• Welcome to BellGab/bellchan Archive.
 

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 07:13:24 AM

ziznak

man what happened to Nicholas Cage?  "Raising Arizona" was like the shit when I was a little kid.  It's like it was all downhill from there.

ItsOver

Quote from: ziznak on December 06, 2013, 01:01:30 PM
man what happened to Nicholas Cage?  "Raising Arizona" was like the shit when I was a little kid.  It's like it was all downhill from there.

I actually watched a bit of "Valley Girl" last week for a few laughs when it was on one of the cable channels.  His chest hair alone should have made him a Hollywood laughing stock.  Cage has always been kind of a puzzle to me. 

Quote from: ziznak on December 06, 2013, 01:01:30 PM
man what happened to Nicholas Cage?  "Raising Arizona" was like the shit when I was a little kid.  It's like it was all downhill from there.

Immediately after that movie he started doing comedy acting, interestingly I think he is unaware of the fact.

ziznak

Oh shit "valley girl" was from the same "cage era."  We gotta take a look at his imdb filmography and I'll bet we can categorize them somehow.

His tiny dreadlocks in Bangkok dangerous are quite special.

dortmunder

Quote from: wotr1 on December 06, 2013, 03:58:42 AM
For some reason it always tastes best from the little candy store in Banff right after skiing.  Same licorice, better taste.  Do you buy it bulk or in the little packets from Venco?  I always found it interesting that they do not really use table salt for the product.  Instead they use amonimum chloride to get the salty taste.  Great chemical compound that can be used to help with coughs (eat lots of them when you are sick) or can be used for fertilizer...
***I assume that it was not a joke and we really are discussing salt licorice in this thread? ;D

Yes, it wasn't a joke ;-) I get it wherever I can! But I tend to load up on it when I visit Germany. I've loved that stuff since I can remember.

Quote from: dortmunder on December 06, 2013, 02:04:01 PM
Yes, it wasn't a joke ;-) I get it wherever I can! But I tend to load up on it when I visit Germany. I've loved that stuff since I can remember.

Have you tried Salmiakki from Finland? Maybe it is the same thing you are talking about, it took some doing but I did acquire the taste.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salty_liquorice

IcicleTrepan

It's Friday..

and you know what that means.


Fri   11pm pst/2a est LIVE   After Dark w/Bryan Alvarez



georgesucks

The "other forum" change their name to http://sexyghosthunter.proboards.com/
I just had to laugh.

IcicleTrepan

Quote from: c337pilot on December 06, 2013, 04:35:42 PM
The "other forum" change their name to http://sexyghosthunter.proboards.com/
I just had to laugh.

retardedcrackwhore.com must already be taken.


b_dubb

Quote from: ItsOver on December 06, 2013, 01:07:04 PM
I actually watched a bit of "Valley Girl" last week for a few laughs when it was on one of the cable channels.  His chest hair alone should have made him a Hollywood laughing stock.  Cage has always been kind of a puzzle to me.
Coppola's nephew


Bryan Alvarez

Quote from: IcicleTrepan on December 06, 2013, 04:23:34 PM
It's Friday..

and you know what that means.


Fri   11pm pst/2a est LIVE   After Dark w/Bryan Alvarez

Hope everyone enjoys.  Two hours live including an interview with Nicholas DeLeon of @circa talking cutting edge technology, Amazon drones, self-driving cars and more, then open lines and emails.

Quote from: Jesus Undercarriage on December 06, 2013, 02:27:58 PM
Have you tried Salmiakki from Finland? Maybe it is the same thing you are talking about, it took some doing but I did acquire the taste.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salty_liquorice

Okay, I have to get in on this liquorice conversation. This is the second time liquorice has come across my window to the world in 12 hours. What is the flavored liquorice in a jar? It seems like a paste of some kind. Has anyone tried it? What does it taste like? It's Friday and I need to know.

Quote from: Jesus Undercarriage on December 06, 2013, 01:07:53 PM
Immediately after that movie he started doing comedy acting, interestingly I think he is unaware of the fact.

Con Air


urbie88

Quote from: Jesus Undercarriage on December 06, 2013, 12:16:45 PM
Touché. He is an inspiration in these dark times.


Not the beeeeeeessss no not the bees

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: Jesus Undercarriage on December 06, 2013, 01:07:53 PM
Immediately after that movie he started doing comedy acting, interestingly I think he is unaware of the fact.

His hair started to fall out. He went for one of those "hair systems."  While surgically suituring  the the snaps to his scalp, so he could attach his nice new fruity little nest to the top of his head they erroneously messed with a cew of the neuron pathways. Hence he is now a jerk.
Come to think of this may also be daves problem. Unless he just has tammy lick his scalp slap the Ronco fleck spray on hair and then tapes the nest to his head?

b_dubb

Quote from: urbie88 on December 06, 2013, 08:40:37 PM

Not the beeeeeeessss no not the bees

what's tragic is that the original Wicker Man is a masterpiece.  highly recommended

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: CantFindTVRemote on December 06, 2013, 08:06:47 PM
Okay, I have to get in on this liquorice conversation. This is the second time liquorice has come across my window to the world in 12 hours. What is the flavored liquorice in a jar? It seems like a paste of some kind. Has anyone tried it? What does it taste like? It's Friday and I need to know.
Anisette liqueur? While Marie Brizard anisette was the choice of the Gambino crime family to add to my espresso Jocko prefers the Puerto Rican type with the sugar cane stalks and rock candy in the bottom of the bottle, and of course the slight squeeze of a lemon peel just to get the slightest bit of lemon oil or essence. It is fragrant and removes the bitterness.

Quote from: Jocko Johnson on December 06, 2013, 09:01:12 PM
Anisette liqueur? While Marie Brizard anisette was the choice of the Gambino crime family to add to my espresso Jocko prefers the Puerto Rican type with the sugar cane stalks and rock candy in the bottom of the bottle, and of course the slight squeeze of a lemon peel just to get the slightest bit of lemon oil or essence. It is fragrant and removes the bitterness.

Okay, I'm an ass. I just googled what I was talking about, and although it seemed like a paste to me, it was just tightly packed flavored liquorice in a jar (Lakrids Danish liquorice). Wamp Wamp wammmpp. But hey! At least credit me with helping to grind this thread to a halt.

onan

Quote from: CantFindTVRemote on December 06, 2013, 09:16:08 PM
Okay, I'm an ass. I just googled what I was talking about, and although it seemed like a paste to me, it was just tightly packed flavored liquorice in a jar (Lakrids Danish liquorice). Wamp Wamp wammmpp. But hey! At least credit me with helping to grind this thread to a halt.

I guess you didn't read the fine print. It is obligatory to make an ass out of oneself on a weekly basis here. And we keep track... you are behind schedule, pick it up man.

Quote from: onan on December 06, 2013, 09:24:56 PM
I guess you didn't read the fine print. It is obligatory to make an ass out of oneself on a weekly basis here. And we keep track... you are behind schedule, pick it up man.

Oh, no no no. I make it up in my personal life. I get points for that, right?

jazmunda

Nothing can grind this thread to a halt. Amazingly it's a rolling stone that's gathering moss.

ItsOver

Quote from: jazmunda on December 06, 2013, 09:40:04 PM
Nothing can grind this thread to a halt. Amazingly it's a rolling stone that's gathering moss.

The thread has slowed down a little but I thought it would have stopped by now, with Art having disappeared into the sunset for the near term, at least.  This seems to be kind of a miscellaneous "go to" thread when the GNS thread just doesn't quite fit the bill.

onan

Quote from: CantFindTVRemote on December 06, 2013, 09:30:13 PM
Oh, no no no. I make it up in my personal life. I get points for that, right?

pics or it didn't happen.

onan

Quote from: ItsOver on December 06, 2013, 09:52:36 PM
The thread has slowed down a little but I thought it would have stopped by now, with Art having disappeared into the sunset for the near term, at least.  This seems to be kind of a miscellaneous "go to" thread when the GNS thread just doesn't quite fit the bill.

I think Art will send another line or two in the near term (yes vague terms).

Powered by SMFPacks Menu Editor Mod