• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

A climate change denier who says the moon landings were a hoax/conspiracy and the Big Bang Theory is wrong. Of course he's not a climatologist or an astrophysicist. He's a civil engineer.

And he just told an untruth about Einstein, that Einstein wasn't good at math. Jorch of course bought it and chortled.

Einstein was doing calculus as a young boy. This myth that he wasn't good at math originated with a misunderstanding of German school report cards, grades were scored between 1-6, 1 was top grade, later the grading system changed to where 1 was the lowest grade and 6 the best. So it's assumed whoever started the myth had seen his 4th grade report card with 1's in math/science subjects and spread the word that Einstein was a poor student.  Here's his test for admission to the prestigious Zurich Polytechnical School, he was 2 years younger than the other students, 6's in math, physics, geometry. He wasn't admitted due to lower scores in subjects like French and zero English.

Quote from: At the stroke of midnight on August 01, 2019, 08:28:14 PM
When Snoorge finally shuffles off the moral coil, listeners and guests need never know. Guests can be live on the phone, and back in the studio audio clips of George's pat questions and responses, and also his tired old stories, can be inserted at the appropriate spots. Then Tommy can finally have a life of his own.

Easily, a soundboard of Jorchisms is all that's needed for the show to run on auto-pilot, it already does. It doesn't matter how wildly inaccurate or batshit crazy the statement a guest makes, no matter what the subject matter, Jorch can do no better than 'Jeeeeeeeze' or 'That's right' or 'That's what I thought' or 'I'm in St. Louis' or 'Do you know Billy Gibbons from ZZ Top?'.  It's terrible radio. To host a show like Coast the host should have a pretty good handle on basic science. Jorch likes to tell people about his childhood fascination with the stars, he had to be the dumbest child to know so little as an adult.

And no surprise, George didn't attend his good friend Rosemary Ellen Guiley's funeral. Maybe she didn't have one but if she did he wouldn't have attended, no way. He talked briefly about her to the 2nd guest tonight. He patted himself on the back for discovering her for his local St. Louis show and then when he began doing Coast he convinced Lisa Lyon to have her on and the rest is history.  He told the guest about the book he co-authored with Rosemary. 'I was the impetus and did the framework, she did all the leg work'

haha shameless. oh i'm sure he was the impetus as in 'Hey Rosemary I have millions of listerners. If there was a book with my name on it as the author my audience would buy it. We should write a book together, well you write the book, we'll just put my name on the cover.' He didn't do any framework, he did nothing but lend his name.

Jojo

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on August 02, 2019, 01:31:17 AM
And no surprise, George didn't attend his good friend Rosemary Ellen Guiley's funeral. Maybe she didn't have one but if she did he wouldn't have attended, no way. He talked briefly about her to the 2nd guest tonight. He patted himself on the back for discovering her for his local St. Louis show and then when he began doing Coast he convinced Lisa Lyon to have her on and the rest is history.  He told the guest about the book he co-authored with Rosemary. 'I was the impetus and did the framework, she did all the leg work'

haha shameless. oh i'm sure he was the impetus as in 'Hey Rosemary I have millions of listerners. If there was a book with my name on it as the author my audience would buy it. We should write a book together, well you write the book, we'll just put my name on the cover.' He didn't do any framework, he did nothing but lend his name.
Yeah, that was awkward tonight.  But maybe he did go to the funeral??

Jojo

Quote from: expat on August 01, 2019, 08:39:33 AM
Does everyone say TGIP at those gatherings?
What is TGIP?  Urban dict was no help.

Jojo

Quote from: Dateline on August 01, 2019, 08:06:01 AM

Don't know, I will be going to paranormal Happy Hour soon, and maybe I will find some information.
There are rules about where she served the claim.  I think it has to be filed in the area where the offense occurred.

I would hesitate to receive money from George.  A significant part of it is earned hugging on women.  If I were her, I'd want proof that the money did not come from those type of events.

Quote from: Sixteen on August 02, 2019, 05:39:29 AM
Yeah, that was awkward tonight.  But maybe he did go to the funeral??

haha no way. i'm not even sure he went to his sister's funeral. if he did I bet he was in and out of town within 36 hours.

ItsOver

Quote from: At the stroke of midnight on August 01, 2019, 08:28:14 PM
We learned last  night from the first guest that Tommy is a bully, who harangues and brow-beats guests. Imagine that!  George's reply to that statement was a tense "he he he", but one could most see him cringe, perhaps afraid Tommy would scream at him after the show. So Tommy is not  the great big gentle Teddy that Snoorge makes him out to be. Rather, he's a cranky S.O.B. , impeded in life by his great bulk, and loathing his job as the  handler of a buffoon. I hope he doesn't take out his frustration on his little dog.

George was able with his first guest to work into the conversation two of his favorite topics; the frozen head of a baseball player, and his bafflement about the Big Bang. When Snoorge finally shuffles off the moral coil, listeners and guests need never know. Guests can be live on the phone, and back in the studio audio clips of George's pat questions and responses, and also his tired old stories, can be inserted at the appropriate spots. Then Tommy can finally have a life of his own.
Why PremRad just doesn't let Jorch's contract expire and can him, is beyond me.  They could play repeats and nobody would notice.  They already play old Art shows on Saturday with SIT and some stations play old Jorch shows as a lead in to the Sunday night live show.  PremRat could save themselve a few bucks, for important things, like mist tunnels and such, and just go full-on repeats.  What a bunch of dolts.

They could do nothing but replays and the regular callers wouldn't know the difference. The minimum wage board op could just click on his Jorch soundboard when they called  'How are yeeeeeeeeeeew Annie?' 'Cornelius I was worried about you. Where have yeeeeeew been?' 

Jojo

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on August 02, 2019, 08:15:25 AM

haha no way. i'm not even sure he went to his sister's funeral. if he did I bet he was in and out of town within 36 hours.
I've wondered what state Rosemary's funeral was in.  Maybe celebrities don't publish it in the news.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Sixteen on August 02, 2019, 10:29:40 AM
I've wondered what state Rosemary's funeral was in.  Maybe celebrities don't publish it in the news.

She’s a celebrity?!

Dateline

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on August 02, 2019, 01:31:17 AM

haha shameless. oh i'm sure he was the impetus as in 'Hey Rosemary I have millions of listerners. If there was a book with my name on it as the author my audience would buy it. We should writewod his name.
Here is the real and honest backstory about that book.  Rosemary approached him about co-authoring the book.  His initial reaction was something like, "I don't have time for that because I already work at least twelve hours a day hosting and preparing  the show."  Rosemary was determined.  She agreed to do most of the work.  He did do some type of rough outline, but he was not the initiating force, Rosemary was.  Yes, a woman was the driving force.  He related this on the show. 

Dateline

Another piece of trivia about that book, was that it was announced on a Friday night that the was book was going to be published.  Rosemary was on air with him.

That was the same day that he and the Producer cornered that woman at a hotel.  A conference was going on.  Rosemary was at the conference.  Norry and the Producer stalked that woman that weekend at that conference.  Rosemary was just an attendee at the conference.

This was discussed quite deeply at one of our Paranormal Happy Hours. 

albrecht

Lately Norry has been thinking. "You remember the Andy Grifiin show?" "I couldn't get it outta my mind: who was Opie?" "Five minutes later, I mean I could've looked it up, but just I looked up at a book and there is Ron Howard! How does that happen? There are no coincidences?"

He also had a dream in which a jeweler refused to return his "gaudy" watch he gave in collateral.  Horowitz thinks maybe Norry slept-walked and put it somewhere else. I would've gone with Norry's subconsciousness knew he didn't put his watch on his dresser "as normal" and so, in his dream, it was telling him to worry about his watch and look for it. Maybe Ingo Swann keeps Norry's watch runny well, even!

Caller: ever since liver transplant he suddenly now "knows things" and he buried his dead father on his property he saw his dead father in his house "covered in fire. Did he go to hell?"

The Change Halloween theme was weird, and stupid.

Quote from: Dateline on August 02, 2019, 03:46:03 PM
Another piece of trivia about that book, was that it was announced on a Friday night that the was book was going to be published.  Rosemary was on air with him.

That was the same day that he and the Producer cornered that woman at a hotel.  A conference was going on.  Rosemary was at the conference.  Norry and the Producer stalked that woman that weekend at that conference.  Rosemary was just an attendee at the conference.

This was discussed quite deeply at one of our Paranormal Happy Hours.

Would you mind re-telling what happened that day at the conference, for those of us who have not heard the story?

Jojo

Quote from: At the stroke of midnight on August 02, 2019, 07:02:54 PM
Would you mind re-telling what happened that day at the conference, for those of us who have not heard the story?
There is no way she is a tranny, unless it were female to male.  I read some of her Godlike Productions posts and she is about as woman as a woman can get.  And suffers the economic oppression of women, too, like many of us.  Just because someone supports trannys or talks to them does not mean they are one.  Whoever started that rumor!  But she does seem racist by Yankee standards, & it's hard to picture Snorge with a racist type.  There's a big difference between Kentucky and Michigan.  How does she feel getting a settlement he earned in a large part by doting on other women?  I wouldn't take it.  If I were her, I'd rather see him do community service.  Dirty, dirty money from hugging and holding other women.  Filthy.

I can't even imagine Jorch interviewing a member of the Manson Family. He is so prissy, whether faked or real, that discussing the sex and drugs culture of the 60s would freak him out and he'd resort to asking his usual childlike banal questions. Not to mention he's anti-intellectual or just plain stupid and completely incapable of discussing complex social developments.

expat

Anybody remember which guest it was who was an Apollo denier, who Noory advised to stay away from Buzz Aldrin lest he get punched out? It was not long ago.

Jojo

Quote from: expat on August 03, 2019, 10:38:43 AM
Anybody remember which guest it was who was an Apollo denier, who Noory advised to stay away from Buzz Aldrin lest he get punched out? It was not long ago.
White male and very recent.  Wasn't his voice kind of fuzzy?  That's all I recall.

albrecht

Quote from: expat on August 03, 2019, 10:38:43 AM
Joseph A. Olson was a very recent guest. He wasn't on to deal with the Apollo conspiracy but got into it (along with almost every other conspiracy) and Norry mentioned the punching incident a few times but I wasn't paying that much attention to remember if he actually warned him. I think he might have done so. Norry was actually trying to keep him on track, a bit, to his original subject and kept saying "we will get to the Apollo 11 at the end of the segment." 

https://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2019/08/01

https://www.coasttocoastam.com/guest/Olson-Joseph-A/71822 

Jojo

Quote from: albrecht on August 03, 2019, 11:44:09 AM
Joseph A. Olson was a very recent guest. He wasn't on to deal with the Apollo conspiracy but got into it (along with almost every other conspiracy) and Norry mentioned the punching incident a few times but I wasn't paying that much attention to remember if he actually warned him. I think he might have done so. Norry was actually trying to keep him on track, a bit, to his original subject and kept saying "we will get to the Apollo 11 at the end of the segment." 

https://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2019/08/01

https://www.coasttocoastam.com/guest/Olson-Joseph-A/71822
You are Rainman!

So, um, do you remember what night GN mentioned Shelly Fabares and Donna Reed?  Or, do you remember what he said?

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on August 03, 2019, 12:52:16 AM
I can't even imagine Jorch interviewing a member of the Manson Family. He is so prissy, whether faked or real, that discussing the sex and drugs culture of the 60s would freak him out and he'd resort to asking his usual childlike banal questions. Not to mention he's anti-intellectual or just plain stupid and completely incapable of discussing complex social developments.

George would have s*** himself, had he been behind the mic when she explained how she was forced to perform oral sex on that guy.

Dateline

The Norry Chronicles

Ian said that Norry was off on assignment, but Norry was off for rest and self-reflection.  The bae was hot and so was the night.  He rolled over, not bad for a man almost seventy.  Time for sleep, but he was with a mean baby.  After some cops and robbers, Norry settled down for rest, but it did not come.  Thoughts about the memos about conspiracy sites being a terror threat jumped through his mind like sheep over the fence.  He had questions, "How would this affect Coast and the whole Norry media mogul empire?"  (To be continued)

albrecht

Quote from: Sixteen on August 03, 2019, 08:45:56 PM
You are Rainman!

So, um, do you remember what night GN mentioned Shelly Fabares and Donna Reed?  Or, do you remember what he said?
You should see me play "Jeopardy!" when watching. I really do need to get on that show.  ;)
However, in this case I don't recall. Always liked Donna Reed so surprised I missed that reference. Usually I listen to C2C on replay and usually when doing stuff in the yard, garage, etc as more background noise in my ear muffs;  so miss some things.