• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150818 - Father Jack Ashcraft - Live Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, August 18, 2015, 08:07:34 PM

NoMoreNoory

So is the Ashcraft reading the paranormal news any relation?

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: RoseGirl on August 18, 2015, 10:35:10 PM
Lol....imagine Dave interviewing this guest, he'd be asking...'so, is holy water...like, really holy'?

"Does it have a hole in it? Or a portal?"

Chine

Quote from: RoseGirl on August 18, 2015, 10:33:05 PM
I will pick it up...thanks Chine.

Rose, Sure thing! I think you'll find it very interesting.

ChandlersDad

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on August 18, 2015, 10:33:52 PM
Yep, he totally fooled Dave. I accidentally came across that guy's youtube videos once. Holy crap what a nut.

Remember when he said on C2C that any alien life would be demonic?  This made Whitley Strieber so angry that he demanded equal time on C2C to denounce the kid in his mail order monk's robe.

ShayP

Lol....imagine Dave interviewing this guest, he'd be asking...'so, is holy water...like, really holy'?

...and he would ask him where he could get some.  "Does it come bottled?"

aldousburbank

How did you first get interested in god and things like that?

Juan Cena

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on August 18, 2015, 10:25:23 PM
Oh, dear, the Dark Lord has severed his Internet connection.

Dave will do anything to stop Art

bateman

Quote from: aldousburbank on August 18, 2015, 10:36:36 PM
How did you first get interested in god and things like that?

Can angels be eeeeevil?

ChandlersDad

I am afraid his voice will lure me to sleep. Art should have had him on with the Satanist babe. That would have been fun. Debbie the Satanic Cheerleader versus the semi-catatonic make believe priest.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: ChandlersDad on August 18, 2015, 10:36:18 PM
Remember when he said on C2C that any alien life would be demonic?  This made Whitley Strieber so angry that he demanded equal time on C2C to denounce the kid in his mail order monk's robe.

Yeah. I remember thinking the whole time listening "angry latent homosexual". I thought about calling in and telling him to give all that shit up and go have some fun.

Chine

Quote from: ChandlersDad on August 18, 2015, 10:37:47 PM
I am afraid his voice will lure me to sleep. Art should have had him on with the Satanist babe. That would have been fun. Debbie the Satanic Cheerleader versus the semi-catatonic make believe priest.
That would be a hell of a show with those two together with Art.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on August 18, 2015, 10:30:11 PM
That's Eastern Catholicism which use the Orthodox/Byzantine rite. This guy is a member of the Byzantine Catholic Church, which is not in communion with Rome or the Orthodoxy. In fact, for all I know, he may be the only member.

Interesting distinction, I didn't pick up that difference in Art's read of his bio.  You might be right then, reminds me of "Father" Andrew Wingate and his ordination status.

maren

Quote from: Chine on August 18, 2015, 10:36:01 PM
Rose, Sure thing! I think you'll find it very interesting.

I think I'd find it terrifying -- even though I really don't believe in possession.  But man, all those years of Catholic indoctrination can't be erased. 

Anyone playing through any video games or have one to recommend? MITD is my time to play games and worship the volcano. I'm playing through Red Dead Redemption now.

(fucking bears)

Juan Cena

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on August 18, 2015, 10:28:47 PM
He was a divisive figure, but a sede vacantist must necessarily dump the current pope and leave the Roman Catholic Church. Martin never did that, or the Jesuits would have defrocked him. They didn't, they said he died a Jesuit in good standing.

Mel Gibson's dad was a sede vacantist, from what I recall. Also a Holocaust denier.

Bradsmith313

Francis is effecting some change. That's good. The Church needs to be more progressive.

God. I seem to remember some "ex-Jesuit" who used work with Jack Chick a long time ago. He said some wild things.

Oh great . . .demonic possessions . . . .

RoseGirl

If you lose your job and wife and everything....couldn't that also be God testing you? Like Job?

aldousburbank

Quote from: munbeam666 on August 18, 2015, 10:40:14 PM
Is Donald Trump possessed?
No. He pays people to be possessed for him. Very good people. The best people money can buy.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Uncle Duke on August 18, 2015, 10:39:13 PM
Interesting distinction, I didn't pick up that difference in Art's read of his bio.  You might be right then, reminds me of "Father" Andrew Wingate and his ordination status.

I Googled him, same situation as Wingate. Questions, questions. I guess it's just really hard to get a Catholic or Orthodox priest to talk about exorcism so they have to move to the second tier.

ChandlersDad

Quote from: munbeam666 on August 18, 2015, 10:40:14 PM
Is Donald Trump possessed?

No, he is just a spoiled 5 year old kid in a man's body.