• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

From Art Bell

Started by Art Bell, September 21, 2015, 03:42:41 PM

I smoked pot for a month one day.

Quote from: Arch Stanton on September 24, 2015, 10:24:12 AM
My name is XXXXXX, I live up in the Grass Valley area, I am 57 and have been listening to the Eagle since my days living in Rocklin going to Sierra College.

Cool beans! I used to live in Sacramento and also have several AS degrees from Sierra College.

TigerLily

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on September 24, 2015, 10:57:49 AM

Love this interpretation. Almost makes me want to go all Fundamentalist  :D

Oculary

Quote from: TigerLily on September 23, 2015, 12:07:05 PM
KLZ 560 AM Denver, CO 5KW

Excellent. I'm a local. I have know idea what radio station this is, but I'll switch to it from streaming. Does anyone know if they'll keep the MITD news? Because THAT'S THE MOST F@#$%^& AWESOME NEWS ANYWHERE EVER!

TigerLily

THIS IS A CALL TO ARMS. I just checked Art's YouTube page and almost all the "likes" on the videos are still in the single digits. It's really easy to subscribe and I "liked" all the videos in about two minutes. You guys all have two minutes for Art don't you?

Jazmunda has a link at the Official Art Bell YouTube Channel thread at the top of Page  1

Do it now. You'll feel better for it.

ShayP

Quote from: TigerLily on September 25, 2015, 01:22:21 PM
THIS IS A CALL TO ARMS. I just checked Art's YouTube page and almost all the "likes" on the videos are still in the single digits. It's really easy to subscribe and I "liked" all the videos in about two minutes. You guys all have two minutes for Art don't you?

Jazmunda has a link at the Official Art Bell YouTube Channel thread at the top of Page  1

ShayP reporting that my mission is accomplished.  Previously subscribed and now ALL videos clicked "Liked"   :)

TigerLily

Quote from: ShayP on September 25, 2015, 02:03:40 PM
ShayP reporting that my mission is accomplished.  Previously subscribed and now ALL videos clicked "Liked"   :)
SuperShayP! That's great! Can you help keep this post alive as the day goes on so more people see it? Thanks

ShayP

Quote from: TigerLily on September 25, 2015, 02:07:45 PM
SuperShayP! That's great! Can you help keep this post alive as the day goes on so more people see it? Thanks

Yes Ma'am.  I'll *BUMP* it as much as I can.  ;)  :D

Can someone post the real Art Bell page link?

Quote from: VictoriaPandora on September 25, 2015, 06:35:18 PM
For his YouTube.
Thanks. I wanted to be sure I got the correct YouTube channel.
And I'm feeling dense :P

Ms. C

Ms_C reporting in --  mission accomplished!  Subscribed to channel and clicked  'like' on each individual video.  Thanks for keeping after all of us to do this, TigerLily! 

TigerLily

Thanks you wonderful gabbers! I'm sure Art appreciates it and we all benefit from spreading the Word  8)

ShayP

**BUMP**

AppealPlay

I just mailed three stations in my market - the one non-CC/iHM talk station, an Alpha Media station because of KXL in Portland, and a classic rock station with huge coverage.  I included a copy of Art's news release and a little handwritten note.  Hopefully it helps and they aren't scared away by my serial killer penmanship! :D

I will go through the videos on the YouTube channel and like them all, too.

TigerLily

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on September 27, 2015, 07:17:18 PM
I just mailed three stations in my market - the one non-CC/iHM talk station, an Alpha Media station because of KXL in Portland, and a classic rock station with huge coverage.  I included a copy of Art's news release and a little handwritten note.  Hopefully it helps and they aren't scared away by my serial killer penmanship! :D

I will go through the videos on the YouTube channel and like them all, too.
Great Michael. You are a gentleman and a scholar. You know bad handwriting means you're a genius..or a serial killer

Robert

Let's see if I get any action here in New York from either WOR (which currently carries C2C 6 nights) or WNYM (which currently has reruns of their daytime talk programs).  I also tried a couple of stations on Charleston, SC's radio dial, one of which carries C2C, because I've a friend who's moved there & would appreciate it.  I phoned where I could (left voice mail for prog. dir.), e-mailed where I couldn't.

I'm especially interested in WNYM, which bills itself as "The Answer", i.e. the answer to WABC but also now to WOR since many of WABC's programs switched to WOR.  It's not counter-programming so much as direct competition on format.  The funny thing is that 50 yrs. ago, the station that's now WNYM, WMCA, billed themselves as "The Good Guys" in competition with the imputed bad guy "All Americans" at WABC.  Formats have changed, in fact everyone's changed, but that rivalry's still there.

rkowna

Keeping up the requests. I figure there would be a drop off after a day or two so I hit the local stations from every direction yesterday and today. I am fine with the internet show but got interesting feedback from friends. Most didnt know about dark matter. Nothing. A couple of friends heard he was coming back but couldnt find him. They were looking for him on Chicago's AM 890, WLS, Art's longtime former home.

Bottom line is that it is clear a big chunk of a potential loyal listenimg base is missing out. They dont use podcasts, they listen to pandorra, not tune in, and on demand radio lacks the allure the live over air show does. A lot of people I know drive overnights, are up late with work, and an u tapped audience is clearly out there and needs Art's program. We need Art back on the air, not just the web, this is clear after talking to friends. Motivated as many as I could to join the Million Time Traveler March.

Art

A war, eh?

Art is going to break out the Ouiji Board.

Quote from: Ms. C on September 25, 2015, 07:23:11 PM
Ms_C reporting in --  mission accomplished!  Subscribed to channel and clicked  'like' on each individual video.  Thanks for keeping after all of us to do this, TigerLily!

Thanks for the link, I will do my fair share of clicks clicky this morning.

Hautex

Quote from: lonevoice on September 25, 2015, 06:40:06 PM
https://www.youtube.com/c/artbell51

:)
Just "liked" all Art's Youtube stuff. Read it on the website already. Is there any way to do the like thing there? I'm old and tech challenged... Peace

phrodo

Quote from: gdwarner on October 04, 2015, 05:15:15 PM

Fixed!

Why didn't you put an apostrophe in "its" while you were at it. You only partially fixed it. You still have work to do.  :P