• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Thoughts And Pics From The Road

Started by aldousburbank, November 25, 2013, 07:54:35 PM

aldousburbank

Back in the PRO Caleeforrnia for a moon. Took the fam to see our newest little niece (the 1st daughter of a couple we are very close to), Juniper. She's a sweetie. Her momz told me that on the way to meet us for dinner they were at a red light and a van next to them was bumping it obnoxious. But then the passenger, looking over at the sleeping baby in the car next to them, hurried to turn their ganstacrap down. She said she gave the dude a smile. I know, this should be in the Things That Bring Me Joy thread.

Speaking of which, The Mrs, being some kind of ancient heathen diety albeit disguised as a cute little lady, must be appeased and lured with appropriate offerings of rare or shiny things and sweets. So I stopped at a candy shop. I hope you allz don't mind if I post a few pics of what's for dessert.

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]
So good...

aldousburbank

...and good for you!
[attachimg=1]

Yeah the chocolate is pretty good, 76% cacao, plus... you know.
But really really, it's hard to beat brownies.

[attachimg=2]

aldousburbank

Still, a wise man told me, the more beautiful the goddess, the more dangerous the curves. Wait, I think it was the other way around. Anyway, that wise man was single so,
WTF were we talking about?

Oh yeah gum!
[attachimg=1]

I like gum. But I hate when you can't decide which flavor. So I bought three. Because that's one more than two and it rhymes with... anyway, hoping I have satisfied the desires of my object of infatuation and that my boots are not put outside the front door of the hogan in the morning cuz that's traditionally how these types of deities let you know your candy ain't sweet enough, yer shit ain't shining, and you better make your ass rare.

jazmunda

Can you mail them to me at:

Jazmunda
Australia

That should get to me.

aldousburbank

Quote from: jazmunda on January 11, 2014, 08:13:45 PM

Jazmunda
Australia

That should get to me.
Do I need to write that upside down? And if I mail them to summer from winter doesn't that mean they'll arrive in spring?

jazmunda

Quote from: aldousburbank on January 11, 2014, 08:16:13 PM
Do I need to write that upside down? And if I mail them to summer from winter doesn't that mean they'll arrive in spring?

If the Pope shits in the woods is she still Catholic?

onan

Quote from: jazmunda on January 11, 2014, 08:49:51 PM
Only if white smoke comes out his ass.

zeebo

Quote from: jazmunda on January 11, 2014, 08:13:45 PM

Jazmunda
Australia

That should get to me.

Actually I think you're ok with just:

Jazmunda
Southern Hemisphere

steelbot

Quote from: zeebo on January 12, 2014, 01:14:47 AM
Actually I think you're ok with just:

Jazmunda
Southern Hemisphere
if you add a subject - dick pics they get there faster I hear.  ::)

jazmunda

Last day of vacation. :(

The swells are swell.

steelbot

Quote from: jazmunda on January 14, 2014, 05:28:06 PM
Last day of vacation. :(

The swells are swell.
nice, and you two better have enjoyed that dube - that's all i'm saying, especially with that view!

jazmunda

Quote from: steelbot on January 14, 2014, 05:36:37 PM
nice, and you two better have enjoyed that dube - that's all i'm saying, especially with that view!

I'm saving the story for the GabCast. ;)

steelbot

Quote from: jazmunda on January 14, 2014, 05:44:12 PM
I'm saving the story for the GabCast. ;)
ah - well private msg me the deets LOL - and...i like that..you're waiting to tell us on a show you know you got cancelled! poor form! ;)

Quote from: jazmunda on January 11, 2014, 08:49:51 PM

The pope is in the forest, and he sees a rabbit.  He asks the rabbit, "Does shit stick to your fur?"

The rabbit replies somewhat ruefully that it does.

So the pope picks up the rabbit and wipes his ass with it.

jazmunda

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on January 14, 2014, 08:43:12 PM
The pope is in the forest, and he sees a rabbit.  He asks the rabbit, "Does shit stick to your fur?"

The rabbit replies somewhat ruefully that it does.

So the pope picks up the rabbit and wipes his ass with it.

Thanks Eddie Murphy. ;)

It's an oldie but a goodie.

Quote from: jazmunda on January 14, 2014, 08:46:56 PM
Thanks Eddie Murphy. ;)

Who's Eddie Murphy?

Oh, I get it...one of those guys you old peeps talk about.

Yah, whateva.

jazmunda

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on January 14, 2014, 08:59:08 PM
Who's Eddie Murphy?

Oh, I get it...one of those guys you old peeps talk about.

Yah, whateva.

Hack.

Just admit you stole his joke.

aldousburbank

My old friend SamIam and I rode our awesome bikes 65 miles down the American River Parkway yesterday. We do this from time to time because we're badass, studly, MFers. Seeing as we're also very "spiritual" hippies, we like to "take refuge" at churches along the way as refuge smoke breaks help ground us from being so high from riding. It's a rough life, might as well enjoy it.

[attachimg=1]

just69_98

I like the pics on here! Here is a few from my travels in and around lake Atitlan in Guatemala

eeieeyeoh

Quote from: onan on January 12, 2014, 01:11:22 AM
Only if white smoke comes out his ass.

That white smoke in winter is potential energy.

aldousburbank

Hey, forgot to post this but, a crested Saguaro in AZ. [attachimg=1]

steelbot

Quote from: eeieeyeoh on January 17, 2014, 01:53:05 PM
That white smoke in winter is potential energy.
my "white" smoke is potent!   ::)

jazmunda

Who'd have thunk it. I have a nice beach in my backyard. Well 1/2 an hour away anyways.

aldousburbank

Just back from a magical ride through the Sonoran Desert. The mom of some of my oldest, most loved friends passed away. She was elderly and ready to move on but I went back home to be with the family. Ironically, she chose the exact one year anniversary of my daughter's passing to make her escape. Her eldest son had served as minister for my daughter's babtism AND funeral and now, exactly one year later I was back in the same place. This family went through the torturous years of school together with me and their mom was kind of mine also. So the eldest daughter approached me and showed me the handwritten notes her mom had previously made regarding the memorial service she wished to have. One of the points was to choose a person to read her letter to the family and friends gathered. She asked me to do the reading. Humbled and honored I opened tge handwritten note and silently read it. I must have cried out loud for 5 minutes after that just touched by the beauty of what it said. When I was back to baseline I agreed to read it during the service, which I did and it was powerful.

As the universe would have it, it was my own momz 89th birthday. So after the service, I mounted my trusty steed and rode off into the sunset to have a birthday dinner with her.

Here's a few pics from my trip.

[attachimg=1]
Riding along the desert river, the same trails where I rode my bike growing up. It's even more fun now!

[attachimg=2]

b_dubb

Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance move over.  Here comes Aldous!

jazmunda

Quote from: aldousburbank on February 10, 2014, 03:59:44 PM
Just back from a magical ride through the Sonoran Desert. The mom of some of my oldest, most loved friends passed away. She was elderly and ready to move on but I went back home to be with the family. Ironically, she chose the exact one year anniversary of my daughter's passing to make her escape. Her eldest son had served as minister for my daughter's babtism AND funeral and now, exactly one year later I was back in the same place. This family went through the torturous years of school together with me and their mom was kind of mine also. So the eldest daughter approached me and showed me the handwritten notes her mom had previously made regarding the memorial service she wished to have. One of the points was to choose a person to read her letter to the family and friends gathered. She asked me to do the reading. Humbled and honored I opened tge handwritten note and silently read it. I must have cried out loud for 5 minutes after that just touched by the beauty of what it said. When I was back to baseline I agreed to read it during the service, which I did and it was powerful.

As the universe would have it, it was my own momz 89th birthday. So after the service, I mounted my trusty steed and rode off into the sunset to have a birthday dinner with her.

Here's a few pics from my trip.

[attachimg=1]
Riding along the desert river, the same trails where I rode my bike growing up. It's even more fun now!

[attachimg=2]

AB - sometimes your posts make me laugh hysterically that I almost pee my pants. Other times they have me welling up. This one produced a salty discharge. From my eyes you sick puppies. Yes I'm just a small penis away from growing a vagina.

ItsOver

Quote from: aldousburbank on February 10, 2014, 03:59:44 PM
Just back from a magical ride through the Sonoran Desert. The mom of some of my oldest, most loved friends passed away...

Sorry to hear about the mom of your friends passing, Aldous.  Is that the San Pedro River?  The area around there is very special, with it's "sky island" mountains and canyons.  Lots of beautiful scenery and wildlife.