• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Thoughts And Pics From The Road

Started by aldousburbank, November 25, 2013, 07:54:35 PM

aldousburbank

Quote from: eyenoeyeno on April 03, 2015, 08:20:53 AM
are you forcing the poor boy to listen to rush the entire ride?
Only if he's well behaved.

aldousburbank

I assume the dude is refering to Burger King

aldousburbank

Tripping around Arizona, I stopped by Arcosanti, the "City Of The Future".
https://arcosanti.org/

Apparently the future is not happening anytime soon because the place is still at 2% completion status. That's the same completeness that it was in the late '70's when I used to stop here for fresh bread from their bakery, and to hang with the cool hippie chicks who led an "alternative lifestyle", which is what our term for being weird as crap was back in the day.  ;)

aldousburbank

More Arcosanti pics.
It makes me wonder- maybe the future is stuck in the past?

cosmic hobo

I was here last week. Guess where?

onan

victoria-canada
Published March 18, 2011 at 635 × 476 in Weekend Outlook   

cosmic hobo

Yes it is Victoria, BC. Not my photo but I spent I lot of time there and was finally back there last week. Beautiful part of the world.

Daggit

aldousburbank

The Empire State building all lit up for Gay Pride day.

eyenoeyeno

Quote from: aldousburbank on June 29, 2015, 07:31:13 AM
The Empire State building all lit up for Gay Pride day.

Fuck yes!
miss/love you!

The Empire State building all glammed up with KISS on top for Gay Pride day.

(Now wait a second. Wait a gosh durned second there, Cam. That's not funny. I'm a charter member of the KISS Army.)

aldousburbank

Quote from: eyenoeyeno on June 29, 2015, 07:41:34 AM
Fuck yes!
miss/love you!
This city is not the same without you with me.  :-*

chefist

Quote from: aldousburbank on June 01, 2015, 12:37:08 PM

Apparently the future is not happening anytime soon because the place is still at 2% completion status. That's the same completeness that it was in the late '70's when I used to stop here for fresh bread from their bakery, and to hang with the cool hippie chicks who led an "alternative lifestyle", which is what our term for being weird as crap was back in the day.  ;)

Any free love?

onan

Quote from: chefist on June 29, 2015, 09:46:36 AM
Any free love?

All love is free, it is sex and arguments that get expensive.

chefist

Quote from: onan on June 29, 2015, 10:01:18 AM
All love is free, it is sex and arguments that get expensive.

True Dat! And messy!

aldousburbank

Of all the things in life which bring this hippie pleasure, sharing a smoke with a friend in Central Park is way up there near the top of the list.

Jackstar

It's cool when friends ask one to do things other than help them move, or do the dishes, or score drugs. Right on, mangs.

aldousburbank

Gay Stoner Pride Day Parade
NYC
6/28/2015

albrecht

Quote from: aldousburbank on July 07, 2015, 04:46:28 PM
Gay Stoner Pride Day Parade
NYC
6/28/2015
Classic. I would hate to see the clashing between the "straight-edge" gays who are anti-drugs. Are there any people in NYC that work or attend classes? No disparagement but NYC is the center of the world's financial empire supposedly but, yet, there always seems to be just constant protests in broad daylight which, for most people elsewhere, is when they are working, at school, dealing with children, etc. How do all these people find time to always be protesting various stuff?

eddie dean

Quote from: aldousburbank on June 01, 2015, 12:37:08 PM

Arcosanti!
I'm catching up to you Mr. Aldous Burbank. Week by week, little by little. By my estimation, we should be in the same Az place at the same Az time, soon.

Chine

Quote from: aldousburbank on July 18, 2015, 04:26:48 PM
Success! Perseverence Furthers. One must travel to see one's dreams.
Thanks (Redacted)! Such a great time!

Awesome! Yay!  Hubby and I listening now with the dogs and loving this interview! Love these photos. Hey, Aldous, what kind of coffee were you making in the background? (on GabCast right now)

aldousburbank

Quote from: Chine on July 18, 2015, 04:37:02 PM
Awesome! Yay!  Hubby and I listening now with the dogs and loving this interview! Love these photos. Hey, Aldous, what kind of coffee were you making in the background? (on GabCast right now)
Sumatran Madheling, light roast

maureen

Quote from: aldousburbank on July 18, 2015, 04:26:48 PM
Success! Perseverence Furthers. One must travel to see one's dreams.
Thanks (Redacted)! Such a great time!
For such love, respect and intelligence, thank you both!! Extremely well done!!

Aldous, it would be wonderful to hear you chat with Art!

nooropathy

Quote from: aldousburbank on July 18, 2015, 04:47:24 PM
Sumatran Madheling, light roast

I always roast my Sumatran to just before second crack...makes it more like city plus with hints of darkness but not quite there.  No oily eruptions on the beans even after several days post roasting.  It's all in what you like  :)

ksm32

Quote from: cosmic hobo on June 03, 2015, 06:22:16 PM
I was here last week. Guess where?

My birthplace. Victoria!!!!

The Days Inn is to the right of that picture correct? You are standing at about the wax museum? Perhaps none of that is there anymore and I'm completely wrong about everything?

I miss you Vickie :'(