• Welcome to BellGab/bellchan Archive.
 

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 11, 2015, 11:13:40 PM



chefist

Quote from: albrecht on May 06, 2018, 04:40:22 PM
Those, and Pearl*, are/were the mainstays but now there are so many micro, craft, etc brewers and wineries (and now distillers) that it is getting a bit insane. There used to be a beer called "Texas Pride" that was cheap, but I haven't seen it around for decades.

* It is not uncommon to see beers named after the towns where they were brewed. For example, Texas' own Shiner is brewed in Shiner, Texas.[51] So, seeing a local brewery name a beer after the town or city is pretty common. However, what is not common is a town named after a beer. That is exactly what happened, though, in Texas with Pearl. In a small community just west of Yoakum, Texas, a small store had the highest Pearl beer single-point sales for a number of years prior to Prohibition.[52] Walter G. Hagens' general store was the focal point of the community, and it had sold Pearl’s beers by the truckload and still sold a rather large volume of the Prohibition-era nonalcohol Pearl. The idea to name the town after Pearl was concocted by Hagens and the local Pearl distributor, R. J. Eslinger.[53] In 1942, the motion passed and the German/Czech town became known as Pearl City

That's interesting history...the alcohol scene before prohibition was pretty wild... Missouri produced more wine than California...

El Chorro

Quote from: mv on May 06, 2018, 04:51:57 PM
oof.

I'm so impressed how they managed to 'Shop a shower curtain into Art and Heather's studio.

chefist

Quote from: Robert on May 06, 2018, 04:44:03 PM
Do I get a break?  I got sick over a week ago, hospitalized a few days w parainfluenza B (probably type 3, given the spring peak in incidence) bronchiolitis, setting off my asthma, the treatment for which sent me into atrial fibrill'n & almost into significant hyperglycemia.  Feh.  Probably caught from one of my students -- bet it was one w a young child.  Still going to take a while to get over, then must resume some delayed work.

Sorry to hear that... hope you get better soon. My daughter had the B strain...nasty mutation

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 06, 2018, 04:45:54 PM
This is the only new development I can think of since Meltdown In The Desert

https://artbelllegacy.com/

LOL! thanks, buddy.

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on May 06, 2018, 04:49:49 PM
Enjoy the submerging artists!
MV, praise him, should submit his MITD bumper music parody songs to Norry to play!!

Bart Ell

It is a time for new beginnings.
To pick up the pieces.
Whose to say who's heart should stay broken?
It is a new day.
Let the healing begin.


ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on May 06, 2018, 04:57:45 PM
MV, praise him, should submit his MITD bumper music parody songs to Norry to play!!
Ha, ha, ha... I was thinking the same thing.  Gnoory might have a stroke. ;)

Mels-hole1984

So is there basis for this rumor of Schrader taking over? I hope not.  I can't stand his pretentious way of asking questions. The only logical choice would be Ian Punnet.

HumanBeing

Quote from: Roswells, Art on May 06, 2018, 04:18:49 PM
I think his behavior after Art's death was appropriate and him being emotional when he eventually broke the news seemed sincere.*

That said, yeah, its a disappointment, every time he posts here all his shit talkers roll over to get their belly rubbed by him.

*But I believed the stalker story for a few months too.

I really haven't given his reaction to Art's death a whole lot of thought. I'll have to listen to it again sometime.
But I think after he announced Art's death on C2C one of the next things he said was how Art and him were not close and had differences but he wouldn't be where he is now if it weren't for Art.  True statement, but he thought of himself right away. The emotion was because he realized how lucky he was to inherit what Art built and reap the benefits and rewards.
As for the belly rubs. I noticed  ::) The giddiness was afoot.


El Chorro

Quote from: Bart Ell on May 06, 2018, 05:00:36 PM
It is a time for new beginnings.
To pick up the pieces.
Whose to say who's heart should stay broken?
It is a new day.
Let the healing begin.



You deserve it. You managed to work in double-who's/whose typos. That cements his legacy for sure.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Roswells, Art on May 06, 2018, 03:24:10 PM
It's hard to believe that the guy that did such great radio for so many years looked like that. I was surprised the first time I saw a picture of him.

Interesting to see how people react so differently to things.  The first time I saw Art's photo, probably in 1995, he looked exactly as I'd imagined him.

albrecht

Quote from: chefist on May 06, 2018, 04:54:00 PM
That's interesting history...the alcohol scene before prohibition was pretty wild... Missouri produced more wine than California...
Really, that is weird about the wine. If you wonder why they drank so much beer there..... I like how in the old days towns would try to capitalize on some brand, trend, or person and rename the town after them/it. There is a Rockne, TX nearby and they renamed the town (school children held the election) after the famous coach after he died and in hopes it would attract people during the Depression.

Sean92008

Gotta hand it to Gnoory though.  He's monitized C2C in a way that is really modern.  It's immersive, from dating "your own kind" to in-person lunches, theater events, the video productions too.

The great interviews need a ton of research and he hasn't time for that but he really doesn't need to because his core audience doesn't demand it. (work smarter, not harder)

The biggest thing in my eyes is he shows up to work if he isn't left alone with a microwave.  He's no quitter.

Art failed us, not George "Dave" Noory.  Art failed us multiple times and look at the mess he dragged into our transom...  Heather Leona Wade.  Enough said!


MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Gnoory on May 06, 2018, 03:34:25 PM
Hope you Bellgabbers are well....its been an unbelievable few weeks to say the least.

Heather is finally getting national attention in the radio business!  Art knew she could do it.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: chefist on May 06, 2018, 03:38:12 PM
So was The Nighthawk...used to listen to it.

Me too. I well remember George before C2C local in St. Louis. As I recall, 550 AM.


chefist

Quote from: albrecht on May 06, 2018, 05:04:26 PM
Really, that is weird about the wine. If you wonder why they drank so much beer there..... I like how in the old days towns would try to capitalize on some brand, trend, or person and rename the town after them/it. There is a Rockne, TX nearby and they renamed the town (school children held the election) after the famous coach after he died and in hopes it would attract people during the Depression.


Odd names out here in the West...if you ever run across a "Sweet Water", or "Cool Springs", rest assured it had no sweet or cool water at all. Ha.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Gnoory on May 06, 2018, 03:34:25 PM
Hope you Bellgabbers are well....its been an unbelievable few weeks to say the least.

By the way, you have my permission to play "In Nye" or "Don't Treat Keith This Way" on Coast to Coast.  I am an "emerging artist."  Good day, sir.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: mv on May 06, 2018, 05:05:58 PM
Heather is finally getting national attention in the radio business!  Art knew she could do it.


Patty Hearst got national attention too.

chefist

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on May 06, 2018, 05:06:20 PM
Me too. I well remember George before C2C local in St. Louis. As I recall, 550 AM.

That's right...it was KNST I think...then turned country...Frank O'Pinion...ha...wow, memories there, man...

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Gnoory on May 06, 2018, 03:39:14 PM
I wish we could have done more. Art, despite our differences, was a genius.
We are proceeding with MV's idea of the AB Vault...takes tons of work but itll happen...most likely for all coast insiders

I'll sub.

ItsOver

Quote from: mv on May 06, 2018, 05:08:49 PM
By the way, you have my permission to play "In Nye" or "Don't Treat Keith This Way" on Coast to Coast.  I am an "emerging artist."  Good day, sir.
Heh, heh, heh.  Praise MV.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: mv on May 06, 2018, 05:05:58 PM
Heather is finally getting national attention in the radio business!  Art knew she could do it.
No one said it was good attention. Lol.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: mv on May 06, 2018, 05:08:49 PM
By the way, you have my permission to play "In Nye" or "Don't Treat Keith This Way" on Coast to Coast.  I am an "emerging artist."  Good day, sir.



Sean92008

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 06, 2018, 05:10:43 PM
No one said it was good attention. Lol.
I had a girlfriend who enjoyed it "that way.". PBS, get with it, everybody is doing it. Spanking, corporal punishment, choking...

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Mels-hole1984 on May 06, 2018, 05:11:49 PM


The betrayal begins! I think its time for a mutiny.

We're nothing to him... We got him to where he is now and then he drops us like a hot brick..  :'(

Powered by SMFPacks Menu Editor Mod