• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

WOTR

Quote from: Zenman on May 09, 2018, 12:21:38 AM
Lol, little WOTRs.
That's kind of funny.  I missed it.   8)

Sean92008

Good show.

I'd love to hear JC, Area 51 pilot and Mel's Hole actors come clean on the AB tribute show on MitD.

Sammi

Quote from: Sean92008 on May 09, 2018, 01:36:48 AM
Good show.

I'd love to hear JC, Area 51 pilot and Mel's Hole actors come clean on the AB tribute show on MitD.

I still like to believe all of these are real...   I mean JC has to be real.. He called into to C2C long after Art left and still managed to call into Heather...

Sean92008

Quote from: Sammi on May 09, 2018, 01:42:13 AM
I still like to believe all of these are real...   I mean JC has to be real.. He called into to C2C long after Art left and still managed to call into Heather...

Somebody here (or somewhere) brought up that these characters were all old HAM buddies of his...

Sammi

Quote from: Sean92008 on May 09, 2018, 01:43:52 AM
Somebody here (or somewhere) brought up that these characters were all old HAM buddies of his...

They were ALL fake?!!?!?!?    Fuck that. ha.  I've always asserted Mel Water's was a hoax, but I never thought Art was in collusion.   So basically he might as well have been acting out War Of The Worlds.

chefist

Quote from: Sammi on May 09, 2018, 01:49:16 AM
They were ALL fake?!!?!?!?    Fuck that. ha.  I've always asserted Mel Water's was a hoax, but I never thought Art was in collusion.   So basically he might as well have been acting out War Of The Worlds.

Does it matter...as long as you were entertained?

Quote from: Sammi on May 09, 2018, 01:49:16 AM

Weird right?  There was no stalker, no Ouija Board story, no non-compete...

Scully

I'm noticing a lot of us refugees are coming back into the fold.  Praise Dave Schrader.

Sammi

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on May 09, 2018, 01:56:39 AM
Weird right?  There was no stalker, no Ouija Board story, no non-compete...

It's kind of like finding out there's no Santa Claus

DaveScottSOR

Hey I noticed the name change on this thread!

Where the hell do I go now for my Lasha Lashings and my emotional Paul and Ella tributes?

This thread has become like heroin!  I'm jonesing to know how Paul and Ella's dog is doing with no familiar voices on the radio?

Someone please help me?

dsz

Quote from: DaveScottSOR on May 09, 2018, 02:02:21 AM
Hey I noticed the name change on this thread!

Where the hell do I go now for my Lasha Lashings and my emotional Paul and Ella tributes?

This thread has become like heroin!  I'm jonesing to know how Paul and Ella's dog is doing with no familiar voices on the radio?

Someone please help me?

I'm sure if you wanted to pimp her out as a dominatrix you could have a good share of Lasha Lashings. And as for the rest I guess we'll just have to oh so eagerly await Heather's triumphant train wreck return. Will the voices overlapping music overlapping aliens be a self deprecating nod to her interview, or will it be inadvertent shitfest part duex.

Quote from: DaveScottSOR on May 09, 2018, 02:02:21 AM

This thread has become like heroin!  I'm jonesing...
Someone please help me?

Looooong time lurker, first time poster.

Been a MITD subscriber since July 2015 and resisted cancelling numerous times while HW was at the helm because I wanted to support the network and do my bit to keep the dream alive.

HW certainly has a face for radio but a voice that would turn milk sour.

So Dave Schrader is now in the hot seat and I am delighted. The savior of MITD and I kinda wish this happened 2 and a half years ago, but we're here now. I tip my hat to KR, Dave is an inspired choice. So much so, I've stopped lurking and finally signed up to BG to join in with all you great people.

So yeah, that's it, just wanted to say hi and I believe MITD has entered an exciting new phase. One without Heather Fade. One with a host who knows how to host. This is all very very very good.

I will now proceed to post often and regularly. Thank you all.

Kolchak

Quote from: Christ on a Bike on May 09, 2018, 03:23:40 AM

Welcome! You obviously know the drill. Stay away from the Falkie thread.

Kolchak

I hoped to listen to the parts of tonight's episode I missed while lying down, but Keith still hasn't uploaded it. Oh, well. There's always tomorrow. 

Juan

I’m bothered by Dave dodging Paladin’s question about show prep. We need to know if Dave puts in his 8 hours a day.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Bluejay on May 08, 2018, 11:16:20 PM

Totally!  ;D

My husband records the show at night so we can hear it with the music.. but I can't access it.  Keith hasn't uploaded it to DMRN, either.  :'(

What I did hear live overnight seemed good. And I woke up to a ton of Twitter notifications from Bellgab.  ::)  Y'all havin' a party up in here??

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Juan on May 09, 2018, 04:28:43 AM
I’m bothered by Dave dodging Paladin’s question about show prep. We need to know if Dave puts in his 8 hours a day.

considering he wasn't in here shooting the shit all day with us, that might suggest he put at least a few minutes in. ;)

Granted, I've only heard the first show.. still waiting on last night's. But I don't see how Heather and Clan could find much fault with Dave. We know why they would complain, but there's really nothing to say he isn't trying to make lemonade out of the lemony situation a certain someone left behind.  Apart from him not being Heather, and maybe taking the music in a different direction, I don't think Art could even find much to fault him for.

He did say the other night that he would have had too much on his plate if he had to do C2C, too.  How the hell does he not already have too much on his plate now? 5 nights a week with MITD, and then doing the weekend gig.. plus he likes to travel.  (I think it's really cool that the MITD host has been out and seen the world, visited haunted locations, etc).

I started wondering yesterday..  Maybe the MIB got to Art?  He was all for Heather going to Area 51. His health wasn't that great anyway.  Maybe he was laying in bed, and they dropped by for a little chat.  His heart couldn't handle it.   :'(

;)

bellNwhistle

Quote from: WinWinS on May 08, 2018, 11:50:18 PM
Thanks!!!! Glad to be here

8) Welcome!

Quote from: PrairieGhost on May 09, 2018, 12:05:37 AM
Dave, just called us hateful to a degree. lol  ;D
He's not wrong. But it's a loving hate.

ponyboysunset

All,
where is last night's episode? I don't see it in the Time Travel portal? Anyone else having this problem?

ponyboysunset

Quote from: CoolTen10 on May 09, 2018, 01:00:18 AM
He didn't thank Heather tonight, but he'll thank a dead guy. :o
He should thank her for not being on the air. Hell we all should  :)

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Christ on a Bike on May 09, 2018, 03:23:40 AM
Looooong time lurker, first time poster.

Been a MITD subscriber since July 2015 and resisted cancelling numerous times while HW was at the helm because I wanted to support the network and do my bit to keep the dream alive.

HW certainly has a face for radio but a voice that would turn milk sour.

So Dave Schrader is now in the hot seat and I am delighted. The savior of MITD and I kinda wish this happened 2 and a half years ago, but we're here now. I tip my hat to KR, Dave is an inspired choice. So much so, I've stopped lurking and finally signed up to BG to join in with all you great people.

So yeah, that's it, just wanted to say hi and I believe MITD has entered an exciting new phase. One without Heather Fade. One with a host who knows how to host. This is all very very very good.

Are you at all related to Christ on a Cracker?  ???

Welcome!

bellNwhistle

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 09, 2018, 05:28:22 AM
He should thank her for not being on the air. Hell we all should  :)

And what does he have to thank her for, other than her being off air for two weeks?  Neither of them would be there w/out Art.

DynamoHum

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 09, 2018, 05:23:40 AM
All,
where is last night's episode? I don't see it in the Time Travel portal? Anyone else having this problem?

Yeah - it's not up yet, which is a bit of a downer as I was looking forward to this while I hack the coalface with my brain for mere pennies.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: DynamoHum on May 09, 2018, 05:30:20 AM
Yeah - it's not up yet, which is a bit of a downer as I was looking forward to this while I hack the coalface with my brain for mere pennies.
I wonder if it didn't get recorded? I'm bummed too as I was looking forward to listening to it with my coffee.
Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 09, 2018, 05:30:19 AM
And what does he have to thank her for, other than her being off air for two weeks?  Neither of them would be there w/out Art.
I am going to continue to say this if it weren't for bellgab Heater Wade wouldn't have even met Art. But you know, it's just that "little" podcast.
Praise MV!

bellNwhistle

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 09, 2018, 05:32:27 AM
I wonder if it didn't get recorded? I'm bummed too as I was looking forward to listening to it with my coffee. I am going to continue to say this if it weren't for bellgab Heater Wade wouldn't have even met Art. But you know, it's just that "little" podcast.
Praise MV!

:'( Same.

Quote from: dsz on May 08, 2018, 10:50:10 PM
But... losing to Clyde, Savage, John, and Jimmy on just the second night (even if you put both MITD streams together) isn't the biggest selling point. It'll be interesting to see Header Wad's second night rankings.

Dude it was his 2nd night. It is going to take some time to build up an audience. Also I don't think Schrader has promoted it much on his own podcast, which will also increase numbers. Give it some time.

Smeghead

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 08, 2018, 05:48:41 AM
Oh and no fake ass, kermit the frog meets Barry White doing and Art Bell impression voice.

Hahahahaha.. I spewed coffee all over the place.  Even drank more so I could spew again.  Spews a cool word.

I actually registered yesterday just to reply to this.  That nailed what she sounds like.  Never been able to listen to her after trying a few times years ago.

Hi everyone.  Long time lurker and listener, first time poster.

Where's the donuts and coffee.

DynamoHum

If I was Dave (and I am more than sure he is not petty like me) I would be thanking Heater every night, just not for the reassons everyone thinks..

"And a big shout out to Heater Wad - Thanks for everything you did" (to make sure I got the show you poor impulse controlled nutjob).

Quote from: Sean92008 on May 09, 2018, 01:43:52 AM

That has been speculated at re-posted for 20 years. None of it has been proven.