• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

TheErinnF YouTube Star

Started by deviant aristocrat, April 15, 2019, 10:26:44 AM

Quote from: Sixteen on June 15, 2019, 08:43:46 PM
If she is on a city street going 20mph, she can downshift into 2nd gear which makes stopping easier.  But only at low speeds, otherwise I don't know what will happen.  She should anticipate "stale green" lights and plan accordingly by not accelerating, and downshifting once she gets to 20mph.

Also, this next part is only dangerous if you aren't careful.  But, at low speeds, a very slow, tentative, slight lifting of the emergency brake can slow a car down & is better than nothing.  But don't pull too hard too fast or you lose control of the car.  It's a good move if you're almost stopped, but afraid you're going to go over the white line too far.  Gently stop yourself with the emergency brake.  I think that is what it's for.

Driving drunk is never safe no mater how careful you try to be.

Jojo

Short people and smoke alarms:  Another thing you can do is toss a 20' cord over the end of a high curtain rod.  Set part of the cord lengthwise down a wide piece of duct tape.  Apply that piece to the back of the smoke alarm (don't cover the air vents w/ tape though, just put tape on the back of the alarm like over the battery case).  Once the alarm is part of the cord, part of your new fake rope & pulley system, start pulling on the cord as the alarm goes up to the top of the curtain rod (or near the top).  Leave the alarm in that position, up there.  Until the next time you need to lower it to change the battery.  Don't let any children or pets get caught in the cord.

Manufacturers could sell smoke alarms this way, with built-in cords & pulleys so that after the alarm is installed, a ladder is never needed.  The cords could be fashionable, and not a danger to pets or children.  This would help the elderly, the disabled, and short people.

Lilith

Quote from: whoozit on June 15, 2019, 07:35:25 PM
https://youtu.be/ooTraRXyqDg
It’s a good thing Erinn is not an asshole.  I can’t imagine how much worse her behavior would be.  Obviously the vet’s office has told her they need payment as services are rendered and that they are not Erinn’s financing company.  What a self absorbed whiny cunt she is.  I really have to think about who is worse, girl George or boy Erin.

She looks a wreck, but I hope her dog gets taken care of.  Just that voice of hers would make me charge her extra if I was the vet.

Jojo

Quote from: Rally Squirrel on June 15, 2019, 08:48:55 PM
Driving drunk is never safe no mater how careful you try to be.
Right.  She could mistakenly kill people, or cats.  I really was only addressing the lack of car brakes, but you are right. 

Quote from: Sixteen on June 15, 2019, 08:39:44 PM
But a new one.  Test it to see that it works.  Loosely affix it to an end of a broom (whichever end works) with string or tape, just something loose but sticky.  Lift the broomstick up high and set the alarm on top of the highest bookcase or shelf.  Work the alarm loose from the broomstick and bring the broomstick down.  Use a step stool if those are not scary.

Alternatively, get a $10 reacher w/ suction cups.  Put thick duct tape on the back of the alarm.  Use the reacher to stick it up on a wall as high as possible.  Once it's in position, use the solid side (handle) of the reacher to push it tighter against the wall.  Rinse & repeat after humid weather.

Her mom does not want the smoke detector replaced because she wants the house to burn down.

Of course a smoke detector just warns you of fire, not prevents fire, but you know, Senda logic.

Jojo

Quote from: brig on June 15, 2019, 08:52:37 PM
She looks a wreck, but I hope her dog gets taken care of.  Just that voice of hers would make me charge her extra if I was the vet.
Some people qualify for Care Credit - She should ask the vet for an application.

Why, oh, why, does medical care have to cost so much.  In Scotland, you just go get it.  You are taken care of.

What is wrong with her dog?  There may be homeopathic solutions.

Jojo

Quote from: Rally Squirrel on June 15, 2019, 08:53:44 PM
Her mom does not want the smoke detector replaced because she wants the house to burn down.

Of course a smoke detector just warns you of fire, not prevents fire, but you know, Senda logic.
Wowsa.  This is some rabbit hole.  Welfare check on Mommy, lol.

Pizzapunch

[attachment=1]  [attachment=2]

Jojo

Smoke is often what kills, not the fire.  Something to be aware of.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Sixteen on June 15, 2019, 08:55:42 PM
Some people qualify for Care Credit - She should ask the vet for an application.

Why, oh, why, does medical care have to cost so much.  In Scotland, you just go get it.  You are taken care of.

What is wrong with her dog?  There may be homeopathic solutions.*

Vets are free in Scotland? Really?

* Sure, and if you look hard you can find seeds to grow unicorns in your garden.

Lilith

Jojo

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on June 15, 2019, 10:13:04 PM

Vets are free in Scotland? Really?

* Sure, and if you look hard you can find seeds to grow unicorns in your garden.
I was talking about taking the money out of healthcare. 

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Sixteen on June 16, 2019, 12:53:00 AM
I was talking about taking the money out of healthcare.

Still not clear on what you mean. Healthcare for humans or animals?

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on June 16, 2019, 09:52:41 AM

Still not clear on what you mean. Healthcare for humans or animals?

Don't forget, in the US it's hard to tell the difference.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 16, 2019, 10:06:49 AM

You've been to San Francisco then?

whoozit

Quote from: Sixteen on June 15, 2019, 08:53:37 PM
Right.  She could mistakenly kill people, or cats.  I really was only addressing the lack of car brakes, but you are right.
Please tell me killing a person and killing an animal are not equivalent events in your mind.

K_Dubb

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 16, 2019, 10:06:49 AM

I will let this slide since, as in the parable of the blind men and the elephant, it is clear which end of the beast you prefer to contemplate.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: K_Dubb on June 16, 2019, 11:05:15 AM
I will let this slide since, as in the parable of the blind men and the elephant, it is clear which end of the beast you prefer to contemplate.

In ordinary circumstances I'd tell you to take a long walk off a short pier but you're obviously in deep mourning for Franco Zeffirelli so these outbursts are to be expected. I can imagine you beating your little hands together in delight whenever he perpetrated another iteration of that perfumed poncery. You must feel bereft.

K_Dubb

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 16, 2019, 11:11:53 AM
In ordinary circumstances I'd tell you to take a long walk off a short pier but you're obviously in deep mourning for Franco Zeffirelli so these outbursts are to be expected. I can imagine you beating your little hands together in delight whenever he perpetrated another iteration of that perfumed poncery. You must feel bereft.

Oh my god have you seen his Turandot for the Met?  It is right out of one of Rix's old postcards.  You forget all about how silly the story is, and how fat and loathsome the leads must be under all their faux-chinoiserie.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: K_Dubb on June 16, 2019, 11:19:35 AM
Oh my god have you seen his Turandot for the Met?  It is right out of one of Rix's old postcards.  You forget all about how silly the story is, and how fat and loathsome the leads must be under all their faux-chinoiserie.

Met audiences are a breed apart. They're the only bunch who actually applaud the set.

K_Dubb

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 16, 2019, 11:21:55 AM
Met audiences are a breed apart. They're the only bunch who actually applaud the set.

Hey that is authentic to the period if you look at old pictures!  I am sure the same guy who worried about the churchbells in Tosca would appreciate it, and that if Wagner could have figured out how to sacrifice a real swan in Parsifal it would have made his day.

Lilith

I took this screenshot out of Erinns video for Bart.

Hi Bart.  :)

SredniVashtar

Quote from: K_Dubb on June 16, 2019, 11:32:44 AM
Hey that is authentic to the period if you look at old pictures!  I am sure the same guy who worried about the churchbells in Tosca would appreciate it, and that if Wagner could have figured out how to sacrifice a real swan in Parsifal it would have made his day.

The swan has always been a problem. One production I saw just threw a sheet on stage from the flies. Trying to find a convincing dragon for the Ring is another headache but these complicated sets distract from the music, all to satisfy the vulgarians in the audience who want to see all their money on stage.

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 16, 2019, 11:11:53 AM

Ah Zeffirelli.  I remember  when I was in 8th grade back in Detroit.  Our English teacher thought we were a bunch of knuckle
dragging, thugs and that we needed some culture.   So she tried to make us watch Zeffirelli's Romeo and Juliet - terrible
idea.  Quickly devolved into who could make the snarkiest remark about Ms. Hussey's ginormous breasts.   "Juliet will
never drown", "What color are Juliet's eyes?  38D".   It was a mess and she had to turn it off.

Lilith

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b05Gz9UTTXY

This live from yesterday is an hour long.  I guess I'll get some coffee, and take some time and watch it now.

K_Dubb

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 16, 2019, 12:13:18 PM
The swan has always been a problem. One production I saw just threw a sheet on stage from the flies. Trying to find a convincing dragon for the Ring is another headache but these complicated sets distract from the music, all to satisfy the vulgarians in the audience who want to see all their money on stage.

Haha behold the modern musical ascetic!  No wonder you flog yourself with tone clusters every morning.

I don't know why we insist on musical authenticity to extraordinary degrees but allow the visual arts free rein -- the effect is jarringly schizophrenic.  If you want to do that, recompose the thing for synths and a dj like Richter did with the Four Seasons (ok not quite) and I might actually be into that.  I saw I think it was Les fêtes d'Hébé which ended with beautiful garlanded nudes of both sexes prancing around in sort of modern ballet poses -- that's about all the progress I will endorse.  That is sexy, sexy music.