• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Louisiana flood woes in 2016.....where's Obama?

Started by 21st Century Man, August 18, 2016, 10:50:24 AM

I swear to God, I don't want to hear another thing about Bush's handling of Katrina after this fiasco.   It's not ok for Republicans to neglect disaster but I guess it is ok for Democrats to do so.  What a double standard.

Our Views: Vacation or not, a hurting Louisiana needs you now, President Obama

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/opinion/our_views/article_f1ce22ee-64b4-11e6-b11a-a393ff25161d.html

Another case of Obama fiddling while Rome burns.

TigerLily

Quote from: 21st Century Man on August 18, 2016, 10:50:24 AM
  I swear to God, I don't want to hear another thing about Bush's handling of Katrina after this fiasco.   It's not ok for Republicans to neglect disaster but I guess it is ok for Democrats to do so.  What a double standard.

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/opinion/our_views/article_f1ce22ee-64b4-11e6-b11a-a393ff25161d.html

Now you want your Daddy. Typical. He's busy trying to get Cap and Trade passed

Quote from: TigerLily on August 18, 2016, 11:25:50 AM
Now you want your Daddy. Typical. He's busy trying to get Cap and Trade passed

No, he is not.  He is golfing on Martha's Vineyard with his BLM homies.  Oh, my bad.  No BLM there.  Only rich, white liberals.  The elite.

Jackstar

Quote from: 21st Century Man on August 18, 2016, 11:29:27 AM
He is golfing on Martha's Vineyard with his BLM homies.

I came to this thread expecting multiple pictures of Obama golfing, and all you've brought is words. What's next for you, wearing white after Labor Day?

Quote from: Jackstar on August 18, 2016, 11:35:20 AM
I came to this thread expecting multiple pictures of Obama golfing, and all you've brought is words. What's next for you, wearing white after Labor Day?

Sorry to disappoint ya, mate.  Anybody can post a picture of Obama golfing.  That is so provincial.

Jackstar

We had a chance at greatness here, and you let it slide.

starrmtn001

Quote from: 21st Century Man on August 18, 2016, 11:29:27 AM
No, he is not.  He is golfing on Martha's Vineyard with his BLM homies.  Oh, my bad.  No BLM there.  Only rich, white liberals.  The elite.
Ironically, no mention of them helping people in the flood areas either.  Hmm.

starrmtn001

He's a hedonistic SOB.  Caring isn't his job.

TigerLily

C'mon! Where's that Libertarian, We don't need no guvmint handouts or Daddy Day Care spirit?  Hop on a plane and start bailing.  You don't see us Californians whining for Obama to do a flyover. Howzabout some prayers for us?

TigerLily

Quote from: starrmtn001 on August 18, 2016, 12:28:06 PM
He's a hedonistic SOB.  Caring isn't his job.

Speaking of hedonism. Where's Donald? Maybe he can provide some temporary shelter in Florida

Quote from: TigerLily on August 18, 2016, 12:28:37 PM
C'mon! Where's that Libertarian, We don't need no guvmint handouts or Daddy Day Care spirit?  Hop on a plane and start bailing.  You don't see us Californians whining for Obama to do a flyover. Howzabout some prayers for us?

Talk to leaders in Louisiana then.   The paper I took the editorial from is from Louisiana's largest paper.  In many ways, this disaster is on par with Katrina.  I wouldn't treat it so lightly if I were you.  How insensitive!  >:(

As for the California fires, that is par for the course out there.  Still, I do send prayers for all endangered out there. ;)

starrmtn001

Quote from: TigerLily on August 18, 2016, 12:36:42 PM
Speaking of hedonism. Where's Donald? Maybe he can provide some temporary shelter in Florida
He's probably already donated funds,etc., and just hasn't said anything.  When he does speak of his amazing accomplishments, it's to offset the slander flung at his from the other side.  Trump is the opposite of the Clinton/Obama Blowhard Machine. ;D

Obama cares about Obama. period.
Even the evil Bush at least did a flyover after Katrina.
The governor is a democrat by the way, however he is white.

So, let me get this straight. People are whining because Obama hasn't visited Louisiana yet? FEMA is doing their job and not making this absolute shitshow disaster like Katrina was. It's all about Obama making some appearance? Maybe, just maybe, Obama realizes how stupid appearing just for the sake of appearing is until the situation is more under control? Stay out of the way and let those you assigned, to handle these situations, do their job? Not be an unnecessary distraction that would divert resources and attention.

Obama doesn't personally get in planes and drop bombs on Daesh in Syria either. He isn't grabbing a hose and fighting the Hoagland fire out in California either. Such things would be inappropriate and not really his skill set.

This is the biggest, dumbest, whine I've seen yet. Bush was given so much shit because Michael Brown was an incompetent fool and Bush said "You're doing a heck of a job, Brownie" while the Superdome was falling apart. To even compare the two is absolutely grasping at straws. If THIS is an issue for you than it shows you really don't have much to whine about with Obama and shows just how good of a job he is actually doing.

TigerLily

Quote from: 21st Century Man on August 18, 2016, 01:06:57 PM
Talk to leaders in Louisiana then.   The paper I took the editorial from is from Louisiana's largest paper.  In many ways, this disaster is on par with Katrina.  I wouldn't treat it so lightly if I were you.  How insensitive!  >:(

As for the California fires, that is par for the course out there.  Still, I do send prayers for all endangered out there. ;)

Hypocrite. Now who's insensitive? #California Lives Matter

TigerLily

Quote from: starrmtn001 on August 18, 2016, 01:16:47 PM
He's probably already donated funds,etc., and just hasn't said anything.  When he does speak of his amazing accomplishments, it's to offset the slander flung at his from the other side.  Trump is the opposite of the Clinton/Obama Blowhard Machine. ;D

I find your faith in Donald disturbing.

Quote from: Empress on August 18, 2016, 01:38:06 PM
So, let me get this straight. People are whining because Obama hasn't visited Louisiana yet? FEMA is doing their job and not making this absolute shitshow disaster like Katrina was. It's all about Obama making some appearance? Maybe, just maybe, Obama realizes how stupid appearing just for the sake of appearing is until the situation is more under control? Stay out of the way and let those you assigned, to handle these situations, do their job? Not be an unnecessary distraction that would divert resources and attention.

Obama doesn't personally get in planes and drop bombs on Daesh in Syria either. He isn't grabbing a hose and fighting the Hoagland fire out in California either. Such things would be inappropriate and not really his skill set.

This is the biggest, dumbest, whine I've seen yet. Bush was given so much shit because Michael Brown was an incompetent fool and Bush said "You're doing a heck of a job, Brownie" while the Superdome was falling apart. To even compare the two is absolutely grasping at straws. If THIS is an issue for you than it shows you really don't have much to whine about with Obama and shows just how good of a job he is actually doing.

Quote from: TigerLily on August 18, 2016, 01:38:17 PM
Hypocrite. Now who's insensitive? #California Lives Matter

Of course they do.  I'm a native of that state. ;D

Quote from: 21st Century Man on August 18, 2016, 01:55:11 PM

At least you've learned to not even try to debate me anymore :)

I don't even understand why this matters to you? Shouldn't this be strictly a state issue? You're the one always going on about states rights and Federal Government overreach. If you don't like how the disaster is being handled, which is your right, whine about the Governor :) Be politically consistent!

chefist

Quote from: 21st Century Man on August 18, 2016, 10:50:24 AM

The hypocrisy is delicious...

Quote from: Empress on August 18, 2016, 02:00:27 PM
At least you've learned to not even try to debate me anymore :)

I don't even understand why this matters to you? Shouldn't this be strictly a state issue? You're the one always going on about states rights and Federal Government overreach. If you don't like how the disaster is being handled, which is your right, whine about the Governor :) Be politically consistent!

Yes, in my ideal world, it would be left to the states but unfortunately that is not the world we live in.  Even so, the federal government does have a responsibility to keep the citizens safe and secure.  It is a fundamental role outlined in our Constitution by the Founders.  That role has been given the back seat by the President and his minions.  I find it disturbing that people only bellow when the Republicans do something wrong.  Yeah, Michael Brown was an idiot and Bush could have done more but to completely excuse Obama is reprehensible.  Yeah, it is a token gesture but one that shows he cares and the devastated populace of Louisiana would appreciate it.

I have to run now and do some work but I'll catch y'all later.

Quote from: 21st Century Man on August 18, 2016, 02:11:14 PM
Yes, in my ideal world, it would be left to the states but unfortunately that is not the world we live in.  Even so, the federal government does have a responsibility to keep the citizens safe and secure.  It is a fundamental role outlined in our Constitution by the Founders.  That role has been given the back seat by the President and his minions.  I find it disturbing that people only bellow when the Republicans do something wrong.  Yeah, Michael Brown was an idiot and Bush could have done more but to completely excuse Obama is reprehensible.  Yeah, it is a token gesture but one that shows he cares and the devastated populace of Louisiana would appreciate it.

He'll visit....

And campaign for Hillary :)

GravitySucks

Quote from: Empress on August 18, 2016, 02:15:44 PM
He'll visit....

And campaign for Hillary :)

Not until he has polished off his policy for mandating how homeless shelters need to accommodate transgendered. Both of them.