• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 30, 2018, 05:27:24 PM
That vulture comment turned me against her as well.  I wasn't a regular listener but I listened once in a while and was rather impartial to her. I couldn't really take her seriously though what with the fake Art vocal inflections.

Oh how I cringed for her. I couldn't listen to open lines, only if I really wanted to listen to the guest and so put up with it.

Sean92008

Quote from: Aquarius on May 30, 2018, 05:44:35 PM
She said it online, in public, right after Knapp did a really nice, heartfelt tribute to Art, who btw, he knew many many years longer than HW did. She didn't want the police to announce his passing, was ticked that C2C announced it while she decided to pass on doing a show that night, then attacked Knapp when he paid his respects two nights later. Totally out of line, she was, in addition to telling her fans to bash any guest host that might be put on in her absence. Dark side certainly emerged!
Those YouTube links are just a distraction.

Offering a song via podcast, broadcast or download has costs involved to have permission to use the material. If downloaded with music included, payment must be made as if it were a download (like on iTunes).  That is a money-losing proposition if charging $4.99/month for unlimited downloads. Even a 30-download per month limit at 9¢ a song included will lose over $15 a month per subscriber.

I, among others, have contacted BMI/ASCAP, and the performance rights agencies (I also contacted publishers) notifying them of this situation.

They may be slow to act but they will count the plays from day one. Plus, penalties and legal expenses will be tabulated.  That includes the cost of correspondence notifying them of the violation.

Her trolls and lurkers have seen this here before. Why they haven't presented it to her is beyond me. There is no magic license. If she wrote the music herself, her publisher and the performance rights people would still want their cuts too.

Quote from: Chad Jacobs on May 30, 2018, 05:38:09 PM
If she said that I would be curious to know what the context might have been (had he declined an interview? I know she had been seeking one for some time).  If true not a nice thing to say, but then again we all say stupid stuff especially on Twitter (I have liked many of Roseanne's shows, but cannot begin to defend her Twitter statements). Still, George Knapp is a truly nice guy and an amazing broadcaster. No one (Art included) takes more time to know his guests material (sometimes seemingly better than the guest's themselves) before an interview.

You could be right. George Knapp was far from the only friend or one time colleague of Art's to post something on social media from the past, yet it was George K she singled out to attack. Just totally uncalled for. And it only escalated from there.

Knapp is a great guy and I wish there were more broadcasters out there with balls the size he has. If he is vulture, then I'm Art Bell.

Ghost

Quote from: Chad Jacobs on May 30, 2018, 02:44:53 PM
Does this mean that she has always had Art's "sacred" mike (which I feel is destined to be in the radio broadcasting hall of fame) perhaps just by the entrance to Rush's EOB branch? For whatever reason (perhaps the placebo effect, but it seemed pronounced) she was significantly more clear after she announced the move in terms of audio fidelity.  Also, if she did move before she announced (and thus was prevaricating) isn't it possible that she did so for security/privacy reasons (both for herself, Art, and his family?).  I tend to believe that if they (Heather and Art) were having some sort of illicit, ongoing relationship that being so close to Art's wife and family would have made Heather so uncomfortable that she psychologically would not have been able to live there (and continue doing so) without tremendous anxiety (not saying that it is impossible, just unlikely). Also, Heather talked about Art's kids helping with her cats. Again, I believe that if their relationship was not appropriate that Art's wife would at a minimum have put the kibosh on such interactions.  Obviously, Heather isn't perfect and neither was Art (personally, from a broadcasting standpoint he was Michael Jordan) but I have a great appreciation of what they have endeavored to bring to the venue.

Think about what you said, then watch this. Art was into some serious wife swapping. After I listened to MV’s interview with Art’s son Vincent, I (who listened devotedly to him from the beginning - I’m that old) lost respect for him. My old man cheated on his wife/my mother and spawned out of wedlock kids. HURTS LIKE HELL to be dumped by your dad sperm donor.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5gD8jZh9F8o&time_continue=1

Bluejay

Quote from: Christ on a Bike on May 30, 2018, 05:17:50 PM
She has serious mental health issues and hope she addresses them.

Bluejay

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 30, 2018, 05:27:24 PM
That vulture comment turned me against her as well.  I wasn't a regular listener but I listened once in a while and was rather impartial to her. I couldn't really take her seriously though what with the fake Art vocal inflections.
Ditto.

albrecht

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 30, 2018, 04:02:33 PM
Thanks. Great movie!  I used to do a pretty good impression of Burton.  Haven't done it in ages though.  Where are the actors with great commanding voices these days?  Back then, you had Burton, O'Toole, Harris.  There's no one in their league now. :-\
George C Scott, Rod Steiger, Brando but yeah that crew above was awesome. Because they were men and also due to theater training- and lots of having to give a loud shout to bartenders over the years for more drinks over a crowd, I suspect.  ;)

albrecht

Quote from: WeinerInHand on May 30, 2018, 04:27:38 PM
Have you ever visited Ruby Falls or the Chickamauga CW Battlefield. I've been saying for years that I need to do a home call in Chattanooga and get to those places.
My truck broke down once in Chattanooga and I went to the aquariums. Good Stuff!
By "Rock City" which also is advertised forever on the highways or was.

albrecht

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 30, 2018, 05:21:10 PM
I think George Sanders could have done it too.  LOL.  He was always a great villainous cad.
He was awesome in many roles and sucks about the end of life but at least the note wasn't bitter.  ;) :( There is a Ronald Colman "connection" also. Haha.

Quote from: Chad Jacobs on May 30, 2018, 05:38:09 PM
If she said that I would be curious to know what the context might have been (had he declined an interview? I know she had been seeking one for some time).  If true not a nice thing to say, but then again we all say stupid stuff especially on Twitter (I have liked many of Roseanne's shows, but cannot begin to defend her Twitter statements). Still, George Knapp is a truly nice guy and an amazing broadcaster. No one (Art included) takes more time to know his guests material (sometimes seemingly better than the guest's themselves) before an interview.

https://twitter.com/ArtBellProducer/status/987073219499704325

Quote from: Ghost on May 30, 2018, 06:05:29 PM
Think about what you said, then watch this. Art was into some serious wife swapping. After I listened to MV’s interview with Art’s son Vincent, I (who listened devotedly to him from the beginning - I’m that old) lost respect for him. My old man cheated on his wife/my mother and spawned out of wedlock kids. HURTS LIKE HELL to be dumped by your dad sperm donor.

There was nothing new learned really except Vincent isn’t going to sue for Arts money.

Art had admitted to “having a way with the ladies” and said he regretted it. Margret seemed like she had and axe to grind and only surfaced after he was dead. Art isn’t around to refute her claims. There is a reason it is in poor taste to talk ill of the dead.

Vincent however stuck to what he has been saying for years. I give more credence to what he had to say.

Quote from: Ghost on May 30, 2018, 06:05:29 PM

Sorry you had to go through that.  I count my blessings that I had two good parents.

Jocko Johnson

THE FOLLOWING IS PURELY A HYPOTHETICAL AND FICTIONAL NARRATIVE. ANY CHARACTERS ARE FICITIOUS AND ANY RESEMBLANCE TO ANY REAL PERSON OR PERSONS LIVING OR DEAD OR TIMES AND PLACES IS ABSOLUTELY AND PURELY COINCIDENTIAL...JJ.

Let's see if we can blow the lid off this...
As the plot thickens and the lies begin to pile up. Let us look at some facts as we know them & dates, we got some folks here that know this shit inside out...here then is my questions.

When all the alledged terror attacks and threatening phone calls were being made to AB was HW already living there? If so what was her actual involvement? Was it a plan to make it easier for him to exit and her to make noticable and sensational entrance, (free publicity. No blitz needed) to the airwaves?  Was it a plan by who knows, let's say someone who maybe a few slices short of the whole pizza pie, someone who had indeared herself to a sex 'cumsumed' old gent, someone who's lifelong dream in a maybe not so normal mind to give anything and everything to "have a radio show and be a broadcaster." Remember wasn't it Dr. Munchy Cuckoo who was on the show, (yes? we can ck the date) when AB had shots fired at him according to the story? HW claimed "she was home and AB called her to give the details. So when, (what were the dates when the gun play all started?) Because HW was so worried and shaken she was like a basket case and didn't she say she called the cops!? From California or Parhump Nev and the cuckshed next door?
Then AB had the talk with the family and decided it was over, the young child so frightened found hiding under the bed (no word from the nut, the shooter ever again...AB did not accept the many offers of help and assistance from listener who were involved in this sort of work...security, military and LE.) Was HW sitting at the table in the AB compound main HQ drinking java and smoking butts with the family helping to make this decision? The replacement seemed to be on the spot and ready to just slide  right in. Perhaps some of the sorrow and grief was now from watching this epic plan falling down around her ears when AB entered the next life. Was or is HW afraid that perhaps an associate or 2, or 3 may turn rat?

We need someone who knows how to go through all the posts, fb crap etc and make out a time line or as we would say in Brooklyn a scorecard, because u can't tell the players without one. Maybe that's why the local constabulary was not very cooperative since they felt they were being played...maybe along with all of us?

What say you? Quite a tale...we just need the correct dates to see if the puzzle pieces all fit.

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 30, 2018, 06:27:54 PM
Sorry you had to go through that.  I count my blessings that I had two good parents.

To be honest my dad wasn’t going to win dad of the year, but I deeply regret I didn’t realize how decent of a dad he was. When I hear stories like Vincent’s and similar it makes me realize I was lucky to have him.

Freyja

Quote from: Aquarius on May 30, 2018, 05:30:40 PM
The only issue with your take on this is that you are dropping out/ignoring the clear signs of both HW's and Art's sociopathic tendencies, evidenced in so many known details about them (ignoring speculation here) it would be too laborious to document here. Sociopath doesn'tmean killer, btw, it means someone who has an inability to empathize with other people, who can't feel real feelings for others. If they wanted to have an affair (I suspect they likely were, just a specualtion), neither of them would have taken others' feelings into consideration, but would have put their attention on how to do what they pleased and not get caught... or if Airyn knew, to have her acquiesce happily or not. We don't know their private dynamics, but this really looks like garden-variety sociopathy and/or narcissism, a different flavor of personality disorder. Not criminals, but not warm and fuzzy for others' feelings in any way. Just my two cents.

+1
So what do we call those who follow and seem to be obsessed with following sociopaths, what they do or don't...just asking for a friend...  ;)

Father Jack

Quote from: Freyja on May 30, 2018, 06:33:06 PM
+1
So what do we call those who follow and seem to be obsessed with following sociopaths, what they do or don't...just asking for a friend...  ;)

Chumps is perhaps the kindest term.

Quote from: albrecht on May 30, 2018, 06:23:43 PM
He was awesome in many roles and sucks about the end of life but at least the note wasn't bitter.  ;) :( There is a Ronald Colman "connection" also. Haha.

I think in some ways I sympathized with Sanders decision to leave this cesspool (his word) especially after seeing him in this garbage.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Freyja on May 30, 2018, 06:33:06 PM
+1

Bellgabbers

albrecht

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 30, 2018, 06:42:03 PM
I think in some ways I sympathized with Sanders decision to leave this cesspool (his word) especially after seeing him in this garbage.

Over the years such have been reassessed. Sort of like appreciation of Ray Milland in "Frogs!" Or some famous folks in "Tentacles!"   ;) I'm not sure what was going on in those years? I thought studio contracts were over? But folks just wanted a paycheck or whatever? Or just drunks on a lark decided to do some bad movies, some of which have many good actors in them- like many a disaster or animal attack movie?

Freyja

Quote from: Father Jack on May 30, 2018, 06:41:39 PM
Chumps is perhaps the kindest term.

Not sure Father....guess there is something in the "human condition" that most all feel a need to have "heroes" or "gods" in various spectrums.
History has proven time and time again IMHO that most humans are "chumps" for whatever they chump for.
Maybe there's some potential for "ChumpGab" somewhere out there....   

Ghost

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 30, 2018, 06:27:54 PM

Thanks, 21st, I appreciate it. ...it is what it is.

Ghost

Quote from: Jocko Johnson on May 30, 2018, 06:29:14 PM
THE FOLLOWING IS PURELY A HYPOTHETICAL AND FICTIONAL NARRATIVE. ANY CHARACTERS ARE FICITIOUS AND ANY RESEMBLANCE TO ANY REAL PERSON OR PERSONS LIVING OR DEAD OR TIMES AND PLACES IS ABSOLUTELY AND PURELY COINCIDENTIAL...JJ.

Let's see if we can blow the lid off this...
As the plot thickens and the lies begin to pile up. Let us look at some facts as we know them & dates, we got some folks here that know this shit inside out...here then is my questions.

When all the alledged terror attacks and threatening phone calls were being made to AB was HW already living there? If so what was her actual involvement? Was it a plan to make it easier for him to exit and her to make noticable and sensational entrance, (free publicity. No blitz needed) to the airwaves?  Was it a plan by who knows, let's say someone who maybe a few slices short of the whole pizza pie, someone who had indeared herself to a sex 'cumsumed' old gent, someone who's lifelong dream in a maybe not so normal mind to give anything and everything to "have a radio show and be a broadcaster." Remember wasn't it Dr. Munchy Cuckoo who was on the show, (yes? we can ck the date) when AB had shots fired at him according to the story? HW claimed "she was home and AB called her to give the details. So when, (what were the dates when the gun play all started?) Because HW was so worried and shaken she was like a basket case and didn't she say she called the cops!? From California or Parhump Nev and the cuckshed next door?
Then AB had the talk with the family and decided it was over, the young child so frightened found hiding under the bed (no word from the nut, the shooter ever again...AB did not accept the many offers of help and assistance from listener who were involved in this sort of work...security, military and LE.) Was HW sitting at the table in the AB compound main HQ drinking java and smoking butts with the family helping to make this decision? The replacement seemed to be on the spot and ready to just slide  right in. Perhaps some of the sorrow and grief was now from watching this epic plan falling down around her ears when AB entered the next life. Was or is HW afraid that perhaps an associate or 2, or 3 may turn rat?

We need someone who knows how to go through all the posts, fb crap etc and make out a time line or as we would say in Brooklyn a scorecard, because u can't tell the players without one. Maybe that's why the local constabulary was not very cooperative since they felt they were being played...maybe along with all of us?

What say you? Quite a tale...we just need the correct dates to see if the puzzle pieces all fit.

You are on to something. Bye Joe, I think you nailed it.

ge30542

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 30, 2018, 03:56:32 PM
She's decent-looking for her age.  To continue with the Burton analogy, you would have thought Richard Burton would have been happy with Liz Taylor at home too.  Nope, he's got to keep tapping other asses.  Who knows though?
Men are dogs, plain and simple.

albrecht

Quote from: Ghost on May 30, 2018, 06:57:15 PM
Thanks, 21st, I appreciate it. ...it is what it is.
Social media and things like "21 and me" or whatever it is called is causing interesting things. Not for good? Maybe for good? Idk but family trees and things are being found out. Sometimes sleeping dogs should lie? A friend I hadn't seen in awhile discovered he had a kid from a post HS summer fling. We all remembered the incident. Folks went away to college, jobs, etc but she married quickly to HS boyfriend who was away during that one time drunken night with my friend. Nobody thought anything of it. FFW several decades. Folks moved away and not much contacts. But friend is on FB and sees a connection through a connection to that girl and then sees her son posted photos- who looks almost just like him.Tells us. "Numbers" work out. But I say, don't fuck them up. The dad raised and payed for the kid who he thinks is his own, or whatever agreement, she did. He is an adult now, why bring it up? No liability now because he is an adult but still why contact? He contacted her and she FB blocked him. But he contacted the kid (an adult now.) He "never had a son" so made contact. Idk where it stands. They've met and stuff. Crazy. Not sure but this stuff happens....

trostol

have to take a laugh at tonight's guest for her

Asuka Langley

Quote from: Jinger Rat Snapps on May 30, 2018, 06:50:04 PM

This is more his style:

Art liked little boys tho....  *As confirmed by Marsha Boyd*

Quote from: albrecht on May 30, 2018, 07:07:16 PM
Social media and things like "21 and me" or whatever it is called is causing interesting things. Not for good? Maybe for good? Idk but family trees and things are being found out. Sometimes sleeping dogs should lie? A friend I hadn't seen in awhile discovered he had a kid from a post HS summer fling. We all remembered the incident. Folks went away to college, jobs, etc but she married quickly to HS boyfriend who was away during that one time drunken night with my friend. Nobody thought anything of it. FFW several decades. Folks moved away and not much contacts. But friend is on FB and sees a connection through a connection to that girl and then sees her son posted photos- who looks almost just like him.Tells us. "Numbers" work out. But I say, don't fuck them up. The dad raised and payed for the kid who he thinks is his own, or whatever agreement, she did. He is an adult now, why bring it up? No liability now because he is an adult but still why contact? He contacted her and she FB blocked him. But he contacted the kid (an adult now.) He "never had a son" so made contact. Idk where it stands. They've met and stuff. Crazy. Not sure but this stuff happens....

I did find out later in life that my mom was my dad's second wife.  I think he was married briefly in Hawaii when he was in the service.  My grandmother (his mom) told us about it in the late 80's.  She was pissed off at him for God knows what.  Needless to say I was shocked but no one ever brought it up again.  I would have liked to hear the details of that escapade.  I guess no children were produced though you never know.  I could have a half-brother or half-sister in Hawaii.  Ah well, the recklessness of youth.