• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Final Torrent

Started by williedee, October 27, 2013, 12:04:08 AM

Does anyone have the SIT episodes that came out after the torrent? or know where to get them?

Also are any of the recent SIT "new" or are they all in the ultimate torrent?

I know for a long while SIT episodes were ones that were all in the torrent.

jazmunda

Quote from: nooryisawesome on November 19, 2014, 01:47:12 AM
Does anyone have the SIT episodes that came out after the torrent? or know where to get them?

Also are any of the recent SIT "new" or are they all in the ultimate torrent?

I know for a long while SIT episodes were ones that were all in the torrent.

I have them. The last few months however have all been repeats. When I say repeats I don't just mean shows that were in collections already that were recorded when they originally aired I mean they are actually repeating SIT episodes that they have already cut and aired. Lazy pricks.

Quote from: jazmunda on November 19, 2014, 01:57:25 AM
I have them. The last few months however have all been repeats. When I say repeats I don't just mean shows that were in collections already that were recorded when they originally aired I mean they are actually repeating SIT episodes that they have already cut and aired. Lazy pricks.

The "repeats" are getting annoying. I think it is telling near Halloween they didn't even run Arts G2G old shows, I think they are afraid people would see how much better Art was then Noory.

jazmunda

There are actually quite a number of SIT episodes not in the final torrent. Many of them aired whilst it was all being compiled so I guess there had to be a cut off point. I was still collecting them up until Coast got lazy and started repeating them. I still check back every now and again but it looks like it is easier for them to repeat them than to cut "new" ones.

Quote from: jazmunda on November 19, 2014, 02:20:19 AM
There are actually quite a number of SIT episodes not in the final torrent. Many of them aired whilst it was all being compiled so I guess there had to be a cut off point. I was still collecting them up until Coast got lazy and started repeating them. I still check back every now and again but it looks like it is easier for them to repeat them than to cut "new" ones.

I wish there was a way to obtain the missing one.

jazmunda

Quote from: nooryisawesome on November 19, 2014, 02:34:35 AM
I wish there was a way to obtain the missing one.

This giggly fucker could get off his high horse to help if he wanted to. :P

Quote from: nooryisawesome on October 22, 2014, 11:17:30 PM
Fucker was progressively less giggly, but always giggled.

Quote from: nooryisawesome on November 13, 2014, 12:37:17 AM
Feel free to get off your high horse.

ksm32

Quote from: jazmunda on November 19, 2014, 02:20:19 AM

Quote from: nooryisawesome on November 19, 2014, 02:15:58 AM
The "repeats" are getting annoying. I think it is telling near Halloween they didn't even run Arts G2G old shows, I think they are afraid people would see how much better Art was then Noory.

I have started to question just how many SIT shows they (C2C) actually have.  I have been a streamlink member since late 2010 just for the ART shows just so I could record them.  I've spent a lot of time searching their archives for what we all want and.. 

..I believe the reason for all the repeats over the last 5ish months are because the wheel has spun back around, as in, that's all folks.   I don't think we should all assume that they have the mother load.

My educated guesstimate is that there are about 60-80 shows that the BIG torrent does not have.  That being said, who could complain.

They REALLY should discuss this on the GABCAST ;) Mr. Munda?

jazmunda

Quote from: ksm32 on November 19, 2014, 03:34:13 AM

They REALLY should discuss this on the GABCAST ;) Mr. Munda?

I believe I've voiced my opinions about SIT on the GabCast and in these threads that I must sound like a broken record.

I think they do have access to the motherload. I have no evidence for this just a gut feel. In the last few months before they went into repeats they started airing "new" shows from 1994. To me that says that they have some gems in the vault.

I truly believe they are just either being lazy or just being dicks and holding out on us. Who can blame them considering our vitriol towards them.

ksm32

Quote from: jazmunda on November 19, 2014, 03:43:32 AM
I believe I've voiced my opinions about SIT on the GabCast and in these threads that I must sound like a broken record.

I think they do have access to the motherload. I have no evidence for this just a gut feel. In the last few months before they went into repeats they started airing "new" shows from 1994. To me that says that they have some gems in the vault.

I truly believe they are just either being lazy or just being dicks and holding out on us. Who can blame them considering our vitriol towards them.

You may have two points there. As for the third? I may have missed you bringing it up in the past.  Hmm.

Legally, are they set up to have the 'motherload'?  There must be some strange paperwork, or lack of somewhere.  If you look back through those streamlink pages where the audio is NOT available those 94s are still listed.

However, at the end of the day, they may just be "being dicks" about it as you stated.  We need an insider or hacker to release the hounds.

I can't help but think somewhere there are shows some old cat lady faithfully recorded.  There are probably 10 boxes labeled Art Bell sitting in the attic of someone's inherited house.

As other have stated, I am curious as to how Art transferred all his shows to premier, was there an electronic version of the shows, or did he pass off boxes full of cassettes.

I am very grateful for the final torrent, I just wish there were a way to get more Art shows. I remember some very good shows that are essentially "lost'.

albrecht

Quote from: nooryisawesome on November 19, 2014, 04:20:33 AM
I can't help but think somewhere there are shows some old cat lady faithfully recorded.  There are probably 10 boxes labeled Art Bell sitting in the attic of someone's inherited house.

As other have stated, I am curious as to how Art transferred all his shows to premier, was there an electronic version of the shows, or did he pass off boxes full of cassettes.

I am very grateful for the final torrent, I just wish there were a way to get more Art shows. I remember some very good shows that are essentially "lost'.
I forget the name(s) but there was internet streaming company who was broadcasting his shows for a point. So I would reckon that, somewhere, there had to be at least a master harddrive of his shows. And clever internet nerds at the time might have been recording them before the internet got DRM and PRN got savvy to free streaming and decided to go with streamlink etc for pay. Things is with changes in companies, computer harddrives, and lack of foresight they might have been forgotten, thrown away, lost in mergers, deleted for space, etc. But, like "lost' old movies and tv, I hope some are "found" in a warehouse or someone's attic at some point.

wr250

Quote from: albrecht on November 19, 2014, 10:40:05 AM
I forget the name(s) but there was internet streaming company who was broadcasting his shows for a point. So I would reckon that, somewhere, there had to be at least a master harddrive of his shows. And clever internet nerds at the time might have been recording them before the internet got DRM and PRN got savvy to free streaming and decided to go with streamlink etc for pay. Things is with changes in companies, computer harddrives, and lack of foresight they might have been forgotten, thrown away, lost in mergers, deleted for space, etc. But, like "lost' old movies and tv, I hope some are "found" in a warehouse or someone's attic at some point.

art probably has all of his coast shows. rowland probaby does too.

Quote from: albrecht on November 19, 2014, 10:40:05 AM

Broadcast.com Mark Cuban company sold it to yahoo.

Quote from: wr250 on November 19, 2014, 11:53:49 AM

art probably has all of his coast shows. rowland probaby does too.

If art kept them, I know he didn't record them after he sold to premier because in a couple shows he wanted to replay something and said he'd have to get with the network to get a recording. I am not sure why Rowland would have recorded them or kept them.

wr250

Quote from: nooryisawesome on November 19, 2014, 06:32:19 PM
If art kept them, I know he didn't record them after he sold to premier because in a couple shows he wanted to replay something and said he'd have to get with the network to get a recording. I am not sure why Rowland would have recorded them or kept them.

to post on the website, artbell.com ,or upload to whatever service was serving them out.

Quote from: wr250 on November 19, 2014, 08:59:44 PM

to post on the website, artbell.com ,or upload to whatever service was serving them out.

I don't recall the shows being posted to artbell.com. I would think the service would handle recording and posting them.

I do know art when he owned the show, would sometimes replay pieces from previous shows so someone was recording them. I am assuming Art himself.

albrecht

Hey Art, Keith, (or whomever) these days you can "release" your archives anonymously over Tor networks and torrents. Hint, hint.

laserjock

I doubt they know how to do torrents anonymously.  Besides, there's always risk in doing torrents, nothing is a sure deal.

wr250

Quote from: albrecht on November 20, 2014, 11:30:22 AM
Hey Art, Keith, (or whomever) these days you can "release" your archives anonymously over Tor networks and torrents. Hint, hint.

i recall art saying he used to record his shows on vhs, because it would go 5hrs. i suspect he has a basement full of vhs tapes (or maybe it was beta , thought he said vhs). i would be happy to rip those to mp3, if i had those in hand. esp the pre 1995 stuff (premier bought him out in 96 i believe).

laserjock

What I'd do, if I were Art and I wanted to make the shows available to the world in spite of Premier's skullduggary, I'd ship copies of those tapes anonymously to MV and he could recruit all of us to make them into digital audio files.  I'd lobby for them to be done in FLAC format (lossless codec) and let people convert them as they wanted to.  MP3 is lossy, especially if the bit rate isn't a good one.  Yeah, I know it's not symphonic music, but whatever fidelity can be maintained, the better it is.

wr250

Quote from: laserjock on November 20, 2014, 01:13:32 PM
What I'd do, if I were Art and I wanted to make the shows available to the world in spite of Premier's skullduggary, I'd ship copies of those tapes anonymously to MV and he could recruit all of us to make them into digital audio files.  I'd lobby for them to be done in FLAC format (lossless codec) and let people convert them as they wanted to.  MP3 is lossy, especially if the bit rate isn't a good one.  Yeah, I know it's not symphonic music, but whatever fidelity can be maintained, the better it is.

we dont want to preserve the tape hiss though,lol.

cweb

Could always notch filter them pre-digitizing. Sure, you lose something-- but tape hiss is annoying.

I recall the VHS recording.

Art has also said his c2c shows have ran their course. So I doubt he is going to pull a snowden leak.

I still find shows vastly enjoyable. They keep me company on my 3rd shift job.

basis

Greetings,

I just wanted to say thank you for putting together the Final Torrent. I successfully downloaded and I am now  seeding. I will seed until ratio 3 or 4.0. I am not even a lurker, I recall signing up but never started ready threads. I got a mass email for a live podcast and checked out the forum, noticing the torrent thread. I just wanted the John Keel show from 2002, and received much more!

My regards,

basis

williedee

Quote from: basis on November 25, 2014, 08:03:13 PM
Greetings,

I just wanted to say thank you for putting together the Final Torrent. I successfully downloaded and I am now  seeding. I will seed until ratio 3 or 4.0. I am not even a lurker, I recall signing up but never started ready threads. I got a mass email for a live podcast and checked out the forum, noticing the torrent thread. I just wanted the John Keel show from 2002, and received much more!

My regards,

basis

But seriously, glad you're enjoying it. :)

henge0stone

Quote from: williedee on October 27, 2013, 12:04:08 AM
Update - 4/20/2014 - Its finished!
Magnet link:

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:5EC9255FB9FE4587FFC908BDCAB893388B33979B&dn=the+ultimate+art+bell+collection&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337%2Fannounce

There it is boys and girls, 1330+ individual shows and some extras. All tagged, formatted, corrected, sorted, and album art-ed up for maximum enjoyment.

Its not perfect, no. But its better than anything else out there ;)

So that's all I've got to say. Thanks to everyone who helped, I truly couldn't have done it without the support and expertise of many on this forum. This was a real team effort.

As some of you know, I've begun the final phase of work for the "final" art bell torrent.

With the influx of new shows provided by widespread and a few others, I have been able to add about 150-200 new shows to the years 1992-2003. I have also begun to work on tagging the 2004-2010 shows, which total around 280.

I thought I'd create a thread to keep ya'll updated, and to ask for opinions. Here's the format of everything I'm doing so far.

Filename: yyyy-mm-dd - Coast to Coast AM with Art Bell - Guest/Topic - Guest/Topic.mp3

Title: exact same as filename
Artist - Art Bell .. Even though I'm sure there are a few shows in there that are hosted by barbara simpson or linda moulton howe (mostly dreamland)

Album Artist: Art Bell

Album: Now here's where I'd like some input. I was planning on just doing Coast to Coast AM with Art Bell, but now I'm considering naming it something like "The Ultimate Art Bell Collection" . Thoughts?

Year: Year that it was broadcasted

Genre : paranormal talk radio? or maybe just Talk

Album Art: I have the ability to add a picture to each mp3 file, and I was thinking it'd be fun to put a picture of art or something for it. Any suggestions?

Extras:
So in addition to the art bell mp3s, I've been adding other extras to the folder.
I currently have the following extras
1995 AfterDark Magazines
October, 2000 Dreamland Website Snapshot
Phil Hendrie's Art Bell Parodies
Scans of the complete show lists of dreamland and c2c
The Art of Talk audiobook
Another snapshot of the art bell website
misc. audio and oodballs that aren't long or shows, etc

In conclusion, this is what I'd to ask from you:
What would you like to see in this "final" version? Is there something you'd like me to add, or do different?

Also, I'd like to have some people "beta test" the collection when it's near completion to check for errors and the like. Since this is a 1 man operation, i'm bound to miss stuff.

Lastly, if anybody would like to help tag the 2004-2010 files, please let me know. Currently I have every show named "2004-01-01 - Coast to Coast AM with Art Bell - " with no guest, and no topic. There are around 280 shows to add this information for, so itd be a lot of work for just 1 person. Please let me know if you'd like to help.

Thanks all, I can't wait to get this out there!

Fricken Awesome torrent Williedee and everyone who helped with it!'
I love the massive amount of Dreamland shows in this archive. Finally I got to hear Max the Crystal Skull, John Anthony West, John Mack and so much more, I'm just getting started. I love the show lists too they really put things in perspective as to when shows aired. Good work everyone!

jan78

Quote from: henge0stone on January 18, 2015, 08:22:45 PM
Fricken Awesome torrent Williedee and everyone who helped with it!'
I love the massive amount of Dreamland shows in this archive. Finally I got to hear Max the Crystal Skull, John Anthony West, John Mack and so much more, I'm just getting started. I love the show lists too they really put things in perspective as to when shows aired. Good work everyone!
You are most welcome! Great to hear.

Noticed that Coast has begun airing new SIT material - a complete new one, and one that we only had part of.  Trying not to read too much into this. Probably some fluke...

Pale Horse

Hey EV1 .. trying to find information about an episode. I posted this yesterday in a couple other threads. Got sent over here for help.

The show started with a warning. Something along the lines of: "Don't listen to this show; it's too potent. It might upset you deeply. Please be advised. Please don't listen if you are a sensitive type of person not wanting to hear true stories of real evil in our world." 

HOLY SHIT, what a teaser. I knew I would be staying up for the next four hours listening.

The show was about satanic 'baby factories' where women were held as sex-slaves and forced to have children who were then ritually abused and sacrificed. Man, that was scary stuff. Does anyone remember this episode? What was the Date of this show anyone? Who was the guest? It had to be like 1999. Still haunted by that.

311guy1

Quote from: Pale Horse on February 08, 2015, 02:06:09 PM
Hey EV1 .. trying to find information about an episode. I posted this yesterday in a couple other threads. Got sent over here for help.

The show started with a warning. Something along the lines of: "Don't listen to this show; it's too potent. It might upset you deeply. Please be advised. Please don't listen if you are a sensitive type of person not wanting to hear true stories of real evil in our world." 

HOLY SHIT, what a teaser. I knew I would be staying up for the next four hours listening.

The show was about satanic 'baby factories' where women were held as sex-slaves and forced to have children who were then ritually abused and sacrificed. Man, that was scary stuff. Does anyone remember this episode? What was the Date of this show anyone? Who was the guest? It had to be like 1999. Still haunted by that.

The Harlot the Witch show maybe? I swear I've heard him give that type of warning before. Hell, he even gave a similar warning before the Ed Dames Phoenix lights hoax episode. But that Harlot episode was creepy enough for sure to get a warning like you mentioned.