• Welcome to BellGab/bellchan Archive.
 

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 11, 2015, 11:13:40 PM

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 06, 2018, 09:09:41 AM

Maybe he'd been a defrocked priest at one time? Speaking from bitter experience?

That wasn't even the worst of what he did.  (To me). :-\ 

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 06, 2018, 09:09:57 AM
You'll be a co-host sometimes
No, you'll be a producer
You'll emergency fill-in until I come back
Maybe I'll come back once in a while
Doesn't come back

Qualifies as manipulation and doesn't depend on any hidden hypotheticals.


"I know I'm married to Airyn, for now...."  ::)


bellNwhistle

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 06, 2018, 09:13:12 AM
Shit.  :(

It wasn't rape or anything like that (though I was molested as a kid, thankfully it wasn't by any teachers.. but by people who should have known better).  He was just highly inappropriate, and lured me to his classroom after school, and did some creepy stuff. It was one of those things that became more disturbing the longer I thought about it, and the older I got.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 06, 2018, 09:12:52 AM

"I know I'm married to Airyn, for now...."  ::)

You missed the part about hidden hypotheticals.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 06, 2018, 09:07:38 AM


My junior high Science teacher told his class that having sex with a condom is like wearing socks in the shower.

:-X

Not sure why he felt this was an appropriate comment to make to 10th graders. In a religious school.

You remind me of my school. There was a terrific crash in the classroom next door and it turned out a teacher has thrown a chair at one of the kids. Who was 8 years-old.

DarKPenguiN

The "Midnight in the desert' name should be retired. Should have been retired when Art walked away from the show the last time but...

Heathers going to try to ride the 'Art bell' wave for as long as she can and milk it for all its worth but in the end the ride is over, it'll wind down slowly as subscribers/supporters/suckers begin to pull away.

I dont even know why Keith would try to protect the whole 'MITD" name when he no longer has a show that is coming from a fucking desert and that name was only good when it actually meant something... Thats like Spooky Tim starting a show called "Death in the middle of the fucking amazon jungle" (DITMOTFAJ for short) which is a stellar name for a show but not if you're broadcasting from the SW USA- Its just stupid.

If Keith fights her over the MITD name its a petty and pointless battle... He should just cut his losses and move on. This whole thing is beyond retarded at this point over a fucking podcast that was bleeding subs anyhow (A podcast that only really had subs to begin with because of Art Bell)

bellNwhistle

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 06, 2018, 09:19:16 AM
You missed the part about hidden hypotheticals.

Let's say you're Art Bell. King of Paranormal Radio, but still an aging man with a failing body.  You have to give up what you love, so you need someone to take under your wing, in order to hand the keys over.  Who do you pick, and why?

He had options. He had Keith. He knew Keith. Granted, Keith isn't a guy for speaking on the radio (or so he says. I don't know), but he knows the ins and outs of this business. He's been working with Art for decades. Why would Art - logically speaking- not give it to Keith, for any number of reasons... like, even as a thank you? Why would he instead pick some chick who does phone sex for a living, who enjoys doing a podcast for fun? But who (by her own account) has no real talent or even confidence to do it?

So, you pick Heather.  Again, why? Because she's younger, more malleable than Keith? Willing to do whatever The Great Art Bell says? Willing to take instruction like a champ? Has no real place to hang her hat, so she's easy to just move on in to the compound? 

How can you pick someone who you really barely know, to be the one you give the candy store to?  Why would you count on them to win over all of your fans, when they already know Keith?

I mean, unless he really just didn't give a shit at the end.  We think (and Heather thinks) he thought she was all that, but maybe he didn't?

bellNwhistle

Quote from: SredniVashtar on May 06, 2018, 09:23:16 AM
You remind me of my school. There was a terrific crash in the classroom next door and it turned out a teacher has thrown a chair at one of the kids. Who was 8 years-old.

Charming.  :(

Bluejay

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 06, 2018, 09:09:57 AM
You'll be a co-host sometimes
No, you'll be a producer
You'll emergency fill-in until I come back
Maybe I'll come back once in a while
Doesn't come back

Qualifies as manipulation and doesn't depend on any hidden hypotheticals.


Juan

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 06, 2018, 08:43:37 AM

So was Joe Meek's Telstar. You're in fine company sir!
Dammit Yorkie, you’ve just sent me down the slope of The Tornadoes, The Clavioline, Del Shannon, The Beatles, Mike Oldfield, and now The Heliocentric Worlds of Sun Ra. I don’t know if I’ll be able to climb out of the latter. And I had hoped to accomplish something today.

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 06, 2018, 09:28:10 AM

So, you pick Heather.  Again, why? Because she's younger, more malleable than Keith? Willing to do whatever The Great Art Bell says?

One can only speculate, but I feel you may have hit the 'ol nail on the head.

Dyna-X

Quote from: aldousburbank on May 06, 2018, 09:06:30 AM
Plausible deniability dude. Look at the whole chessboard.

https://youtu.be/REWeBzGuzCc

Ol' Rumsfeld is stating the first step to breaking down any mystery as is done at any of the letter agencies. Next gather more information, triangulate, grade both the reliability of the source from past history and the information itself and so on and then decide what is "actionable"

SpookyTim

For those that missed it last night, here's the live broadcast replay of Spooky Southcoast with guest Thom Reed. The Bellgabbers were in strong form in the comments, so I've shared the actual live replay with real-time comments (the show itself starts 16 minutes in, we play music leading up to it that is submitted by our audience). You can catch the reaction to all my Bell Gab and Heather in-jokes as they happen...

https://youtu.be/Y4Ghi12et3g?t=16m

If you just want to see the show and don't care about the comments, you can watch that here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7uLNUT_k8I

If you prefer just an audio-only podcast version, that's been uploaded to our podcast feed and will hit sites such as player.fm and Stitcher very soon, if not already. iTunes can take up to a day to add a new episode, but almost every other podcast service has us relatively quickly.

I'll put this in the Spooky Southcoast thread, too, since that's where it actually belongs. But just wanted to give everyone a heads up.



ItsOver

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on May 06, 2018, 09:31:13 AM
On which body part?  :o
From looking at the avatars, better hope it's this.



aldousburbank

Quote from: Dyna-X on May 06, 2018, 09:40:15 AM
Ol' Rumsfeld is stating the first step to breaking down any mystery as is done at any of the letter agencies. Next gather more information, triangulate, grade both the reliability of the source from past history and the information itself and so on and then decide what is "actionable"

Also good dating advice.

AZZERAE

Quote from: Sean92008 on May 06, 2018, 07:56:37 AM
Nothing more entertaining than a narcissist surrounded by sycophants leading her to the slaughterhouse.

Bluejay

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 06, 2018, 09:28:10 AM
Let's say you're Art Bell. King of Paranormal Radio, but still an aging man with a failing body.  You have to give up what you love, so you need someone to take under your wing, in order to hand the keys over.  Who do you pick, and why?

He had options. He had Keith. He knew Keith. Granted, Keith isn't a guy for speaking on the radio (or so he says. I don't know), but he knows the ins and outs of this business. He's been working with Art for decades. Why would Art - logically speaking- not give it to Keith, for any number of reasons... like, even as a thank you? Why would he instead pick some chick who does phone sex for a living, who enjoys doing a podcast for fun? But who (by her own account) has no real talent or even confidence to do it?

So, you pick Heather.  Again, why? Because she's younger, more malleable than Keith? Willing to do whatever The Great Art Bell says? Willing to take instruction like a champ? Has no real place to hang her hat, so she's easy to just move on in to the compound? 

How can you pick someone who you really barely know, to be the one you give the candy store to?  Why would you count on them to win over all of your fans, when they already know Keith?

I mean, unless he really just didn't give a shit at the end.  We think (and Heather thinks) he thought she was all that, but maybe he didn't?
I’m surprised he didn’t take into account her bassy voice, singsong speaking style and overall the listenability factor when selecting her to mentor.  I mean there’s only so much training one can do; it was a bad choice. 

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 06, 2018, 09:19:16 AM
You missed the part about hidden hypotheticals.

But where's the tragedy in that?

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on May 06, 2018, 09:31:13 AM
On which body part?  :o

Socks, plural.

Which really lends to another question...  ???

Dateline

The Bart Ell Legacy made me laugh on this sad Sunday morning.  Thanks, that is hilarious.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 06, 2018, 09:28:10 AM
How can you pick someone who you really barely know, to be the one you give the candy store to? 

'George gets it'.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: SredniVashtar on May 06, 2018, 09:23:16 AM
You remind me of my school. There was a terrific crash in the classroom next door and it turned out a teacher has thrown a chair at one of the kids. Who was 8 years-old.

We had a Religious Ed teacher (Also taught history) who apparently had had anger management treatment before it was fashionable and hip, who before my time had spotted a lad reading the Beano or somesuch under the desk lid.. Walker (The teacher) kept talking but quietly walked up to the desk and punched it down, nearly severing the lads windpipe on the lip of the desk..Walker wasn't sacked, he wasn't even prosecuted! No-one liked him though. Even the other teachers openly disliked him, enough to not keep him abreast of the cricket scores when the Ashes were on.

Quote from: Bluejay on May 06, 2018, 08:07:29 AM
A little false flattery goes a long way when it comes to manipulating a narcissist.

Heather and Art, RoseGirl and Heather, Eagle and RoseGirl...

SredniVashtar

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 06, 2018, 09:19:16 AM
You missed the part about hidden hypotheticals.

I think I speak for us all when I say i'm glad you keep your hypotheticals hidden. In case you were planning to show them in your next photo.

ShayP

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 06, 2018, 09:52:44 AM
We had a Religious Ed teacher (Also taught history) who apparently had had anger management treatment before it was fashionable and hip, who before my time had spotted a lad reading the Beano or somesuch under the desk lid..

What is "the Beano?"  Just curious, as to the only Beano I know of is a brand of anti-gas pills.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: SredniVashtar on May 06, 2018, 09:54:23 AM
I think I speak for us all when I say i'm glad you keep your hypotheticals hidden. In case you were planning to show them in your next photo.


Praise SV

SredniVashtar

Quote from: ShayP on May 06, 2018, 09:56:45 AM
What is "the Beano?"  Just curious, as to the only Beano I know of is a brand of anti-gas pills.

A comic book.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: ShayP on May 06, 2018, 09:56:45 AM
What is "the Beano?"  Just curious, as to the only Beano I know of is a brand of anti-gas pills.

LMFAO  Maybe it's a book about a gassy kid?


Quote from: SredniVashtar on May 06, 2018, 09:59:43 AM
A comic book.

Could be a great comic book.

Powered by SMFPacks Menu Editor Mod