• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

UFOs

Started by ArtBellFan, April 08, 2008, 08:39:26 PM

Are some flying saucers extraterrestrial in origin?

Yes
8 (61.5%)
No
1 (7.7%)
Not Sure
4 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: September 19, 2013, 09:57:21 PM

b_dubb

I'm listening to Ivan T Sanderson discuss the Braxton County Monster. Definitely sets a mood. An interesting story told well. It's  refreshing to hear a conversation where the word dude is never uttered. Not once.

Up All Night

CERN Collider back online, and the Calbuco Volcano erupts after being silent for 40 years ??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boG2VslYA3Y

Centurion40

I heard some whacked British dude (a council politician, whose name escapes me) claim that the CERN super collider is actually a machine used to open a gateway to another dimension and that "they" (Satanic Illuminati controlled by reptilian aliens) need to use it within the next two years in order to complete some invasion; or they will have lost their window of opportunity.

He also said something about a "false flag" invasion using earth made triangular UFOs.  This dude had all bases covered; he even brought-in the supernatural, claiming that he not only interacted with alien reptiles, but also mantids and Jinn.  Yeah, Jinn!  ::)

b_dubb

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=QHQoAAAAIBAJ&sjid=4McEAAAAIBAJ&pg=2744,6092831

Way before my time but I grew up about a mile north of tower. Had my own experience in the early-mid seventies.

Ah, the 90's UFO days... I lived fairly close to Fort Rucker, Alabama back then. We used to get this weird, pulsating hum at night and in our eager imaginations saw a few weird lights in the sky we wanted to believe were UFOs. Nothing that could have really been paranormal or secretive I am sure. I do have a fun base story though.

We were really into The X-Files (I even had a big magnetic X-Files "X" on my Marquis) and Twin Peaks. One summer night, myself and 2 female friends of mine took a late night trip to Fort Rucker. We were listening to the "Dear Dianne" Twin Peaks tape and driving around the fence of the air field when we decided to explore the area a bit more.

After driving around the base (This was before it was sealed after 9/11) we somehow ended up on what I recall as the "tank trail". Rucker is an Army Aviation Helicopter flight training school, but I guess since helicopters are used to destroy tanks (among other things) they had a course that went through the a heavily wooded area. It was very eerie driving down the unlit dirt roads as creepy parts of Laura Palmer's murder were discussed on the stereo.

We were enjoying being creeped out and exploring the sinister woods from the safety of the car when we noticed small lights above us. We hadn't noticed an Apache hovering above the tree line following us. They put their spotlight on and we freaked out. The fun ended quickly as we panicked and swung the car around in a childish attempt to flee before the MPs showed.

In hindsight a car chase through the woods with a helicopter is kind of rad. At the time though, it wasn't. After a bit, it became clear they were just fucking with us. No MPs showed and they buzzed us as we finally got out of the proverbial woods. I guess they were bored as us that night. At the time, it one could almost imagine we had chanced upon some secret and were going to pay. Good times.

Centurion40

Great story.  I was in the Army Reserve in the early 80's and we sure would fuck with people who wandered onto a base at night.

Quote from: Centurion40 on June 12, 2015, 12:09:20 PM
Great story.  I was in the Army Reserve in the early 80's and we sure would fuck with people who wandered onto a base at night.

Yeah, it scarred the crap outta us at first. Gotta love base life!

chefist

Quote from: Jackstar on June 29, 2015, 10:52:15 AM
your tax dollars at work

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wySFvmvr6Mg

I think this might be the real deal...NASA immediately cut transmission after this AND now no comment...

Jackstar

Quote from: chefist on June 29, 2015, 10:57:41 AM
NASA immediately cut transmission after this AND now no comment...

This "allegedly" happens quite often.

chefist

Quote from: Jackstar on June 29, 2015, 11:25:13 AM
This "allegedly" happens quite often.

any idea what part of the world was being filmed at the time?

coaster

That could be almost anything. Its hard to use anything in that video for reference, so you can't tell how close or far it is, or its shape or size. There really is nothing in that video that would prove it is "UFOS, angels or biological things leaving the Earth".

onan

More than 21,000 orbital debris larger than 10 cm are known to exist. The estimated population of particles between 1 and 10 cm in diameter is approximately 500,000. The number of particles smaller than 1 cm exceeds 100 million. 4).
NASA Orbital Debris FAQs

chefist

Quote from: coaster on June 29, 2015, 12:11:29 PM
That could be almost anything. Its hard to use anything in that video for reference, so you can't tell how close or far it is, or its shape or size. There really is nothing in that video that would prove it is "UFOS, angels or biological things leaving the Earth".

hater

chefist

Quote from: onan on June 29, 2015, 03:57:46 PM
More than 21,000 orbital debris larger than 10 cm are known to exist. The estimated population of particles between 1 and 10 cm in diameter is approximately 500,000. The number of particles smaller than 1 cm exceeds 100 million. 4).
NASA Orbital Debris FAQs

it might be for sure...interesting that they cut the stream though...

SciFiAuthor

Funny enough, it's probably not space debris. The reason being is that NASA goes through great pains to avoid any kind of space debris. Even a paint chip becomes lethal if the ISS plows into it at almost 5 miles a second. They have all that orbital debris mapped very accurately and they give it a wide birth, sometimes hundreds of miles, for margin of error.

What's more likely is that it's residue from the ISS' RCS thrusters. Before and after a burn, a small amount of uncombusted MMH and NTO fuel is emitted which freezes into ice crystals which invariably are the culprit in these kinds of NASA UFO videos.

But this one is a bit different in that the physics of the object doesn't look quite right for that. But we also don't know how the ISS is oriented or when it last fired its thrusters. We don't know if the video has been altered, so I'd like to see the original footage without the zooming. Intriguing, but I'd like to see more.

maureen

Quote from: onan on June 29, 2015, 03:57:46 PM
NASA Orbital Debris FAQs
Has anyone ever suggested a mission to clean up the debris? a Garbage Collectors in Space, if you will?

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: maureen on June 30, 2015, 12:33:48 PM
Has anyone ever suggested a mission to clean up the debris? a Garbage Collectors in Space, if you will?

There's not really a way to do it with current technology, though there may be possibilities in the future such as zapping things with high powered lasers. That's actually a big concern that a rogue state with missile technology can make space completely unusable with enough debris. We'd be trapped here indefinitely.

The good news is that everything that goes up must eventually come down. It would take centuries, but it will clear up on its own if we manage it properly and make sure we don't add to the problem.

Centurion40

I just noticed that C2C did a show, last month, on the Shag Harbour incident.  I can't believe that I've never brought this up before, but I knew the 2nd RCMP Constable on the scene (the Barrington- Shelburne constable called him in from Yarmouth for assistance), and I have had extensive conversations with him about the incident.  I live in Nova Scotia, fyi.

By the time that he arrived on scene, the object had already crashed into the ocean.  He didn't see anything in the air or under the water.  He was an amateur sailor, and was elected to go out on the fishing boats to help look for survivors (as the thinking was that a plane had crashed).  He said that when they arrived in the area that the crash supposedly occurred, the ocean was covered with an orange foam, the likes of which no one had ever seen before.  I don't recall if he remarked upon any smells. He arranged to get a couple of Mason jars brought out to him and he took samples.  He sent one to the RCMP crime lab, but he said that he didn't trust them, so he sent another jar to the Dept. of Defence for analysis.  I asked him if he ever heard back, and he said "yes", he was basically told that the results were classified and he wasn't entitled to know the outcome of the analysis.

I taped (VHS) a documentary on the event to share with him.  He noticed that there was a still picture of him, taken from the back, standing next to the ocean with a child next to him.  He asked me if he could keep the tape, to share with his son.  Of course I let him keep it.  He told me that the documentary was incorrect when it indicated that when the Navy divers came out of the ocean with materials that they did not take into the ocean.  He said that they did not recover anything, or take anything out of the sea that they did not originally take with them into the sea. 

But he said that one thing that was not reflected in the documentary was that the Navy divers saw, and photographed a trench or swath that had been carved into the ocean floor; as if something (about 10 feet wide) had freshly scraped its way through the seaweed, etc., from shallow waters, in a line, out to deep sea.  The swath appeared to run in a north-easterly direction, towards Shelburne.

I asked him what he thought happened.  He said that they figured it was a "Russian robot", a device sent by the Soviets to probe and spy upon the (then top secret) SOSUS facility in Shelburne, jointly operated by the USN and Canadian Navy.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Centurion40 on August 19, 2015, 01:35:32 PM
Interesting story:

http://www.theblackvault.com/casefiles/arctic-ufo-photographs-uss-trepang-ssn-674-march-1971/

George had a MUFON investigator on C2C a few weeks back talking about this story.  Having interviewed nuke submariners for articles in the past, they are the tightest career field within the the military, with the possible exception of some of the Spec Ops guys.  If this sighting occurred, I think it's a fair assumption it is known within that tight-knit community.  The youngest crewmen in the sub service (and aboard Trepang) in 1971 are in their late 60s now, so it will be interesting to see how many of them, if any, come forward to confirm this story in the near future before they pass.