• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

ItsOver

Quote from: zeebo on March 28, 2017, 07:44:38 PM
I couldn't sleep so caught part of the astrologer lady.  She thinks the outer planets are currently responsible for much of our political discord.  Luckily she had a good solution which is she wants everyone in government to start doing transcendental meditation.
I didn't last 15 minutes with the idiocy.  The astrologer sounded like she should be a phone sex operator or male ED potion pusher.

zeebo

Quote from: ItsOver on March 28, 2017, 07:55:53 PM
I didn't last 15 minutes with the idiocy.  The astrologer sounded like she should be a phone sex operator or male ED potion pusher.

That's the only reason I kept listening at all.   ;D

ItsOver

At least there's LMH this week.  Make the most of it since Jorch probably blesses us with another Super Suck Sunday.  I wonder if he'll break out the super lame 3 headed creature again since it'll be the day after April 1st.  That routine is cringe-worthy, even for Jorch.

ItsOver

Quote from: zeebo on March 28, 2017, 07:58:25 PM
That's the only reason I kept listening at all.   ;D
Ha!  For shame, squirrel!  No acorns for yeeewww! :))

zeebo

Quote from: ItsOver on March 28, 2017, 08:03:07 PM
At least there's LMH this week.  ...

Looks like good topics with Linda too! 8)  Unfortunately we've got to grind through the first obligatory infomercial hour.   :(

Quote from: Here We Go Again on March 28, 2017, 06:57:52 PM
Yes, but ever notice drivers only seemed to be full of "road rage" around George Noory? I can conclude why. He drives like crap, then thinks it's the fault of other drivers when he wheels around with his head up his behind.

You know George Noory! Everyone is "whacked out" around him -- but only around him. Another example of how he fails to see himself, for sure. As his producer once noted, people ONLY seem to be "whacked out" when Noory is around. When he is absent, people seem to be fine. What does that tell us? We got it.

Sumptheens go-win on out there!

albrecht

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on March 28, 2017, 08:11:07 PM

Sumptheens go-win on out there!
That photo, and others of Norry's "big events," are amazing. I like to look at the people in the background. Here we have some confused children, some bored people, and a couple who look almost angry or worried about the fat guys in the convertible cruising around what looks like some orphanage or school.

zeebo

Quote from: ItsOver on March 28, 2017, 08:22:29 PM
Jorch's Burbank parade never gets old.  :))

Somewhere in the mists of bellgab there's a version with pizza-roll tires, but I can't ever find it.

Quote from: ItsOver on March 28, 2017, 08:03:07 PMI wonder if he'll break out the super lame 3 headed creature again since it'll be the day after April 1st.  That routine is cringe-worthy, even for Jorch.
already april fool's...jeeeez, this year is just flying! wonder if the third head has rotted off since last year? guess we'll soon find out 

albrecht

Quote from: sumthinz going on on March 28, 2017, 09:03:25 PM
already april fool's...this year is just flying! wonder if the third head has rotted off since last year? guess we'll soon find out
So as of last year one of the heads had died (I think it was Bobo the black guy head.) I wonder how they are doing now? What ridiculously stupid gimmick will Norry come up with for this year? Maybe a combination Bobo behind the "secret door" or get callers to guess old tv show theme-songs or sing something to "win" some free, unread books sent in by guest's publicists cluttering up his office?

This year for April Fools, George is going to announce he's having all snack and soda vending machines removed from the building

Dateline

Ahhhh!  The ultimate April Fool's to all and to the Sewergab.  Norry will let Falkie do the first portion of the show for some reason, maybe oversnort of Tumeric.

I can hear him now!

zeebo

Just realized that first half guest tonite is Leslie Klinger.  He was on a couple years or so with George for what was a truly pointless interview.  He's an expert in gothic/horror/mystery lit. like Poe, Stoker, Lovecraft, Doyle - which was totally wasted that night.  This eve he's on talking about some legal topic instead, so I'm not interested anyway, but still... I wish he'd come on with Knapp, Schrader, or Syrett and take another chance at a real interview about that era of authors.   :-\

Quote from: zeebo on March 28, 2017, 10:02:43 PM
Just realized that first half guest tonite is Leslie Klinger.  He was on a couple years or so with George for what was a truly pointless interview.  He's an expert in gothic/horror/mystery lit. like Poe, Stoker, Lovecraft, Doyle - which was totally wasted that night.  This eve he's on talking about some legal topic instead, so I'm not interested anyway, but still... I wish he'd come on with Knapp, Schrader, or Syrett and take another chance at a real interview about that era of authors.   :-\

"I love Eddie Poe.  He did a hell of a job on Dracula.  That is one scary book.  There was a scary version of that movie made in the late 70's with Jimmy Mason and Davy Jones. "

GNS

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: zeebo on March 28, 2017, 10:02:43 PM

Yes. I had just looked at this. Discussing wrongful conviction. My first response was 'That's a Knapp subject'. Second half subject - the things people say at the ends of their lives, sometimes in unintelligible languages - should also be fascinating.  Dumb Fuck will kill them both.

zeebo

Three mins. into the discussion George as usual jumps to the end "Can we make this better?".  They hadn't even talked about what's wrong yet.  The dude has zero sense of pacing with these things. 

zeebo

Heavy and serious topic about people wrongfully incarcerated ... so George, with his masterful grasp of tone picks the perfect bumper, that's right ... the cloyingly sentimental ballad "This Magic Moment".

NoMoreNoory

On reflection, Joorch might be well-placed to deal with the second-half subject matter, given he speaks in an unintelligible language every night.
This is already painful, with Joorch leaping from non-sequitur to non-sequitur. Gems so far include:

"DNA is more prevalent now than 20 or 30 years ago."

"Was OJ wrongfully planted?"

"Everyone knows ther are a few bad apples in the bushel."

Zetaspeak

A very good topic but Jorge is just awful.

Jorge ask an for an example of a situation where they just discussed minutes earlier

zeebo

Quote from: Zetaspeak on March 29, 2017, 12:04:46 AM
...Jorge ask an for an example of a situation where they just discussed minutes earlier

This happened just the other nite, where a guest volunteered some info, then literally minutes later was asked about the exact same situation .. Why?  Because the Law of 3x5 Card Precedence.

Zetaspeak

I can't believe what I heard at the start of the second hour. Someone please confirm what I thought I hears

Jorge talks about how a supermarker had to close for a time period because a poor women murdered either in a mall or parking lot. Then somehow Jorge turned this story into an ad for his supply company he shills for, cause you never know when things shut down.

WTF, I think most people can wait a few days or go a few blocks to another store.

You poor guys. Stop torturing yourselves and listen to something good...       ;)
(approx 50 minutes)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ze4FUDsA7o

I missed who she was talking about where the guy said no, no I don't want to die and then changed his mind.  Can someone give me a name?

Quote from: 21st Century Man on March 29, 2017, 01:30:33 AM
I missed who she was talking about where the guy said no, no I don't want to die and then changed his mind.  Can someone give me a name?

Tommy?

Sam Kinnison (sp?)

zeebo

I think she was talking about the comedian Sam Kinison.  My fave quote so far tonite btw was from Bob Hope, when his wife supposedly told him she wasn't sure about his funeral arrangements:  "Surprise me."  Classic.

zeebo

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on March 28, 2017, 11:51:15 PM
On reflection, Joorch might be well-placed to deal with the second-half subject matter, given he speaks in an unintelligible language every night.
This is already painful, with Joorch leaping from non-sequitur to non-sequitur. Gems so far include:

"DNA is more prevalent now than 20 or 30 years ago."

"Was OJ wrongfully planted?"

"Everyone knows ther are a few bad apples in the bushel."

Thanks for these.  It is this kind of diligent recording of Nooryisms that keeps the GNS thread an ongoing treasure.

Ah thanks guys.  That makes sense.  Guess he was scared that he was going to the bad place since he was once a preacher and left that to become a raunchy comedian.