• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Final Torrent

Started by williedee, October 27, 2013, 12:04:08 AM

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: 311guy1 on February 08, 2015, 09:41:40 PM

The Harlot the Witch show maybe? I swear I've heard him give that type of warning before. Hell, he even gave a similar warning before the Ed Dames Phoenix lights hoax episode. But that Harlot episode was creepy enough for sure to get a warning like you mentioned.

your avatar photo... what's that from?

williedee

Quote from: MV on March 06, 2015, 09:02:17 PM

asking the tough questions lol

but yeah.. that pic is gorgeous  ;)

jazmunda

Quote from: MV on March 06, 2015, 09:02:17 PM

It's from a straight to video movie called "Probing".

henge0stone

Found this on ebay,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Coast-To-Coast-AM-George-Noory-Art-Bell-Mels-Hole-Saga-MORE-MP3-/321814600546?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aeda51b62

Some Noory junk and Mel's Hole but there might be some lost gems in there. Someone already placed a bid on it.

henge0stone

bumping this thread cause some newer people might not know this goodness is here.

williedee

Welp, time to start editing the past few months worth of shows. Expect an update to the mega torrent soon. Rats. :(

Ciardelo

Quote from: williedee on December 11, 2015, 08:28:29 PM
Welp, time to start editing the past few months worth of shows. Expect an update to the mega torrent soon. Rats. :(
:::sigh::: Damnit. Are you going to be adding in the "new" lost classics that were broadcast recently?

indigoo

Quote from: williedee on December 11, 2015, 08:28:29 PM

I've got mine pretty much edited and tagged...I think I'm missing the first few weeks with full music though.

williedee

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 11, 2015, 08:48:58 PM
:::sigh::: Damnit. Are you going to be adding in the "new" lost classics that were broadcast recently?

Yes I've been contacted by someone who has been getting those shows, the update will include both old and new shows.

Lord Grantham

Please purge out dark matter news. Please.

311guy1

Quote from: williedee on March 06, 2015, 09:10:47 PM
asking the tough questions lol

but yeah.. that pic is gorgeous  ;)

I found it digging through the pictures in the mega torrent. Looks like something Art did at a seminar or something.

311guy1

Quote from: williedee on December 11, 2015, 09:21:25 PM
Yes I've been contacted by someone who has been getting those shows, the update will include both old and new shows.

Willie if you need to fill any gaps of the MITD shows, I've got them all from my own stream caps. I think I only missed 3 shows due to the shitty stream. They're all edited down to 2 hr 58 min

indigoo

Quote from: williedee on December 11, 2015, 09:21:25 PM

Do you have a list of these shows that have popped up recently? Is it SIT stuff?

Sarah

It may be worth including vids from youtube of Art's Periscope, especially his recent light-bulb eating gag!

Art did at least one advert during his career, so perhaps that could be located and included too? (something about an alfoil cap, although I've never seen it).

I'm not sure if there are any conferences that Art did that were recorded...

Also, here's a list that I think would be worth including: https://voat.co/v/ArtBell/comments/658581

My heart is suddenly heavy because this feels like we're preparing a eulogy...  :'(

Echo

Wish i had the energy to go through past Art bell shows and remove "Call Art at ", Commercials and the music. That way it would be just the shows without all the annoy crap. MiTD show i would purge teh dark matter news crap ASAP.

stevenotero

Quote from: Lord Grantham on December 11, 2015, 09:27:55 PM
Please purge out dark matter news. Please.
A million times this.

onan

I suggest this time, making some kind of subscription fee. Then people might have a legitimate position to request edits that please them.

Or they could invest time and money to gain the capability to edit files on their own.

dan7800

Does anyone have an archive of his MitD shows with music?

Coffeeman

Quote from: onan on December 12, 2015, 05:43:01 AM
I suggest this time, making some kind of subscription fee. Then people might have a legitimate position to request edits that please them.

Or they could invest time and money to gain the capability to edit files on their own.

Editing is not difficult, just time consuming, and wouldn't require any money as long as you're aware of what you're working with.

Ciardelo

I'd like the shows intact, music, news, commercials, all of it. I also listen to a lot of OTR and the news and commercials are sometimes the best parts!

onan

Quote from: Coffeeman on December 12, 2015, 09:07:24 AM
Editing is not difficult, just time consuming, and wouldn't require any money as long as you're aware of what you're working with.

Thanks for that.

I grew up in a small community that lived by the motto: beggars can't be choosers. So seeing people ask for more than what is offered seems bothersome.

williedee

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 12, 2015, 09:19:49 AM
I'd like the shows intact, music, news, commercials, all of it. I also listen to a lot of OTR and the news and commercials are sometimes the best parts!

I'd like to release the MiTD shows in both mp3 and AAC this time. There is a very distinct difference in quality that I'd like to preserve.

I've been using mp3directcut which allows for lossless mp3 and aac editing to cut commercials and stuff.

Before we go any further, I might keep 3 versions of every show:

mp3 - No commercials, no news, only music
aac/m4a - No commercials, no news, only music
aac/m4a - Raw uncut 3 hour show with everything.

Would that work for most of you? I'd estimate total size would be around 25-30gb.

Ciardelo

aac/m4a - Raw uncut 3 hour show with everything please for me.

williedee

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 12, 2015, 10:28:47 AM
aac/m4a - Raw uncut 3 hour show with everything please for me.

Great cause that's super easy to edit! haha!

Ciardelo

Quote from: williedee on December 12, 2015, 10:33:50 AM
Great cause that's super easy to edit! haha!
Shit yes man, why make it hard on yourself? people can do their own editing if Amy or Leo offends them so much.  :)  Seriously though, as a collector of radio shows, all of it is the only way to go. The most highly sought after old time radio shows are the ones with all the news and commercials.

Cydonia195

I may have a few snippets not included in the final torrent.  Let me do some digging and see what I can come up with.

morgana213

Thanks williedee for doing this.  Such a sad day.  :'(

norland2424

Quote from: williedee on December 12, 2015, 10:25:47 AM
I'd like to release the MiTD shows in both mp3 and AAC this time. There is a very distinct difference in quality that I'd like to preserve.

I've been using mp3directcut which allows for lossless mp3 and aac editing to cut commercials and stuff.

Before we go any further, I might keep 3 versions of every show:

mp3 - No commercials, no news, only music
aac/m4a - No commercials, no news, only music
aac/m4a - Raw uncut 3 hour show with everything.

Would that work for most of you? I'd estimate total size would be around 25-30gb.

I hate to ask but is there any torrent for the somewhere in times that have been released in the last few months.

wr250

Quote from: norland2424 on December 12, 2015, 11:21:45 AM
I hate to ask but is there any torrent for the somewhere in times that have been released in the last few months.
Willie is thinking about a update  torrent

phrodo

Quote from: morgana213 on December 12, 2015, 11:18:32 AM
Thanks williedee for doing this.  Such a sad day.  :'(

I agree on both counts ... and double on the thanks to williedee! The recent SIT new lost classics help a lot too as I never listen to C2C at all anymore - not even on Saturday. Sure wish we could get Keith to leak his archives .. you know likely has every show Art did since working with him -- likely very high quality too.