• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Knapp

Started by ArtBellFan, April 27, 2008, 09:05:01 AM

Marc.Knight

Quote from: MV on September 29, 2010, 05:22:34 PM
Quote from: EvB on September 29, 2010, 12:35:53 PM
Quote from: MV on September 29, 2010, 08:09:33 AM
  besides, your post will be more likely to get attention if you do it that way.

I'm sorry for your eye sockets - I know the feeling well.  BUT - -- I think these uber-long threads are very hard to read and confusing.  JMO
well, as long as we're offering opinions, i think you're wrong. 

all user quotes remain in context and linked, and that is 95% of the anti-confusion battle.  also, i see no point in having 80 tiny and abandoned ian punnett threads and 67 similar george knapp threads all floating around in the ether, none getting attention, and none growing.  at least this way, what formerly was a mess is now consolidated, organized, easy to locate, and frequented by users.  furthermore, none of those threads were all that different from one another.  i know.  i had to look at all of them in order to pull this off.

i'm having a very bad day.  sorry if i sound short.

Cheer up Michael.  We're here for ya.

b_dubb

Quote from: Marc Knight on September 29, 2010, 04:06:24 PM
Quote from: b_dubb on September 29, 2010, 03:03:59 PM
you could block all images of Alex Jones to the site.  that should reduce eye socket bleeding

god what a douche

EvB

Quote from: PhantasticSanShiSan on September 20, 2010, 12:12:51 AM
Anyone listening to Knapp's show right now?  It's an MV orgasm night - conspiracies & why suckers I believe them.

but what if they turn out to be true?

ArtBellFan

Quote from: Spikegirl on August 27, 2008, 10:41:03 AM
I love Knapp. I've heard it said on more than one occasion that he is the true heir of Coast to Coast. I'm sure for the right amount of money, Mr. Knapp could be persuaded to leave his other full time job at the news station. Allegedly, Snoory makes $400,000 a year. To do nothing. I don't think Mr Knapp earns that much, but he sure is worth it. If the suits at Premrad had any business sense, they'd get Knapp to replace the Snoron and I am sure the ratings would go sky high. I post at another site and there is a poster there who has put up the Arbitron ratings when they have been made available and George is not doing as well as he likes to say he is doing. George is the Bagdad Bob of Coast to Coast.

The ratings have never been higher! Everyone on the planet loves me! I have a contract till the end of time!
Knapp would not take on Coast full time ever, number one he loves his day job and numbertwo he told me in an email that at this stage in his life that he would not like doing all the work it takes to do the show properly like Art did, you know reading the books, doing pre-interviewing like Art did in many cases plus he also said he would not like the night time slot. As much as I would love to have Knapp take over I can understand why he doesn't want it. Now if he did that would mean no sleep for me week nights like when Art was full time.  Knapp is intelligent, does his homework and loves the topics and knows how to conduct an interview. 

What a joke about the ratings, if you long time Art Bell listeners remember Art had around 20 million listeners and now it's down to 2-3 million, hell some of my local radio stations have more then that. Also Art had 500 plus affiliates before he retired and it dropped when whats his name took over to around 350 and most of those were Clear Channel affiliates who had no choice, if that were not the case I think the show would have gone away eventually.
My two cents.

ArtBellFan

Another thing I asked Knapp when we were emailing back anf forth was what he thought of Noory, his answer was not a fair question..thought that very interesting, take it anyway you want to.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ArtBellFan on October 05, 2010, 11:17:59 AM

What a joke about the ratings, if you long time Art Bell listeners remember Art had around 20 million listeners and now it's down to 2-3 million, hell some of my local radio stations have more then that. Also Art had 500 plus affiliates before he retired and it dropped when whats his name took over to around 350 and most of those were Clear Channel affiliates who had no choice, if that were not the case I think the show would have gone away eventually.
My two cents.
i think you're definitely correct here.  if it hadn't been for all of those clear channel stations carrying c2c, the show would be long gone.  it's sort of like a tobacco manufacturer selling cigarettes to a large group of people who are paid BY HIM to buy HIS CIGARETTES.  he can then turn around and exclaim, "look at all of these sales!!"

Boomer

It's obvious Noory doesn't read any book the guest has authored, you can tell by the flow of information, he would be lost if the guest didn't provide a list of questions to be asked. This list of questions is always required of the guest, this all came out when Punbutt kicked Maurice Cottrell of the air 2-3 years ago. Punbutt and Knapp do read the books, thats always been evident, Punbutts problem is he drags you agonizedly through a recap of everything that has been covered after every break.

b_dubb

can't imagine that eFoods, GoldScheme.com, and ScamFromHome.com are making a lot of money for anyone.  as i see it ... those aren't even real products/services.  Ccrane radios ... ok ... that's legit.  but they don't have deep pockets

Quote from: GeorgeNoory... eNads ... shipped in an indestructible tough tote ...

ArtBellFan

Quote from: Boomer on October 05, 2010, 02:15:09 PM
It's obvious Noory doesn't read any book the guest has authored, you can tell by the flow of information, he would be lost if the guest didn't provide a list of questions to be asked. This list of questions is always required of the guest, this all came out when Punbutt kicked Maurice Cottrell of the air 2-3 years ago. Punbutt and Knapp do read the books, thats always been evident, Punbutts problem is he drags you agonizedly through a recap of everything that has been covered after every break.
Since I don't listen to snoory I didn't hear this first hand but read it on another forum, apparently snoory says he doesn't read the books, that he randomly opens to a page and learns everything he needs to know about what it said in the book.......duh I am an avid reader and have collected over 2000 books on many of the topics and guest Art has had on over the years and long before I have heard of Art Bell and I can tell you I can't just open a page and know what the book is about.  Now I wish I had the ability to put a book under my pillow at night and wake up the next morning knowing every word in the book..

What a joke.

Boomer

Quote from: ArtBellFan on October 10, 2010, 01:00:05 PMSince I don't listen to snoory I didn't hear this first hand but read it on another forum, apparently snoory says he doesn't read the books, that he randomly opens to a page and learns everything he needs to know about what it said in the book.......duh I am an avid reader and have collected over 2000 books on many of the topics and guest Art has had on over the years and long before I have heard of Art Bell and I can tell you I can't just open a page and know what the book is about.  Now I wish I had the ability to put a book under my pillow at night and wake up the next morning knowing every word in the book..

What a joke.

Noory is a BS Artist and a Lame one at that, but the one thing he did that was smart was he did everything he could to gain a high profile when he first took over the show. He attended all the conferences he could, he wrote a failed book, actually Bill Birnes wrote it, he made himself available for all the History Channel documentaries he could, so now it's hard for C2C to fire his ass and he knows it. Punbutt attempts to do the same thing with to a degree with all the blog crap on C2C's webpage on the weekends, then I suspect he's the one who keeps refreshing his show webpage on C2C so it's recorded as one of the favored hits, he used to make offhand remarks about Noory and Bell when he didn't get Noory's job, he would have turned it into a religious show if he had his way cause you could see this coming, someone at C2C must have had a talk with him. Last Thursday's show was another outstanding Noory Screwup, he had a 'Newager' of sorts on and asked him "what is the Light", here's Noory asking this guy this question and Noory's Failed attempt at a book was entitled "Worker In The Light", my what a short memory he has he can't even remember what his own book was about...lol Then there were times when he'd brag about his dead aunt Shafica who was well known in the psychic community, she was also a friend of Ingo Swann(father of remote viewing fame), Noory would always try to link her with Ingo as being 'Lovers' all the time, this went on for years until I informed Noory that Ingo was a confirmed homosexual and had been for years, funny you don't hear Noory talking about that anymore...lol On that same show he has Erich Von Daniken on and needless to say Noory made an ass out of himself with his foolish questions. These guests are required to submit a script/questions to the host, the host then explores the question until it's rung dry, not Noory though, he can't expand on anything, you can always tell when he leaves subject matter unanswered and moves on to the next question, Noory is the only host on C2C that does this because he doesn't know how to interview. I find this unbelievable that they're paying him 400 Grand a year for his amateur drivel, it boggles the mind. I never could figure out why he flys between St. Louis and California doing these shows, whats that all about.

I'm a streamlink member but I pick and choose Noorys shows depending on the guest, I don't listen to Punbutt at all, I just delete the download every morning, never miss Knapp, Knapp and Bell can make a show out of nothing.

b_dubb

Quote from: ArtBellFan on October 10, 2010, 01:00:05 PM
Since I don't listen to snoory I didn't hear this first hand but read it on another forum, apparently snoory says he doesn't read the books, that he randomly opens to a page and learns everything he needs to know about what it said in the book

this explains a lot but i don't know why you'd brag about being a lazy piece of shit

Marc.Knight

Quote from: b_dubb on October 10, 2010, 07:50:36 PM
Since I don't listen to snoory I didn't hear this first hand but read it on another forum, apparently snoory says he doesn't read the books, that he randomly opens to a page and learns everything he needs to know about what it said in the book

this explains a lot but i don't know why you'd brag about being a lazy piece of shit

Sums up the general American mind though: read a book chapter or magazine article and you consider yourself an expert on the subject. 

EvB

Quote from: Marc Knight on October 10, 2010, 08:01:06 PM

Sums up the general American mind though: read a book chapter or magazine article and you consider yourself an expert on the subject.

'scuse me guys, but I think you missed the main point,  Noory is implying that he has SPECIAL METAL POWERS that allow him to glean the essence of something we mere mortals would have to STUDY - with a simple glance.

b_dubb

Quote from: EvB on October 10, 2010, 08:55:19 PM

'scuse me guys, but I think you missed the main point,  Noory is implying that he has SPECIAL METAL POWERS that allow him to glean the essence of something we mere mortals would have to STUDY - with a simple glance.

no i guess i got that but as it's total bullshit i just shrugged it off

EvB

Quote from: b_dubb on October 10, 2010, 11:33:37 PM
Quote from: EvB on October 10, 2010, 08:55:19 PM

no i guess i got that but as it's total bullshit i just shrugged it off

Ah! okay.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Boomer on October 10, 2010, 05:30:33 PM
Then there were times when he'd brag about his dead aunt Shafica who was well known in the psychic community, she was also a friend of Ingo Swann(father of remote viewing fame), Noory would always try to link her with Ingo as being 'Lovers' all the time, this went on for years until I informed Noory that Ingo was a confirmed homosexual and had been for years, funny you don't hear Noory talking about that anymore...lol
unless... and bear with me, here... unless... george's aunt was a tranny.

comments?  thoughts?

EvB

Quote from: MV on October 11, 2010, 09:50:33 PM

unless... and bear with me, here... unless... george's aunt was a tranny.

comments?  thoughts?

Only that I'd enjoy seeing (and I do mean SEEing) George tackle that idea. "Hey George - do you still have your aunt's top-hat and tails?"

ringthane

Knapp had a caller (sounded like a complete pothead) on his Nick Redfern show that tried cracking a joke based on their last names -- Red Fern, Georga Nap.

Knapp's response (mildly ticked off): "That's hilarious. Do you have an actual question for the guest?"

Snoory fans probably cried because Knapp was so mean.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ringthane on October 20, 2010, 11:48:31 PM

Knapp's response (mildly ticked off): "That's hilarious. Do you have an actual question for the guest?"
HAHA!

The General

Quote from: MV on September 01, 2010, 09:26:10 AM
lazar is a jism satchel.

Seems like a lot of Lazar has been on the stream lately. 
How come he always sounds like he's working on a bag of peanuts?
Please don't eat while being interviewed on the radio, Bob.

Boomer

Knapp had a caller (sounded like a complete pothead) on his Nick Redfern show that tried cracking a joke based on their last names -- Red Fern, Georga Nap.

I heard that caller...since Noory got on there the level of consciousness of the callers has dropped dramatically. Then to add fuel to the fire he lets them ramble on and on about Nothing. Knapp and Bell know how to handle these callers, what Punfart does with them I can't say as I don't listen to his garbage anymore, I suspect if he lets them talk about Jesus he'll let'm talk all night.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Boomer on October 26, 2010, 12:01:29 AM

I heard that caller...since Noory got on there the level of consciousness of the callers has dropped dramatically. Then to add fuel to the fire he lets them ramble on and on about Nothing. Knapp and Bell know how to handle these callers, what Punfart does with them I can't say as I don't listen to his garbage anymore, I suspect if he lets them talk about Jesus he'll let'm talk all night.
literally 5 minutes after i read this, i suddenly started laughing at the word punfart.  HA!

b_dubb

Ian seems to shut down deals with 'troublesome' callers in much the same way Knapp does.  if a caller makes a ridiculous prediction or declares an off the wall belief, he usually asks that they explain themselves and doesn't really let them off the hook

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: b_dubb on October 26, 2010, 01:13:04 PM

Ian seems to shut down deals with 'troublesome' callers in much the same way Knapp does.  if a caller makes a ridiculous prediction or declares an off the wall belief, he usually asks that they explain themselves and doesn't really let them off the hook
as well he should.

Ian likes to toy with callers, especially on open lines. He won't waste the time of a guest the same way usually.

Potheads seem to be 60% of Noory's callers now, with the other 40% being old ladies and shut-ins.

b_dubb

Quote from: TaoOfLuxLisbon on October 27, 2010, 02:59:47 PM
Potheads seem to be 60% of Noory's callers now, with the other 40% being old ladies and shut-ins.

seems like you could have a LOT of fun with that group.  how does Noory fuck it up?  well .... for starters ... HE'S GEORGE NOORY!!!!

Quote from: b_dubb on October 27, 2010, 08:40:44 PM

seems like you could have a LOT of fun with that group.  how does Noory fuck it up?  well .... for starters ... HE'S GEORGE NOORY!!!!

"I've said it many times.......we have thhheee most intelligent, open-minded, and sharpest callers......IN THE WORLD!!!"

MV/Liberace!

and sympathy fishing blind guys.

ShelliesMom

Has anyone else noticed he's having more and more "technical difficulties" when it's his turn to host?

I hope he doesn't go the Rollye James/Barbara Simpson route.

valdez

During the course of the day I asked a bunch of folks, of varying ages, if November 22 had any significance to them.  Nothing.  I gave a hint: 1963.  Nothing.  I went further:  Dallas.  Nada.  Oh well.  Knapp did a show on the assassination with a short appearance by a lady named  Judyth Vary Baker.  She Knew, loved, and defended Oswald as the patsy that he claimed he was.  Knapp said she was "calling from an undisclosed location for fear of her life."  If that line alone isn't the very spirit of what Coast to Coast should be, I don't know what is.