• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The "I'm watching/just watched *movie title* thread....

Started by PhantasticSanShiSan, September 26, 2008, 04:58:26 PM

Frys Girl

Let me preface with this: I love red necks. I've always loved them. I love country music and country living (from a distance. thus I'm a pussy, i know).

Dirty Driving - Thundercars of Indiana

I just don't get why these people vote Republican. It has a political back drop (non-judgmental as you can get with self-destructive red necks if you ask me). The backdrop is they are all losing their jobs with ........ wait for it........ General Motors! Nonetheless, I love rednecks. I would marry one if I could.

http://www.hbo.com/docs/programs/dirtydriving/index.html

Sybil

Quote from: Frys Girl on December 06, 2008, 03:19:33 PM
Let me preface with this: I love red necks. I've always loved them. I love country music and country living (from a distance. thus I'm a pussy, i know).

Dirty Driving - Thundercars of Indiana

I just don't get why these people vote Republican. It has a political back drop (non-judgmental as you can get with self-destructive red necks if you ask me). The backdrop is they are all losing their jobs with ........ wait for it........ General Motors! Nonetheless, I love rednecks. I would marry one if I could.

http://www.hbo.com/docs/programs/dirtydriving/index.html
I would never have guessed that! I was so blown away I had to reply via RapidShare....which is always free and easy....like my pantyless butt in a mini skirt

http://rapidshare.com/files/170940951/Fry_s_Girl_loves_Rednecks.mp3.html

Frys Girl

Quote from: Sybil on December 06, 2008, 04:29:46 PM
I would never have guessed that! I was so blown away I had to reply via RapidShare....which is always free and easy....like my pantyless butt in a mini skirt

http://rapidshare.com/files/170940951/Fry_s_Girl_loves_Rednecks.mp3.html
You are wonderful!! And yes, I'm sure I love red necks. I just don't think they love me! An Iranian-Kurdish with some Jewish blood who loves Tanya Tucker and Axl Rose...... oh dear god it's just too much I think? Oh I'm also against hunting. I think I would seriously freak out a red neck. I wish I could speak like you! I saw a youtube video about this iranian woman at a McCain rally once and she had a southern accent. It was awesome except some of the stuff she was saying freaked me out.... even for an Iranian!

As for the 60's, when will we move on from the 60s? I don't understand why hippies are scary, but beer drinkin, butt slappin red necks ain't scary. 

Sybil

Quote from: Frys Girl on December 06, 2008, 04:44:10 PM
I'm going to start a red neck folder.

Hee!!!

Your Av changed! Is that you? You're really cute! :)

Sybil

Quote from: Frys Girl on December 06, 2008, 04:41:06 PM
You are wonderful!! And yes, I'm sure I love red necks. I just don't think they love me! An Iranian-Kurdish with some Jewish blood who loves Tanya Tucker and Axl Rose...... oh dear god it's just too much I think? Oh I'm also against hunting. I think I would seriously freak out a red neck. I wish I could speak like you! I saw a youtube video about this iranian woman at a McCain rally once and she had a southern accent. It was awesome except some of the stuff she was saying freaked me out.... even for an Iranian!

As for the 60's, when will we move on from the 60s? I don't understand why hippies are scary, but beer drinkin, butt slappin red necks ain't scary.
You are an odd little cookie aren't you? LOL!!! But seriously, I think you could find a nice redneck boy. They won't be scared of you. They love females, plain and simple...even if the girl's a ewe. It's redneck's we're talkin' about...gotsta face the facts. Now, the hunting thing....we'll explore that subject later. Are you a vegetarian?

And me speakin' like a redneck.....well, that's me when I'm channeling my redneck cousin Mary Beth, who is constantly reminding me of what a harlot I am. You could do it too...it's easy. Unless you're my friend Francis from Conshy, that's in PA. One night he was trying to talk redneck but it was not workin'...so this was my reply to him:

http://rapidshare.com/files/170962388/really_pissed.mp3.html

Frys Girl

Quote from: Sybil on December 06, 2008, 05:51:30 PM

Hee!!!

Your Av changed! Is that you? You're really cute! :)
Yes! When you mentioned the possiblity of male contact, I decided to change it. I looked grumpy and scary in the other one. Also, the one I wanted to put made me look bad when it re-shaped it after upload!

Frys Girl

Since this thread has 13 pages and 13 is an unlucky number I'm doing to continue here until we hit 14.

Also, now I have a Sybil playlist. It's awesome!! Sybil needs to start a podcast. Do you have a radio show? You really should.

Sybil

Quote from: Frys Girl on December 06, 2008, 06:41:35 PM
Since this thread has 13 pages and 13 is an unlucky number I'm doing to continue here until we hit 14.

Also, now I have a Sybil playlist. It's awesome!! Sybil needs to start a podcast. Do you have a radio show? You really should.
I'm flattered...really!

And,(hee!) I do have a radio show....here on the Kenai Peninsula....it's called FREE CAKE.....
occasionally my cousin Mary Beth has to fill in for me....

http://rapidshare.com/files/170983006/Cousin_Mary_Beth.01.mp3.html

Quote from: Frys Girl on December 06, 2008, 06:41:35 PM
13 is an unlucky number

Hey, my 13th birthday was on Friday the 13th. I happen to like that number. ;)

Frys Girl

Quote from: Pirate King Atomsk on December 06, 2008, 08:07:25 PM
Dude you have a lot of "letters to the editor" to write in your life I think :) Sorry about the offense!

Quote from: Frys Girl on December 06, 2008, 08:13:20 PM
Dude you have a lot of "letters to the editor" to write in your life I think :) Sorry about the offense!

What? I'm confused? Letters to an editor? o_O

But no offense taken of course. I just wanted to say that really cool factoid about meself.  ;D

Frys Girl

Quote from: Pirate King Atomsk on December 06, 2008, 08:33:17 PM
What? I'm confused? Letters to an editor? o_O

But no offense taken of course. I just wanted to say that really cool factoid about meself.  ;D
I mean people use it in writing all the time.... all over the place "13 this" or "13 that" and always in reference to being "unlucky". So if you come across, and I do a lot, you might be offended.

MV/Liberace!

The Usual Suspects (1994)

The Sixth Sense (1999)

About Schmidt (2002)

MV/Liberace!

by the way... why in the hell are my google ads in german?  wtf?

Sybil

Quote from: Pirate King Atomsk on December 06, 2008, 08:07:25 PM
I do too!!! 13 rules. I also like your flaming name gif! That thing's trippy!

Down on that quote of yours from the Twilight Zone....i think you meant to type feel, instead of fill.I could be wrong, so never mind if I am.

Sybil

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on December 06, 2008, 11:15:45 PM
by the way... why in the hell are my google ads in german?  wtf?

Because you listed this movie a few posts back....

About Schmidt (2002) (a German name)

The google keeps an all watching eye on all we type.
When we were talking about rednecks earlier, an ad came up for a redneck test to see if you are one...LOL!!!!

The same thing happens on GLP...
Here's an ad that popped up on Spikegirl's post one day....of course we had been talking about what a stupid loser the Snooron was, and how he had no brain! LOL!!!!

Frys Girl

Quote from: Sybil on December 07, 2008, 12:28:19 AM
Because you listed this movie a few posts back....

About Schmidt (2002) (a German name)
Hahahaha. I didn't get that redneck test! Scoundrel google.

Sybil

Quote from: Frys Girl on December 07, 2008, 06:54:14 AM
Hahahaha. I didn't get that redneck test! Scoundrel google.

Hurry!!! Run over to your redneck appreciation thread!!! Now!!! It's there...it's there!!!! I just saw it! Hurry!!!

and i'm goin' to bed

Frys Girl

Twilight Zone (People are the same Everywhere) 1960

Also, I love this redneck test. Grassy ass.

Sybil

Quote from: Frys Girl on December 07, 2008, 07:56:15 AM
Twilight Zone (People are the same Everywhere) 1960

Also, I love this redneck test. Grassy ass.

de nada

Quote from: Sybil on December 06, 2008, 11:23:24 PM
Down on that quote of yours from the Twilight Zone....i think you meant to type feel, instead of fill.I could be wrong, so never mind if I am.

Oh wow, you're right. I must have been a little off when I wrote that. Thanks for lending the keen eye. I'll fix it later. ;D

Also, it's a quote from The Outer Limits. It's a metaphorical statement about the advancement of human science to create greater technology. Like fire, it can be a dangerous thing, or a beneficial thing. Good, or evil. Eliminating it would keep us from getting burned, but at the cost of the advancement of human knowledge. For example, outlawing technology would eliminate the science to unleash biological warfare, and the atom bomb could never be built, but similarly, neither could we learn to cure new diseases, or heat, light, and air condition our homes. But ultimately the worst part is, we would be wasting the inherent human curiosity and higher intelligence we have been gifted with. And inevitably, we would never come to travel the universe. Essentially, it's supporting the famous quote from Galileo:

?I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.? - Galileo Galilei

Quote from: Pirate King Atomsk on December 10, 2008, 08:54:16 PM
Oh wow, you're right. I must have been a little off when I wrote that. Thanks for lending the keen eye. I'll fix it later. ;D

Also, it's a quote from The Outer Limits. It's a metaphorical statement about the advancement of human science to create greater technology. Like fire, it can be a dangerous thing, or a beneficial thing. Good, or evil. Eliminating it would keep us from getting burned, but at the cost of the advancement of human knowledge. For example, outlawing technology would eliminate the science to unleash biological warfare, and the atom bomb could never be built, but similarly, neither could we learn to cure new diseases, or heat, light, and air condition our homes. But ultimately the worst part is, we would be wasting the inherent human curiosity and higher intelligence we have been gifted with. And inevitably, we would never come to travel the universe. Essentially, it's supporting the famous quote from Galileo:

?I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.? - Galileo Galilei

Bah, humbag.  You whippersnappers are so clueless.  There was a time when witchcraft was all the science we needed.  AND WE WERE SATISFIED, DAMMIT!  What I wouldn't give for some sheep innards so I could know what the weather was gonna be like tomorrow.

The Dark Knight - 2008

Quote from: PhantasticSanShiSan on December 10, 2008, 10:09:39 PM
Bah, humbag.  You whippersnappers are so clueless.  There was a time when witchcraft was all the science we needed.  AND WE WERE SATISFIED, DAMMIT!  What I wouldn't give for some sheep innards so I could know what the weather was gonna be like tomorrow.

Probably the best reference book I have come across regarding Haruspicy and many other types of prediction techniques is Dreaming the Future by Clifford Pickover .  It is a wicked book - if reading sheep guts causes you distress, you don't want to know about Anthropomancy. 

Pickover has been on CTC, but needs Knapp or Art to host any future interviews because he is easily as heavy a hitter as Kaku.  When Noory "interviewed" Pickover, he kept posing linear questions or making off the wall inane comments and was completely unable to interact with Pickover's "meta connections" style.  Pickover is a scientist who has the ability to entertain. 

When George interviews, he requires brilliant guests to state obvious facts and steps down the conversation to the lowest common denominator he can assimilate.

"If A, then B, and what was A again, Dr. Pickover? Okay, then thaaaaaaaaat gives us B.  And how about that C that comes later?  That's wild, isn't it?  I luuuuuv it.  Let's take some calls." 

(wretching)

Anyone studing any of the Western Inner traditions such as the Sufi/Muslim "Whirling Dervishes" or Jewish esoteric Kabbalah, may be familiar with a defunct magazine called GNOSIS.  Alex Grey created several GNOSIS covers.  His art was used for the Dreaming the Future cover.

Yeah, Pickover is big time.  I saw his name pop at school the other day, and the first thing I thought of was C2C.  The second thing was how much you loved the interview. hehehe.