• Welcome to BellGab/bellchan Archive.
 

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 11, 2015, 11:13:40 PM

SpookyTim

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on May 06, 2018, 11:19:37 PM
Paranormal nonsense jumped the shark with the slenderman stabbing. Slenderman was a creepypasta on something awful and got spread around 4chan it wasn't even good creepypasta. The paranormal is dead and technology killed it PRAISE TECHNOLOGY!




That's what makes it so fascinating, though. We KNOW it isn't real, but some have made it real. And that's scary as fuck to me.

Robert

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on May 06, 2018, 10:52:10 PMThe paranormal is a shit topic that has run it's course. Maybe back in the 90's you could get away with fake shitty grainy UFO pictures but now everyone had a HD camera in their pocket and there is still no proof of ayy lmaos.
"Paranormal" covers a lot more ground than that -- most of it not even visual, much not even aural.  Psi research, still hot.  Where the fuck does consciousness even come from, let alone go?

UFOs, yeah, those ran their course quite a while ago, although there are still things to be said about secret aircraft -- you know, actual flying things made by actual people at times in the present & past when they weren't known of.  Now that's an exciting subject, esp. when disinfo about them is thrown into the mix.

And paranormal is just the leading edge of the fringe.

Robert

Quote from: SpookyTim on May 06, 2018, 11:05:40 PMNo, regurgitative paranormal radio has run its course. Some of us are still looking for the stories beyond the grainy photos or videos. Or even exploring the exact point you made--why don't we have better proof? And is proof even possible?

As much as I enjoy talking about the paranormal, I enjoy even more the pursuit of figuring out why we still need to talk about it.
Yes!  Where does this sense of the numinous come from?!

WOTR

Quote from: DarKPenguiN on May 06, 2018, 10:45:45 PM
I remember it was pretty bad when I stopped listening but now its almost unlistenable- Like a 1.5 to 1 content vs commercial time.

Then again I rarely watch or listen to anything with commercials these days so maybe i'm seeing it as worse than it really is?
You should really tune in on one of the nights where the content is the commercial.  Full length health shows with a supplement sponsor.  Enough to make you sick.

Mels-hole1984

If he's keeping the name MITD then logically it has to be someone out in the desert. Hmm who is out in the desert with paranormal radio experience and also friend of Art? It's got to be George Knapp!

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on May 06, 2018, 11:19:37 PM
Paranormal nonsense jumped the shark with the slenderman stabbing. Slenderman was a creepypasta on something awful and got spread around 4chan it wasn't even good creepypasta. The paranormal is dead and technology killed it PRAISE TECHNOLOGY!




Hogwash.

Sammi

Quote from: Mels-hole1984 on May 06, 2018, 11:27:52 PM
If he's keeping the name MITD then logically it has to be someone out in the desert. Hmm who is out in the desert with paranormal radio experience and also friend of Art? It's got to be George Knapp!

Could that be the cause for the infamous twitter exchange between Heather and Knapp?

2014

Quote from: Mels-hole1984 on May 06, 2018, 11:27:52 PM
If he's keeping the name MITD then logically it has to be someone out in the desert. Hmm who is out in the desert with paranormal radio experience and also friend of Art? It's got to be George Knapp!

I am praying to jeebus for this to happen... Knapp in 2018!

Dyna-X

Quote from: Sammi on May 06, 2018, 11:23:50 PM
I wonder how much longer this saga is going to drag out.  I can't believe she's keeping the MITD name.
Wouldn't surprise me if this goes on for months with a few days here and there of fresh drama.

Mels-hole1984

Quote from: Sammi on May 06, 2018, 11:29:22 PM
Could that be the cause for the infamous twitter exchange between Heather and Knapp?

It's certainly interesting to speculate on.

Faustina

Quote from: SpookyTim on May 06, 2018, 11:23:34 PM
My honest opinion, at least in this current period of my work, is that it's all something people create in their minds and will into existence, which to me is far more fascinating than if we have dead people around us, or beings from other planets visiting us. Then the big questions aren't the what, but the how and the why we do this. Does mankind need its boogeymen? Must we have something we always keep outside of our realm of comprehension? The more enlightened we become, we find new ways to keep ourselves in the dark about things we should have figured out centuries ago. But why?

Never thought about it that way, re: your statement in bold.  I seriously doubt that's it though.  I think alien life does exist in another galaxy and they could be far more advanced than we are, hence UFOs.  I also think that we can feel "vibes" because they are molecular.  That molecular miasma that is vibes/conflagration of emotion, sometimes escapes the body and survives for some time following a tragic event.  My own theories. 


Robert

Quote from: Faustina on May 06, 2018, 11:12:08 PMUFOs, if they exist, mean we're not alone in the universe.
I think we already know there's >1 person in the world.  But all UFOs are are things that appear to be flying, appear to be objects, & are unidentified.  Presumably if I'm not flying it, someone else is, so what?
QuoteGhosts, if they exist, prove that our souls survive the death of our bodies.
How does that follow?  They're discorporeal entities, but may not ever have come from human, animal, or any other bodies.  They're neither necessary nor sufficient evidence of soul survival.

Sammi

PS: Not to be too judgmental but I feel like it's kind of lazy of Heather to rely on fans to submit guests for her.   It's not hard to come up with a list on your own of paranormal subjects, then look up the best experts on them/who's written books, youtube documentaries, etc.. Then search the peoples contact info.   I devote a few hours a month to researching & emailing potential guests for my show.

K_Dubb

Quote from: SpookyTim on May 06, 2018, 11:23:34 PM
My honest opinion, at least in this current period of my work, is that it's all something people create in their minds and will into existence, which to me is far more fascinating than if we have dead people around us, or beings from other planets visiting us. Then the big questions aren't the what, but the how and the why we do this. Does mankind need its boogeymen? Must we have something we always keep outside of our realm of comprehension? The more enlightened we become, we find new ways to keep ourselves in the dark about things we should have figured out centuries ago. But why?

Now that is getting interesting.  Like the paranormal-as-modern-folklore approach which doesn't concern itself with whether anything is real or provable but treats the ideas qua ideas and wonders what they say about the people having them.

dsz

Quote from: Sammi on May 06, 2018, 11:23:50 PM
I wonder how much longer this saga is going to drag out.  I can't believe she's keeping the MITD name.

Remember... It's now "Heather Wade's Midnight in the Desert". Completely new and original.

Catsmile

Quote from: DynamoHum on May 06, 2018, 02:47:57 PM
Exhibit 2 in the photoshop from hell collection


# Pic Needs Heath Wad Bobbing Up And Down On Arts "LEGacy".GIF


SpookyTim

Quote from: Faustina on May 06, 2018, 11:31:04 PM
Never thought about it that way, re: your statement in bold.  I seriously doubt that's it though.  I think alien life does exist in another galaxy and they could be far more advanced than we are, hence UFOs.  I also think that we can feel "vibes" because they are molecular.  That molecular miasma that is vibes/conflagration of emotion, sometimes escapes the body and survives for some time following a tragic event.  My own theories.

They are good ones. I look forward to a long discussion in the future.

Faustina

Quote from: Mels-hole1984 on May 06, 2018, 11:17:36 PM
I don't get why he would. He already has his own podcast and spot on coast. It doesn't make sense to me. It could be Knapp. Maybe that's why Keith changed the time to work around his full time job.

I don't think Dave Shrader's podcast is doing well financially.  He has mouths to feed.  Hence, he would take a stab at hosting MITD coz it will likely bring in more bucks than his podcast is. 

Sammi

Quote from: dsz on May 06, 2018, 11:32:15 PM
Remember... It's now "Heather Wade's Midnight in the Desert". Completely new and original.

As I commented to someone on one of the threads on a Facebook group.  I'm sure it wouldn't go over too well if I launched a TV show called "Samantha's Keeping Up With The Kardashians".

dsz

Quote from: Sammi on May 06, 2018, 11:32:10 PM
PS: Not to be too judgmental but I feel like it's kind of lazy of Heather to rely on fans to submit guests for her.   It's not hard to come up with a list on your own of paranormal subjects, then look up the best experts on them/who's written books, youtube documentaries, etc.. Then search the peoples contact info.   I devote a few hours a month to researching & emailing potential guests for my show.

It's a manipulation tactic. And if not, this is Heather Wade we're talking about. And if it is, this is Heather Wade we're talking about.

zeebo

Quote from: Mels-hole1984 on May 06, 2018, 11:27:52 PM
If he's keeping the name MITD then logically it has to be someone out in the desert. Hmm who is out in the desert with paranormal radio experience and also friend of Art? It's got to be George Knapp!

My understanding is that Knapp has zero interest in any kind of full-time commitment like that.  He's got other stuff going on with his local Las Vegas scene and doesn't want to do more than a few nites a month.  Also it would be a major step down (no offence Mr. Keith) to go from a national show like C2C to a virtually unknown internet whatever.

Sammi

LOL I wonder if "Heather Wade's Midnight In The Desert" will also have "The Chase" as the intro music.    C2C, MITD, and HWMITD will all have the same bummer music.  ::)

Quote from: Mels-hole1984 on May 06, 2018, 11:11:25 PM
Hey guys, I seriously don't think it's Dave. My guess now is MV.

Good catch.  Ok, if not Dave then who?  It seems to be someone from the Coast stable since Ian is coming back on.  Dave could shitting be with that guy to throw people off, I guess.   Dunno.  Ian seems to know more.

SpookyTim

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 06, 2018, 11:32:12 PM
Now that is getting interesting.  Like the paranormal-as-modern-folklore approach which doesn't concern itself with whether anything is real or provable but treats the ideas qua ideas and wonders what they say about the people having them.

Exactly. I'm over the whole "is it haunted?" approach for ghosts, as an example. I say ok, fine, if it is...why, and what does that mean? And why does one person experience it and not another? We've been trying a flawed approach of trying to quantify what I feel is not a physical phenomena, but an emotional one.

Faustina

Quote from: Sammi on May 06, 2018, 11:32:10 PM
PS: Not to be too judgmental but I feel like it's kind of lazy of Heather to rely on fans to submit guests for her.   It's not hard to come up with a list on your own of paranormal subjects, then look up the best experts on them/who's written books, youtube documentaries, etc.. Then search the peoples contact info.   I devote a few hours a month to researching & emailing potential guests for my show.

It can be done:  takes time, which it seems Heather has plenty of right now.  She is likely, though, trying to make her fans feel more involved, and to then have more of an emotional investment in her new show.  Imagine their thrill if she has on a guest one of the poor dears suggested to her. 

Mels-hole1984

Quote from: zeebo on May 06, 2018, 11:35:16 PM
My understanding is that Knapp has zero interest in any kind of full-time commitment like that.  He's got other stuff going on with his local Las Vegas scene and doesn't want to do more than a few nites a month.  Also it would be a major step down (no offence Mr. Keith) to go from a national show like C2C to a virtually unknown internet whatever.

Wouldn't the same logic apply for Schrader too? Why would he step down from a nationaly syndicated show for unknown internet gig?

Faustina

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 06, 2018, 11:36:23 PM
Good catch.  Ok, if not Dave then who?  It seems to be someone from the Coast stable since Ian is coming back on.  Dave could shitting be with that guy to throw people off, I guess.   Dunno.  Ian seems to know more.

Richard Syrett.

Mels-hole1984

Quote from: Faustina on May 06, 2018, 11:39:02 PM
Richard Syrett.

But he's not "in the desert". That's why I'm thinking it's Knapp.

Dateline

Quote from: Catsmile on May 06, 2018, 11:32:56 PM

# Pic Needs Heath Wad Bobbing Up And Down On Arts "LEGacy".GIF



That pic has obviously been photo shopped.  The before pic had HW in his lap.

Powered by SMFPacks Menu Editor Mod