• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Thursday December 18th, 2008!

Started by Centurion73, December 13, 2008, 06:12:45 PM

Centurion73

It is listed that Art will be doing the show on Dec 18th good news for me at least. I am interested what anyone thinks on why Art dropped in lately? Is he bit by the bug to do some shows again, has the current Captain and co-captain run the ship aground in ratings and he is needed to spike them? Any thoughts anyone?

EvB

My guess is pretty simplistic.  He had a great time tromping aobut the world with his family - got to see his dying mother for the fist time in over a year - and now it's time to settle in and do a little something else for a while. There may well be more to it that that - but tha's the part I see.

Max

Centurion73

Quote from: Max on December 18, 2008, 01:13:31 AM
this is show 2 of 4 in this contract
Thanks Max, makes sense now the two prediction shows left and he is done?

puddintame

Quote from: Max on December 18, 2008, 01:13:31 AM
this is show 2 of 4 in this contract

I thought it was No. 3.  Sure hope you are correct and we have two to go.  Two at New Year's - maybe, I hope?

Centurion73

Quote from: puddintame on December 18, 2008, 01:42:12 AM
I thought it was No. 3.  Sure hope you are correct and we have two to go.  Two at New Year's - maybe, I hope?
I may be wrong if I am I have no doubt someone will let me know. However, I think  Ian said Art was doing two prediction shows.

Max

Quote from: Centurion73 on December 18, 2008, 01:23:39 AM
Thanks Max, makes sense now the two prediction shows left and he is done?

Last I heard Art was bored of the show.

Quote from: puddintame on December 18, 2008, 01:42:12 AM

no he did the one in may, where he said he has 4 shows left, canceled June, and ghost to ghost, did end of november, and now the dec 18,  thats 2 shows, and then the two prediction shows and thats a total of 4.

Quote from: Centurion73 on December 18, 2008, 01:52:35 AM
I may be wrong if I am I have no doubt someone will let me know. However, I think  Ian said Art was doing two prediction shows.

yep. Follow the math above...

Centurion73

Quote from: Max on December 18, 2008, 01:57:38 AM
Last I heard Art was bored of the show.
He is not the only one that is for sure!

puddintame

Quote from: Centurion73 on December 18, 2008, 02:04:01 AM
He is not the only one that is for sure!

Art has been hooked on radio since he was a little kid he has often said.  I can't believe that Ham radio, his little wife and his little kid are all that fulfilling 24/7 for the Master Talk Host.  I have a feeling that he has had a stomach full of Prem. Rad, however, and is only hanging in there until this last contract is over.  No.  I haven't been smoking anything and I hope I'm not dreaming nor thinking too positively.  For awhile I had high hopes for KNYE, but he sold that.  Maybe that was Ramona's deal?  Could he possibly like hanging out, going on cruises, changing diapers, etc. full time?  Doesn't sound like the Art we all knew and loved.

EvB

QuoteI think  Ian said Art was doing two prediction shows.

Don't shoot the messenger - but *I* thought Ian said that Art was doing the first and he (Ian) was doing the second.  Even as an Ian fan I wasn't thrilled. Doesn't seem like the kid of thing he does particularly well.  BUT  -- if Art can't and Knapp can't . . . better than Snoors!