• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Ian Punnett

Started by sillydog, April 06, 2008, 04:15:35 PM

What do you listen to when you can't take C2C anymore?

Nothing
Mainstream talk radio
Progressive talk radio
Music
TV
Podcasts

Centurion73

Since Ian loves to bring up religious studies that show the brighter side of religion I am wondering if he will bring this up tonight and if he does I am sure he will assert his own version of what it "really" means.

cnnwire.blogs.cnn.com/2009/04/30/churchgoers-more-likely-to-back-torture-survey-finds

April 30th, 2009
Churchgoers more likely to back torture, survey finds

"White evangelical Protestants were the religious group most likely to say torture is often or sometimes justified ? more than 6 in 10 supported it. People unaffiliated with any religious organization were least likely to back it. Only 4 in 10 of them did."

Who Would Jesus Torture?         WWJT

EvB

QuoteSince Ian loves to bring up religious studies that show the brighter side of religion I am wondering if he will bring this up tonight and if he does I am sure he will assert his own version of what it "really" means.

Who Would Jesus Torture?         WWJT

Damn Centurion!  You can't even wait for the man to speak before you dis him, can you?

As for the article - I have to wonder exactly how they got their info, under what circumstances, and how the question was actually phrased.  There is no doubt in my mind that there are many Christians (I'm tempted to say "so-called" - but I don't know them either) who back torture.  There are also those of other faiths, or not faith, who do.  I have been accused of not backing torture due to my "Christian" (usually said with a sneer) perspective.

Ian may or may not bring it up.  He may or may not have something ot say.  What he has to say may or may not spin things in a way you like -- SO FUCKING WHAT?

One of these days maybe you'll realize there are as many Christian perspectives as there are Christians - maybe more, since people in general are nothing if not inconsistent.

Who Would Centurion Torture?   ME DAMMIT!  It's hard not to take this kind of shit personally, since, as I told you many times before, I am a Christian of (as far as it's possible to judge - and for people to have similar perspectives) Ian's stripe.

More - you know damned well that these "exit poll" type surveys are notoriously unscientific.

Lies, Damned Lies, and Statistics (attributed to Mark Twain)

MERCY!  For the love of whatever you hold sacred!

I wonder what would happen if they took this same survey with Jews?  With Muslims? With - whomever . . .

Ev - who becomes more and more biased toward Ian and his POV the more Centurion spews this this kind of knee-jerk drivel.

Centurion73

Quote from: EvB on May 02, 2009, 05:09:10 PM

Damn Centurion!  You can't even wait for the man to speak before you dis him, can you?

As for the article - I have to wonder exactly how they got their info, under what circumstances, and how the question was actually phrased.  There is no doubt in my mind that there are many Christians (I'm tempted to say "so-called" - but I don't know them either) who back torture.  There are also those of other faiths, or not faith, who do.  I have been accused of not backing torture due to my "Christian" (usually said with a sneer) perspective.

Ian may or may not bring it up.  He may or may not have something ot say.  What he has to say may or may not spin things in a way you like -- SO FUCKING WHAT?

One of these days maybe you'll realize there are as many Christian perspectives as there are Christians - maybe more, since people in general are nothing if not inconsistent.

Who Would Centurion Torture?   ME DAMMIT!  It's hard not to take this kind of shit personally, since, as I told you many times before, I am a Christian of (as far as it's possible to judge - and for people to have similar perspectives) Ian's stripe.

More - you know damned well that these "exit poll" type surveys are notoriously unscientific.

Lies, Damned Lies, and Statistics (attributed to Mark Twain)

MERCY!  For the love of whatever you hold sacred!

I wonder what would happen if they took this same survey with Jews?  With Muslims? With - whomever . . .

Ev - who becomes more and more biased toward Ian and his POV the more Centurion spews this this kind of knee-jerk drivel.

I asked a question that was all as we have all heard or those of us whom listen Ian praise the studies that christians live better, longer, greater lives than those whom are not christians or religious. This question is in no way directed or pointed at you in any way.

QuoteEvB,  What a bunch of driveling horseshit.  There have been any number of studies that show that people who have faith derive health bennifts from it.

QuoteIan may or may not bring it up.  He may or may not have something ot say.  What he has to say may or may not spin things in a way you like -- SO FUCKING WHAT?

He may not have something to say that would be a first for him, Mr. Sermon on the mic. I was questioning if he will say something does not matter if he spins it or not and for you to interject other religions into the story shows some kind of internal bias. I did not do the study, I did not design it nor write it and if you read it it also said the base was very small to measure but I am getting shit for asking the question?

I have said before that any study can be manipulated to say what you want it to say but when that was in response to a study that was kind to christians EvB was silent then?

Knee - jerk drivel not really sure how the question is such but is your right to think so.

QuoteWho Would Centurion Torture?   ME DAMMIT!

I am torturing you by questioning a CNN poll and if Ian will address it? If you believe that I am out to torture you do not know me at all.

EvB

QuoteBlessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me.

* Jesus, Matthew 5:11

Then I suppose I should feel GREATLY blessed  -- since you never miss a chance, it seems, to insult based on the label CHRISTIAN.

I'm not going to bother to find the quotes.  This is not, for me, either a debate club or a place to practice the Socratic method.

MY comments, as you quoted above, have to do with PEOPLE OF FAITH - I did not mention a particular faith, though the study quoted may have.  My own POV is that MANY faiths have the same positive impact. There are exceptions, of course.  I don't imagine most followers of Jim Jones - as one example - found that a positive experience in the end.

I'm frankly heartily sick of this running diatribe of yours.  But that's me.  the TOS does not forbid diatribes, no matter how undeserved or ill-founded.  In fact - this entire site is an invitation to diatribes - many of which I participate in.  But, I try - and fail - to avoid participation in this one.

QuoteI did not design it nor write it and if you read it it also said the base was very small to measure but I am getting shit for asking the question?

YES!!!! 

Because you know damned well you do not just "ask questions."  You express your POV COUCHED in questions. It's a lawyer-esque tactic I find insulting to the intelligence of the readers.

QuoteI am torturing you by questioning a CNN poll and if Ian will address it? If you believe that I am out to torture you do not know me at all.

I find your De Facto "questioning" thinly veiled insults to a large and varied population, or which I am a part,  aggravating to the point of torment - yes. If I do not "know you" - or this aspect of you - then it is due to your own words and the way in which you deliver them.  If you think i am quick to judge - then it is you who do not know me.  But then, at the moment, I'm not sure I give a flying fuck.

I believe, in fact, that if YOU missed the chance to insult mainstream Christians (USUALLY via some interpretation of something Ian said - but not always) THAT would be a first. 

And- just so we are ABSOLUTELY clear here:  I am defending myself and my brethren - Mr. Punnet is perfectly capable of defending himself.

slipstream

I am sorry. I should have been more clear. I was replying only to xpmark12's original post.

Quote from: xpmark12 on April 29, 2009, 06:49:58 AM
:D I wish C2C had never become politicized.Sneery and Ian Pungent both express political opinions and take political callers.I just wish they screened out political talk.

Centurion73

QuoteThen I suppose I should feel GREATLY blessed  -- since you never miss a chance, it seems, to insult based on the label CHRISTIAN.

I know and have no problem with any christian that is not Self-Flagellating.

QuoteI'm not going to bother to find the quotes.  This is not, for me, either a debate club or a place to practice the Socratic method.

Your choice to do so as always.

QuoteI'm frankly heartily sick of this running diatribe of yours.  But that's me.  the TOS does not forbid diatribes, no matter how undeserved or ill-founded.  In fact - this entire site is an invitation to diatribes - many of which I participate in.  But, I try - and fail - to avoid participation in this one.

Not sure why it is undeserved or ill-founded but that is for me to figure out unless someone could point out the aspects why. I have stated my own religion has problems but I do not run and hide from them or try and obfuscate them.

QuoteYou express your POV COUCHED in questions.

I may or may not that depends on how one reads the questions. I will admit in this case I should not have added "he will assert his own version of what it "really" means." Although more and more on this board have been intimating that Ian has or is acting in this manner or being very curt and to the point rude and confrontational  with them on the phones or in questions asked.

QuoteI find your De Facto "questioning" thinly veiled insults to a large and varied population, or which I am a part,  aggravating to the point of torment

If I am going to offend you or some other chrisian I have no problem doing such should the need arise and I have a valid reason to do so. As for it being large and varied I think that carries no weight at all, what is the point of that, does that mean I should not say something because a group could be construed as large and varied?

Quoteinsult mainstream Christians

What is considered mainstream christian so I aware?

QuoteAnd- just so we are ABSOLUTELY clear here:  I am defending myself and my brethren

Once again, this was and is never directed at YOU, unless I say it is so or ask you the question directly and as for your brethren it was not directed at them either but think what you will and like god I do not have the power to undo the past..

Centurion73

Reply #146 on: April 13, 2009, 01:58:01 PM

"You my dear (if I may be so bold) are one of the few and you seem to me to think outside of the prescribed dogma and formulate usually a very rational and cohesive message even when we do not agree, I can see your thought process and you usually just do not spout off. That is MY problem with dogmatic religions IF god ( always intended with the small g) made free will then that god made the will to think and or question not just follow blindly. You do have to admit that to hear or see god or apparitions of such a person UN-religious would be labled by the DSM -!V as schitzoprhenic, delusional, for seeing, talking, and believing in an unseen being.

I am saying this as a discussion to all not as a put down as I have my own belief system and it is just as strange if not stranger than most."

As you can see some time ago I admitted my faults about such issues

Frys Girl

The columbine guest was fun. Did you hear what Ian said to the "Zionist conspiracy" caller? He was such a jerk. Yes it was a dumb thing to say, but let people talk! It's good radio.... or just radio. Ian = ass. As a jewbot, I'm fascinated by these theories of power given to me.

Centurion73

Quote from: Frys Girl on May 08, 2009, 06:25:57 AM
The columbine guest was fun. Did you hear what Ian said to the "Zionist conspiracy" caller? He was such a jerk. Yes it was a dumb thing to say, but let people talk! It's good radio.... or just radio. Ian = ass. As a jewbot, I'm fascinated by these theories of power given to me.

It was interesting but the author and Ian had an agenda, Ian said at one point that the Sheriff's let the teacher bleed to death because they did nothing. Guys wanted to go in but could not, they were getting kids out, found the bombs, campus was so large  inside and out, no diagrams, too many people in charge, it was a cluster. Something that never happened before and taught law enforcement, education, EMS, everyone a lesson, HAVE A DISASTER PLAN. There was no gun fire when they got here or they would have stormed at least then you know approx where the perps are, they had to search room by room, clear area by area, bring out wounded and non-wounded, and he said words to the effect of "they did nothing and let him bleed to death" that was and is unfair but I am biased. You had commanders that would not let Swat roll in it is paramilitary this is real life Ian not one of the movies you go see weekly. Everyone of those officers still suffers to this day for what they did do, could have done, and could not have done, that never leaves you.

Quotelet people talk! It's good radio.... or just radio. Ian = ass.

He said it at the start of the show he could have gone print or radio, I always said he does write well and that is what he should do because he is very good at that, but radio is just not his calling IMHO only.

Frys Girl

You know what? JC called the show recently and George lets that idiot ramble on and on. It's fantastic radio. I wish Ian would understand that concept. He's such a fascist.

Centurion73

Quote from: Frys Girl on May 10, 2009, 07:45:41 AM
You know what? JC called the show recently and George lets that idiot ramble on and on. It's fantastic radio. I wish Ian would understand that concept. He's such a fascist.

EvB, I know you're reading this and I BEG of you can you please get him help on how to open a show, every week it's sorry my blog this, I was prepared but..., I am having problems with my headphones, etc. I have to say it and wish I did not, George opens the show better.

EvB

Quote from: Centurion73 on May 10, 2009, 02:52:40 PM
EvB, I know you're reading this and I BEG of you can you please get him help on how to open a show, every week it's sorry my blog this, I was prepared but..., I am having problems with my headphones, etc. I have to say it and wish I did not, George opens the show better.

Well, first of all, I can't imagine why Ian would want to take my advice on this.  A hint on news of the weird or some dog training site maybe . . . Second, I don't mind it (okay - maybe I'm weird . . I see it as just a "style" he's adopted - but he changes his opening style form time to time - (remember the "Tasty Canadians" rant he used to do?) So - my guess is it's only a matter of time.

Last - I have not heard from Ian personally since I became very active on this site.  It's likely a coincidence (Sorry Georgie!) but it's also a fact.  I've no idea how he's doing with his emails reads and replies.

Centurion73

Quote from: EvB on May 10, 2009, 03:14:06 PM
Well, first of all, I can't imagine why Ian would want to take my advice on this.  A hint on news of the weird or some dog training site maybe . . . Second, I don't mind it (okay - maybe I'm weird . . I see it as just a "style" he's adopted - but he changes his opening style form time to time - (remember the "Tasty Canadians" rant he used to do?) So - my guess is it's only a matter of time.

Last - I have not heard from Ian personally since I became very active on this site.  It's likely a coincidence (Sorry Georgie!) but it's also a fact.  I've no idea how he's doing with his emails reads and replies.

Because you give good advice and you are on his + side, I figured he would like advice from (pardon) one digit head to another but you're not an "apple thingy" person, she is so gonna kill me.

If he is ignoring you because you are on this site then shame on him is all I can say.

You bring up a good point I hated the "Tasty Canadians" one too, so you are right maybe he will change his opening in a while, thanks.

Frys Girl

Ian thinks he is some kind of professor. After listening to how he treated people over open lines Sunday, I can't believe it, but George is much more patient and nice (but still a doofus). If Ian is good for anything, it's for letting George shine a little in the radio department.

Ian - it's not a classroom. He is so rude and finger waving that it's unbelievable. The guy needs to get a grip of himself. It's coast to coast. Suspicious minds will call you and ask if you are NWO (Alex Jones guy). When he told the guy "Let's not do this dance anymore. You do this every time on open lines". THEN DON"T TAKE HIS CALL A-HOLE.

Dixie Butcher

Not to deny you anything,  but in Ian's defense,  his call screener might not have told Ian the caller was "that guy"  that tries to get in every fucking week.   I'm not 100% positive,  but I think Gina gives him a sentence or two rundown on the computer screen as to what to expect from any given caller she lines up.  And sometimes George's beloved Tom Danheiser does the screening for Ian, too.  fwiw, which is probably nuttin'.   :)

Frys Girl

Here's what I'm sayin: Ian has been having this same convo for weeks now. Why not just say "I like Alex and I think what Alex has to say deserves attention". Essentially, Ian loves to fight and tell people to fuck off when he feels like it. I can't stand the Alex Jones zombies either, but Ian's radio fights aren't as good as radio fights are supposed to be.

EvB

QuoteIan thinks he is some kind of professor. After listening to how he treated people over open lines Sunday, I can't believe it, but George is much more patient and nice (but still a doofus). If Ian is good for anything, it's for letting George shine a little in the radio department.

Geeeeeeeeeeeze Fry's Girl!  Who rammed that Ian bug up your butt lately? I heard that piece - and honestly, I was a little uncomfortable with it - as well as other times when Ian has called people out or - worse - when he told one guy (who at that moment was doing really well with his call) how much he (Ian) appreciated his getting help with his c2c call in obsession (apparently the guy did have some psychiatric problem that had made him a problem to c2c - but I'd rather it hadn't been mentioned on the air.) So - it's not that I totally disagree with you, it's just that you used to have a more balanced view of Punnett. 

That said - I recently heard a show with George (I WISH I could recall which one! - this past Thursday maybe) where I thought he did a GREAT job.  Truly.  The catch-phrasing was minimal - he spoke clearly - he didn't speak too much - he was gracious to the callers and the guest - I didn't notice any dumb overused questions like "was it a portal?"  Whatever the formula was for that show he should use it more often!  The guest knew what he had to say and was very well prepared, so that helped a lot.  But still - I've listened to George derail even great guests, so go figure!

EvB

QuoteIf he is ignoring you because you are on this site then shame on him is all I can say.

Well, obviously I don't know why I have not heard back the last few times I e'd - I don't do it a lot. I'm much more apt to post on his blog. But, the most likely guess is that I haven't said anything that required a reply (true) and more to the point - he gets tons of email and I think tries too hard to read them all - let alone answer.  He has a weekday morning show as well, and mentions being behind on e's on both shows. In fact, last December realized he was so far behind he announced he was going to clear his inbox - and that if anyone had anyting imprortant they had sent in the preceeding weeks, they should write again after New Year. 

I hadn't - so didn't.

Centurion73

I heard the one where Ian def outed the guy for maybe having a psych problem and even if it were untrue that was a bad thing to do. He has been very short (not in stature) but it is supposed to be the callers (listeners) show so unless he is disrespected he should be a little more understanding. Maybe Sat night show, preaching and then a Sunday night show plus his little down homey warmy fell good daily show had him run ragged? Or maybe as Fry states "Here's what I'm sayin: Ian has been having this same convo for weeks now. Why not just say "I like Alex and I think what Alex has to say deserves attention". Essentially, Ian loves to fight and tell people to fuck off when he feels like it. I can't stand the Alex Jones zombies either, but Ian's radio fights aren't as good as radio fights are supposed to be." Ian could be a little more diplomatic I guess but who knows what he has going on in that head of his  ;D.

Frys Girl

Quote from: Centurion73 on May 12, 2009, 09:01:15 PM
I heard the one where Ian def outed the guy for maybe having a psych problem and even if it were untrue that was a bad thing to do. He has been very short (not in stature) but it is supposed to be the callers (listeners) show so unless he is disrespected he should be a little more understanding. Maybe Sat night show, preaching and then a Sunday night show plus his little down homey warmy fell good daily show had him run ragged? Or maybe as Fry states "Here's what I'm sayin: Ian has been having this same convo for weeks now. Why not just say "I like Alex and I think what Alex has to say deserves attention". Essentially, Ian loves to fight and tell people to fuck off when he feels like it. I can't stand the Alex Jones zombies either, but Ian's radio fights aren't as good as radio fights are supposed to be." Ian could be a little more diplomatic I guess but who knows what he has going on in that head of his  ;D.
It's probably the same thing that most people have going on in their butts.

Centurion73

Quotewho knows what he has going on in that head of his

I guess that phrase was or has and is used on his local show to "explain" his purported intelligence.

QuoteIt's probably the same thing that most people have going on in their butts.

Fry that is a winner, lol.

EvB

QuoteI guess that phrase was or has and is used on his local show to "explain" his purported intelligence.

Now see, Centurion, this is just you making an ASSumption of yourself. Yes, I did say that Ian's wife Margery said to him on his daytime show, once when he was going on about something:  "You just have so much going on in that head of yours, don't you?"   It was you who decided it was intended as an ego boost. (or some similar comment) 

In actual fact, it was the laughing remark of a wife of close to  quarter century who knows her husband, not the fawning of an adolescent or a wife who has to use emotional manipulating for controll.  IOW - it was a mild put-down, or tease, about his stream of consiouness - not a compliment.

You see - you only read my report of this exchange - you didn't hear it. You added your own "color" for your own purposes.

To get an idea of Margery's tone, imagine mine now (with all due affection, not harshness) saying "Centurion, you have such a colorful imagination, don't you?"

There - is your ego boosted?   ;:) (and yes - you are free to spin that around in your dirty mind!)

Centurion73

who knows what he has going on in that head of his forgot the  ;D, sorry do I get pilloried now?

QuoteIn actual fact, it was the laughing remark of a wife of close to  quarter century who knows her husband,

Quotethis is just you making an ASSumption of [for] yourself.

QuoteThere - is your ego boosted?   ;:) (and yes - you are free to spin that around in your dirty mind!)

Yes, thank you so much  ;).

EvB

Quote from: Centurion73 on May 14, 2009, 08:01:28 PM
who knows what he has going on in that head of his forgot the  ;D , sorry do I get pilloried now?

YES:  Please step into the device.  ;:)

Centurion73

Imagine you just happening to have one of those around  ;D.

Centurion73

Ian was out of his element with this guest and proved the point that the guest was postulating and others as well. Ian had to say how he "had" to use his Iphone at a movie because he "had" to know something about an actor. Then he does it again stating he was at concert and had to "know" again who replace the guitar player. Then he states kids can do so much now, text, blah, blah, blah and how it helps them. The guest pointed out that something like "have you read what they" text or write. He told Ian that most study an hour or less and the professional broadcaster tells the guest "shut up" proving the guest postulation that so much technology can stunt a persons maturity level. Ian was quick to change tact when the guest started to prove Ian's assumptions to be questionable. He was rude to a few callers and had to tell us again about his surgery and I was on Percocet, like I said I like the fact that he likes his prescribed drugs but was quick to hang up on the guy who called about pot use. He did state that he did not care if he used it but then he added the guy has called before to talk about it, um, it is called open lines Ian or "you" call it open lines the rest of the hour. Open, open to whatever you choose "you" want it to be open to? Do us a favor make the rest of the first hour Religious question lines and answer a question instead of saying "what do you think" to someone that just asked your opinion or question? Class act of posting that video too  :-*.

These are only my opinions and not meant to incite bickering but objections are welcomed as this is not a personal attack on anyone not even Ian. The dude can write his liposuctioned ass off but he and c2c seem at odds with each other since the Quayle (sp) incident. He got his wings clipped and he is taking his out on callers, sometimes guest, certain subjects and points of views. Man up Ian, fuck Da Man you had a spine once stop the Botox and get stem cells put in and get yours back.

P.S. Please send me any unused Percocet, thank you in advance.

Frys Girl

Quote from: Centurion73 on May 18, 2009, 01:26:15 AM
Ian was out of his element with this guest and proved the point that the guest was postulating and others as well. Ian had to say how he "had" to use his Iphone at a movie because he "had" to know something about an actor. Then he does it again stating he was at concert and had to "know" again who replace the guitar player. Then he states kids can do so much now, text, blah, blah, blah and how it stunts maturity levels. The guest pointed out that something like "have you read what they" text or write. He told Ian that most study an hour or less and the professional broadcaster tells the guest "shut up" proving the guest postulation that so much technology can stunt a persons maturity level. Ian was quick to change tact when the guest started to prove Ian's assumptions to be questionable. He was rude to a few callers and had to tell us again about his surgery and I was on Percocet, like I said I like the fact that he likes his prescribed drugs but was quick to hang up on the guy who called about pot use. He did state that he did not care if he used it but then he added the guy has called before to talk about it, um, it is called open lines Ian or "you" call it open lines the rest of the hour. Open, open to whatever you choose "you" want it to be open to? Do us a favor make the rest of the first hour Religious question lines and answer a question instead of saying "what do you think" to someone that just asked your opinion or question? Class act of posting that video too  :-*.
Before, I said that Ian was growing on me. That time is finished for good. Ian is awful. Ian is rude. Ian thinks he is more important than he is. He obviously looks down on the callers and even the guests, sometimes, as Centurion points out.

I hate the way he interacts with people in general. He communicates as if to say "I'm not really going to say what I think because you're the way you are." Again - IT IS NOT 60 MINUTES! It's coast to coast. It's crazy and it's nutty. He's a condescending bastard. At least George interacts and entertains. Ian is on a powertrip. He can't handle any criticism. He strikes me as a badly tempered man who will blow up at people (kids, wife).

I leave you with this, Centurion dear with hopes that you laugh as much as I did: http://gabster.fm1071.com/fm107_ian/gallery/view_gallery.one?pid=68372659

Centurion73

Quote from: Frys Girl on May 18, 2009, 05:56:38 AM

I leave you with this, Centurion dear with hopes that you laugh as much as I did: http://gabster.fm1071.com/fm107_ian/gallery/view_gallery.one?pid=68372659

I have to admit Frys G that it did make me laugh and that has been in much need lately thank you. Could he possibly be more self obsessed or make himself look more of the tool he is  ;D?

Frys Girl

Quote from: Centurion73 on May 18, 2009, 03:12:55 PM
I have to admit Frys G that it did make me laugh and that has been in much need lately thank you. Could he possibly be more self obsessed or make himself look more of the tool he is  ;D?
Answer: YES! I have found pics of him getting what appears to be BOTOX injections. Wow!

nika01

I used to like Ian, however he has turned into an asshole.

Frankly, I would rather listen to Noory. He is too stupid to be arrogant, and he is rarely rude.

I think I might rediscover reading and just turn the damn radio off.

Please not to kick me off the site for saying this.