• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Louisiana flood woes in 2016.....where's Obama?

Started by 21st Century Man, August 18, 2016, 10:50:24 AM

Quote from: norland2424 on August 18, 2016, 02:58:50 PM
Fuck Obama

I know you're into black men but do you really have to advertise it all the time?

norland2424

Quote from: Empress on August 18, 2016, 02:59:52 PM
I know you're into black men but do you really have to advertise it all the time?

If people only saw the pm you send about poc people in the radio industry  :'(

Quote from: norland2424 on August 18, 2016, 03:01:07 PM
If people only saw the pm you send about poc people in the radio industry  :'(

lol I think your dementia is worse than Hoagland's dementia

Quote from: Original Larry on August 18, 2016, 01:24:31 PM
Obama cares about Obama. period.
Even the evil Bush at least did a flyover after Katrina.
The governor is a democrat by the way, however he is white.

My secret sources tell me Obama is planning a flyover to drop chocolate bars to the flood victims.

Quote from: Empress on August 18, 2016, 01:38:06 PM
So, let me get this straight. People are whining because Obama hasn't visited Louisiana yet? FEMA is doing their job and not making this absolute shitshow disaster like Katrina was. It's all about Obama making some appearance? Maybe, just maybe, Obama realizes how stupid appearing just for the sake of appearing is until the situation is more under control? Stay out of the way and let those you assigned, to handle these situations, do their job? Not be an unnecessary distraction that would divert resources and attention.

Obama doesn't personally get in planes and drop bombs on Daesh in Syria either. He isn't grabbing a hose and fighting the Hoagland fire out in California either. Such things would be inappropriate and not really his skill set.

This is the biggest, dumbest, whine I've seen yet. Bush was given so much shit because Michael Brown was an incompetent fool and Bush said "You're doing a heck of a job, Brownie" while the Superdome was falling apart. To even compare the two is absolutely grasping at straws. If THIS is an issue for you than it shows you really don't have much to whine about with Obama and shows just how good of a job he is actually doing.

I'm loosely quoting one of the greats here...

"What you have just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

analog kid

As a South Louisianian, who the hell cares.

And this is nowhere near as bad as Katrina, where almost 2,000 people died.

Quote from: Crash Folly on August 18, 2016, 10:22:59 PM
I'm loosely quoting one of the greats here...

"What you have just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

Aw my heart is touched. <3 Remember when you were banned for being a nazi?

Quote from: analog kid on August 18, 2016, 11:53:16 PM
As a South Louisianian, who the hell cares.

And this is nowhere near as bad as Katrina, where almost 2,000 people died.

I never said everything was as bad as Katrina.  Of course it wasn't.  However, as of now over 40,000 homes have been damaged.  Compare that to the roughly 75,000 damaged by Katrina.  Sure, Katrina has a huge lead but 40,000 is hardly insignificant.  Loss of life has been minimal, thank God.

Obama has now caved and will visit Louisiana on Tuesday.  I guess he didn't want to be shown up by Trump.  Of course he is waiting until after his vacation is over to do so.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/louisiana-governor-dont-need-visit-president-now

President Barack Obama has come under fire for declining to cut his summer vacation short to travel to flood-ravaged Louisiana, but the state’s governor said a presidential visit at this time would only cause more headaches for officials.

“It is a major ordeal, they free up the interstate for him,” Gov. John Bel Edwards (D) told MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow on Thursday. “We have to take hundreds of local first responders, police officers, sheriffs, deputies and state troopers to provide security for that type of visit.”

“I would just as soon have those people engaged in the response rather than trying to secure the president,” Bel Edwards continued. “So I’d ask him to wait, if he would, another couple weeks.”

-----

Just like I said in my post that the Bellgab Nazi whined about. ;)

Before you blindly hate our wonderful president, please pause for a moment and think about the situation fully. Stop being so emotional!

Quote from: Empress on August 19, 2016, 06:18:08 PM
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/louisiana-governor-dont-need-visit-president-now

President Barack Obama has come under fire for declining to cut his summer vacation short to travel to flood-ravaged Louisiana, but the state’s governor said a presidential visit at this time would only cause more headaches for officials.

“It is a major ordeal, they free up the interstate for him,” Gov. John Bel Edwards (D) told MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow on Thursday. “We have to take hundreds of local first responders, police officers, sheriffs, deputies and state troopers to provide security for that type of visit.”

“I would just as soon have those people engaged in the response rather than trying to secure the president,” Bel Edwards continued. “So I’d ask him to wait, if he would, another couple weeks.”

-----

Just like I said in my post that the Bellgab Nazi whined about. ;)

Before you blindly hate our wonderful president, please pause for a moment and think about the situation fully. Stop being so emotional!

That is also why Bush didn't land in Louisiana when he was flying over surveying the damage from Katrina.  The governor at the time told him not to come to New Orleans as that would be an added stress for law enforcement and other emergency responders.  I make my point.    Frankly until situations like this resolve themselves and the worst is over, a President should stay out of the picture and let state officials handle it.  All I was pointing out was the double standard.  The media was all over Bush while most of the media gave Obama a pass on this.

Quote from: 21st Century Man on August 19, 2016, 07:23:55 PM
That is also why Bush didn't land in Louisiana when he was flying over surveying the damage from Katrina.  The governor at the time told him not to come to New Orleans as that would be an added stress for law enforcement and other emergency responders.  I make my point.    Frankly until situations like this resolve themselves and the worst is over, a President should stay out of the picture and let state officials handle it.  All I was pointing out was the double standard.

Bush was criticized for Michael Brown, "You're doing a heck of a job, Brownie" and FEMA being an absolute shitshow. No one cared about Bush actually being in New Orleans or not. It was FEMA's response. Bush appointed Brown.

TigerLily

Let's throw some facts on these flames:

Louisiana Governor Praises Federal Government Response To Flooding, Asks Obama Not To Come

The Advocate: After Massive Flooding In Louisiana, Governor Said That He “Would Just As Soon [Obama] Wait A Week Or Two” To Visit. The Advocate, Louisiana’s largest daily newspaper, reported that massive flooding in Louisiana “has sparked disaster declarations for 20 parishes” and resulted in 13 deaths and damage to 40,000 homes so far. Louisiana Gov. John Bel Edwards told reporters “he’s not concerned that President Barack Obama has not yet visited Louisiana and that a visit from the president “would be a drain on resources as the state still works to respond to the flood.” Edwards added, “I would just as soon [Obama] wait a week or two.” Edwards also said he is in “near daily communication with the White House” and that the administration had “shown that the flooding is a priority for the federal government.” From the August 18 article:

Louisiana Gov. John Bel Edwards says he's not concerned that President Barack Obama has not yet visited Louisiana to see the flood crisis first-hand.

"I'm not complaining in any way about our federal partnership," Edwards said during a news conference on Thursday.

He said a visit from Obama, which would require heightened security and road closures, would be a drain on resources as the state still works to respond to the flood.

"Quite frankly, that's not something I want to go through right now," Edwards said. "I would just as soon he wait a week or two." [The Advocate, 8/18/16]

TigerLily

The office of Louisiana Gov. John Bel Edwards signaled that Donald Trump is welcome to visit Louisiana in the wake of destructive flooding, but only if he does not use it for political gain.
"Donald Trump hasn’t called the governor to inform him of his visit," a spokesman for Edwards' office said in a statement Thursday evening."We welcome him to LA but not for a photo-op. Instead we hope he’ll consider volunteering or making a sizable donation to the LA Flood Relief Fund to help the victims of the storm."

Watch Donald Trump Spend exactly 49 seconds "Helping Out" Louisiana Flood Victims

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4fGhYekm04

chefist

Quote from: 21st Century Man on August 19, 2016, 02:07:45 PM
Obama has now caved and will visit Louisiana on Tuesday.  I guess he didn't want to be shown up by Trump.  Of course he is waiting until after his vacation is over to do so.

Yea, the Dems have soiled themselves on this one...even the Ministry of Propaganda can't hide it...

TigerLily

Quote from: chefist on August 19, 2016, 08:47:28 PM
Yea, the Dems have soiled themselves on this one...even the Ministry of Propaganda can't hide it...

Do I need to repeat myself and the Governor?

Quote from: TigerLily on August 19, 2016, 08:03:54 PM
Let's throw some facts on these flames:

Louisiana Governor Praises Federal Government Response To Flooding, Asks Obama Not To Come

The Advocate: After Massive Flooding In Louisiana, Governor Said That He “Would Just As Soon [Obama] Wait A Week Or Two” To Visit. The Advocate, Louisiana’s largest daily newspaper, reported that massive flooding in Louisiana “has sparked disaster declarations for 20 parishes” and resulted in 13 deaths and damage to 40,000 homes so far. Louisiana Gov. John Bel Edwards told reporters “he’s not concerned that President Barack Obama has not yet visited Louisiana and that a visit from the president “would be a drain on resources as the state still works to respond to the flood.” Edwards added, “I would just as soon [Obama] wait a week or two.” Edwards also said he is in “near daily communication with the White House” and that the administration had “shown that the flooding is a priority for the federal government.” From the August 18 article:

Louisiana Gov. John Bel Edwards says he's not concerned that President Barack Obama has not yet visited Louisiana to see the flood crisis first-hand.

"I'm not complaining in any way about our federal partnership," Edwards said during a news conference on Thursday.

He said a visit from Obama, which would require heightened security and road closures, would be a drain on resources as the state still works to respond to the flood.

"Quite frankly, that's not something I want to go through right now," Edwards said. "I would just as soon he wait a week or two." [The Advocate, 8/18/16]

GravitySucks

Former senator (Democrat too) Mary Landrieu thought Trump's visit was a good thing and she hopes Clinton and Obama will make the trip as well.

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2016/08/19/landrieu-i-want-to-thank-mr-trump-for-coming-to-louisiana-i-hope-clinton-and-obama-will-visit/

norland2424

Both candidates should just send a big donation to the relief funds and obama should expedite federal relief aid money.

Quote from: Empress on August 19, 2016, 07:27:13 PM
Bush was criticized for Michael Brown, "You're doing a heck of a job, Brownie" and FEMA being an absolute shitshow. No one cared about Bush actually being in New Orleans or not. It was FEMA's response. Bush appointed Brown.

Yes he was criticized for Michael Brown and justifiably so; however,  he was also crucified by the media for not surveying the damage personally from the ground.  I remember more criticism regarding the latter rather than the former.   My, isn't it convenient that some people quickly forget that.

Quote from: norland2424 on August 19, 2016, 09:03:16 PM
Both candidates should just send a big donation to the relief funds and obama should expedite federal relief aid money.

Yep, that would be for the best but Hillary won't do jack.  She's too busy counting her money.

TigerLily

Quote from: GravitySucks on August 19, 2016, 08:54:39 PM
Former senator (Democrat too) Mary Landrieu thought Trump's visit was a good thing and she hopes Clinton and Obama will make the trip as well.

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2016/08/19/landrieu-i-want-to-thank-mr-trump-for-coming-to-louisiana-i-hope-clinton-and-obama-will-visit/

You devil. You know how breitbart articles impress me.  The current Governor, who is busy actually dealing with the disaster,  asked Obama not to come and asked Donald not to come for just a photo op

Edwards said “I would just as soon [Obama] wait a week or two.”  He said a visit from Obama, which would require heightened security and road closures, would be a drain on resources as the state still works to respond to the flood

"Donald Trump hasn’t called the governor to inform him of his visit," a spokesman for Edwards' office said in a statement Thursday evening."We welcome him to LA but not for a photo-op.

Don't worry. Big Daddy is showing up on Tuesday to show how much he loves all his children. Even the whiny ones

TigerLily

Quote from: 21st Century Man on August 19, 2016, 09:13:36 PM
Yes he was criticized for Michael Brown and justifiably so; however,  he was also crucified by the media for not surveying the damage personally from the ground.  I remember more criticism regarding the latter rather than the former.   My, isn't it convenient that some people quickly forget that.

He was crucified for the very slow reaction and unpreparedness of FEMA and praising Brownie for his "heck of a job"

chefist

The politically devout will even accept the murder of their own spouse in defense of their leader...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bronislava_Poskrebysheva

Quote from: TigerLily on August 19, 2016, 09:27:37 PM
He was crucified for the very slow reaction and unpreparedness of FEMA and praising Brownie for his "heck of a job"

He was crucified for both not just Michael Brown and  the FEMA response. 

I didn't particularly care for the Bush presidency but I like to be fair to him.  Yes, he should never have put Michael Brown in charge of FEMA but he never should have been criticized for surveying the damage from the air and to say that didn't happen is bullshit.

I love how the folks on here who lean to the left love to defend Hillary and Bill at any cost but if a Republican does something wrong, the same people throw the book at him or her.  Hypocrites.

GravitySucks

Quote from: TigerLily on August 19, 2016, 09:21:42 PM
You devil. You know how breitbart articles impress me.  The current Governor, who is busy actually dealing with the disaster,  asked Obama not to come and asked Donald not to come for just a photo op

Edwards said “I would just as soon [Obama] wait a week or two.”  He said a visit from Obama, which would require heightened security and road closures, would be a drain on resources as the state still works to respond to the flood

"Donald Trump hasn’t called the governor to inform him of his visit," a spokesman for Edwards' office said in a statement Thursday evening."We welcome him to LA but not for a photo-op.

Don't worry. Big Daddy is showing up on Tuesday to show how much he loves all his children. Even the whiny ones

Whatever the website link is, I think it was a very fair interview and, while I have very little respect for Landrieu, I think she did a good job in this interview.

GravitySucks

Quote from: 21st Century Man on August 19, 2016, 09:29:23 PM
He was crucified for both not just Michael Brown and  the FEMA response.

You are quite right. Even by the golfer in chief.

https://youtu.be/9X0lEbi2LHU