• Welcome to BellGab/bellchan Archive.
 

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 11, 2015, 11:13:40 PM

SpookyTim

Quote from: dsz on May 05, 2018, 11:50:20 AM
My opinion on the choice is a bit friendlier >



I was hoping for someone with a goofy streak that would bust out some ABBA from time to time. Someone with an impulsive streak. Someone who could throw caution to the wind. Christ... I was hoping for Heather Wade.

Darkness Dave just seems too, well, dark. If I wanted true crime stories I can just stream Investigation Discovery or buy bootleg episodes of Dateline.

That said, at least he seems honest and sane.

No comment.

Sean92008

Quote from: SpookyTim on May 05, 2018, 11:40:24 AM
Cool, early bedtime then. Good host, but not what I was hoping for.
If it's official that it's Dave S., Not excited.  I swear he went religious on a C2C show on a Friday. I think.  I literally got up from a job at my workstation, walked over and shut it off immediately. 

I'll give it a chance if it's him, I want it to work badly just to show Heather Leona Wade it was her fault. 

I am just not interested in religious dogma unless in an analysis as part of an historical perspective.  I just remember, whoever it was hosting, it was offensive/intolerable.





SpookyTim

Now, if McNulty was the new host...


dsz

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 05, 2018, 11:50:52 AM

You didn't know?

No, seriously though, I was taking that as a bit of fictional Bellgab lore. Is there proof she was a phone sex-tress? I guess that could explain why she manipulates her voice so former clients don't stumble upon her show and catch on and call her out on it.


dsz

Quote from: SpookyTim on May 05, 2018, 11:55:35 AM
No comment.

I'll comment. You may not have been my first pick but I'd have chosen you over Dave (or any non-Punnett C2C guest/ex host).

dsz

Quote from: Bart Ell on May 05, 2018, 11:58:28 AM
Don't be Mr. Bitter Titties, Tim.

Maybe he's looking at it from the perspective of who the audience is and what they want.

SpookyTim

I'm playing nice. It's not that it wasn't me. It just should have gone to someone who doesn't already have plenty of other opportunities.

SpookyTim

Quote from: dsz on May 05, 2018, 12:02:22 PM
Maybe he's looking at it from the perspective of who the audience is and what they want.

If you want Dave, you can get him three nights a week plus a couple of weekend nights a month. I wanted someone that might take the topics down a different, and fresher, path. That's all.

Quote from: bateman on May 05, 2018, 11:36:09 AM
It’s Schrader.



Was hoping that Roland would go radical with Dietrich.   Oh well............


Quote from: Morgus on May 04, 2018, 06:53:56 PM
Looks like we may see two dueling "Midnight in the Desert" shows - though Keith's with a new host starts a week or more before Heather's.

It's like End of Days Radio all over again.  :'(

dsz

And this speculation is likely true based on Keith being mum. You would wait until the last minute for someone that would widely garner a "meh, not my ideal choice but I may give it a chance" reaction.

Bart Ell

Quote from: dsz on May 05, 2018, 12:02:22 PM
Maybe he's looking at it from the perspective of who the audience is and what they want.

Nope, it is 100% Bitter Titties.

SpookyTim

Quote from: dsz on May 05, 2018, 12:05:09 PM
And this speculation is likely true based on Keith being mum. You would wait until the last minute for someone that would widely garner a "meh, not my ideal choice but I may give it a chance" reaction.

Although if you were bringing in someone you thought would be a big "get," you'd want to shout it from the rooftops to drive up listenership and subscriptions prior to Monday, too.

dsz

Quote from: SpookyTim on May 05, 2018, 12:03:39 PM
If you want Dave, you can get him three nights a week plus a couple of weekend nights a month. I wanted someone that might take the topics down a different, and fresher, path. That's all.

^^^ 👍👍👍

dsz


Quote from: Bart Ell on May 04, 2018, 06:58:31 PM
I will be running Dark City repeats on my pirate feed on BartEllLegacy.com to compete head-to-head with artbelllegacy.com.

2018 is the year of Midnight In The Dessert!


BartEllLegacy.com

May I suggest calling the show Midnight in the Dark City Desert?

K_Dubb

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on May 05, 2018, 12:04:25 PM
It's like End of Days Radio all over again.  :'(

Oh my god I forgot all about that!  You're right!  Who will whip out the hand puppet first?

Chine

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on May 05, 2018, 12:07:51 PM
May I suggest calling the show Midnight in the Dark City Desert?

Ahahaha.


Bart Ell

Quote from: SpookyTim on May 05, 2018, 12:02:35 PM
It just should have gone to someone who doesn't already have plenty of other opportunities.

Why?
This isn't American idol, Keith is bleeding subscribers and doesn't want to put another novice on.
In no universe does going with another unproven entity make sense.

SpookyTim

I'm trying to speak from a listener perspective.

Quote from: PrairieGhost on May 04, 2018, 07:04:31 PM

Draw a mustache on that woman and she is Art Bell. How can people say she is not a long lost daughter? She is his twin.

dsz

Quote from: SpookyTim on May 05, 2018, 12:07:04 PM
Although if you were bringing in someone you thought would be a big "get," you'd want to shout it from the rooftops to drive up listenership and subscriptions prior to Monday, too.

That's true. From Keith's perspective if he thought Dave was a huge "get" he should have announced. But this goes back to my earlier post where he insinuated that Howard may have a shot again at MITD in "the future". Seems like a lack of confidence to already bring up the future.

Chine

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 05, 2018, 12:08:55 PM
Oh my god I forgot all about that!  You're right!  Who will whip out the hand puppet first?

Yeah, that was wild and funny. They both popped into my head as we watch the men and their ‘little podcasts’ getting squirrely with one another. 


Bart Ell

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on May 05, 2018, 12:07:51 PM
May I suggest calling the show Midnight in the Dark City Desert?

Can't be done. I already blew my budget on the UNDER CONSTRUCTION and header graphics for the website.




dsz

Quote from: Bart Ell on May 05, 2018, 12:09:18 PM
Why?
This isn't American idol, Keith is bleeding subscribers and doesn't want to put another novice on.
In no universe does going with another unproven entity make sense.

Then he could have did a few trial weeks with known to semi-known people. In that, subscribers out of curiosity to start, Dave.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: dsz on May 05, 2018, 11:58:51 AM
No, seriously though, I was taking that as a bit of fictional Bellgab lore. Is there proof she was a phone sex-tress? I guess that could explain why she manipulates her voice so former clients don't stumble upon her show and catch on and call her out on it.

Quote from: (Redacted) on November 22, 2013, 03:17:38 PM
Fuck it.  I have a resume 2 1/2 pages long of office support staff positions I excelled at.  Used to work for my friends' bands loading & unloading gear on the weekends (Been known to back-up sing on occasion, as well).  Can't do that anymore because of my injury & pain.

Now, I am reduced to working a fetish phone sex line.  There.  Now everyone knows. I don't give a shit today.  Sling your stones and arrows or whatever else is handy.  Go ahead and hate me, think less of me.  Doesn't matter to me anymore.

What's my expertise?  Survival.   :-\  I gotta eat, man.

Quote from: Chine on May 04, 2018, 07:12:33 PM
This is all so frikken insane. I’ve missed you, Rossy.


Ha. You remember the GNS threads and all the fun we had back then? The pizza rolls and George attacked by that raccoon? I still have those sketches of the Raccoon Attack. That was 5, 6 years ago in here.

Wasn't it a dead squirrel under his bed? And a horde of ants in his barbecue grill?

chefist

Quote from: Bart Ell on May 05, 2018, 12:12:24 PM
Can't be done. I already blew my budget on the UNDER CONSTRUCTION and header graphics for the website.



I've already used the new email Addy...merci

Powered by SMFPacks Menu Editor Mod