MITD BLITZ!

Started by chefist, June 26, 2015, 02:19:24 PM

NXOEED

you guys are legit.

Heather Wade

Quote from: jazmunda on July 19, 2015, 06:25:04 AM
Why are you  :'(?

You should be  :) :D ;D

I'm so  ;D that I  :'(  Best summer ever.

chefist

Time has flown this summer! My kid will be back in school in 10 days! But I can't remember having this much fun...makes me feel young again!

NXOEED

posting in here to hide from the trolls in the live thread.

Redacted, you sound great tonight. Congratulations.  I can't believe what I'm hearing.

chefist

Quote from: NXOEED on July 20, 2015, 12:04:17 AM

Redacted, you sound great tonight. Congratulations.  I can't believe what I'm hearing.
Me too! she was amazing!

Heather Wade

Thank you.  The wider audience cannot accept anyone on the air with Art.  And that's cool.  I don't blame them.

jazmunda

Quote from: (Redacted) on July 20, 2015, 03:28:10 AM
Thank you.  The wider audience cannot accept anyone on the air with Art.  And that's cool.  I don't blame them.

Wider? A couple of vocal trolls on BellGab does not constitute the wider audience.

I thought you were great and I was telling Phoebe that I'm friends with this person speaking. She smiled. She's 10 months old and may have just soiled herself but she does know talent when she sees it. ;)

Heather Wade

Quote from: jazmunda on July 20, 2015, 04:19:33 AM
Wider? A couple of vocal trolls on BellGab does not constitute the wider audience.

I thought you were great and I was telling Phoebe that I'm friends with this person speaking. She smiled. She's 10 months old and may have just soiled herself but she does know talent when she sees it. ;)

Aw.  Jazzy you are too kind.  So is Phoebe, and if you are starting her listening to Art this early, she will grow to be very smart.  There is some Redacted hate on Art's facebook page and that is what he is reacting to.  I truly do not blame the audience.  There was some uncomfort due to the internet being intermittent, which scared the hell out of me.  On the air with Art Bell... I cannot hear everything he is saying, and then asks me to respond = OH SHIT moment.

Heather Wade

Quote from: NXOEED on July 20, 2015, 12:04:17 AM

Quote from: chefist on July 20, 2015, 03:06:20 AM
Me too! she was amazing!

I hope you would say if I sucked.  It was scary.  Probably because I knew some people wouldn't dig it, and because the connection drops.  It's radio, and Art has said before it is cut-throat.  But, wow, what a ride.  Hope tomorrow is better for Art.

NXOEED

Quote from: (Redacted) on July 20, 2015, 05:52:27 AM
I hope you would say if I sucked.  It was scary.  Probably because I knew some people wouldn't dig it, and because the connection drops.  It's radio, and Art has said before it is cut-throat.  But, wow, what a ride.  Hope tomorrow is better for Art.

It didn't suck by any stretch. I would tell you if it did.

Look, you've been totally cool to me, and the blitz has been a bonding experience that has brought everybody who gave enough of a crap to help out just a little closer together over the past couple weeks, but we're strangers, and we're probably never gonna meet in person. I'm just another blank face on the internet. I have no emotional incentive in telling you that you did a really great job. And you totally did. You sounded like a pro. It impressed the shit out of me. You made Art's shaky first night much less problematic than it could have been. You were nothing but an asset.

Somebody in the chat channel last night, one of the trolls I think, mentioned that there was a combined effort by people on an Art Bell Facebook group somewhere to flood Reddit and Bellgab and talk about how much they don't like "the female". And looking at it today, that's exactly what it looks like -- another campaign on the internet by a bunch of basement-dwelling fanboys to make a woman feel like shit.

I'm not gonna be able to continue reading the board if it keeps up like this. I keep seeing comments like "your opinion is worthless" from folks I've never seen post here before. Typical troll talk, nothing more, nothing less. I went to the Bella Haven channel last night to get away from it, but they all ended up there too.

We heard an amazing thing last night. The trolls are shitting on an amazing thing.

Heather Wade

Thank you, NXOEED.  Your post gave me pause.  But I'm sure I ruined what would have been a fun show.  This is so embarrassing.

NXOEED

Quote from: (Redacted) on July 20, 2015, 09:38:56 AM
Thank you, NXOEED.  Your post gave me pause.  But I'm sure I ruined what would have been a fun show.  This is so embarrassing.

You didn't ruin anything. That thought can go fuck itself.

I'm not gonna sit here and pretend like I'm a "somebody" who does a thing that merits attention from massive amounts of people, but I will say that, when trolls come out of nowhere on the internet to tell me what a shitty job I'm doing (it happens all the fucking time), and especially when they gang up, I stop reading. One of two things is happening: Either I suck so badly at what I do to the point that I deserve to have my head and hands cut off and displayed on freeway overpasses, or there's a bunch of fussy, hyperbolic manbabies on the internet who just love a good fight.

chefist

Not embarrassing at all Red! You did a great job! No matter where this goes I support you all the way!

heater

Redacted, you did a fabulous job.  I heard you make Art laugh, prove your vast knowledge of C2C history, engage with callers.  That couldn't be farther from embarrassing. I'll be honest I haven't read the negative commentary as I've been too busy to keep up the last 2 days but I really don't need to.  I know what I heard from the Sunday show and it was enough to want more, even if I had never heard of you before.

Fuck the haters.  They would take your spot in a heartbeat, that is why they attack.  I'll leave you with this thought: If the complaining audience had been listening to what Art has been saying this whole time they would realize that Art was planning on doing what he wants this time.  If they want a controlled environment gives them more of the same that show exists already its called Coast to Coast with George Noory.  They can go listen to it.  They should stop trying to make Art be George by bullying him.

NXOEED

Post Blitz, post inaugural show:

So, I wonder if Art and Keith have a budget for advertising, or a plan for that matter. I'm going to guess that they probably don't, and wonder if we might want to expand on what we've been doing to maintain and grow an audience?

I've got a couple of ideas in the works. They're small ideas, nothing compared to the great things you guys pulled off, and they come from the same micro-level  hipster part of my head that gave birth to the poster, but I like to think that a bunch of us working on different things will produce the results that we attained last time around.

NXOEED

Quote from: NXOEED on July 21, 2015, 12:07:13 PM
Post Blitz, post inaugural show:

So, I wonder if Art and Keith have a budget for advertising, or a plan for that matter. I'm going to guess that they probably don't, and wonder if we might want to expand on what we've been doing to maintain and grow an audience?

I've got a couple of ideas in the works. They're small ideas, nothing compared to the great things you guys pulled off, and they come from the same micro-level  hipster part of my head that gave birth to the poster, but I like to think that a bunch of us working on different things will produce the results that we attained last time around.

haha silence. Alright then.

The idea is a full 8.5x11, black and white zine dedicated to the paranormal, but not like the shit that's out there right now. No cheesy "experts" or imagery swiped from Istockphoto. We're going with a hand-drawn, punk, DIY aesthetic. Mostly ghost stories and alien encounters taken directly from the mouths of the street folks and schizophrenics I run into, but not necessarily limited to them. And of course Art Bell will be prominently promoted. Viva Vox publishing is gonna distribute it. We've got anarchist co-ops, underground infoshops and zine conventions around the world down to sell/display them. The idea is to market Art Bell to an entirely new demographic.

Looking for contributors. Anybody who writes, draws, or has a ghost/alien story is welcome to join. Name of zine is "Apparitions". It'll be dark and fucked up. If interested, let me know.

see http://exitmagazine.net to get an idea of the direction this is going.

Heather Wade

Quote from: NXOEED on July 23, 2015, 12:31:23 PM

The idea is a full 8.5x11, black and white zine dedicated to the paranormal, but not like the shit that's out there right now. No cheesy "experts" or imagery swiped from Istockphoto. We're going with a hand-drawn, punk, DIY aesthetic. Mostly ghost stories and alien encounters taken directly from the mouths of the street folks and schizophrenics I run into, but not necessarily limited to them. And of course Art Bell will be prominently promoted. Viva Vox publishing is gonna distribute it. We've got anarchist co-ops, underground infoshops and zine conventions around the world down to sell/display them. The idea is to market Art Bell to an entirely new demographic.

Looking for contributors. Anybody who writes, draws, or has a ghost/alien story is welcome to join. Name of zine is "Apparitions". It'll be dark and fucked up. If interested, let me know.

This is a great, great idea.  I will be checking it out and thinking of a way I can contribute. 

chefist

Quote from: NXOEED on July 23, 2015, 12:31:23 PM

LOL Sorry buddy but work is picking up again for me after the slow season! Let's talk more on Monday, in person! Oh, do you do commission work? I have something for you!

Ben

NXOEED

Quote from: chefist on July 23, 2015, 06:02:35 PM
LOL Sorry buddy but work is picking up again for me after the slow season! Let's talk more on Monday, in person! Oh, do you do commission work? I have something for you!

Ben

haha sounds good buddy.

SaucyRossy

So......something is in the works that could be used to kick start THE BLITZ 2.0

It's not something I can talk about yet but if it comes to fruition it'll be the perfect opportunity to spread the word about the show to a huge fan base that will tune in and hopefully keep listening afterwards.

As soon as it's a more concrete thing and it's been cleared you will all be informed but I think it's a good idea to give you guys a heads up in a vague enough way that we will all be prepared to go and spread the word at the right time.

NXOEED

So I guess there'll be four of us in the same room tonight. I think everybody involved is able to read this, right? I'll be at Cooperstown around 5:30-5:45. Look for the forty-something gothic milkman-looking dude carrying a sketchbook the size of a Gutenberg Bible.

See you there.

eddie dean

Quote from: NXOEED on July 27, 2015, 01:37:43 PM
So I guess there'll be four of us in the same room tonight. I think everybody involved is able to read this, right? I'll be at Cooperstown around 5:30-5:45. Look for the forty-something gothic milkman-looking dude carrying a sketchbook the size of a Gutenberg Bible.

See you there.

See you maniacs there! I'll be there around 6ish. 

SaucyRossy

Quote from: eddie dean on July 27, 2015, 04:51:33 PM
See you maniacs there! I'll be there around 6ish.

Wait, what? Haha

NXOEED

Haha it was great meeting you folks. Aldous is legit (as are all of you).

eddie dean

Quote from: NXOEED on July 27, 2015, 10:20:39 PM
Haha it was great meeting you folks. Aldous is legit (as are all of you).

good meeting you dude! Fun evening with a few gabblings and rush was there too!
Thanks for the cool nxoeed original sticker.

jazmunda

I just want to know if anyone got pregnant?

heater

Quote from: jazmunda on July 28, 2015, 03:12:21 AM

I feel pregnant and I wasn't even there.  eddie.dean is potent.

NXOEED

Quote from: jazmunda on July 28, 2015, 03:12:21 AM

EVERYONE got pregnant.

chefist

Lol it was a blast! I was honored to have met everyone!