• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

From Art Bell

Started by Art Bell, September 21, 2015, 03:42:41 PM

Tapkaara

Quote from: Robert on September 21, 2015, 06:49:20 PM
Yeah: me.  What changed that makes MITD available on "the same radio"?  Has there been some technical change?  The last I heard was as above, that the sticking point was total time for ad insertions.  If we're supposed to phone stations to ask them to carry the program, what are we supposed to tell them that they didn't know previously?

Exactly. I'm not clear as to what is different now. Yes, I get there is a satellite element now, but it does seem that stations already could have carried the show if they wanted to.

Robert

I should've quoted "the same receiver" rather than misquoting as "the same radio".  Art, don't tease us like this, please.  You're famous for laying out all the cards.

Hog

Art, I hope everything turns out well for you.  Hopefully getting "bigger" again doesn't include the stresses that you once had before.

I just sent a couple emails to local stations, and sent a thank you email to NEWSTALK 1010AM in Toronto. The only Canadian station currently broadcasting MITD.

I really like this graphic.

starrmtn001

Quote from: lonevoice on September 21, 2015, 06:33:19 PM
From Art's facebook page, there's now a printable pdf link for downloading and printing the press release:

http://cdn5.darkmatternews.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/artbell-PR1-2015.pdf
Perfect!  Thank you lonevoice. ;)

anunnaki

For someone that makes his living mostly seated, a good quality, comfortable chair is a must.
Knowing that you, Art do your homework, what is the name/brand of your chair ?
We asked about the clock-you told us.
We asked about the Light therapy- you told us about Lumen Photon Therapy and made them a sponsor.
You have a "Bad Back", so what chair are you using (Hint -future sponsor ?? ::))

Dude111

Quote from: Art BellActually it is big news, we have been content over the last two Months to run our Internet show as is but this move opens the door wide to Radio Stations to pick up the show which is what they have been asking for. It means we come in on the same receiver as every other National show starting Oct 1st.

Wow good for you Art!!

Remember talking to me in email alot buddy??? -- I didnt think you would want to start another show cause of how things are going in this world.... Im glad your trying anyway!!

God bless you Arthur :)

DarkStar

Quote from: Art Bell on September 21, 2015, 03:42:41 PM
Actually it is big news, we have been content over the last two Months to run our Internet show as is but this move opens the door wide to Radio Stations to pick up the show which is what they have been asking for. It means we come in on the same receiver as every other National show starting Oct 1st.

We also started a Advertising campaign today that will run for a Month on Social Media. We would like to combine this with people calling their local program Manager and requesting the show. The XDS Satallite people will also promo it to the Radio Stations.

Having it on XDS makes it easy :)
Art

P.S. Any help from Bell Gab in making those calls would be great!

morgana213

I will definitely be contacting stations here in North Florida/ South Georgia.  Great news Art!!!!

ZHero

Ill call my local stations 1st thing in the morning Art! 8)

Oculary

This will be fun to watch, figuratively speaking. The Creator returns to destroy his ungodly creation (Coast to Coast AM)...I hope the entire management of that show get's fired trying to offset the lost ratings, and failing. I can't say they don't deserve it...The show is awful except for Knapp...He, alone, after all these years, is the only thing I tune in to them for. Art got out fair and square, really, if you think about it. He made the show...Got it huge...And sold it when he'd thought he'd done enough. But seeing what was created and what has endured after his creative involvement with the show ended must really kind of rankle him. Then he got short-sticked and screwed, so he's probably still a bit testy. But, BEST of all for us: HE CAN'T STAY AWAY! That is a win-win for us, after all these years. The BEST...Is BACK. For more than 30 days! YAY!

Discriminate

Art, why were you so worried on Friday? Your original post said something about how the announcement would make some of us angry with you.

I think you guys made a really, really good choice. I'm getting tired of having "STREAM GUYS!" yelled at me every time I have to reconnect.

Spinner

Actually it is big news, we have been content over the last two Months to run our Internet show as is but this move opens the door wide to Radio Stations to pick up the show which is what they have been asking for. It means we come in on the same receiver as every other National show starting Oct 1st.

We also started a Advertising campaign today that will run for a Month on Social Media. We would like to combine this with people calling their local program Manager and requesting the show. The XDS Satallite people will also promo it to the Radio Stations.

Art

Way to go, Art! This is so exciting!

I'm definitely on board, and will be calling, emailing and posting elsewhere to help get the word out.
Let's take back the night!

Spinner

Quote from: Oculary on September 21, 2015, 07:50:22 PM
This will be fun to watch, figuratively speaking. The Creator returns to destroy his ungodly creation (Coast to Coast AM) that was corrupted by Dave and PremRat ...
Corrected for accuracy.  8)

littlechris

Art

GREAT NEWS Art l!!!!

I'll do what I can to promote the show!!

My dream is to one day hear you again on KOGO and KFI!!!!!!!!!!!

-Chris

P.S. I and I'm sure others are ok with you adding more commericals if you need to!!!

munbeam666

Quote from: Robert on September 21, 2015, 06:49:20 PM
Yeah: me.  What changed that makes MITD available on "the same radio"?  Has there been some technical change?  The last I heard was as above, that the sticking point was total time for ad insertions.  If we're supposed to phone stations to ask them to carry the program, what are we supposed to tell them that they didn't know previously?
I suspect that Art will explain some of this confusion tonight

lonevoice

Quote from: bateman on September 21, 2015, 06:18:24 PM
I don't have the slightest idea what their rates are, but here's the contact page: http://www.talkers.com/contact-us/
Thanks, have inquired. 

Spinner

Quote from: Art Bell on September 21, 2015, 06:36:51 PM
No there will not be more Commercials, the stream and Time Traveler's will remain as is.

Art
Thank you for that, Art.
But, IF you need to increase the time for commercials by a couple of minutes per hour, I think most of your fans will not mind at all. A couple of minutes will not affect the overall quality of the show, and it may help accomplish the goal: Take Back The Night.

Quote from: Hog on September 21, 2015, 07:13:24 PM
Art, I hope everything turns out well for you.  Hopefully getting "bigger" again doesn't include the stresses that you once had before.

I just sent a couple emails to local stations, and sent a thank you email to NEWSTALK 1010AM in Toronto. The only Canadian station currently broadcasting MITD.

I really like this graphic.

Yeah, me too.  I was wondering if that was a standard promo graphic.

Weirdoradio

Quote from: North_Star on September 21, 2015, 05:58:30 PM
I just emailed CJAD in Montreal.

Sadly I don't see them going for it. I've spoken to a few people at the station that I'm friendly with. Their top of the hour news segments can stretch to 5-7 minutes even overnight, as well as traffic+weather updates. The Other Show that currently airs offers them a much more appropriate timetable for them to be able to get ad revenue, and the 1 am to 5 am slot allows them to not have to find more content to repackage for those hours, like the currently-aired "Best Of Of The Day" they put on from midnight-1 am.

Here's to hoping maybe public outpouring will have them change their minds, but sadly I don't see it happening.

Quote from: Weirdoradio on September 21, 2015, 10:01:04 PM
Sadly I don't see them going for it. I've spoken to a few people at the station that I'm friendly with. Their top of the hour news segments can stretch to 5-7 minutes even overnight, as well as traffic+weather updates. The Other Show that currently airs offers them a much more appropriate timetable for them to be able to get ad revenue, and the 1 am to 5 am slot allows them to not have to find more content to repackage for those hours, like the currently-aired "Best Of Of The Day" they put on from midnight-1 am.

Here's to hoping maybe public outpouring will have them change their minds, but sadly I don't see it happening.

I wonder what kind of contractual obligations Canadian stations have when they carry C2C.  They don't carry the other iHeart programs.

Weirdoradio

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on September 21, 2015, 10:05:40 PM
I wonder what kind of contractual obligations Canadian stations have when they carry C2C.  They don't carry the other iHeart programs.

I'm unsure myself. CFRB (analogous to CJAD, marketwise, both owned by Bell Media) had an overnight show with Humble and Fred, who have now been moved off of the station to make room for Art's return. CJAD hasn't had a live host in its overnight slot in a long time, and the anglo talk radio market in Montreal is so small that it wouldn't make financial sense to go out and find someone for the 3-5 slot.

They could always sell that 3-5 slot in the same way that they do on the weekend (which cuts into the C2C broadcast Fri and Sat): long-form infomercials for GET HEALTHY QUICK medical treatments.

lamr

I'm just looking for European stations that mIght be worth contacting. unfortunately we don't seem to have the same tradition of long form talk radio in the UK. We have one national talk station, but it is sport themed (when I say sport I mean soccer and not much else except home improvement/DIY adverts).

Any guidance would be helpful (DRM stations, satellite broadcasters etc).

[sic]

Art

Art,

When are you going to start giving out movie tickets on your program? 

Thanks in advance for your reply.

kennedymaure

Art

Art you should instruct (or request) one of us minions (or your staff) to compile a list of radio stations that are not carrying C2C and would be good options to send facebook messages, calls or e-mails.

NC8OS

QSL :)
  BIG GUN STATION !!!

CrazyLady

I might have missed something, getting in late and all. Please forgive me if this is the case, but what does this means for us Time Travelers as far as monthly rates? I have been a Time Traveler from day1. So I guess what I am wondering is, will the fee stay the same, will new listeners pay more/less? Will we still have access to past programs?

Professor

Is the limitation on commercials still going to apply?

Art

Hmmm, I think the station that used to cover the old C2C program was 1210 AM WPHT in Philly...

Looks like a show with the same hours live as we have on the internet show
would conflict with 1. Hannity (who cares?) and 2. George Noory...

I don't listen to Coast anymore, haven't for years, but this would
undo any work done to build C2C to an extent. 

Are Art and George cooperating at all, or basically, MITD taking over?