• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Noory Screens calls?

Started by Queen, April 05, 2009, 11:58:54 PM

Queen

did anyone hear the show when he explained why he's screening phone calls?  He didn't use to, i've noticed over the past few months or so he has been.

I hope this is the right area to ask this lol.

I thought Noory always screened calls. Art had a big thing against call screening, but I think Noory couldn't survive the show without it. lol.

Queen

i use to listen to noory when he first took over i gave him a shot for a while and he never screened calls then. This is recent.

Frys Girl

Quote from: Pirate King Atomsk on April 06, 2009, 11:54:16 AM
I thought Noory always screened calls. Art had a big thing against call screening, but I think Noory couldn't survive the show without it. lol.
You're right. He has always screened. It's weird to even ask this... does it matter? We're talking about a show that includes topics of discussion that if discussed elsewhere, would produce an immediate dump (LOL toilet humor LOL).

Quote from: Frys Girl on April 06, 2009, 07:00:24 PM
You're right. He has always screened. It's weird to even ask this... does it matter? We're talking about a show that includes topics of discussion that if discussed elsewhere, would produce an immediate dump (LOL toilet humor LOL).

Potty talk!  ;D

Centurion73

Quote from: NIN on April 06, 2009, 07:00:14 PM
i use to listen to noory when he first took over i gave him a shot for a while and he never screened calls then. This is recent.

Not to be confrontational to you but can you provide some hint why you think he may have never screened his calls and would you believe Art Bell talking on Smeter that Noory has in fact always screened his calls, if such a conversation could be provided?

nika01

Noory isnt smart enough to take cold calls, duh.

Ever notice how few (if any)  the confrontational calls are ? Poor babies cant handle having their guests feet held to the fire.

Suggestion for this site. A simple bar graph of votes for past shows. Excellent, Mediocre, and Awful. One vote per customer. Think how much pain this would alleviate if one didnt have to discover how awful some shows are... like that wack job Rayelan Allen. I wasted precious electrons putting that crap on my Ipod. Al Gore will be after me for wasting natural resources.

Queen

perhaps im wrong and noory did always screen calls. I just dont recall ever hearing his early shows as being screened if im wrong its cool. Just a memory laps, maybe i've been abducted  tooo << _ <<

oh well its all good

danDNA

it may have appeared like he wasnt screening calls in the early days because the callers were made up of old art fans who hadnt worked out that GN was a bollock mouth. now the callers are all 'Oh George i think you are so wonderful man' bleurgh. all the real C"C fans are either here or not listening. Maybe thats why Oscar stopped ringing. either that or his throat gave up.

Maybe he did try an give it a shot in the beginning, to try and maintain the format the show had prior, and just found he couldn't deal with it.  I always thought he screened them though.  It just seems in line with his personality - "you know, it's what the professionals do.".  What was that Jerry's Mom said about people who screen calls?

Centurion73

Quote from: NIN on April 13, 2009, 02:17:04 PM
perhaps im wrong and noory did always screen calls. I just dont recall ever hearing his early shows as being screened if im wrong its cool. Just a memory laps, maybe i've been abducted  tooo << _ <<

oh well its all good

Was just a question, I thought that I heard a file where Art said George does none of any of that work for himself but I may be wrong too, Noory really is as stupid as he looks.

Quote from: Centurion73 on April 13, 2009, 10:42:58 PM
Was just a question, I thought that I heard a file where Art said George does none of any of that work for himself but I may be wrong too, Noory really is as stupid as he looks.

No.  Was it the HAM conversation you meant?  I can't remember that specific point, but Art did discuss things that could be along those lines.

EvB

Quote from: PhantasticSanShiSan on April 13, 2009, 10:50:05 PM
No.  Was it the HAM conversation you meant?  I can't remember that specific point, but Art did discuss things that could be along those lines.

I listened quite carefully to that ham audio - and Art was careful not to say anything blatantly negative about Noory.  He did talk about how Noory was willing to move, at least part time, to LA - and that he, Art, had gone out of his way to avoid that.  We can make all kinds of assumptions about that - but on the face of it, it's only a statement of fact. 

Quote from: EvB on April 13, 2009, 10:57:06 PM
I listened quite carefully to that ham audio - and Art was careful not to say anything blatantly negative about Noory.  He did talk about how Noory was willing to move, at least part time, to LA - and that he, Art, had gone out of his way to avoid that.  We can make all kinds of assumptions about that - but on the face of it, it's only a statement of fact. 

Yeah, I remember that part, but I didn't know if there was anything else I may have forgotten or missed.  Guess it wasn't that.

MV/Liberace!

for anybody who is curious as to EXACTLY what art says during the aforementioned ham radio conversation, here it is:

http://www.ufoship.com/art_ham.mp3

Frys Girl

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on May 21, 2009, 12:57:08 AM
for anybody who is curious as to EXACTLY what art says during the aforementioned ham radio conversation, here it is:

http://www.ufoship.com/art_ham.mp3
On Sunday night, some idiot called in and said "Thanks to your call screener Gina". Art did not say anything. Is that guy just being a dick or does art really have a screener?

EvB

Quote from: Frys Girl on May 21, 2009, 06:10:16 AM
On Sunday night, some idiot called in and said "Thanks to your call screener Gina". Art did not say anything. Is that guy just being a dick or does art really have a screener?

Sometimes when Art is in Manilla - something about the technology of it all makes a screener necessary.  He can't run the entire board as he did fomrthe US. Don't know the details - just heard him mention it once.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: EvB on May 21, 2009, 12:52:41 PM
Sometimes when Art is in Manilla - something about the technology of it all makes a screener necessary.  He can't run the entire board as he did fomrthe US. Don't know the details - just heard him mention it once.
ev... unfortunately, it goes beyond this.  he has for the last couple years used a screener even while in pahrump.  the only exception to this (in pahrump) was during open lines.

about a year and a half ago i heard a caller ask art why he is using a screener, and art replied that he has always used a screener for guests.  this is bullshit and i don't know why art said it.  i REALLY wish i could find the audio of this exchange.  he seemed to be suggesting that during all of those years he was running the show, the only thing not screened was open lines.  anybody have any idea wtf he said this for?

EvB

Quoteabout a year and a half ago i heard a caller ask art why he is using a screener, and art replied that he has always used a screener for guests.  this is bullshit and i don't know why art said it.  i REALLY wish i could find the audio of this exchange.  he seemed to be suggesting that during all of those years he was running the show, the only thing not screened was open lines.  anybody have any idea wtf he said this for?

No, it makes no sense to me at all.  He's got the delay -- hmmmph - maybe just protective of guests?  They wanted it?  Who knows?  Not me!

giftedchild

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on May 21, 2009, 10:24:05 PM
ev... unfortunately, it goes beyond this.  he has for the last couple years used a screener even while in pahrump.  the only exception to this (in pahrump) was during open lines.

about a year and a half ago i heard a caller ask art why he is using a screener, and art replied that he has always used a screener for guests.  this is bullshit and i don't know why art said it.  i REALLY wish i could find the audio of this exchange.  he seemed to be suggesting that during all of those years he was running the show, the only thing not screened was open lines.  anybody have any idea wtf he said this for?

I believe it's true, Art always had a call screener.  I can remember the old days of Bell and he'd mention her name.   Although the screening was different than these days.  His call screener was there to make sure people called in on the correct lines like East of the Rockies, West of the Rockies, and his special call in line.  His call screener would also make sure you asked a question pertinent to the topic.

Snoory's call screener asks word for word the exact question to be asked  and I think to give an opportunity to dump the call.   As it appears it looks like the screener doesn't care if crazy people call or if they're all over the place regarding subject.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: giftedchild on May 28, 2009, 02:08:34 AM
I believe it's true, Art always had a call screener.  I can remember the old days of Bell and he'd mention her name.   Although the screening was different than these days.  His call screener was there to make sure people called in on the correct lines like East of the Rockies, West of the Rockies, and his special call in line.  His call screener would also make sure you asked a question pertinent to the topic.

Snoory's call screener asks word for word the exact question to be asked  and I think to give an opportunity to dump the call.   As it appears it looks like the screener doesn't care if crazy people call or if they're all over the place regarding subject.
i called art a couple times in 98 and 99.  my call wasn't screened.  it was the quick static "punch" of the telos locking the line, and then art was speaking.  nobody in between.

this topic makes me a bit depressed, i have to say.