• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151113 - Terrorism in Paris - Open Lines - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by jazmunda, November 13, 2015, 09:06:28 PM

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: VtaGeezer on November 14, 2015, 12:09:06 AM
Going into Iraq was the first mistake.  The 2nd and greater one was Cheney thinking Iraq would be transformed into a dusty Indiana six months after conquest.

Bush was mostly naive.  I remember him saying we needed to "spread democracy" in the Mideast, as if it were as easy as laying down peanut butter on toast. You can't shove democracy (or peanut butter) down people's throat.

bateman

From insightful geopolitical analysis to "GIT THAT MUSLIM OUTTA THE WHITE HOUSE."

Yep, it's open lines.

Zzzzillion

Quote from: ASC on November 14, 2015, 12:19:06 AM
"get that muslim out of the white house"

I don't like him either, but show the man some respect.

Horrible president, but yes, I'm with you on this.

pyewacket

Quote from: Uncle Duke on November 14, 2015, 12:12:37 AM
Heather--

Would love to hear Mr Batchelor on as a monthly guest with Art.  He's bright, articluate, and knows his way around a microphone.

I totally agree- it's refreshing to hear someone of this calibre on with Art.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: swordpoint9 on November 14, 2015, 12:10:02 AM
I don't know but somehow 300,000 tons of Yellow cake  went to Canada to be destroyed. Syria had a large amount of stuff too  LOL
Saddam had a reactor until the Israelis trashed it.  But uranium yellowcake is a long long way from being a nuclear weapon, especially when Saddam couldn't replace the source in an x-ray unit without setting off radiation alarms in the Pentagon.

Dr. MD MD

A blessing of mega dildos to all!
In the name of the Art, the Hoax and the Holy Covenant of Bellgab, peace be with you all on this sad night.

:(

P.S. Sorry if this is duplicated. This is my first post.

Zenman

Quote from: Darth Sandra on November 14, 2015, 12:16:37 AM
At times like this I am reminded of just how radically different my views are from a lot of yours. I love all of you but geez we are so far apart lol. And not in the usual joking manner!

At least we all agree that Saudi Arabia is horrible!

+1   :)

Ciardelo

"yeah I listen to these Republicans"

I don't know if I can hang with the OL tonight.

Meister_000

Quote from: Rix Gins on November 14, 2015, 12:18:01 AM
I wonder if there were people in France warning of stuff such as this happening.  I bet there was, but it would have been an easy call to make what with the state of the world and all.  Kind of reminds me of The Walking Dead, current season.  Rick walks into the Alexandria housing complex and tells the residents that they are blind to whats happening outside the walls...that they would be in for a world of hurt unless they toughen up and assume a kick ass approach to things.

The French are all too aware (on a daily basis) of their "Muslim Problem".

Ms. C

Quote from: bateman on November 14, 2015, 12:21:52 AM
From insightful geopolitical analysis to "GIT THAT MUSLIM OUTTA THE WHITE HOUSE."

Yep, it's open lines.
+1
Yup, I noticed that too.

albrecht

Quote from: trostol on November 14, 2015, 12:20:48 AM
should have never broken up the Ottoman Empire
Well worse bring into NATO and the Cyprus stuff!!! But who cares? Nobody wants to talk about Greek, Armenian, etc genocides.....because Muslims did it so, because Turks are NATO!

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on November 14, 2015, 12:21:20 AM
Bush was mostly naive.  I remember him saying we needed to "spread democracy" in the Mideast, as if it were as easy as laying down peanut butter on toast. You can't shove democracy (or peanut butter) down people's throat.

You guys are both waaay off.  They did it for the money.  And the power.  Plain and simple.

Ciardelo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 14, 2015, 12:23:35 AM
In the name of the Art, the Hoax and the Holy Covenant of Bellgab, peace be with you all on this sad night.

The mega dildos are in Hoaxland's thread. Welcome to BellGab! Post often.

Lilith

Welcome to bellgab!  Post often!

Dr. MD MD

Guys, I'm torn. I don't know what to fear more: the terrorists or the inevitable fascist police state that will be the result of trying to defeat them.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 14, 2015, 12:26:19 AM
Guys, I'm torn. I don't know what to fear more: the terrorists or the inevitable fascist police state that will be the result of trying to defeat them.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Who is "they"?

And if it turns out to be home grown Muslim terrorism. What does Art suggest? Going into French Muslim neighborhoods and killing everyone? Nuking them? Where do you put the boots on the ground?

I haven't heard Art mention Saudi Arabia once tonight. There?

maren

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on November 14, 2015, 12:24:52 AM
You guys are both waaay off.  They did it for the money.  And the power.  Plain and simple.

For the oil.  It's always the fucking oil. 

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Ciardelo on November 14, 2015, 12:25:22 AM
The mega dildos are in Hoaxland's thread. Welcome to BellGab! Post often.

Mega dildos are universal ;)

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 14, 2015, 12:26:19 AM

Welcome to Bellgab! Agreed 100%

starrmtn001

Greetings Dr. MD MD, and welcome to BellGab.  Enjoy yourself and post frequently. ;)