• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

Gd5150

Quote from: Billy Joe Mulgreavey on June 15, 2018, 03:59:50 PM
Who am I thinking of?  Eighties frontgirl who got fat?

Nell Carter?

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 15, 2018, 04:53:02 PM
Phil Collins reading his fan mail probably took less time than it takes Senda to eat a donut. Did the begging letters have a Martinez postmark perchance?

Now Sredni,

I realize you folks over there don't have a lot to be proud of, but Phil?  I'm not a huge fan of his pop stuff, but wayyy back when he was with Pete, Mike, Tony, and Steve?  Those boys had some talent now. 

SredniVashtar

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 15, 2018, 04:57:21 PM
What was the genesis of that comparison?

That's positively Nooryesque.

Asuka Langley

Quote from: Billy Joe Mulgreavey on June 15, 2018, 03:59:50 PM
OK, was looking for Belinda fat pictures...could have swore she got fat at some point.  I don't think she did.  In fact, I didn't realize that she was/is kinda cute.  Who am I thinking of?  Eighties frontgirl who got fat?

Meatloaf?

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Billy Joe Mulgreavey on June 15, 2018, 04:59:17 PM
Now Sredni,

I realize you folks over there don't have a lot to be proud of, but Phil?  I'm not a huge fan of his pop stuff, but wayyy back when he was with Pete, Mike, Tony, and Steve?  Those boys had some talent now.

Well, I'm not saying I have lost respect for - not having any in the first place - but that sort of Dad Rock never appealed to me. You probably like Dire Straits too.

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 15, 2018, 05:02:07 PM
Well, I'm not saying I have lost respect for - not having any in the first place - but that sort of Dad Rock never appealed to me. You probably like Dire Straits too.

Nope.  Rolling Stones, yes...the best.  I drive my family nuts listening to Lamb Lies Down on Broadway, Selling England, Nursery Cryme and am driving them nuts with Foxtrot today.

Gd5150

Quote from: Billy Joe Mulgreavey on June 15, 2018, 04:59:17 PM
I'm not a huge fan of his pop stuff, but wayyy back when he was with Pete, Mike, Tony, and Steve?  Those boys had some talent now.

Dude every episode of Miami Vice ended with one their girlfriends dying over a killer melancholy tune from Phil Collins. He had a nice run there in the mid 80s.

https://youtu.be/GWR_1XtBosA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3X3rKtruSg

Quote from: Gd5150 on June 15, 2018, 05:06:40 PM
Dude every episode of Miami Vice ended with one their girlfriends dying over a killer melancholy tune from Phil Collins. He had a nice run there in the mid 80s.

https://youtu.be/GWR_1XtBosA

Well, that was the finest show on television at the time.  I remember an episode that Phil was in...he played an unscrupulous game show host.  Phil certainly had the juice back then.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Billy Joe Mulgreavey on June 15, 2018, 05:08:39 PM
Well, that was the finest show on television at the time.  I remember an episode that Phil was in...he played an unscrupulous game show host.  Phil certainly had the juice back then.

I remember that. He called someone a wanker. I nearly swallowed my tongue.

Quote from: Billy Joe Mulgreavey on June 15, 2018, 05:08:39 PM

Phil is also a huge collector of Alamo memorabilia.  He probably knows more about the Alamo than most Texans on this board.  I think he was made an honorary Texan or something.  He put out a book about his Alamo collection.

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 15, 2018, 05:14:58 PM
I remember that. He called someone a wanker. I nearly swallowed my tongue.

It was definitely one of the more memorable guest appearances by a musician.  Others that appeared were Frank Zappa, Glen Frey, Little Richard, and Ted Nugent.  The only thing good about the Nugent appearance was he got blasted by Sonny.

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 15, 2018, 05:17:39 PM
Phil is also a huge collector of Alamo memorabilia.  He probably knows more about the Alamo than most Texans on this board.  I think he was made an honorary Texan or something.  He put out a book about his Alamo collection.

Yeah, that's right.  I saw something not long ago where he donated much of his collection to the museum. 

Quote from: Billy Joe Mulgreavey on June 15, 2018, 05:20:26 PM
Yeah, that's right.  I saw something not long ago where he donated much of his collection to the museum.

That's right. 

Ok, putting off chores. Better get outside before it gets dark.  Later.

Kidnostad3

SV is really not such a bad sort especially when one remembers that he is suffering from late stage spotted dick which is a venereal disease carried by animals in the weasel genus.  (How he contracted this malady is a medical mystery although some of us have a theory.)  In its advanced stages the disease manifests in increasingly delusional thought marked by a compulsion to launch into tedious defenses of failed liberal doctrine, dyspepsia and severe flatulance.   In fairness we should take this into consideration in our evaluation of his input.

Metron2267

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on June 15, 2018, 01:14:00 PM

80-90 deaths from shooting EACH day in USA.

huh?   ???

I'd rather be dead than disfigured for life - ymmv.

And as always, tools do not kill, people do.

Now go outlaw some more pen knives, maybe sporks too, stupid limey serfs!

>:(

Metron2267

Quote from: ACE of CLUBS on June 15, 2018, 02:08:27 PM
There are many pleasant Americans ....
Moron2267 is the exception .... he's just stupid, with anger issues.

Happy to acid peel your crappy makeup off too - UK style!

;D

Metron2267

Quote from: Billy Joe Mulgreavey on June 15, 2018, 02:45:31 PM

I don't hate half of the Americans in my country, I despise more than half the people on the face of this earth, you Brits included.

Only 1/2?

;D

Metron2267

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 15, 2018, 03:02:33 PM
Ban alcohol and cigarettes if you are concerned with saving lives.

Opiods too. :(

Metron2267

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 15, 2018, 03:09:48 PM
Why don't you pay attention instead of diverting? I said it's about making things safer in a practical way. You can minimise the effects of alcohol and tobacco but the point is whether you create more problems than you solve.
Minimize?

Did someone cure alcoholism and lung cancer?

Human choices kill, the implements and potions are incidental. >:(

Metron2267

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on June 15, 2018, 02:51:58 PM

Last two school shootings that made the news were FL and TX...The one in LV was Democratic too? Got it.

The Capitol shooter was.

Cope.

Kidnostad3

What kind of commie bastard doesn’t like Dire Straits?

Metron2267

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on June 15, 2018, 03:37:35 PM
All instruments of mayhem such as honed cutlery, garden tools and cricket bats must be confiscated.  Oh yeah, and bar stools not fixed to the floor too.

I think if we just remove hands things will simmer down right quick, no?

;)

Gd5150

Quote from: Billy Joe Mulgreavey on June 15, 2018, 05:19:14 PM
It was definitely one of the more memorable guest appearances by a musician.  Others that appeared were Frank Zappa, Glen Frey, Little Richard, and Ted Nugent.  The only thing good about the Nugent appearance was he got blasted by Sonny.

It’s crazy how many people were on that show before they were known.

Bruce Willis
Ving Rhaymes
Benicio Del Toro
Laurence Fishburn

Metron2267

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 15, 2018, 03:42:27 PM
Most shootings do NOT occur where gun laws are most draconian.

Your proof is?

QuoteI know because I live somewhere where you can't own a gun.

Having a LOT of shootings are you?

Cite?

QuoteGuns are different. There isn't a clear opportunity cost that you're sacrificing.

Of course there is, it's called defending life and property.

QuoteThat's why people get lost in paranoia so they can defend it. Maybe banning them is impractical but why not make them harder to obtain and make people take regular tests to keep their license?

No need to make them harder to obtain if they can in due course BE obtained.

Tests?

Why yes, just as with any good hunter safety course.

Background check too.

Basta!

QuoteWhy is the potential to cause terrible physical harm a right,

Because defending yourself with a squirt gun won't work.

Quotebut healthcare for the victim seen as a privilege?

Apples: Oranges.

Poor analogy, very poor.

Oh and...FUCK OFF!

GravitySucks

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 15, 2018, 05:17:39 PM

I think he turned most of that over to the state earlier this year.

Metron2267

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on June 15, 2018, 03:45:21 PM
Nay, nay my brother.  Self defense is a natural and constitutional right.  It is up to the individual to determine if it is a necessity as I deem it to be.  Others may decide that their worthless asses aren’t worth defending.

Amen!

:)