• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Final Torrent

Started by williedee, October 27, 2013, 12:04:08 AM

williedee

Still trucking along, 5.72TB = a little over 85 people just from my server alone, let alone the other dozen or so seeds :)

Glad everyone's still enjoying the shows!

jazmunda

The majority (almost all) of SIT shows which air on Saturday evenings are new and not available on the torrent.

Long live SIT. Bless George and his bosses for this ongoing gift to Art Bell fans everywhere. We love you George.

I almost said that without vomiting.

williedee

Quote from: jazmunda on July 15, 2014, 05:08:19 PM
The majority (almost all) of SIT shows which air on Saturday evenings are new and not available on the torrent.

Bless George and his bosses ... We love you George.

I ... said that... .

Jeez jaz, what's gotten into you?  ;)

jazmunda

Quote from: williedee on July 15, 2014, 09:21:51 PM

Jeez jaz, what's gotten into you?  ;)

Temporary insanity.

Long live SIT. Bless George and his bosses for this ongoing gift to Art Bell fans everywhere. We love you George.

Somewhere in Time has been a complete dream for tape traders, I'd imagine.  Hell, about a quarter of the shows on the torrent are SIT replays, I bet.

williedee

Quote from: Insomniac Missourian on July 16, 2014, 07:39:26 AM
Somewhere in Time has been a complete dream for tape traders, I'd imagine.  Hell, about a quarter of the shows on the torrent are SIT replays, I bet.

Probably 50-60% actually lol. I removed the SIT tag, but they have all "taking you back to december 3rd, 1998" intact haha.

Xitheron

Is anyone recording the new SIT shows?  Jazz u?

wr250

ive uploaded 1/2 a TB (500GB) .

Maybe we can release a archieve of somewhere in time shows every year?

williedee

Quote from: nooryisawesome on July 23, 2014, 01:41:37 PM
Maybe we can release a archieve of somewhere in time shows every year?

if someone wants to collect them and compare them to the current collection, that'd be great.

zeebo

Hey willie et al., I have a random suggestion, which could be kinda cool.  In the file listing, would be neat to have an asterisk next to those shows generally considered classics, if such a general consensus exists.  Just a thought.

Stranger929

Sweet Jesus make it stop!

Like a giant turd floating in a pool, the 2002-09-22 show on Jesus' lost years in India is a C2C show with Snoory. 

Not sure if this has already been caught but I thought I should warn you all.

jazmunda

Quote from: Stranger929 on August 03, 2014, 02:29:15 AM

Like a giant turd floating in a pool, the 2002-09-22 show on Jesus' lost years in India is a C2C show with Snoory. 

I believe they have been included as a razor blade in the candy treat.

williedee

dan7800

I remember that show, it was pretty bad.

ksm32

Welllll.... it's not like the torrent cost you anything right?  You could perhaps right click on it and delete the fucker, right?

Lunger

FYI:

The show labeled: 1999-03-07 Robert AM Stevens

is David John Oates hosting the Saturday Night Reverse Speech Show where Oates is is trying to bash Art and Art's lawyer over the lawsuit both of them had against each other.

jazmunda

Quote from: Lunger on August 20, 2014, 06:16:19 AM
FYI:

The show labeled: 1999-03-07 Robert AM Stevens

is David John Oates hosting the Saturday Night Reverse Speech Show where Oates is is trying to bash Art and Art's lawyer over the lawsuit both of them had against each other.

That sounds like an historic show considering all the shit that's gone down even in the past year.

dan7800

Quote from: ksm32 on August 20, 2014, 12:06:15 AM
Welllll.... it's not like the torrent cost you anything right?  You could perhaps right click on it and delete the fucker, right?

I deleted a bunch of shows, especially the ones with RCH, the numbers lady and such.

zeebo

Thanks for the info Stranger.  I don't understand why anyone would give you a hard time about it, so just wanted to say some of us appreciated your post.

Hope you avoid further unwanted Noory encounters.

Stranger929

Quote from: ksm32 on August 20, 2014, 12:06:15 AM

You're a fucking genius. Thank you so much, how would I ever have come up with such a fantastic solution on my own?

Reading comprehension. Work on that.

jazmunda

Since I made this post the last 5 SIT have been repeats of SIT episodes.

Have Premiere run out of "new" classics or are they just "repaying" the Art Bell fans for their "embracing" of George?

albrecht

Quote from: jazmunda on August 23, 2014, 02:18:25 AM
Since I made this post the last 5 SIT have been repeats of SIT episodes.

Have Premiere run out of "new" classics or are they just "repaying" the Art Bell fans for their "embracing" of George?
I'm no mathematician but at some point they would have to repeat. And who is to say they select the SIT shows also based on some criteria? Or maybe the selection is truly random in which case the same show could pop up? (I had an old CD player that had random play and it seemed to be truly random. Sometimes it would play same track again even. I heard Apple early on changed their random track algorithm to avoid such things with iPod?)

jazmunda

Quote from: albrecht on August 23, 2014, 08:28:36 AM
I'm no mathematician but at some point they would have to repeat. And who is to say they select the SIT shows also based on some criteria? Or maybe the selection is truly random in which case the same show could pop up? (I had an old CD player that had random play and it seemed to be truly random. Sometimes it would play same track again even. I heard Apple early on changed their random track algorithm to avoid such things with iPod?)

CDs usually have a dozen or a little more tracks. Surely the SIT archive boasts a lot more than that? There must be over 1,000 shows from 95 to the early 00s to choose from. Perhaps they have just put it in the too much work to bother basket as they would have to condense many 5 hour shows into the 4 hour slot.

ksm32

Quote from: Stranger929 on August 23, 2014, 02:03:13 AM
You're a fucking genius. Thank you so much, how would I ever have come up with such a fantastic solution on my own?

Reading comprehension. Work on that.

Geez, took you long enough. And I read you just fine Linda, XOXO :-*

I appreciate that the 1995 after dark scans were included. So much fun flipping through them while listening to these old shows.

onan

So, when are you lazy sons of elderberries, going to find the missing shows... I am almost through what you torrented... moar pls.

Quote from: onan on August 27, 2014, 06:00:26 AM
So, when are you lazy sons of elderberries, going to find the missing shows... I am almost through what you torrented... moar pls.

Me too.

Does't coast insider have more if you subscribe?
Or did we get all the art shows from there?