• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

scottydawg

For the love of all that is sacred don't tell Bobo about the "Donkey Shows" down in Mexico! :o

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: scottydawg on June 07, 2016, 08:18:59 PM
For the love of all that is sacred don't tell Bobo about the "Donkey Shows" down in Mexico! :o

I think you just did. Ooops!  :o

Tinfoil_Helm

Quote from: Art Bell on June 06, 2016, 01:17:43 PM
I did not say they were boring or played out. Pretty sure I said that when I turned to the Paranormal I was pretty much alone, now everybody is doing it with the same Guests pretty much on show after show. I think i also noted there have not been many big incidents in recent Years.

Why do people put words in other people's mouths?

Art

Good grief, what's with this guy?  He's not even good at bullshitting us anymore.  Let me adjust it using YOUR EXACT FUCKING WORDS then, eh?

So wait, first it was a crazed gunman, then his health, now it's because when he turned to the Paranormal I was pretty much alone, now everybody is doing it with the same Guests pretty much on show after show?  I'm starting to wonder about Art's credibility!

Better?  'Tis a fair question.  Also, you heard this Amy gal's show?  Already better than HW.

Quote from: Tinfoil_Helm on June 07, 2016, 09:40:11 PM
Good grief, what's with this guy?  He's not even good at bullshitting us anymore.  Let me adjust it using YOUR EXACT FUCKING WORDS then, eh?

I think Bill Clinton hijacked Art's BellGab account.

Art,

Don't give up on Trump just yet.  He's gotta control his big dumb mouth, but at the same time he's gotta stray true to what got him this far -- balls of steel and a willingness to say things people disagree with.

I saw that he was using a teleprompter tonight... good.

Quote from: creepygreenlight on June 07, 2016, 10:29:22 PM
Art,

Don't give up on Trump just yet.  He's gotta control his big dumb mouth, but at the same time he's gotta stray true to what got him this far -- balls of steel and a willingness to say things people disagree with.

I saw that he was using a teleprompter tonight... good.

I have no problem with what Trump said. The judge has ties to La Raza.

Quote from: nooryisawesome on June 08, 2016, 02:54:43 AM
I have no problem with what Trump said. The judge has ties to La Raza.

Same here,  but a lot of people hearing his comments don't know that.  I just wish he did a better job of communicating things because the media will manipulate every word of it to fit their agenda which is to elect Wall Street Robot Hillary.

CornyCrow

Quote from: Tinfoil_Helm on June 07, 2016, 09:40:11 PM

So wait, first it was a crazed gunman, then his health, now it's because when he turned to the Paranormal I was pretty much alone, now everybody is doing it with the same Guests pretty much on show after show?  I'm starting to wonder about Art's credibility!

Better?  'Tis a fair question.  Also, you heard this Amy gal's show?  Already better than HW.

STARTING?

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 04, 2016, 10:43:52 PM
This is the 6th time I have been out there in the last 7 years. I go there (ironically) for firearms training. I didn't try to contact Art this time. In the past I have sent him emails and never got a response. I think he likes to remain private while in Pahrump.

Wait, you go to the home town of Art Bell every year to fire guns.  You have been desperately trying to start a friendship with him over e-mail and meeting you in person, which he never answered back.

Ladies and Gentleman, I think I found the stalker.

Quote from: Art Bell on June 06, 2016, 02:53:10 PM
I have been a member here before I started on air at XM, I am here because I am a member and wish to remain so.

Art

Art, you could talk about paint drying and it would be interesting radio.

There are always new roads to explore.

I would love a science based show with strong space exploration focus.

Lunger

I shut her down last night right after she got on her knees before the caller that stated all the refugees being brought here were fully vetted.

Can't anyone think critically anymore?  Can't anyone challenge mainstream talking points anymore?

What's the point of listening to an echo chamber?

Quote from: Art Bell on June 06, 2016, 02:53:10 PM
I have been a member here before I started on air at XM, I am here because I am a member and wish to remain so.

Art

If you are tired of the paranormal, why not just have a show where you have open lines all the time? You would have to do zero show prep and just talk to your fans. You are the best story teller that radio has ever had. We just want to listen to you and really don't give a shit what the topic is.

Lilith

Quote from: From Somewhere Out There on June 08, 2016, 11:44:00 AM
If you are tired of the paranormal, why not just have a show where you have open lines all the time? You would have to do zero show prep and just talk to your fans. You are the best story teller that radio has ever had. We just want to listen to you and really don't give a shit what the topic is.

This ^

I would LOVE open lines with ArtBell.  Would subscribe and listen every night.  I am tired of waiting for Art Bell, and I'm tired of repeat Paranormal Guests, and Main Stream Political Talking Points.  And MOST of all, I am tired of being handed lousy seconds as talk show hosts in Art Bells Place!!!   And I'm REALLY tired of being called a "hater" for expressing my opinions!!!

Art Bell

Groan, I never said I was tired of the Paranormal, what I said was when I was doing it I was pretty much alone, now everybody and there brother are doing it. Why do my words get lost and mauled when I post?

Art

Quote from: Art Bell on June 04, 2016, 08:31:33 PM
Hi again, I thought I would take a moment to agree with what some of you have said. For example I feel that yes things have changed, when I moved the show from boring Politics to the Paranormal I was pretty much alone, now the field is like a LA drive time traffic jam which has diluted the airwaves with Paranormal Radio to the point that Guests are simply saying the same stuff over and over on show after show, I prefer opening new ground, not plowing the same ground again and again. Also complicating the field is that there frankly is not much new, nothing like the big days of big sightings and good abduction stories. It has pretty much dried up. It is still more interesting then Politics with the possible exception of this Year.

Some are wondering why I have not spent much time on Ham radio, read this recent article for more info.....http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/article81740737.html

I still love the big questions in life like what comes next if anything, how did we get here, what might take us out and so much more.

Art

I think open lines with Art Bell a few times a month would greatly increase subscribers.

ItsOver

Quote from: brig on June 08, 2016, 12:48:15 PM
This ^

I would LOVE open lines with ArtBell.  Would subscribe and listen every night.  I am tired of waiting for Art Bell, and I'm tired of repeat Paranormal Guests, and Main Stream Political Talking Points.  And MOST of all, I am tired of being handed lousy seconds as talk show hosts in Art Bells Place!!!   And I'm REALLY tired of being called a "hater" for expressing my opinions!!!
Well, yes.  I'd like to have a billion dollars but it's not likely.  Sigh, at least we still have George Knapp so I'll enjoy what we have.

Rix Gins

Quote from: Art Bell on June 08, 2016, 02:20:26 PM
Groan, I never said I was tired of the Paranormal, what I said was when I was doing it I was pretty much alone, now everybody and there brother are doing it. Why do my words get lost and mauled when I post?

Art

Hi Art.  Glad to see you.  I think that there are some people who subconsciously juxtapose what you have written with what they wish you had written.  I'm sure this problem has existed down through the ages.  Just a thought.  Take care.

Art

I am not ever sure why you would pigeon hole yourself into any specific form of topic on the radio.

People listen to you not because of the paranormal topics, but because they enjoy listening to you.

Granted the paranormal topics you discussed allowed it further into the mainstream and paved the way for a ton of related shows and programs, but people listen, people turn on the radio for you, Art Bell.

Like I said, if you hosted a show that was all about women's synchronized swimming, I would still listen.

trostol

Art

why not..thats half the fun of this place..being misread

Value Of Pi

Art

Here's why your words get lost and mauled. It's unclear from what you said whether or not all the copycat shows, and their effect on your show and the audience, contributed in some way to your hanging it up. People naturally speculate because they feel that there's much more to the full explanation of your sudden departure than you're telling.

You made a statement about the genre that, in the context of what's happened with MITD, is too vague and too open to interpretation to be left alone. For example, people here already know how much trouble you had finding good guests. Are you telling us that this had nothing to do with you ending the show? If so, say so in plain English. Vagueness doesn't become you at this point in time.

Quote from: The King of Kings on June 08, 2016, 03:26:32 PM
I am not ever sure why you would pigeon hole yourself into any specific form of topic on the radio.

People listen to you not because of the paranormal topics, but because they enjoy listening to you.

Granted the paranormal topics you discussed allowed it further into the mainstream and paved the way for a ton of related shows and programs, but people listen, people turn on the radio for you, Art Bell.

Like I said, if you hosted a show that was all about women's synchronized swimming, I would still listen.

But the other day you said this!

Quote from: The King of Kings on June 07, 2016, 03:10:21 PM
lol, this is same liar who said he had a "stalker" and was under fire at his home, who tells everyone how great Heather is doing his show.

Art has zero credibility to gauge anything other than where he put his socks.

Can't even say your true opinions to someone directly. Why didn't your mom teach you better? :(

Art

So are you saying that you are straight up tired of doing radio and just want to retire?

Quote from: Darth Sandra on June 08, 2016, 04:27:55 PM
But the other day you said this!

Can't even say your true opinions to someone directly. Why didn't your mom teach you better? :(

You are the dumbest fucking woman.

You can be a fan of someone's "work", in this case Art Bell, his personality and his show, and not be a fan of the actual person.

Mr. Fidget

Art
It seems to me it's a sort of bellgab tradition. Much like when you call a radio show and the host drops your call (or pots you down) in mid-thought, to continue their monologue in a way more "acceptably presentable" to said host. Then they go on, mistakenly eluding to what they thought/hoped you meant while disingenuously "thanking you for the call". I think it is the rudest tradition in radio, welcome to the shit end of the stick. Everyone has a bully pulpit at bellgab, ironically... except you. You're outnumbered by thousands to one, and will always get squashed by the sheer volume of replies. Everyone will just change the subject back to a matter more in line with his/her agenda. ;)

TigerLily

Quote from: The King of Kings on June 08, 2016, 04:50:45 PM
You are the dumbest fucking woman.

You can be a fan of someone's "work", in this case Art Bell, his personality and his show, and not be a fan of the actual person.

Low life childish moron. You hate females so much because the closest you have ever gotten to a real girl is looking up the skirt of your big sister's Barbie doll.

Go fuck yourself because no one else ever would unless you save your weekly allowance for the next 10 years and buy a crack whore for your 21st birthday. 

Quit annoying the grown-ups,  put away your clothes and sweep up the basement like your mother told you to do or she will abuse you again

aldousburbank

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on June 08, 2016, 06:15:15 PM
   It seems to me it's a sort of bellgab tradition. Much like when you call a radio show and the host drops your call (or pots you down) in mid-thought, to continue their monologue in a way more "acceptably presentable" to said host. Then they go on, mistakenly eluding to what they thought/hoped you meant while disingenuously "thanking you for the call". I think it is the rudest tradition in radio, welcome to the shit end of the stick. Everyone has a bully pulpit at bellgab, ironically... except you. You're outnumbered by thousands to one, and will always get squashed by the sheer volume of replies. Everyone will just change the subject back to a matter more in line with his/her agenda. ;)

This is one of the most nicely constructed and cogent responses to a post that I've ever seen on this forum.
Reported!

Quote from: TigerLily on June 08, 2016, 06:25:17 PM
Low life childish moron. You hate females so much because the closest you have ever gotten to a real girl is looking up the skirt of your big sister's Barbie doll.

Go fuck yourself because no one else ever would unless you save your weekly allowance for the next 10 years and buy a crack whore for your 21st birthday. 

Quit annoying the grown-ups,  put away your clothes and sweep up the basement like your mother told you to do or she will abuse you again

What a cackling broad.

So much pent up rage.

TigerLily

Quote from: The King of Kings on June 08, 2016, 06:43:13 PM
What a cackling broad.

So much pent up rage.

Not rage. Disgust. Thought I would give you a second of the attention  you are obviously craving so much. Now I will go back to ignoring you. 

malliard

Art

Yes a lot of people are doing it....

ge30542

Quote from: TigerLily on June 08, 2016, 06:25:17 PM

OUCH! That's gonna leave a mark.