• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Justin Trudeau continues his one man cringe brigade.

Started by The King of Kings, June 28, 2016, 01:53:11 PM

DanTSX

Quote from: Taaroa on October 07, 2019, 12:53:24 AM
Longer version:

I love how unaware he is of how goofy he appears when doing stupid dress up photo ops.  That’s next level elitism.  Literally a substitute drama teacher who takes themselves so seriously, they dont notice the cringe.

The wheelchair one is the best.  It’s the same thing as blackface.  He you can’t call them cripple anymore.  But Justin gets to play scooter antics on the sidewalks of Ottawa making an ass of himself .  It’s terrible.  And you assholes are making me laugh.

I hope he wins the election leafs.  I’m looking forward to Trump stuffing him in the locker some more over the next several years.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: DanTSX on October 14, 2019, 07:19:17 PM
I love how unaware he is of how goofy he appears when doing stupid dress up photo ops.  That’s next level elitism.  Literally a substitute drama teacher who takes themselves so seriously, they dont notice the cringe.

The wheelchair one is the best.  It’s the same thing as blackface.  He you can’t call them cripple anymore.  But Justin gets to play scooter antics on the sidewalks of Ottawa making an ass of himself .  It’s terrible.  And you assholes are making me laugh.

I hope he wins the election leafs.  I’m looking forward to Trump stuffing him in the locker some more over the next several years.

;D

Hog

Federal election in 6 days.  I'm in an area where the political party called the "Progressive Conservative Party of Canada"(blue) is usually successful.  Justin's party is the "Liberal Party of Canada", yuck.  Then usually in third place is the "New Democratic Party"(green) that currently have no seats of the available 105 seats in the Senate and 39 seats out of  338 available in the House of Commons.

Justin (Liberal-red) is 9/105 Senate and 177/338 seats.
Progressive Conservative(blue) holds 31/105 Senate seats and 95/338 House of Commons seats.

Federal Election On Monday!  (I already "Advanced Poled", I took my brother and we went and voted on Saturday.)

How much is the fine if you're a citizen of Australia citizen and you fail to vote during a federal election, what is the monetary value of the fine?  It's law that you MUST vote in elections (federal).  Just curious what the fine was?  Is the charge criminal or merely civil?   

My brother(13 months to the day older than me, blind and kinda Rainman'ish) told me that for the last federal election that the "voter turnout" was 61-or-so-percent.  If that's true I guess that's not bad?  I am his "guide" for health visits and other various appointments as a typical Westerner tends to experience.  I had to read and sign an oath that I wouldn't divulge any voting choice I witnessed.  He was able to make his own X with a big pencil in a template the actual ballot was installed into.  I read out the candidate list and he read the braille on the plastic template until he found the number that represented the candidate that he wished to vote for. He then felt tip of the pencil beside that number and made his own "X". He then folded his ballot, placed it into an envelope, which was put inside another envelope, which then he placed his ballot into the ballot box, of which I followed suit with my own "Advanced Ballot".  It's NOT like the entire ballot was in braille.  Without a guide my brother could not have voted on his own. He cannot vote "autonomously" but with a guide, he is able to vote in a dignant manner.  We both are very lucky to have been born in a country like Canada. A country with mostly sensible Western values, meaning that most Western countries do take care of their citizens for the most part.  My brother would not be alive if born in some shithole developing country. Since I HAD to be born, I could think of worse places than Canada.  For my brother I can think of few BETTER.

peace
Hog

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 13, 2019, 10:07:23 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGmCeb_4CPs

More “acting” from JT, Canada’s most prolific actor?

I think maybe Art’s stalker is working in Canada now. ;)

WOTR

Quote from: Hog on October 15, 2019, 07:57:13 PM
Federal election in 6 days.  I'm in an area where the political party called the "Progressive Conservative Party of Canada"(blue) is usually successful.  Justin's party is the "Liberal Party of Canada", yuck.  Then usually in third place is the "New Democratic Party"(green) that currently have no seats of the available 105 seats in the Senate and 39 seats out of  338 available in the House of Commons.

Justin (Liberal-red) is 9/105 Senate and 177/338 seats.
Progressive Conservative(blue) holds 31/105 Senate seats and 95/338 House of Commons seats.

Federal Election On Monday!  (I already "Advanced Poled", I took my brother and we went and voted on Saturday.)

How much is the fine if you're a citizen of Australia citizen and you fail to vote during a federal election, what is the monetary value of the fine?  It's law that you MUST vote in elections (federal).  Just curious what the fine was?  Is the charge criminal or merely civil?   

My brother(13 months to the day older than me, blind and kinda Rainman'ish) told me that for the last federal election that the "voter turnout" was 61-or-so-percent.  If that's true I guess that's not bad?  I am his "guide" for health visits and other various appointments as a typical Westerner tends to experience.  I had to read and sign an oath that I wouldn't divulge any voting choice I witnessed.  He was able to make his own X with a big pencil in a template the actual ballot was installed into.  I read out the candidate list and he read the braille on the plastic template until he found the number that represented the candidate that he wished to vote for. He then felt tip of the pencil beside that number and made his own "X". He then folded his ballot, placed it into an envelope, which was put inside another envelope, which then he placed his ballot into the ballot box, of which I followed suit with my own "Advanced Ballot".  It's NOT like the entire ballot was in braille.  Without a guide my brother could not have voted on his own. He cannot vote "autonomously" but with a guide, he is able to vote in a dignant manner.  We both are very lucky to have been born in a country like Canada. A country with mostly sensible Western values, meaning that most Western countries do take care of their citizens for the most part.  My brother would not be alive if born in some shithole developing country. Since I HAD to be born, I could think of worse places than Canada.  For my brother I can think of few BETTER.

peace
Hog

I have to confess... That is kind of cool. I would have thought that they would print a "limited run" in braille. There are signs by most doors in public institutions, currency has it "built-in." you would not think it would be a big deal.

Anyhow, good to hear that you voted. I have decided that I will not spoil my ballot this election. I will end up putting an "X" beside a name (the last two or three I did show up, took my ballot, and immediately handed it back to them, thus declining my ballot. I am still listed as voting, but it was my way of saying that every last jackass party was either lead by, or was running a local candidate so distasteful, that I could not bring myself to put the pen to paper and make a mark.)

I believe it was a provincial election where I took my ballot, went to the table, and sat there for a few minutes trying to bring myself to vote. Finally, I marked one big "X" across the entire thing, likely wrote a note to whoever counted the ballot about the shit candidates, and returned it to the pollster.

As you said- there are far worse places to be. And I'm glad that I have the option to decline, outright spoil, or vote for somebody to hopefully represent me. I think I will actually vote this time.  :D

WOTR

Quote from: DanTSX on October 14, 2019, 07:19:17 PM

I'm sure in today's world, I would be shot for what I did as a "youngster." I knew a guy who was a paraplegic from an accident. I kind of wondered what it would be like and borrowed his old manual wheelchair on a shitty, cold, slushy day in the spring and took it for a wheel for a few hours. I decided to play the part right up to refusing to get out when "stuck" and I refused help (had to see what it was like if nobody was around.)

I'm sure there would be lefties screaming about my "able bodied blackface" moment. But I can tell you that it was interesting- and it did give me a different view of things. It was before the days when every curb was cut down for access. (Fortunately, I had practiced enough to balance on two wheels and get myself up the damn things.) I could not take a bus (before the days when each one had a ramp for access.) I could not actually get into my home (obviously not wheel chair accessible.) My shirt got wrecked from the road slush on the wheels. My hands got bruised from miscalculating the "knobs" whirring around. I got frustrated with the stupidity of the whole exercise.

And then I got to return his chair, stand up, and walk away from it. Kind of put things in perspective.

WOTR

Thank goodness Mr. Obama told me who to vote for. I just about made a major mistake by going with my own feelings.  :(

https://twitter.com/BarackObama/status/1184528998669389824?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 16, 2019</a>

DanTSX

Quote from: WOTR on October 16, 2019, 11:41:26 PM
Thank goodness Mr. Obama told me who to vote for. I just about made a major mistake by going with my own feelings.  :(

https://twitter.com/BarackObama/status/1184528998669389824?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 16, 2019</a>

He’s watching out for his fellow soros money recipients

DanTSX

Quote from: WOTR on October 16, 2019, 03:00:17 AM
I'm sure in today's world, I would be shot for what I did as a "youngster." I knew a guy who was a paraplegic from an accident. I kind of wondered what it would be like and borrowed his old manual wheelchair on a shitty, cold, slushy day in the spring and took it for a wheel for a few hours. I decided to play the part right up to refusing to get out when "stuck" and I refused help (had to see what it was like if nobody was around.)

I'm sure there would be lefties screaming about my "able bodied blackface" moment. But I can tell you that it was interesting- and it did give me a different view of things. It was before the days when every curb was cut down for access. (Fortunately, I had practiced enough to balance on two wheels and get myself up the damn things.) I could not take a bus (before the days when each one had a ramp for access.) I could not actually get into my home (obviously not wheel chair accessible.) My shirt got wrecked from the road slush on the wheels. My hands got bruised from miscalculating the "knobs" whirring around. I got frustrated with the stupidity of the whole exercise.

And then I got to return his chair, stand up, and walk away from it. Kind of put things in perspective.

Cool blog post .  Thank you for your service.

WOTR

Quote from: DanTSX on October 17, 2019, 05:13:10 AM

Cool blog post .  Thank you for your service.

Just find it interesting that this would be (is) frowned upon today.

WOTR

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 19, 2019, 10:31:57 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hvcgev8cxis

That is all well and good-  he does raise some valid concerns.  However, Obama has assured me that he is the golden child to lead us through the next four years... And really- who are you going to believe? A respected world leader, or a youtubber who does not even qualify as "trusted media" in order to receive some of "Trudeau's propaganda bucks?"

Sorry. I'm unswayed and voting Liberal.  ;)

Kidnostad3

Quote from: WOTR on October 19, 2019, 12:12:18 PM
That is all well and good-  he does raise some valid concerns.  However, Obama has assured me that he is the golden child to lead us through the next four years... And really- who are you going to believe? A respected world leader, or a youtubber who does not even qualify as "trusted media" in order to receive some of "Trudeau's propaganda bucks?"

Sorry. I'm unswayed and voting Liberal.  ;)

DanTSX

Quebec needs to be its own country.  They will be dragged down by what is sure to be several decades of leafy looniness as every politicians scrambles to put on a good show for their riding of how progressive the can be.   As untouched issue begin to be tapped, the best place to be in Canada, will be a fought over special issue member that their politicians are fighting over.

Quebec still has hope.  Everyone else a nightmarish schizo world like the city in The Running Man.

WOTR

Quote from: DanTSX on October 20, 2019, 04:42:05 PM
Quebec needs to be its own country.  They will be dragged down by what is sure to be several decades of leafy looniness as every politicians scrambles to put on a good show for their riding of how progressive the can be.   As untouched issue begin to be tapped, the best place to be in Canada, will be a fought over special issue member that their politicians are fighting over.

Quebec still has hope.  Everyone else a nightmarish schizo world like the city in The Running Man.

Why the hell would they do that? Where would the 13 Billion dollars that the West gives them come from if they separated? We are so flush with money out west, that the Canadian government has decided to give them an ADDITIONAL 1.5 billion this year...

Those fuckers have a 3-4 billion dollar surplus this year. Alberta is running massive deficits due to the energy price collapse (and being dumb enough to have voted an NDP government last time...) And we are still paying them.

If you have never heard of equalization payments: Meet the reason that the seperatist movement is gaining traction in the western provinces...*

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/politics/article-quebec-to-receive-14-billion-equalization-boost-while-oil-producing/

*You watch tomorrow. Most of Manitoba, all of Saskatchewan, and all of Alberta will be conservative. The east will vote Trudeau, BC will vote NDP, and we will be governed by a party happy to rape our provinces to buy the votes in the provinces that elect them.

Dr. MD MD

Canada votes for 4 more years of derp. Way to go leafs! ::) ::)

Dr. MD MD

What’s wrong with conservatives in this country?! They took a perfectly good prime ministerial scandal, did nothing with it and were defeated. It’s almost like they didn’t try and really didn’t want to lead. Oh well, at least we’ll have a few more years of dress-up parties; other world leaders ingnoring him at the UN and Trump stuffing him in the locker.

WOTR

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 21, 2019, 10:14:40 PM
What’s wrong with conservatives in this country?! They took a perfectly good prime ministerial scandal, did nothing with it and were defeated. It’s almost like they didn’t try and really didn’t want to lead. Oh well, at least we’ll have a few more years of dress-up parties; other world leaders ingnoring him at the UN and Trump stuffing him in the locker.
It's exactly as I called it. A liberal minority propped up by the NDP. The worst of all worlds. The only joy is that minority governments last an average of 18 months in Canada. However, I fear this one will go longer. Trudeau will not want to vote against anything the NDP wants out of fear of losing his "leftist" credentials. Anything left that he introduces will be supported by the NDP.

I'm finally scared enough to think that our economy really is going to be in big trouble. I'm also going to look closer at Western Separatism. The only problem is that without B.C (unlikely to come along), the west still lacks access to any tide waters.

If you actually listened to Trudeau tonight, he gave a big "fuck you" to the West- and he did so with his trademark bullshit smile.

I could go on a real rant right now, but will spare everybody. Suffice to say that I'm not surprised. But I'm about as disappointed in my country as I recall ever having been.

*Maybe this will help? Fuck you- you sniveling little piece of Shit.

**Nope.

Dr. MD MD

Conservatives won 34% of the popular vote while Liberals won 33%. Is Canada a republic too now? :D

WOTR

Quote from: ItsOver on October 22, 2019, 06:27:08 AM
Ha! 

"Ha!"

Really? That is like me wishing another Clinton presidency on your nation...  :-\

ItsOver

Quote from: WOTR on October 22, 2019, 07:20:53 PM
"Ha!"

Really? That is like me wishing another Clinton presidency on your nation...  :-\
It's a joke, eh?