• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Knapp

Started by ArtBellFan, April 27, 2008, 09:05:01 AM

Morgus

Quote from: TaoOfLuxLisbon on June 27, 2011, 02:57:51 PM
I don't know about the sheriff, but the family pretty much said they are desperate to try anything right now.
Dames went out of his way to remind George Knapp several times that he avoids dealing with families directly and prefers to contact only the authorities in these matters.  :P

onan

Quote from: Morgus on June 27, 2011, 03:56:12 PM
Dames went out of his way to remind George Knapp several times that he avoids dealing with families directly and prefers to contact only the authorities in these matters.  :P

Yeah, I am just speculating but I would think if he contacted a family he may be exposing himself to legal action.

Quote from: onan on June 27, 2011, 04:24:18 PM

Yeah, I am just speculating but I would think if he contacted a family he may be exposing himself to legal action.

Or maybe a punch in the face?

One of the few times I thought Art screwed up badly, was when he had Dames on with the sister of the missing scientist/Iron Butterfly bassist, Taylor Kramer.

I thought Dames was particularly repulsive that night with the poor woman, ugh.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: 999 on June 28, 2011, 01:03:14 AM
One of the few times I thought Art screwed up badly, was when he had Dames on with the sister of the missing scientist/Iron Butterfly bassist, Taylor Kramer.

I thought Dames was particularly repulsive that night with the poor woman, ugh.

Yes, good call. I'd forgotten about that.

Especially noisome was a Dames appearance in May,1999 when he was very excited about offering his programs to schools in the wake of Columbine. Even for him it seemed vile and tasteless in it's rank opportunism.

Lovely Bones

Quote from: TaoOfLuxLisbon on June 27, 2011, 10:56:59 AM
They found the body of another man who was mentioned on the Friday night show.

http://www.magicvalley.com/news/local/article_f645e30a-a0d0-11e0-aa5a-001cc4c03286.html

Thanks for the update on Moedl, Tao.  Not clear whether he just ran his car into the water or whether he's still part of the list of possible victims of a possible serial killer. 

Lovely Bones

Yeah, I heard that.  And I kept wondering why, then, he was on a national radio program that surely the Carnes family would be listening to, proclaiming that the senior Carnes was dead and lying in the desert 23 miles east of Winemucca. 

How sensitive. 

Lovely Bones

Quote from: onan on June 27, 2011, 04:24:18 PM

Not sure if it's different for remote viewers, Onan, but alleged psychics do it all the time.

I'm open to the idea that some folks are sensitive to information floating about the universe that comes to them through non-traditional pathways, but I abhor the vulture psychics who approach grieving families, either asking for money or adding needlessly to the pain they're already experiencing.  Some links here to Kelly Jolkowski's excellent work on psychics and missing people (Kelly's son Jason has been missing for years).  The 8-part series is especially good, IMHO:

http://www.projectjason.org/psychics.shtml

onan

Quote from: Lovely Bones on June 28, 2011, 08:13:46 AM
Not sure if it's different for remote viewers, Onan, but alleged psychics do it all the time.

Yeah I have no information about the law regarding families in this kind of emotional crisis. I do have the inclination that if a Dames type approached me I would at the very least have a restraining order within minutes.

If one promised some kind of result I would own their ass.

And thanks for the link. I will give it a gander.

Nebraska888

I love Knapp....love him..... smart, articulate, great listener, super follow-up questions......
Yes, it would be wonderful to have him as a full time host!!!!!       ;)

Morgus

Quote from: Nebraska888 on July 04, 2011, 12:50:59 PM
I love Knapp....love him..... smart, articulate, great listener, super follow-up questions......
Yes, it would be wonderful to have him as a full time host!

Many have asked Knapp that. But he says he has a full time TV reporter job that would conflict, so he can only host at most a few nights a month. Can't do fulltime.

Gassy Man

For a long time I couldn't get past George Knapp's monotone delivery . . . but of late, I've come to respect him as the only host who both asks intelligent, probing questions and keeps the show focused on the topic rather than his opinions on it.  There's no one that could really succeed Art Bell at this point, but George Knapp could at least make the show interesting on  a regular basis..

anagrammy

Quote from: Gassy Man on July 05, 2011, 01:18:12 AM
For a long time I couldn't get past George Knapp's monotone delivery . . . but of late, I've come to respect him as the only host who both asks intelligent, probing questions and keeps the show focused on the topic rather than his opinions on it.  There's no one that could really succeed Art Bell at this point, but George Knapp could at least make the show interesting on  a regular basis..

Yeah, that faked me out at first but then I realized that I was contrasting it with Noory's fake enthusiastic voice where he figures he at least SOUNDS enthusiastic.  You don't have to use voice tricks when you really are interested and have something substantial to contribute to the conversation. 

Which, I've decided is my one true unforgiveable sin.  I can get over most of the long list of verbal tics, logical fallacies and non sequiturs, but I cannot forgive NEVER having anything to add to any conversation.  Anything of substance, of course.  I don't count, "When I was 8 years old my family once drove through the town next to where you were born....."

Anagrammy

Gassy Man

Quote from: anagrammy on July 06, 2011, 02:10:13 AM
Yeah, that faked me out at first but then I realized that I was contrasting it with Noory's fake enthusiastic voice where he figures he at least SOUNDS enthusiastic.  You don't have to use voice tricks when you really are interested and have something substantial to contribute to the conversation. 

Which, I've decided is my one true unforgiveable sin.  I can get over most of the long list of verbal tics, logical fallacies and non sequiturs, but I cannot forgive NEVER having anything to add to any conversation.  Anything of substance, of course.  I don't count, "When I was 8 years old my family once drove through the town next to where you were born....."

Anagrammy
No doubt George Knapp definitely cleanses the pallette of the odd, disagreeable Noory chunk that gets wedged up in there . . . I'm enjoying him.

M Knight

I've started to listen to GK more and more and have to say I'm enjoying his shows. He doesn't stray too far from what are the (or at least have always been) the pertinent subject/topics we listened to C2C for (unlike Punnett) and he also isn't afraid to ask the questions Noory would perhaps skirt around or not even consider as interesting or relevant.

He can hold a conversation, construct an intelligent riposte, probe for more information and has a great opening gambit (!) I'm starting to wish that if Art is never to come back, then Knapp could at least be the one to be tasked with rebuilding the show to a semblance of it's former glory.

The question is: Does George Knapp have a "child of the week?"

cwarner

So, did George Knapp say what his revelation about Area 51 was? I didn't hear him mention it in the show, but I may have skipped over it or not been paying attention.

Morgus

Quote from: cwarner on July 20, 2011, 02:10:14 PM
So, did George Knapp say what his revelation about Area 51 was? I didn't hear him mention it in the show, but I may have skipped over it or not been paying attention.
Knapp did announce a few weeks ago on the air that he would have to delay that information for sometime until he gets approval from some witness. He said to hang in there.

Scully

Quote from: cwarner on July 20, 2011, 02:10:14 PM
Quote from: Morgus on July 20, 2011, 02:21:02 PM
Knapp did announce a few weeks ago on the air that he would have to delay that information for sometime until he gets approval from some witness. He said to hang in there.

Thanks (I think) for reminding me that that itch remains unscratched, cwarner.

I wonder if the unnamed person is unavailable or if they're refusing to accomodate GK's request.

Maybe Knapp has just been extra busy lately.  He's an actual working reporter, y'know, unlike Noory who just plays one on the radio.  ::)

cwarner

Hm, I remember him mentioning he needs to check with his contact, but I was sure he said he'd have it sorted by Sunday's show. Oh well, maybe I imagined it.

I wonder if Knapp's going  to do a whole show on it, which also leads me to wonder how much sway he has over the topics/guests on his shows.

b_dubb

Quote from: Lovely Bones on June 28, 2011, 08:06:59 AM
Yeah, I heard that.  And I kept wondering why, then, he was on a national radio program that surely the Carnes family would be listening to, proclaiming that the senior Carnes was dead and lying in the desert 23 miles east of Winemucca. 

How sensitive.
i hope they find this guy alive and well.  for obvious reasons.  and for the less obvious reason that this would prove to everyone what a fucking TOOL ed dames is.  i'd like to hear Knapp call him ( dames ) out if/when they find the fella

anagrammy

I'd love to hear Knapp tear Dames a new one, but has ANY of the hosts ever confronted any of the regular guests? 

Anagrammy

Scully

Quote from: cwarner on July 21, 2011, 08:16:48 AM
Hm, I remember him mentioning he needs to check with his contact, but I was sure he said he'd have it sorted by Sunday's show. Oh well, maybe I imagined it.

I wonder if Knapp's going  to do a whole show on it, which also leads me to wonder how much sway he has over the topics/guests on his shows.

If you just imagined it, then we had the same auditory hallucination, cwarner, 'cause that's what I heard, too.

As far as how much say Knapp has in his topics/guests, my best guess is that he used to have a whole lot more than he does now.  That is becoming more and more obvious, although he does seem to have SOME say or we wouldn't get the good shows he comes up with.

BamaMike

I believe George Knapp is the closest thing to the Art Bell version of C2C,  oh I wish he had the Monday through Friday show.  I long for it if we can never have Art Bell return.

anagrammy

Quote from: Scully on July 21, 2011, 11:01:05 PM

If you just imagined it, then we had the same auditory hallucination, cwarner, 'cause that's what I heard, too.

As far as how much say Knapp has in his topics/guests, my best guess is that he used to have a whole lot more than he does now.  That is becoming more and more obvious, although he does seem to have SOME say or we wouldn't get the good shows he comes up with.

Art alluded to the Premier staff taking over so Noory had very little to do.  As we all know, once the suits get power, they don't give it back.  I imagine the shit hit the fan when Art said no, thanks, I'll do XX myself. He saw and is still seeing (IMHO) how the show has deteriorated.  Last time this happens it was more than he could bear. 

I wonder how George Knapp likes working under that level of "service"

Anagrammy

11angeleyes11

George Knapp takes the lemon topics and he makes lemonade;He does not suck!

Scully

Quote from: 11angeleyes11 on July 24, 2011, 06:52:24 PM
George Knapp takes the lemon topics and he makes lemonade;He does not suck!

We'll see tonight whether GK can make lemonade out of Food and Health for a C2C topic.  :(

Lovely Bones

Between the Evils of Fluoride hosted by Ian on Saturday and the Evils of the Food Industry and Big Pharma hosted by Knapp on Sunday, I'm pretty sure these two aren't getting full say in their topic choices any longer.  We might as well have had Noory at the helm as far as topic choice for the weekend. 

The difference is that--as AngelEyes pointed out--Knapp doesn't suck.  Neither does Ian.  Both made the topics more bearable than Snoory would have.

Still, I'd have preferred authentic Knapp and Ian, doing topics of their own choosing.  I have to believe they were tied down, covered in that black molasses from refining white sugar, and subjected to fire ants to do Premier's bidding this weekend.  Maybe I'm wrong, but that's how I see it.   

cwarner

Yeah Ian once said that he's basically just given guests/topics and doesn't regularly have any say in the matter. I'm sure if one of the hosts really pushed they might be able to get someone on, but week-to-week I'm guessing the guests that Ian and George Knapp have are chosen by premier.

I was thinking it may be a bit different for guest hosts, but probably not..

Scully

This last weekend's show topics were soooooo bad, it occurred to me to wonder if Snoory actually engineered their being passed off to Knapp and Punnett.

Maybe he's tired of taking flack from people like us about doing his favorite themes, health and alternative medicine, and can now pretend that he's not the only host who craves this stuff. He'd be lying, I believe, but when has he let a little mendacity get in his way?

I didn't even try to listen to Ian do fluoride. I did however suffer through Knapp's 4 hours of Death Dwells in your Soup Bowl.  It was a mistake, born of hope that GK would at least lighten up soon and go to open lines, or better yet finally reveal his promised Area 51 secret.  He didn't.  :(