• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150818 - Father Jack Ashcraft - Live Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, August 18, 2015, 08:07:34 PM

Kevin Sorbo

Quote from: Jody Bell Ringer on August 18, 2015, 11:17:06 PM
The Bible says that all living things have souls.

Job 12:10

In whose hand is the soul of every living thing, and the breath of all mankind.

King James Version

AsaphProject

Roughly 80 percent of the things I've heard on Art's show over the past 20 years are in conflict with my personal beliefs BUT it's usually entertaining and informative nonetheless. Reminds me of The X-Files, every episode Mulder was the die-hard believer and Scully the skeptic, but in the couple episodes where Christianity was involved, Mulder was rudely skeptical and dismissive of Scully's belief. My point is, that not every show will be wormholes, NDE's, abductions, EVP's, UFO's, etc., etc... diversity is wonderful, for all involved. Just because this guy expresses his beliefs, which may conflict with yours.. so what? It' still better than the other show.

Quote from: Jody Bell Ringer on August 18, 2015, 11:17:06 PM
The Bible says that all living things have souls.

Job 12:10

In whose hand is the soul of every living thing, and the breath of all mankind.

King James Version

ChandlersDad

The nationwide gay agenda HOME DECOR INQUISITION has also invaded my home. They refuse to leave until I totally redecorate the house in a black leather and pink  curtains motif. The oppression is heavy.

the_Stranger

Art's pranking us.
At times he sounds like he's trying to go full Noory. Everyone knows you never go full Noory.

trostol

Quote from: AsaphProject on August 18, 2015, 11:18:20 PM
Roughly 80 percent of the things I've heard on Art's show over the past 20 years are in conflict with my personal beliefs BUT it's usually entertaining and informative nonetheless. Reminds me of The X-Files, every episode Mulder was the die-hard believer and Scully the skeptic, but in the couple episodes where Christianity was involved, Mulder was rudely skeptical and dismissive of Scully's belief. My point is, that not every show will be wormholes, NDE's, abductions, EVP's, UFO's, etc., etc... diversity is wonderful, for all involved. Just because this guy expresses his beliefs, which may conflict with yours.. so what? It' still better than the other show.

x-files was best with the monster of the week shows...my 2 fave shows were the one that was shot like COPS and the other was the one with the Genie

ManiacMatt

Quote from: Catportal on August 18, 2015, 11:13:55 PM
I agree with this... Churches could give people who find themselves homeless food and shelter for a few days if they need it.

Many are only one paycheck away from being homeless anyway.

Many churches would go broke if they gave food and shelter to every homeless person that came asking. Then the homeless would just move on to the next group that's giving free stuff.  I'm not defending the churches.  I just believe this to be true.

pate

I need to work on my SW antenna so I can listen to this stuff in bed, and drift off slowly into dreams of madness & Cthulu...

Quote from: The Coincidence Kid on August 18, 2015, 11:18:04 PM
If nobody calls him (literally) on the "homosexual agenda" bs in the third hour, I'm gonna be mighty disappointed.

The callers, since Art has come back, have mostly been awful. I expect the usual low quality of callers tonight.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: AsaphProject on August 18, 2015, 11:18:20 PM
Just because this guy expresses his beliefs, which may conflict with yours.. so what? It' still better than the other show.

That's certainly true, but jesus, we need a hard science guest bad to offset the long march of crazy lately. Shostak doesn't count, we need new blood.

Meister_000

American Catholicism is effectively run by ultra conservative EWTN plus their radio wings, e.g Imaculate Heart radio, and they-all  have only three causes: anti-gay, anti abortion, and anti right-to-die. Because Francis will not follow _their_ party line, they reject him.

RoseGirl

oh my...the music is soooo good. The sound! sheesh.

Textor

Quote from: ChandlersDad on August 18, 2015, 11:19:14 PM
The nationwide gay agenda HOME DECOR INQUISITION has also invaded my home. They refuse to leave until I totally redecorate the house in a black leather and pink  curtains motif. The oppression is heavy.

Oh, god no. They would actually open up the room with a nice, open floor plan and give you a lovely light blue wall coloring with navy trim that matches the new navy upholstery. You have to tie it together, man!

albrecht

Quote from: The Coincidence Kid on August 18, 2015, 11:18:04 PM
If nobody calls him (literally) on the "homosexual agenda" bs in the third hour, I'm gonna be mighty disappointed.
Yeah if anyone is into that is the the Catholics. "In the Rectory" is likely their favorite mag (was that National Lampoon or Airplane II?) But this guy isn't a Roman Catholic (or haven't you been listening?)

Kolchak

If satan is real, it doesn't necessarily follow that god is real.

Nevertheless, I'm glad to hear the guest say he can't prove either exist and then attempt to shift the burden of proof. You don't prove negatives. The burden always lies on the one making a claim.

someguy

Quote from: popple on August 18, 2015, 11:19:51 PM
I'm more worried about the GNoory Agenda.

omg is that fuckin real holy shit lmao

albrecht

Quote from: Kolchak on August 18, 2015, 11:21:19 PM
If satan is real, it doesn't necessarily follow that god is real.

Nevertheless, I'm glad to hear the guest say he can't prove either exist and then attempt to shift the burden of proof. You don't prove negatives. The burden always lies on the one making a claim.
Even been audited, personally or in your business? Then make that statement. ;)

Textor

Quote from: someguy on August 18, 2015, 11:21:44 PM

Yes, it is. There is a youtube video where Snoory stands there egging him on to do that stupid retard dance.

AppealPlay

Who cares what his academic credentials are?  Irrelevant.

Herbn-Legend

Omg he a roger christy preacher. Hez frm the Church of CANNABIS😯💨💨

pate

Quote from: popple on August 18, 2015, 11:19:51 PM
I'm more worried about the GNoory Agenda.

Is that a pordahl on the podium, or Tommee's rectum make-up (maybe it's Maybeline?)

AppealPlay

Quote from: trostol on August 18, 2015, 11:22:59 PM
this is the only Father Jack that matters

Father Ted was a great show.  Saw it on Netflix a few years ago.

popple

Quote from: someguy on August 18, 2015, 11:21:44 PM

The most embarrassing & soul shattering forced participation I've ever seen.