• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Nobody

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 30, 2018, 02:59:29 PM
Karen at KNYE sure despises Heather and the only reason I can think of that would cause her to feel that way is she suspected an illicit relationship was going on between Heather and Art.

Alternately, Karen might resent Heather simply because no one gave Karen anything while Heather was given every advantage.

If I remember the EoD interview correctly, Karen said she had to learn how to run a radio station the hard way: through trial and error and reading TFM.  Eventually, Art sold (not gave) Karen the station.

Then, Heather breezes in, Art gives her everything in the way of help and guidance, then goes on to lie his head off constantly assure Heather she's doing great while almost all the afilliates flee and DMDN loses subscribers every month for the next 2.5 years.

Perhaps I have an overactive imagination, but from where I'm standing, Karen may have disliked Heather for the simple reason she spotted her as talentless from the start, then watched her being given an excellent opportunity to make good, only for everything to come to naught.  When you've had to claw your own way up, I expect seeing someone Blow It like that is bound to breed resentment.

(Just a guess.)

Sean92008

Quote from: Father Jack on May 30, 2018, 03:49:14 PM
Karen. I don't reckon that Art was tapping her what with that cute Filipina at home. I may stand to be corrected, though.
Where she went to high school was very close to one of his DJ jobs in Oceanside, California. He was there in the mid-70s... If she's 57 or older, I would have to wonder...

Quote from: Nobody on May 30, 2018, 04:02:35 PM
Alternately, Karen might resent Heather simply because no one gave Karen anything while Heather was given every advantage.

If I remember the EoD interview correctly, Karen said she had to learn how to run a radio station the hard way: through trial and error and reading TFM.  Eventually, Art sold (not gave) Karen the station.

Then, Heather breezes in, Art gives her everything in the way of help and guidance, then goes on to lie his head off constantly assure Heather she's doing great while almost all the afilliates flee and DMDN loses subscribers every month for the next 2.5 years.

Perhaps I have an overactive imagination, but from where I'm standing, Karen may have disliked Heather for the simple reason she spotted her as talentless from the start, then watched her being given an excellent opportunity to make good, only for everything to come to naught.  When you've had to claw your own way up, I expect seeing someone Blow It like that is bound to breed resentment.

(Just a guess.)

That works too!  ;) I really don't believe Art was diddling Karen. I can't be as certain about his relationship with Heather though.  He definitely was smitten with Heather for whatever weird reason.  For the life of me, I don't understand why.

Quote from: Sean92008 on May 30, 2018, 04:04:45 PM
Where she went to high school was very close to one of his DJ jobs in Oceanside, California. He was there in the mid-70s... If she's 57 or older, I would have to wonder...

Karen looks like she might have been a hottie back then.

Bluejay

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 30, 2018, 03:35:20 PM
Then again, I bet Art fucked some nasty pieces at those swingers parties.  He may have been one of those like Richard Burton who would fuck anything with a VJ-J even if it was old Mother Hubbard.  No disrespect towards Karen intended.  I don't even know what she looks like.  She doesn't sound like a model though.

Juan

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 30, 2018, 04:02:33 PM
  Where are the actors with great commanding voices these days?  Back then, you had Burton, O'Toole, Harris.  There's no one in their league now. :-\
Where are the men with commanding voices. The voices of the soy boys are higher than the girl’s.

Bluejay

Quote from: Juan on May 30, 2018, 04:12:09 PM
Where are the men with commanding voices. The voices of the soy boys are higher than the girl’s.
Hormones in the food supply?

Quote from: Bluejay on May 30, 2018, 04:10:56 PM

I spewed on that one!!!  Oh dear. Keep 'em coming.  Actually put all your photoshops in one thread so I can easily find them and use them at a later date.  With your permission of course.  ;D

Bluejay

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 30, 2018, 04:15:42 PM
I spewed on that one!!!  Oh dear. Keep 'em coming.  Actually put all your photoshops in one thread so I can easily find them at a later date.  With your permission of course.  ;D
;D

Asuka Langley

Quote from: Bluejay on May 30, 2018, 04:10:56 PM

Oh lawd, iz dat AKB48 chasing Art Senapi?

wew lad, i think i need a smoke

Quote from: Juan on May 30, 2018, 04:12:09 PM

Girly-men dominate the culture, that's for sure.  :-\

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on May 30, 2018, 04:18:28 PM
Oh lawd, iz dat AKB48 chasing Art Senapi?

wew lad, i think i need a smoke

I thought of you when I saw that. LOL

WeinerInHand

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 30, 2018, 02:00:23 AM
God, it keeps on raining here in North Georgia.  I'm sick of it.  We've had rain every freaking day for like 3 weeks.

Have you ever visited Ruby Falls or the Chickamauga CW Battlefield. I've been saying for years that I need to do a home call in Chattanooga and get to those places.
My truck broke down once in Chattanooga and I went to the aquariums. Good Stuff!

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Nobody on May 30, 2018, 04:02:35 PM

(Just a guess.)

You've made some solid points & have risen more questions in my mind. Karen had to learn hands on, with no guidance. There is always more under the surface, than meets the eye.

Exile

Quote from: Kolchak on May 30, 2018, 02:21:07 PM

Has Kieth said anything about when he plans on (if) he is going to anything about this?

Quote from: WeinerInHand on May 30, 2018, 04:27:38 PM
Have you ever visited Ruby Falls or the Chickamauga CW Battlefield. I've been saying for years that I need to do a home call in Chattanooga and get to those places.
My truck broke down once in Chattanooga and I went to the aquariums. Good Stuff!

Funny, you mention Chickamauga. I've never been there but I've been trying to go there during the last month but things haven't lined up with the friends that I wanted to go with. I live right next to the Kennesaw Battlefield so I go there quite often.  I've been to Lookout Mountain but never saw Rock City or Ruby Falls.  That really should be on my bucket list.  Lord knows I've seen enough signs for them during my life.  I've been to the aquarium in Chattanooga.  That was an awesome place.

Quote from: BettyO417 on May 30, 2018, 02:22:47 PM
Quote from: DynamoHum on May 30, 2018, 04:45:12 AM
So Heater Wad is going to turn her show into “Art Bell Story Hour” where she tells some random story about Art and cries a bit?

I left the Sonos on LNM last night and fell asleep half way through Evil MV slurring on about subscriptions and woke when my subconscious brain couldn’t deal with perky pup Warren and Wad’s voice any longer. She was halfway through some extremely homogenised version of how she was chosen (maybe we should start calling her M’uaDib) and Warren was slapping her ego with his flaccid cock.

I suppose she can rinse and repeat these tales ad infinitum due to the advanced age and medication status of her audience.

I do believe I saw warren on his way to the interview ;)

WeinerInHand

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 30, 2018, 04:35:24 PM
Funny, you mention Chickamauga. I've never been there but I've been trying to go there during the last month but things haven't lined up with the friends that I wanted to go with. I live right next to the Kennesaw Battlefield so I go there quite often.  I've been to Lookout Mountain but never saw Rock City or Ruby Falls.  That really should be on my bucket list.  Lord knows I've seen enough signs for them during my life.  I've been to the aquarium in Chattanooga.  That was an awesome place.

Yeah, I think that I'm going to take my daughter and nephew this fall. If I remember correctly, there was Cherokee heritage museum somewhere around that area that I'd like to check out.

Quote from: WeinerInHand on May 30, 2018, 04:41:18 PM
Yeah, I think that I'm going to take my daughter and nephew this fall. If I remember correctly, there was Cherokee heritage museum somewhere around that area that I'd like to check out.

Yes, there is a Chief John Ross museum up by Fort Oglethorpe.  I'm sure there are probably other Cherokee museums in the area too. 

Quote from: Bart Ell on May 30, 2018, 10:18:33 AM
https://twitter.com/bart_ell/status/1001860301132877824

Wow that sucks for poor Carl   :'(

So did Heather have to go out to the mound and send him to showers?

Or maybe he had to call in his Brother-in-Law for help?
http://mabuhaywebpublishing.com.ph/

Smeghead

Quote from: WeinerInHand on May 30, 2018, 04:27:38 PM
Ruby Falls was actually pretty amazing.  At least in '81 it was.  We made a road trip from Houston to PA back then to visit family and they had the tourist trap billboards for it what seemed like every mile when you started getting close to it.  On the way back, we decided to take a break there and see what it was.  We expected something really tacky, but were surprised by it and the history of how it was found.

Metron2267

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 30, 2018, 04:02:33 PM
Thanks. Great movie!  I used to do a pretty good impression of Burton.  Haven't done it in ages though.  Where are the actors with great commanding voices these days?  Back then, you had Burton, O'Toole, Harris.  There's no one in their league now. :-\

Ah yes, and let's not forget James Mason...the link being Sue Lyon appearing in both "Lolita" and "Night"...

A stunner for sure.

trust_no_one

Quote from: weeberwubber on May 30, 2018, 03:48:54 PM
I'm 10 pages behind so forgive me if it's been brought up but I just can't believe how ballsy she is:

Same price, same Time Traveler name, same Wormhole name, same everything except now she's allowing folks to download the bumper music defying all sense of monetilogical reasoning. Balls!

Yeah, I saw that on FB recently.  Really ?  Makes no sense but the sycophants will probably sign up.  (And get their email tomorrow - maybe).  Whatever, no one still can explain how this works financially with the alleged bumper music on the recorded version ?

At least she keeping the bumper music "legacy" alive - remember when Art had the near quittening prior to even starting MITD over the bumper music ?  Most of said we were happy just to have Art back, didn't need the bumper music.

Man, we were all played by Art. . . 

Quote from: Metron2267 on May 30, 2018, 04:59:07 PM
Ah yes, and let's not forget James Mason...the link being Sue Lyon appearing in both "Lolita" and "Night"...

A stunner for sure.

James Mason for sure.  I also have a deep fondness for Ronald Colman.  Interesting fact, Colman was slated to be the lead in Village of The Damned when he died.  His wife married George Sanders after he died and Sanders ended up with the role.

WeinerInHand

Quote from: Chad Jacobs on May 30, 2018, 02:50:08 PM
Stephen King is the "Art Bell" of story telling and I suspect that it will only be after his death (hopefully many years from now) that he is recognized for both his story telling and more importantly his "character development" abilities. In addition, if you look at books like The Stand and The Dark Tower you see elements great science fiction and fantasy (as well as one interpretation of Everett's many world's hypothesis which is gaining traction in many physics circles).

If you enjoy titles in the vein of Lovecraft, I found this one for three or four bucks in the kindle ebook store. Seven stories - well written.

Metron2267

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 30, 2018, 04:08:49 PM
That works too!  ;) I really don't believe Art was diddling Karen. I can't be as certain about his relationship with Heather though.  He definitely was smitten with Heather for whatever weird reason.  For the life of me, I don't understand why.

All you need to do is overlay their faces and observe the very distinctive jaw structure.

I hate to do the conspiracy theory on this one but the lack of objectivity Art had about her broadcasting chops, the passing of the "legacy" torch, selling her the studio home, etc.

It all seems to line up as HLW being his daughter from some other dalliance. And her boundless grief is suddenly understandable in that she lost the father she built an adult relationship with.

Anywho...that's my Columbo for the day....

Quote from: trust_no_one on May 30, 2018, 05:00:54 PM
Yeah, I saw that on FB recently.  Really ?  Makes no sense but the sycophants will probably sign up.  (And get their email tomorrow - maybe).  Whatever, no one still can explain how this works financially with the alleged bumper music on the recorded version ?

At least she keeping the bumper music "legacy" alive - remember when Art had the near quittening prior to even starting MITD over the bumper music ?  Most of said we were happy just to have Art back, didn't need the bumper music.

Man, we were all played by Art. . .

I think Art considered bumper music critical to his show for some reason. Admittedly music does really change the feel of a show when you listen to it live.