2 moves away from getting your own General Musings thread.
I want to be on team Spooky Tim but you are making it difficult, Timbo!
He'd be in good company as a vulture right along with George Knapp.

K_Dubb

Quote from: brig on May 06, 2018, 10:50:56 AM
We don't disagree about anything I don't think K_Dubb.  I just disagree with those (Including MV...  Praise MV!) that feel Heather was manipulated by Art. I think they were all in on the plan for Art to begin a new show, collect subscribers using Arts name as the draw for subscriptions, knowing full well, it was going to be Heathers show.  She would have never gathered subscribers from the get go, had she made the effort to become a famous radio show on her own, based on her "on air" history, without attaching herself to Arts name.

Yeah I see what you mean.  It was a gift to her underwritten in part by other people.  You could say the same about the Vietnamese orphans or the cat wing of the Pahrump animal shelter.  Collective actions are messy; I can't untangle the moral responsibilities, particularly since I think he put in a lot, too.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: SredniVashtar on May 06, 2018, 11:03:51 AM
I think we need to waterboard aldous. It's the only way to find out the dirty deets.

Isn't that too extreme? Won't he drown?


SpookyTim

Quote from: Bart Ell on May 06, 2018, 11:02:26 AM
So you know you are being an opportunist vulture but can't resist.
You are about 2 moves away from getting your own General Musings thread.
I want to be on team Spooky Tim but you are making it difficult, Timbo!

Then I will know I have made it!



Lilith

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 06, 2018, 11:04:32 AM
Yeah I see what you mean.  It was a gift to her underwritten in part by other people.  You could say the same about the Vietnamese orphans or the cat wing of the Pahrump animal shelter.  Collective actions are messy; I can't untangle the moral responsibilities, particularly since I think he put in a lot, too.

The part that keeps going through my mind is Art saying he doesn't know why bellgabbers weren't supporting Heather in the way he had imagined they would.  Bellgabbers are highly intelligent, intuitive people, and I think the bellgabbers felt all along, right from the blitz days, started by Heather incidently,  that nobody involved was being totally honest with them.


THE BLITZ THREAD started by HEATHER ( a must read for anyone who wasn't here then, and a good reminder for people who were):
http://bellgab.com/index.php?topic=8019.0

SpookyTim

By "entertainment lawyers," she means Wikipedia and LegalZoom.


malliard

Quote from: SpookyTim on May 06, 2018, 11:12:25 AM
By "entertainment lawyers," she means Wikipedia and LegalZoom.
yet it seems the topic at hand is copyright and trademark.. #justsayin

SredniVashtar

Quote from: brig on May 06, 2018, 11:12:17 AM
The part that keeps going through my mind is Art saying he doesn't know why bellgabbers weren't supporting Heather in the way he had imagined they would.  Bellgabbers are highly intelligent, intuitive people, and I think the bellgabbers felt all along, right from the blitz days, started by Heather incidently,  that nobody involved was being totally honest with them.


THE BLITZ THREAD started by HEATHER ( a must read for anyone who wasn't here then, and a good reminder for people who were):
http://bellgab.com/index.php?topic=8019.0

Very astute, if I may say so, grub. Yes, the manipulation started very early on.

sydtron

Quote from: trostol on May 06, 2018, 11:09:56 AM
pretty sure she has gone off the deep end now

What a Smug fucking CUNT.

K_Dubb

Quote from: brig on May 06, 2018, 11:12:17 AM
The part that keeps going through my mind is Art saying he doesn't know why bellgabbers weren't supporting Heather in the way he had imagined they would.  Bellgabbers are highly intelligent, intuitive people, and I think the bellgabbers felt all along, right from the blitz days, started by Heather incidently,  that nobody involved was being totally honest with them.

http://bellgab.com/index.php?topic=8019.0

Ha!  I think I see where you are going with this; sorry, I am slow.  That's a conspiracy worthy of a show of its own!

Honestly I don't think she's that clever, and this is a case of reading intelligence into chaos, but that's based on a fundamental view of how the world works that I don't expect other people to share.

AZZERAE

Quote from: SredniVashtar on May 06, 2018, 10:02:17 AM
It featured a character called Dennis the Menace, but it was a different Dennis to the one over there.


Powered by SMFPacks Menu Editor Mod