• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

How much of a Whoreder are you?

Started by ziznak, April 30, 2012, 11:21:18 AM

ziznak

Snoory says: "In these troubled times, you need to have a solid supply of storable food in your home."

I've got maybe 2-3 days in food and bottled water so I know I'm screwed if it all comes down... what about you guys???

Juan

Morgus

Quote from: ziznak on April 30, 2012, 11:21:18 AM
I've got maybe 2-3 days in food and bottled water so I know I'm screwed if it all comes down... what about you guys???
i figure if a big disaster happens you will need more than you could possibly store anyway. 
and the big hoarders will just become big targets for others.  :P

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Morgus on April 30, 2012, 02:21:30 PM
i figure if a big disaster happens you will need more than you could possibly store anyway. 
and the big hoarders will just become big targets for others.  :P

this is right.  what people REALLY need to stock up on, if they are truly concerned about this scenario, are guns and ammo.  period.  if a "road warrior" situation should arise, a stockpile of fuel, food and water will be useless without arms to protect it.

Frys Girl

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on April 30, 2012, 02:28:50 PM

this is right.  what people REALLY need to stock up on, if they are truly concerned about this scenario, are guns and ammo.  period.  if a "road warrior" situation should arise, a stockpile of fuel, food and water will be useless without arms to protect it.
i learned this playing oregon trail.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Frys Girl on April 30, 2012, 03:13:00 PM
i learned this playing oregon trail.
That game was actually part of our overall grade for computer class when I was in junior high. I usually died before reaching Colorado or Utah. To paraphrase Bruce Springsteen from the Glory Days video , "Dysentery got me...bottom of the ninth".

And, no, it wasn't a school for special needs students. My presence there was merely coincidental.

ziznak

i used to name my whole party after people in my family and then get pissed when they all died of TB

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ziznak on April 30, 2012, 03:55:33 PM
i used to name my whole party after people in my family and then get pissed when they all died of TB

LOL

Quote from: ziznak on April 30, 2012, 11:21:18 AM
Snoory says: "In these troubled times, you need to have a solid supply of storable food in your home."

If I am interpreting correctly the subtext of this topic, we are in agreement then that should such a drastic change in society occur, we are taking George's supplies first?

How disappointing then it would be to discover George had not practiced what he preached/sold and all we found were empty PAYDAY candy bar wrappers and mustache styling wax.

Not even a "Seed Safe" on the premises to start humanity again!  :(

Morgus

coincidentally the old doom&gloom disaster mad max scenario was the topic on c2c again last night. :o

Frys Girl

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on April 30, 2012, 06:59:22 PM
If I am interpreting correctly the subtext of this topic, we are in agreement then that should such a drastic change in society occur, we are taking George's supplies first?

How disappointing then it would be to discover George had not practiced what he preached/sold and all we found were empty PAYDAY candy bar wrappers and mustache styling wax.

I love your writing style. You're amazing!

Quote from: Frys Girl on May 01, 2012, 08:52:12 PM
I love your writing style. You're amazing!

Thanks, Frys Girl.  You've been connected to this forum for just about as long as myself - and you have been far more consistent - making your comment mean even more.

But did I sell you on purchasing a Seed Safe for a future crisis garden?  ;)

A couple of years ago Ian actually did a broadcast from the studio instead of from his home (or so he said).  He mentioned that Noory did have bottles of supplements all over the place.  He said he made them into little towers as a surprise for George when he got back.

So if the apocalypse would be more fun with Tumeric and Super Prostate, you know where to go.

Frys Girl

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on May 02, 2012, 12:29:35 AM
Thanks, Frys Girl.  You've been connected to this forum for just about as long as myself - and you have been far more consistent - making your comment mean even more.

But did I sell you on purchasing a Seed Safe for a future crisis garden?  ;)
Yes. I'll take two and what the heck? Throw in a coast insider subscription!

texaskdog

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on April 30, 2012, 03:31:56 PM
         That game was actually part of our overall grade for computer class when I was in junior high. I usually died before reaching Colorado or Utah. To paraphrase Bruce Springsteen from the Glory Days video , "Dysentery got me...bottom of the ninth".

And, no, it wasn't a school for special needs students. My presence there was merely coincidental.

and remember how amazing the game was!  My friends played a version called Sex Trail 64.  I was only 10 so I didn't understand most of it.

Marc.Knight

Should one dare to closely inspect the drum of amber-like mustache styling wax perhaps it may yield hope after all.  Close inspection would reveal a variety of oddities left behind after one "George Noory" finger plunged into its cloudy depths.  Perhaps humanity could be saved by extracting DNA of turmeric, mustache hair, bits of hotdog or pizza... 

I have about 25-30 gallons of water on hand (half full rain water barrels for the garden) .

In a pinch I would probably try to scrounge 71 gallons out of the water heater. Is that stuff potable?

I actually have lots of canned food-just a coincidence though. I am not really stocking for the coming apocalypse.

Quote from: M. Knight on May 02, 2012, 06:35:55 AM

Should one dare to closely inspect the drum of amber-like mustache styling wax perhaps it may yield hope after all.  Close inspection would reveal a variety of oddities left behind after one "George Noory" finger plunged into its cloudy depths.  Perhaps humanity could be saved by extracting DNA of turmeric, mustache hair, bits of hotdog or pizza...

Georassic Spark: The Ultimate Genome

(in France, for marketing considerations, the movie title used translates simply as Planet Full Of Noory.)

Quote from: DangerousBlossom on May 02, 2012, 12:48:12 AM
A couple of years ago Ian actually did a broadcast from the studio instead of from his home (or so he said).  He mentioned that Noory did have bottles of supplements all over the place.

I wonder if Noory received these supplements from various guests and/or companies he endorses?  Similar to the books he accrues and occasionally gives away only if a caller solves some kind of ridiculous riddle/trivia.

It would have been amusing if Ian had awarded callers with George's  supplements:

"OK, we're going to clear the phone lines in a moment and when we do, the very first person we pick up will win a case of Tim's Turmeric, a case of Super Beta Rhino Horn Prostate,  AND a book by tonight's guest and science fiction author, Dunlop K. Pick, who claims to be the only living third cousin of D.B. Cooper; said book bearing the title The Man Who Jumped.  OK? We're clearing the lines now in 3... 2... 1." 

ziznak

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on May 02, 2012, 10:49:00 PM
In a pinch I would probably try to scrounge 71 gallons out of the water heater. Is that stuff potable?

it depends on how much sediment has built up at the bottom... ya know around the spout you would use to salvage whats inside when the crap goes down?... so... yeah yer gonna need to hook up a filtration system or something.  Honestly I would just drink it anyway...

Quote from: ziznak on May 05, 2012, 10:03:04 PM
it depends on how much sediment has built up at the bottom... ya know around the spout you would use to salvage whats inside when the crap goes down?... so... yeah yer gonna need to hook up a filtration system or something.  Honestly I would just drink it anyway...

Thank you for the reply ziz.

Sounds like a go then. I have several liters of bleach in my house as well. I guess 100 gallons would last me maybe 2 months.

So as a side note...I have actually been looking at buying land in Wyoming and Nevada (multiple parcels) over the last year. Land in these two states is ridiculously expensive-mainly because of the attached water rights. Land without the water rights though is dirt cheap. Energy and other companies will buy these parcels for the water rights (and I think there is already some land speculation going on for carbon taxes in the future) and asset strip down the land and sell it for nothing. (Can anyone verify this with personal experience from purchasing land?).

I was thinking about buying some large parcels of land in NV/WY and then dividing them out and selling some to preppers.

Because when the SHTF no one is going to give a rat's posterior about water rights and carbon tax.

Having land/terrain you know well and have a chance to build on does have value though.

ziznak

sound like you at least have a plan to cash in on the doomsday preppers... maybe u can get george to invest?? lol, im just curious about all that bleach you have... seems a bit much to me.

Quote from: ziznak on May 06, 2012, 01:55:04 PM
sound like you at least have a plan to cash in on the doomsday preppers... maybe u can get george to invest?? lol, im just curious about all that bleach you have... seems a bit much to me.
I wasnt really looking to sell for a huge profit, mainly just looking to find people to split up a large parcel with. Most of the land is sold in 3s - 2x a 40 acre plot and 1x 160 acres.

I just use the bleach for general cleaning, mopping, cleaning the kitchen and bathroom, etc. I also cook lots of fish so the garbage can stink so I throw a cup of bleach and some water in the can to clean it.

I mentioned the bleach because I know you can throw a couple drops of bleach in a water bottle and leave it out in the sun and it will kill most of the pathogens in the water.

ziznak

ummmmm.... yeah well.. i would suggest not drinking it but... desperate times ya know... desperate measures.... I know a few people that clean everything with bleach too... lol... hence i was curious if you were making chem bombs or just cleaning with it... and maybe even drinking it... hehe

considered this option at one point... http://www.missilebases.com/properties

it would have been sweet too. the deal breaker was that i couldn't get a reload kit for the damned thing.  8)

ziznak

There was a show where they featured a misslebase house and its hippy occupants... forget the name of it but yeah not a bad idea... theyre supposed to be cheap to buy but expensive to renovate into a dwelling tho

fysisist

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on May 02, 2012, 10:49:00 PM
I actually have lots of canned food-just a coincidence though. I am not really stocking for the coming apocalypse.

haha... i'm with you there.  I'm always impulsively buying cans of this or that at the grocery store.  Looks good when I pick it up but somehow not very interesting when I'm scrounging through the cupboard looking for some dinner grub.  Who says OCD is not a life skill?