• Welcome to BellGab/bellchan Archive.
 

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 11, 2015, 11:13:40 PM

yoursongs

Quote from: Sean92008 on May 06, 2018, 01:25:24 PM
I've done my share of photography as all really horny guys do...  The photographer can minimize the amount of ugly by doing a lot of things.  Feigning lust is a trick that helps. I worked with a singer whose who's weight got out of hand and I just picked the attractive parts (eyes & cleavage) and focused the photos to those zones. 

With that said, Heather either had a bad photog or we got the best of her.  Troll-faced, Adam's-appled with semi-long hair (that should have had more sun on it).

Ann Wilson?


Sean92008

Quote from: yoursongs on May 06, 2018, 01:18:29 PM
Do you think MITD had any more than 500 paid subs?  At 500 that's only 2500 a month gross. (4.99 subs like she claimed).  The mortgage on the cuckshed (if not an outright gift) is probably around 800.00 a month.  Keith and whoever take their cut of course.  How would that ever sustain?  It would be interesting if someone knew the number of paid subs.
I heard Falkie reported $10k/mo for Heather...  2000 subs +. Those AB repeat nights were doing around 2k streaming peak...


Sean92008

Quote from: Bart Ell on May 06, 2018, 01:30:00 PM
Vince Neil

One of Vince's PAs was a client of mine.  He drove up in some really nice Suburban-truck/SUV thing...  The dude just had a baby with his wife/fiancee and Vince gave it to him so they'd be safe driving around.

Cool move.

Bart Ell

Quote from: Sean92008 on May 06, 2018, 01:35:05 PM
One of Vince's PAs was a client of mine.  He drove up in some really nice Suburban-truck/SUV thing...  The dude just had a baby with his wife/fiancee and Vince gave it to him so they'd be safe driving around.

Cool move.

Vince Neil killed a friend of mine when he drove drunk.

Dick move.

Sean92008

Quote from: yoursongs on May 06, 2018, 01:27:51 PM
Ann Wilson?
No, but I wouldn't have minded doing her.  Anything to get closer to Nancy's husband for networking purposes. 

Fast Times was based on Clairemont High School... Not my alma mater, but in the area.

dan7800

Quote from: Sean92008 on May 06, 2018, 01:31:44 PM
I heard Falkie reported $10k/mo for Heather...  2000 subs +. Those AB repeat nights were doing around 2k streaming peak...


The numbers were obviously WAY down with Heather, but the DMRN was typically one of the trending stations on Tune-In. They must have had a decent amount of listeners.

IDK about TTs

Sean92008

Quote from: Bart Ell on May 06, 2018, 01:37:54 PM
Vince Neil killed a friend of mine when he drove drunk.

Dick move.

And his only friend at court for him was Robert Sweet.  Yeah, that really worked getting him to Christ.


ItsOver

Quote from: Rico999 on May 06, 2018, 12:18:39 PM
Exactly.  Heather's going to have to learn to do promotional work -- like conventions, meet-and-greets, conferences and the like to grow her fan base.  And for crying out loud, replace that old photo with some decent publicity shots.  Hiring a good manager couldn't hurt.
Please tell me she's not going to have to start singing, too.  MV's busy enough, I don't think he wants to start giving lessons.

Pizzapunch

After clicking on the profiles of a small cross section of Heather wade fans on Facebook. I think I feel sorry for them, they live sad lives and I think she is the only acceptance they find. They haven't made the connection that she is preying on them

yoursongs

Quote from: Sean92008 on May 06, 2018, 01:31:44 PM
I heard Falkie reported $10k/mo for Heather...  2000 subs +. Those AB repeat nights were doing around 2k streaming peak...

The 2k streaming would only mean 2k listening, correct.  What percentage of listeners are actually subs

Kolchak

Quote from: yoursongs on May 06, 2018, 01:42:23 PM
What percentage of listeners are actually subs

That's the question.

Sean92008

Quote from: yoursongs on May 06, 2018, 01:42:23 PM
The 2k streaming would only mean 2k listening, correct.  What percentage of listeners are actually subs
Time travelers could add listenership.  I was basing it on Falkie...  I wish Keith would report numbers but advertisers might want refunds.

a is jump

I've spent too long reading posts on the fan groups this weekend. I feel like my brain is going to fall out of my skull.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Sean92008 on May 06, 2018, 01:25:24 PM
I've done my share of photography as all really horny guys do...  The photographer can minimize the amount of ugly by doing a lot of things.  Feigning lust is a trick that helps. I worked with a singer whose who's weight got out of hand and I just picked the attractive parts (eyes & cleavage) and focused the photos to those zones. 

With that said, Heather either had a bad photog or we got the best of her.  Troll-faced, Adam's-appled with semi-long hair (that should have had more sun on it).

Drinking a couple glasses of water a few hours before the photo was taken couldn't have hurt either.

Catsmile

Quote from: SredniVashtar on May 06, 2018, 09:54:23 AM
I think I speak for us all when I say i'm glad you keep your hypotheticals hidden. In case you were planning to show them in your next photo.

# Keep The Ironic Coif Of Your Ironic Merkin 2 UrSelf, Please.
# I Bet It's a Curly Fade Man Bun Thing.
# CoxWigPics


AZZERAE

Quote from: username on May 06, 2018, 12:28:08 PM
He seems to lack a sense of humor like most people.

You do know Keith is a fundamentalist Christian, right? Art mentioned it in one of his introductory monologues on Coast to Coast way back when.


Sean92008

Quote from: Roswells, Art on May 06, 2018, 01:50:44 PM
Drinking a couple glasses of water a few hours before the photo was taken couldn't have hurt either.
Great point...  Anything to plump up the flesh.

zeebo

I have to roll my eyes at HW's appeal for input about guests & topics etc.  This whole idea that "we're all in this together" and "the fans really make the show".  What a laugh.  I remember sending her a long list back when I thought I'd do what I could to help, which went nowhere. 

Same as when we all tried to suggest bumper music for Art in some thread here - hell, he just went back to all his old songs.  How about on the GNS thread when very big-hearted people (and dolphins) tried to good-naturedly help Noory improve the show? 

In the end, a host is a host, and they're gonna do the show they want to do, with their guests and topics and music.  So let's just drop this phony idea that the fans have much influence at all.  Although, in this case, I would be curious what suggestions would come from that group of delusional MITD superfans.

AZZERAE

Quote from: Pizzapunch on May 06, 2018, 01:42:18 PM
After clicking on the profiles of a small cross section of Heather wade fans on Facebook. I think I feel sorry for them, they live sad lives and I think she is the only acceptance they find. They haven't made the connection that she is preying on them

As terrible as Heather is, she'll retain an audience of sycophantic gladhanders, sympathetic ears, "paranormal" junkies and people who'll always listen with the hope that she'll get better eventually...she never will, but that won't stop her base from being there, no matter its size. This woman will continue putting bread on the table and meat in the pot off the death of Art Bell and all the anecdotes she'll give glimpses of and laud over all who tune in forevermore.

DynamoHum

I can’t see how she is going to get a subscription service with access to archives up quickly. I have feeling there’s going to be a subscription service and a lot of promises then a hasty disappearing act - another stalker perhaps? Oh and of course no refunds and a lot of unhappy ripped off people. I half hope I am wrong.

zeebo

Quote from: yoursongs on May 06, 2018, 01:18:29 PM
... The mortgage on the cuckshed (if not an outright gift) is probably around 800.00 a month.  ...

Don't forget minor repairs and mousetraps.

ItsOver

Quote from: a is jump on May 06, 2018, 10:48:35 AM
Here we go...
[attachment=1,msg1202627]
Begin the blitz and pass the Schlitz.


ShayP

Quote from: zeebo on May 06, 2018, 01:58:58 PM
I have to roll my eyes at HW's appeal for input about guests & topics etc.  This whole idea that "we're all in this together" and "the fans really make the show".  What a laugh.  I remember sending her a long list back when I thought I'd do what I could to help, which went nowhere. 

Same as when we all tried to suggest bumper music for Art in some thread here - hell, he just went back to all his old songs.  How about on the GNS thread when very big-hearted people (and dolphins) tried to good-naturedly help Noory improve the show? 

In the end, a host is a host, and they're gonna do the show they want to do, with their guests and topics and music.  So let's just drop this phony idea that the fans have much influence at all.  Although, in this case, I would be curious what suggestions would come from that group of delusional MITD superfans.

Great post zeebo.  However, callers can make the show.  Annie, Corny, and the usual gang of suspects allow Noory to work less, fill air time, and not be challenged.  Heather will have her group of ass kissers who do the same.  You are right though.  A host is a host and they, ultimately, will do whatever they want.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Azzerae on May 06, 2018, 01:53:02 PM
You do know Keith is a fundamentalist Christian, right? Art mentioned it in one of his introductory monologues on Coast to Coast way back when.

I wasn't 100% certain if that were true, now it makes sense.

Kolchak

Quote from: zeebo on May 06, 2018, 01:58:58 PM
I have to roll my eyes at HW's appeal for input about guests & topics etc.  This whole idea that "we're all in this together" and "the fans really make the show".  What a laugh.  I remember sending her a long list back when I thought I'd do what I could to help, which went nowhere. 

Early on when she asked for Scientology leads I suggested Tory Christman, a former high-ranking member who runs a youtube channel speaking out against the church. She's very knowledgable, pleasant to listen to and witty to boot. Her contact information is out there, and she's easily accessible.

I assume this suggestion was just ignored, because they ultimately got some no-name interviews instead.

dsz

Quote from: zeebo on May 06, 2018, 01:58:58 PM
I have to roll my eyes at HW's appeal for input about guests & topics etc.  This whole idea that "we're all in this together" and "the fans really make the show".  What a laugh.  I remember sending her a long list back when I thought I'd do what I could to help, which went nowhere. 

Same as when we all tried to suggest bumper music for Art in some thread here - hell, he just went back to all his old songs.  How about on the GNS thread when very big-hearted people (and dolphins) tried to good-naturedly help Noory improve the show? 

In the end, a host is a host, and they're gonna do the show they want to do, with their guests and topics and music.  So let's just drop this phony idea that the fans have much influence at all.  Although, in this case, I would be curious what suggestions would come from that group of delusional MITD superfans.

Exactly. Fans will email and FB Clyde show and guest ideas and 1/50 times he'll do a show on it and the rest of the time he will get hostile about how he doesn't like people trying to run his show. I think out of all of them I listen to JBW is a little more open to such suggestions but he can be stubborn as hell too.

Powered by SMFPacks Menu Editor Mod