• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Video Gaming

Started by trostol, December 20, 2015, 02:08:47 AM

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: trostol on December 20, 2015, 03:32:06 AM
nifty..getting games would run a small fortune

Some games are getting crazy prices now. I was at my local used video games store a couple weeks ago and I remember the clerk talking with a customer about a SNES games called Aero Fighters or something like that and saying it was going for $500 now. Yikes!!  :o

Quote from: trostol on December 20, 2015, 03:34:49 AM
ugh..i followed it..then avoided it..and she (Zoe) is going to make a killing cause she is/has wrote a book and its being made into a movie

Ah, yes. The professional victim. I heard she's consulting for Art. Too soon?  ;D

trostol

Quote from: norland2424 on December 20, 2015, 03:35:25 AM
you should look at freespace 2.

i might..i usually avoid some of those early space ones cause they really ..look awful now lol

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: trostol on December 20, 2015, 03:34:49 AM
ugh..i followed it..then avoided it..and she (Zoe) is going to make a killing cause she is/has wrote a book and its being made into a movie

I guess maybe they had a point for a brief while in the 90s mostly but now it seems retarded to make an issue of it as there are probably almost as many female gamers as male now; and if they want a more feminine experience in gaming...well, then start coding, baby! (Sorry, I know that's very cis gendered of me  :P)

trostol

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 20, 2015, 03:35:41 AM
Some games are getting crazy prices now. I was at my local used video games store a couple weeks ago and I remember the clerk talking with a customer about a SNES games called Aero Fighters or something like that and saying it was going for $500 now. Yikes!!  :o

best i got is FF3 for snes ...its like 50 bucks lol

trostol

Quote from: rekcuf on December 20, 2015, 03:38:51 AM
Ah, yes. The professional victim. I heard she's consulting for Art. Too soon?  ;D

lol maybe a touch

trostol

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 20, 2015, 03:40:50 AM
I guess maybe they had a point for a brief while in the 90s mostly but now it seems retarded to make an issue of it as there are probably almost as many female gamers as male now; and if they want a more feminine experience in gaming...well, then start coding, baby! (Sorry, I know that's very cis gendered of me  :P)

i mean i get it but it has taken it to a point of..absurdity i mean who really cares about a video game dev who had issues within the industry

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 20, 2015, 03:40:50 AM

I agree. I don't know if I'd consider causal app game users; "gamers." Candy Crush? Heh heh. Hardcore.

trostol

Quote from: rekcuf on December 20, 2015, 03:44:08 AM
I agree. I don't know if I'd consider causal app game users; "gamers." Candy Crush? Heh heh. Hardcore.

sadly that is were a lot of some companies money comes in from and they are moving too

I know, I know I'm an elitist.

trostol

Quote from: rekcuf on December 20, 2015, 03:45:46 AM
I know, I know I'm an elitists.

lol purist is a better term..

norland2424

Quote from: trostol on December 20, 2015, 03:40:25 AM
i might..i usually avoid some of those early space ones cause they really ..look awful now lol

they have been modding it for years now, when i still i had a gaming rig i used to play the shit out of it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0xL1fA09nA

Quote from: rekcuf on December 20, 2015, 03:38:51 AM

looool

The Listen and Believe is strong here.

Micro transactions sicken me.

trostol

Quote from: norland2424 on December 20, 2015, 03:46:45 AM
they have been modding it for years now, when i still i had a gaming rig i used to play the shit out of it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0xL1fA09nA

might check it out..though i have too much on my plate atm lol game wise that is

I started eating bodies to make Strong happy.

trostol

Quote from: rekcuf on December 20, 2015, 03:49:18 AM

they do suck..not a fan of season passes either and a lot of BS DLC

norland2424

Quote from: rekcuf on December 20, 2015, 03:49:18 AM

only idiots pay for that shit

zeebo

Still playing my first run-through of Fallout NV.  Most fun I've had in years. Really love this game.  It's up there with my all-time fave Deus Ex for having a great story, environment, and gameplay.  Another game I loved which has similarities to both was MGS 3 (Snake Eater) - I think that was on PS2.

I liked Skyrim but after awhile it felt kind of, I dunno, flat to me.  I want the gameplay/graphics of Skyrim, but the complex/exotic world of Morrowind.  I'm bummed since I just can't deal with the Morrowind gameplay (especially combat) so I bailed on it even though it's so cool.

I tried to get into strategy games.  Played Civ III for awhile but it always reached a point where it felt less like a game and more like tedious management. (And I got tired of all my citizens rebelling against me!)  Picked up MOO 1&2 from gog (cool retro site as trostol mentioned).  Haven't tried them yet.

Quote from: malachi.martini on December 20, 2015, 03:47:36 AM
looool

The Listen and Believe is strong here.

Hey! I want to be on the "right side of history." Sieq Hiel!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: trostol on December 20, 2015, 03:42:58 AM
i mean i get it but it has taken it to a point of..absurdity i mean who really cares about a video game dev who had issues within the industry

Yeah, it's silly because there were woman on the ground floor of the video game industry and they made some of the bigger hits like River Raid and Centipede and some of the first adventure games too. Perhaps, there's still a parity issue in terms of employment in the industry. I don't know, but people should be able to freely create whatever content they want. I think it would truly be a breakthrough in feminism for a woman to create a video game that other women found sexist.  ;)

trostol

Quote from: malachi.martini on December 20, 2015, 03:49:35 AM

lol i have been stuck using Piper but i do have a nice new iron man collection ..

norland2424

Quote from: malachi.martini on December 20, 2015, 03:49:35 AM

for me its this bastard  Mcready, hes cool when i just murder people...

trostol

Quote from: zeebo on December 20, 2015, 03:51:09 AM
Still playing my first run-through of Fallout NV.  Most fun I've had in years. Really love this game.  It's up there with my all-time fave Deus Ex for having a great story, environment, and gameplay.  Another game I loved which has similarities to both was MGS 3 (Snake Eater) - I think that was on PS2.

I liked Skyrim but after awhile it felt kind of, I dunno, flat to me.  I want the gameplay/graphics of Skyrim, but the complex/exotic world of Morrowind.  I'm bummed since I just can't deal with the Morrowind gameplay (especially combat) so I bailed on it even though it's so cool.

I tried to get into strategy games.  Played Civ III for awhile but it always reached a point where it felt less like a game and more like tedious management. (And I got tired of all my citizens rebelling against me!)  Picked up MOO 1&2 from gog (cool retro site as trostol mentioned).  Haven't tried them yet.

you should..if you are on pc..which i am guessing you are..check out nexus mods if you have..someone i believe totally redid how morrowind looks

norland2424

how is your new vegas run going anyway?

trostol

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 20, 2015, 03:51:33 AM
Yeah, it's silly because there were woman on the ground floor of the video game industry and they made some of the bigger hits like River Raid and Centipede and some of the first adventure games too. Perhaps, there's still a parity issue in terms of employment in the industry. I don't know, but people should be able to freely create whatever content they want. I think it would truly be a breakthrough in feminism for a woman to create a video game that other women found sexist.  ;)

i have seen a lot of ladies involved with some of the bigger titles these days..

Quote from: trostol on December 20, 2015, 03:50:02 AM
they do suck..not a fan of season passes either and a lot of BS DLC

Ugh... Day one DLC. The disaster that was Destiny. WTF happened to bungie?

Coffeeman

Still playing my first run-through of Fallout NV.  Most fun I've had in years. Really love this game.  It's up there with my all-time fave Deus Ex for having a great story, environment, and gameplay.

I've sunk more hours than I care to admit into NV. I really liked Obsidian for awhile. They made another one called Alpha Protocol that wasn't to everyone's liking, but it was pretty dynamic game anyway.

trostol

Quote from: rekcuf on December 20, 2015, 03:56:13 AM
Ugh... Day one DLC. The disaster that was Destiny. WTF happened to bungie?

tons of money went to their head...