• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151110 - Jim Elvidge - Digital Simulated Reality - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by jazmunda, November 10, 2015, 04:40:50 PM

Art always gets the distance to Tabby's Star wrong by a couple orders of magnitude.

maren

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on November 10, 2015, 11:02:46 PM
I was missing you in the RCH thread.

I haven't been THERE in even longer!  I hope I'm still awake tonight because I miss THERE, too! 

ZomZom

Even if Tabby's Star isn't populated by aliens the dimming we're seeing is interesting.

trostol

Quote from: maren on November 10, 2015, 11:05:19 PM
I haven't been THERE in even longer!  I hope I'm still awake tonight because I miss THERE, too!

honestly..aside from the vaguely loveable freaks..you havent missed much

We've got a very fragile ecosystem in there.

maren

Quote from: coaster on November 10, 2015, 10:58:45 PM
Looks like a good one tonight.

Hi, coaster -- I agree.  It's been easy to skip the most recent shows (and go to bed like I should do EVERY night) but this one sucked me in. 

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: ZomZom on November 10, 2015, 11:05:33 PM
Even if Tabby's Star isn't populated by aliens the dimming we're seeing is interesting.

Whatever it is, it's certainly something we've never seen before.

AppealPlay

I don't want to live in the matrix, guys.  Can one of you unplug me, please?  Thanks!

trostol

so..if we are the Sims..who ever is controlling me had given me a crappy life lol

ZomZom

Best argument for us being in a simulation I've heard is that there can be many simulations but only one real universe, so strictly by the numbers we're more likely to be in a simulation than not.

FLLFlash

Quote from: trostol on November 10, 2015, 11:08:18 PM
so..if we are the Sims..who ever is controlling me had given me a crappy life lol

Me too. They could do much better for me.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on November 10, 2015, 11:08:00 PM
I don't want to live in the matrix, guys.  Can one of you unplug me, please?  Thanks!

Sure you do. If it is a matrix then it validates that there is, in fact, a god. It also means that all religions are simultaneously correct because they were programmed into the simulation by god.

maren

Quote from: trostol on November 10, 2015, 11:06:04 PM
honestly..aside from the vaguely loveable freaks..you havent missed much

That's the best part of every gathering, IMO. If I understand it correctly (I missed the initial  brouhaha, but was brought up to speed), no one actually LISTENING any more?  Just hanging?

And I thought of you tonight when I saw the show topic because I think my first post to you was giving you shit about posting in a both threads, a couple of times, about something (was it a song?  a movie?) and I cracked something about the Matrix.  I forget the specifics but I'm sure it was very clever.  ;D  And you, true to form, probably blew me out of the water, LOL.

Barfly

You just missed that RCH hates us Bellgabbers , we are useless bandwidth eaters.
Thats about it

phrodo

trostol

Quote from: maren on November 10, 2015, 11:11:55 PM
That's the best part of every gathering, IMO. If I understand it correctly (I missed the initial  brouhaha, but was brought up to speed), no one actually LISTENING any more?  Just hanging?

And I thought of you tonight when I saw the show topic because I think my first post to you was giving you shit about posting in a both threads, a couple of times, about something (was it a song?  a movie?) and I cracked something about the Matrix.  I forget the specifics but I'm sure it was very clever.  ;D  And you, true to form, probably blew me out of the water, LOL.

:o